Legendary Fractal Armor

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@melandru.3876 said:no to fractal legendary armoryes to fractal armor skins both normal and gold

there are allready 3 ways of gaining legendary armor, pve is covered by raids. don't need a fractal version aswell

legendary should be "rare" not everyone and their mother having a full set and 8 weapons, they complelty lose their feeling that way

PVE isn't covered by raids, not a big fun of silver and gold 2005 design.Rare? Why convenient item should be rare? Give me one good reason

if everyone and their dog has legendary, then they are just ascended sets with shiny effects don't you think?it's a privilige to stat swap and swap runes at any given time. that privilige should be earned through effort, and dedication

not because some people just want to have it aswell

WvW and PvP sets beg to differ, go slak in wvw or afk in pvp and get it done.There is only one set in game has rights to be legendary by your opinion, it's shiny wvw legendary that one can get having lv 2000 in wvw.

and raids, the true end-game of pveraids, the actual gamemode where stats matter more then wherever, and you'll sqap classes/builds on bosses as needed

but because you don't care about raids, you try another waysay, what about dungeon legendary armor?

of what for those people who finnish story on every character, they should get story-legendary armor.

No, not raids, Raids armor can be bough thus making it on one line with afk pvp and slacking wvw armor

then go slack wvw for 25 weeks and be done with it.remember the time i said "effort and dedication", well we have comeback to this point

Stop telling me what to do and in return I won't tell you where you suppose to go.I remember times when top tier was BiS. And convenient items weren't locked on dead failed mods

Because raids are so dead and failed, why exactly did they announce another raid wing coming after the next LS story?

That new raid was in development way before. lets see what would happened to raids after. > @melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@melandru.3876 said:no to fractal legendary armoryes to fractal armor skins both normal and gold

there are allready 3 ways of gaining legendary armor, pve is covered by raids. don't need a fractal version aswell

legendary should be "rare" not everyone and their mother having a full set and 8 weapons, they complelty lose their feeling that way

PVE isn't covered by raids, not a big fun of silver and gold 2005 design.Rare? Why convenient item should be rare? Give me one good reason

if everyone and their dog has legendary, then they are just ascended sets with shiny effects don't you think?it's a privilige to stat swap and swap runes at any given time. that privilige should be earned through effort, and dedication

not because some people just want to have it aswell

WvW and PvP sets beg to differ, go slak in wvw or afk in pvp and get it done.There is only one set in game has rights to be legendary by your opinion, it's shiny wvw legendary that one can get having lv 2000 in wvw.

and raids, the true end-game of pveraids, the actual gamemode where stats matter more then wherever, and you'll sqap classes/builds on bosses as needed

but because you don't care about raids, you try another waysay, what about dungeon legendary armor?

of what for those people who finnish story on every character, they should get story-legendary armor.

No, not raids, Raids armor can be bough thus making it on one line with afk pvp and slacking wvw armor

then go slack wvw for 25 weeks and be done with it.remember the time i said "effort and dedication", well we have comeback to this point

Stop telling me what to do and in return I won't tell you where you suppose to go.I remember times when top tier was BiS. And convenient items weren't locked on dead failed mods

Because raids are so dead and failed, why exactly did they announce another raid wing coming after the next LS story?

how dare you to think logical!you will offend the poor dragonhunter that took his build from snowcrows, a totally non-raiding guild

I was running hammer guardian in Fractals way before there was Snocrow and best of all I didn't need Snowcrow to tell me about Berserk and Scholar runes when Dragonhunter arrived.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Vinceman.4572" said:GW2 heavily needs a PvE legendary armor outside of raids and there are no objective arguments against that.

The raid skin should be untouched, this is clear for almost everyone, hopefully. But it's just inconsistent to not provide a leg armor to all kind of players if you have legendary weapons for them.I also think no one should expect to get their shinies via log in. It would be desirable if there's a huge & overwhelming journey throughout Tyria with tasks to do on every open world map, with little stories told by npcs etc. pp. like we have for the first three HoT legendaries. A little material/gold sink should be included for sure. I know that this probably ain't going to happen because they already stopped their legendary weapon development in the past due to not having enough resources but it would be the right & reasonable decision for this game.

the skill level in gw2 is riduculous low, because in open woeld there is zero challenge. the majority of the playerbase does nothing but "farm" and "open world". they will neve improve because they don't have to, or simply don't want to.

Yes, focus of the game was be to like this, to be for players that don't see & feel their place in other games like WoW among others.There is absolutely no need to improve in a game, a hobby, a thing lots of us are doing
after work
. The main target audience - at least in this game - should not be the individual who can afford playing more than 1-2 hours like for example students, pupils, jobless persons, sometimes sick people and others.The argument "You have to improve" is such a bs for a video game if you don't want to enter a more competitive framework anyways. That's not even working in most of the real life sports (still talking about amateurs )where you only play in higher leagues (if you do) but won't gain any more rewards than others.Playing the game should be an entertaining experience and definitely not work. As a veteran raider and fractal god (bla bla bla) I agree there has to be kind of content for us and of course rewards. To make it clear that should include special skins and infusions but not extraordinary qol stuff or things like a legendary armor.Anet is or was aware of that and gave legendary armor to PvP and WvW not because players of both game modes wished that in the first place. They absorbed a little bit of the severe criticism coming from the majority of the GW2 players. The next step should & must be the implementation of a true PvE armor.

I think that in respect of the layoff situation and the "new" marketing offensive there is justified fear of losing or having lost many players lately leading to a race to the bottom and to the end of getting regular content updates in the future. We all know it'll start with no more raid, fractal, WvW and PvP updates. Let's hope I'm totally wrong here.

you make some valid point, but there is allways room to improveif a guy with 23k ap still doesn't know what breakbars are, then there's something really wrong

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

GW2 heavily needs a PvE legendary armor outside of raids
and there are no objective arguments against that.

Likewise, there are no objective arguments for it as well.

Exactly, I agree. I have all sets but don't need them due to gazillion of asc stuff I acquired long before leggy armor and with arcdps/future ingame build templates there's no need for that type of armor as well.

@melandru.3876 said:you make some valid point, but there is allways room to improveif a guy with 23k ap still doesn't know what breakbars are, then there's something really wrong

I'm with you here and it baffles me that there's still no decent tutorial for players. It's ok to start the game with the lvl 1 to 2 story part but after they have introduced breakbars and special action key they should have focused more on cutscenes during story missions and solid explanations how things are working.

@phs.6089 said:

if you wish so. In my opinion legendary gear were added to raids and after to wvw and pvp to attract people to failing by that time wvw and pvp and new for that time raids, that are successfully failed as game mod as well. I don't see any other reason for mod being in game for more then 3 years and being so poorly populated.If community doesn't want to go do them, means only one thing, there is something wrong.

About 10% does RAIDS 1% does fractal CMs. This is not a failing of raids, this is to cater for players that wants a challenge. It is a fine balance between casual and 'hardcore' players. With no 'hardcore' players that are passionate about the game there will be no vocal minority to make guides and teach the community. Without casual players arenanet will not make enough $ to keep gw2 running and develop new content.

@"melandru.3876" said:

because pvp and raids take actual skillin fractals it takes 1 healscourge/1 heal fb to carry 4 bad players. fight will tak a while but will 100% succeed aslong as the heal fb/healscourge knows what it is doing.a game should not reward you for failing, it should punnish you

You don't necessarily need a healer. Just 1 good DPS for T4s, the other 4 players are there to distract the enemy long enough for the main dps to burst the enemy down.

the skill level in gw2 is riduculous low, because in open woeld there is zero challenge. the majority of the playerbase does nothing but "farm" and "open world". they will neve improve because they don't have to, or simply don't want to.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Yes, focus of the game was be to like this, to be for players that don't see & feel their place in other games like WoW among others.There is absolutely no need to improve in a game, a hobby, a thing lots of us are doing after work. The main target audience - at least in this game - should not be the individual who can afford playing more than 1-2 hours like for example students, pupils, jobless persons, sometimes sick people and others.The argument "You have to improve" is such a bs for a video game if you don't want to enter a more competitive framework anyways. That's not even working in most of the real life sports (still talking about amateurs )where you only play in higher leagues (if you do) but won't gain any more rewards than others.

So in another words the casuals who plays the game as a hobby don't need legendary armor because they farm in open world all the their game life and is under no pressure or need to experiment with different builds known as QoL with legendary gear.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Exactly, I agree. I have all sets but don't need them due to gazillion of asc stuff I acquired long before leggy armor and with arcdps/future ingame build templates there's no need for that type of armor as well.

In another words even less reason for casuals to need legendary armor.

@squallaus.8321 said:

@phs.6089 said:

if you wish so. In my opinion legendary gear were added to raids and after to wvw and pvp to attract people to failing by that time wvw and pvp and new for that time raids, that are successfully failed as game mod as well. I don't see any other reason for mod being in game for more then 3 years and being so poorly populated.If community doesn't want to go do them, means only one thing, there is something wrong.

About 10% does RAIDS 1% does fractal CMs. This is not a failing of raids, this is to cater for players that wants a challenge. It is a fine balance between casual and 'hardcore' players. With no 'hardcore' players that are passionate about the game there will be no vocal minority to make guides and teach the community. Without casual players arenanet will not make enough $ to keep gw2 running and develop new content.

How many have done Raids CM? What CMs do here? Why you compare usual raids to fractal CMs, 99/100 CM are way hardcore then many raids' bosses.casual T4 runner changes gear/chars/start more often then raider/wvw and pvpers all together.

I would agree with your copypast 'desire' speach if legendary was anything else but convenient item. But it not.Hell I'm grinding a BiS glove in another game, it gives 3% damage. I finished weapon that has 4th stat line on it.That is desire.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

How many have done Raids CM? What CMs do here? Why you compare usual raids to fractal CMs, 99/100 CM are way hardcore then many raids' bosses.casual T4 runner changes gear/chars/start more often then raider/wvw and pvpers all together.

I would agree with your copypast 'desire' speach if legendary was anything else but convenient item. But it not.Hell I'm grinding a BiS glove in another game, it gives 3% damage. I finished weapon that has 4th stat line on it.That is desire.

good joke "casual t4 runnes changes gear/char more then raider.that especially shows when the casual t4 runner refuses to change even 1 utility skill to adapt to a situation/instability.

or those fractal bosses that are better off taken down with condi damage instead of power damage..then suddenly the whole party starts reforming /s

@melandru.3876 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

good joke "casual t4 runnes changes gear/char more then raider.that especially shows when the casual t4 runner refuses to change even 1 utility skill to adapt to a situation/instability.

or those fractal bosses that are better off taken down with condi damage instead of power damage..then suddenly the whole party starts reforming /s

Good joke is locking 90% of your palyerbase out of convenient item, 90% of people that actually paying your wages

@phs.6089 said:How many have done Raids CM? What CMs do here? Why you compare usual raids to fractal CMs, 99/100 CM are way hardcore then many raids' bosses.casual T4 runner changes gear/chars/start more often then raider/wvw and pvpers all together.

That's the general stats. Harder the content less the participants.

I would agree with your copypast 'desire' speach if legendary was anything else but convenient item. But it not.

A convenient item that has little meaning to casuals. If you actualyl care about the stat swap and you actually need it then you're not a casual, you're just lazy.

Hell I'm grinding a BiS glove in another game, it gives 3% damage. I finished weapon that has 4th stat line on it.That is desire.

No. That is you on a gear treadmill who's stats becomes obsolete in the next expansion patch.

By the sound of things you just want an easy way to legendary gear because you're busy playing other games.

@squallaus.8321 said:

@melandru.3876 said:How many have done Raids CM? What CMs do here? Why you compare usual raids to fractal CMs, 99/100 CM are way hardcore then many raids' bosses.casual T4 runner changes gear/chars/start more often then raider/wvw and pvpers all together.

That's the general stats. Harder the content less the participants.

I would agree with your copypast 'desire' speach if legendary was anything else but convenient item. But it not.

A convenient item that has little meaning to casuals. If you actualyl care about the stat swap and you actually need it then you're not a casual, you're just lazy.

Hell I'm grinding a BiS glove in another game, it gives 3% damage. I finished weapon that has 4th stat line on it.That is desire.

No. That is you on a gear treadmill who's stats becomes obsolete in the next expansion patch.

By the sound of things you just want an easy way to legendary gear because you're busy playing other games.

might want to change the name of the person you quoted, it sure wasn't me who said that

It basically comes down to people wanting others to do what they have done. People who have obtained it one way dislike others that get it a different way. I have no problem with it personally. I am all for inclusiveness over exclusiveness. I do not think it should be neither quick or easy but I would be perfectly fine with it being an option to strive for.

It is perplexing why people have problems with others getting legendary gear different ways for their account. It really does not impact them directly so the kickback is unwarranted. If anything it may keep people playing and player retention should be high on anets priorities along with trying to get new players. What do I care if another player has the ability to swap stats? Its only a luxury for the people that have them. I've never understood the 1% mentality and I guess I never will.

The game is constantly growing and so should our minds. Things are going to constantly change in this game especially with the new dev team set up anet has moved to. Fractals today may not be the fractals of tomorrow. I'm open to change and encourage it. I just wish more people would get on board.

@Excursion.9752 said:It basically comes down to people wanting others to do what they have done. People who have obtained it one way dislike others that get it a different way. I have no problem with it personally. I am all for inclusiveness over exclusiveness. I do not think it should be neither quick or easy but I would be perfectly fine with it being an option to strive for.

That might be true for some. There is always a part of: well I had to do it, so others should too. On the other hand, balance is of primary concern for me personally.

@Excursion.9752 said:It is perplexing why people have problems with others getting legendary gear different ways for their account. It really does not impact them directly so the kickback is unwarranted. If anything it may keep people playing and player retention should be high on anets priorities along with trying to get new players. What do I care if another player has the ability to swap stats? Its only a luxury for the people that have them. I've never understood the 1% mentality and I guess I never will.

Are we talking short- , medium- or long-term player retention? Because wrong implemented legendary armor might cause exactly that: a short burst spike of things to do at the cost of long-term goals and nonrefundable player loss. Especially in a game where there is no vertical progression.

@Excursion.9752 said:

The game is constantly growing and so should are minds. Things are going to constantly change in this game especially with the new dev team set up anet has moved to. Fractals today may not be the fractals of tomorrow. I'm open to change and encourage it. I just wish more people would get on board.

Which poses an interesting argument as far as how rewards and the already short gear grind should be balanced. More towards new players or more towards long-term players?

On the one hand, we already have some of the shortest grind in the MMO market to get BiS gear with no vertical progression, on the other hand a new player is faced with tons of things to do. At the same time certain content works as a catalyst for gear progression. Fractal in particular will cause any player of 1 year or longer to swim in ascended gear. Convenience items to such a player should be priced accordingly, which in turn makes them far to expensive for a new player. etc.

@"Asum.4960" said:On one side they make statements like that if you want an easy legendary armor, there are plenty of super easy Raid "encounters" available that anyone can do, while at the same time proclaiming Fractals doesn't deserve a Legendary armor due to being too easy, even though it could be locked behind Fractal CM's, which are easily on the level of most Raid encounters.

The fact that only 1% of the player base participates in Fractal CM's if anything is a point in favour of incentivising that content further with repeatable high value rewards like Legendary Armor as well, just as they did with Raids.

Only if they introduce more CMs to existing fractals and new fractals that requires multiple clears of all levels unlike raid where you can just clear the harder raids once and then repeat the easy ones to get legendary. Having more CMs will make fractals alot more fun.

But right now people (e.g. like the person that you quoted) are actually asking for low skill based legendary armor for "casual" players. Having legendary armor locked behind fractal CMs is not exactly something for "casual" players, who only run around the open world all their game life. GW2 is a skill based game, end game items locked behind content that requires higher amount of skills to clear than usual makes sense.

@Cyninja.2954 said:On the one hand, we already have some of the shortest grind in the MMO market to get BiS gear with no vertical progression, on the other hand a new player is faced with tons of things to do. At the same time certain content works as a catalyst for gear progression. Fractal in particular will cause any player of 1 year or longer to swim in ascended gear. Convenience items to such a player should be priced accordingly, which in turn makes them far to expensive for a new player. etc.

This is why players in this game have alot more time to improve their skills compared to other games as getting gear with the right stats is not an issue in this game.

Thanks to the more passionate players in the game they make guides for the rest of the community and makes things alot easier to pick up. There are guides for every single encoounter in the game.

So it is my firm belief that anyone can get good at this game if they choose to work on it. Anyone can get the current raid based legendary armor if they work on it.

This thread has discussions that cover two distinct ideas, either of which could be implemented independently:

• ANet considers fractals as "another dungeon," so shouldn't it have its own unique armor skins?
  • If ANet agrees that the game needs another method for obtaining stat-changeable ascended gear, is Fractal the best option for the next source?

@Miellyn.6847 said:Because raids are so dead and failed, why exactly did they announce another raid wing coming after the next LS story?Because it was already in the works when they released wing 6 (and is supposedly part of a package with it). Since it was nearly finished anyway, they will release it. They way they phrased it however suggests to me that it will be the last wing.

@squallaus.8321 said:About 10% does RAIDSProbably far less - yes, the efficiency kill numbers on some specific bosses are higher, but not only they are overinflated due to the very nature of that site, but also those are numbers for single kills, not for any sort of longterm activity. Also, those are the numbers for the earlier wings - for last two they are much lower.I'd be surprised if even as much as 5% of the game community actively raids at this point.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Miellyn.6847" said:Because raids are so dead and failed, why exactly did they announce another raid wing coming after the next LS story?Because it was already in the works when they released wing 6 (and is supposedly part of a package with it). Since it was nearly finished anyway, they will release it. They way they phrased it however suggests to me that it will be the
last
wing.

From what they wrote on https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/ , it doesn't give me the impression that its going to be the last wing ever. They said they were polishing the last encounter of w7. It would actually be bad if they dont release challenging content such as raids in the future because that will drive away the more passionate hard core players from the game just like the period before expansion 1.

They need to continue to release content for both casual and hardcore players. They need to strike the right balance between these 2 groups of people in order to ensure gw2's survival on the gaming market.

@squallaus.8321 said:About 10% does RAIDSProbably far less - yes, the efficiency kill numbers on some specific bosses are higher, but not only they are overinflated due to the very nature of that site, but also those are numbers for single kills, not for any sort of longterm activity. Also, those are the numbers for the earlier wings - for last two they are much lower.I'd be surprised if even as much as 5% of the game community actively raids at this point.

Pretty sure that 10% came from some anet employee in some interview. Numbers go up and down all the time, this is normal. Especially in this game where you can simply drop it for a few months and then continue where you left off. Once players get all the rewards they they need they might go play other parts of the game or different games entirely. Add new swappable items with raid tokens you might see the numbers go up again.

@phs.6089 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:Because raids are so dead and failed, why exactly did they announce another raid wing coming after the next LS story?

That new raid was in development way before. lets see what would happened to raids after.

You guys tell us that now for almost two years now. 'But raids are a failed experiment and the development will stop after the next raid wing'. Just look in the easy mode thread how often a similiar phrase shows up. There will be another raid wing after it.Get over it already, raids are part of PvE since HoT and won't go anywere in the forseeable future.

@lare.5129 said:fractal each day give gold, ascend wep+ armors items, and 2 mystic clever for leg weapons, and 5-10 mystic coins, and etc.Why it should give more ?p.s. also it give me my favorite cheap 20 slot bags,

Good riddance calling RNG drops each days. If you ask me I would rather they give me some currency I can get ascended parts I need with bit gold, then getting ascended shoulders drop 8 weeks on the row.As to question why the need to have legendary armor to give.My answer would be: so I can spend that gold and those mats on it. Making economy healthier.Cheap bags? have you seen WvW vendor?Mystic coins? have you played any tournament in PvP?Don't let me start on mystic clovers from either Pvp or WvW. :)

@"phs.6089" said:There was a topic I can't find it now.Let me refresh this request. With upcoming build temples etc, please consider giving us Legendary Fractal Armors.At the moment we can get ascended with selectable stats from fractal vendor. It has default ascended(craft) skins.Would be nice to get fractal themed skins and way to upgrade ascended into legendary.Seriously I don't know any other mod where stat swaps could be used as intense as in fractals. maybe sPvP.But anyway. Game needs mat sink and play-time added for goal(s). Fractals deserve to have own set of legendary armor.

I don't think that Legendary Armor should be available in 5man content, but yet again they added it to Conquest Mode in PvP so.... I guess nothing is stopping anyone from adding it to Fractals, although I still think it should remain within raids.

They overly simplified raids, and you now have access to extremely simple events/bosses to get li.-W4 B1-3 Are very easy-W1 B1 + Spirit run is very easy too-W3 Escort + KC + TC.

I mean the whole of W1-4 Aren't that hard anymore since they've been out for so long.

Plus, wouldn't that be a bad idea, since the current aim in Fractals is to get "Fractal God" title, so if they release legendary arbors in Fractals, wouldn't that make getting the title even more difficult.

@tim.4596 said:

@"phs.6089" said:There was a topic I can't find it now.Let me refresh this request. With upcoming build temples etc, please consider giving us Legendary Fractal Armors.At the moment we can get ascended with selectable stats from fractal vendor. It has default ascended(craft) skins.Would be nice to get fractal themed skins and way to upgrade ascended into legendary.Seriously I don't know any other mod where stat swaps could be used as intense as in fractals. maybe sPvP.But anyway. Game needs mat sink and play-time added for goal(s). Fractals deserve to have own set of legendary armor.

I don't think that Legendary Armor should be available in 5man content, but yet again they added it to Conquest Mode in PvP so.... I guess nothing is stopping anyone from adding it to Fractals, although I still think it should remain within raids.

They overly simplified raids, and you now have access to extremely simple events/bosses to get li. W4 B1-3 Are very easy. W1 B1 + Spirit run is very easy too. Then you can do W3 Escort + KC + TC. I mean the whole of W1-4 Aren't that hard anymore since they've been out for so long.

Plus, wouldn't that be a bad idea, since the current aim in Fractals is to get "Fractal God" title, so if they release legendary arbors in Fractals, wouldn't that make getting the title even more difficult.

Suggestion wasn't about raids armor and how to cheese it.What makes you believe the objective in fractals is to get 'Fractal God' title?It's not, it's optional. here are many vet players that never go even savant.

@phs.6089 said:

@tim.4596 said:

@phs.6089 said:There was a topic I can't find it now.Let me refresh this request. With upcoming build temples etc, please consider giving us Legendary Fractal Armors.At the moment we can get ascended with selectable stats from fractal vendor. It has default ascended(craft) skins.Would be nice to get fractal themed skins and way to upgrade ascended into legendary.Seriously I don't know any other mod where stat swaps could be used as intense as in fractals. maybe sPvP.But anyway. Game needs mat sink and play-time added for goal(s). Fractals deserve to have own set of legendary armor.

They overly simplified raids, and you now have access to extremely simple events/bosses to get li. W4 B1-3 Are very easy. W1 B1 + Spirit run is very easy too. Then you can do W3 Escort + KC + TC. I mean the whole of W1-4 Aren't that hard anymore since they've been out for so long.

Suggestion wasn't about raids armor and how to cheese it.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean, because for me Legendary Fractal Armor would be adding another Legendary Armor to the PvE content, and I don't think anyone actually care how the legendary armors looks like, most people have transmuted them anyway. So I don't really understand how adding another set of Legendary Armor to the PvE content, wouldn't result in cheesing the Raid one.