LWS5: I believe we are going to Cantha

There have been releases lately (mount skins, outfits,...) that make me believe that LWS5 will take us to Cantha.

I also have a feeling that new elite specs are awaiting us:

• Necromancer: Ritualist
  • Thief: Assassin
  • (no idea for the others)

Mark my words: Cantha looms on the horizon. :)

UPDATE 2019-05-15:@"Ashantara.8731" said:So... there is this new bug that came with the patch on Tuesday: the homegrown flowers. All say "Homegrown [name of flowe]", only the Shing Jea ones say "Shing Jea Orchid", as if the devs were working with it on some new map(s) and caused the bug. ;)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Cantha, where we will live in our player housing and go fishing with our Tengu neighbors. AND we'll be able to race change to those oft-desired Tengu via a 2000-gem item! /s

Actually, with all Anet's been through lately, and the bad press they've received, catering to player demands may work out in their favor.

The only reason that I speculate we're goin' to Cantha, is 'cause of the Ritualist outfit that's gonna release soon (why not release it with Rev, which is GW2's Rit?). And, dragons (normal ones, I suppose) existed in Cantha; the new mount we're getting is a dragon. Then again, the beetle had nothing to do with Kourna, besides it loosely relating to the scarab plague which kinda invovled all of Elona.But that's just me. I find it fun to speculate until the episode releases and then the questions are answered.

@DeanBB.4268 said:Yes, Cantha, where we will live in our player housing and go fishing with our Tengu neighbors. AND we'll be able to race change to those oft-desired Tengu via a 2000-gem item! /s

Actually, with all Anet's been through lately, and the bad press they've received, catering to player demands may work out in their favor.

Agreed, more to the point though, I dont think they can realistically stay away from Cantha if they want to conclude the Elder Dragons story arc. The deep Sea Dragon lurks north of Cantha, which makes it the ideal staging point for actions centered around it.

I dont know if they can realistically implement Elite specs into living story episodes though. I wish, but it doesn't makes sense financially. One of the bigger selling points of expansions Were Elite specs. If they continue with making the living story free for their release period, that is a huge loss of income for them. Not to mention, living story 5 masteries would then be tied to Path of Fire masteries ? Or Core ? It brings interesting, but complex questions regarding the entire overhaul.

Dont get me wrong, I'd like Nothing more than see Cantha, especially considering the smaller landmass and large amount of water might yield interesting water interractions, but it feels too complex for a living story setup. Cantha could be explored in Living story, but probably not with elite specs, and elite specs of canthan design could be implemented, but probably not in a living story episode, if you see what I mean

@Ashantara.8731 said:Mark my words: Cantha looms on the horizon. :)Consider your words marked.

Based on the phrasing above and using the same translating program that fans use when parsing quotes from ANet, here's what I understood you to be saying:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Living World 5 will take us to Cantha, or I'll give everyone posting in this thread 100 plat (which would be 16 ecto, give or take).

nah. I WANT cantha, but i think they are just nods to it, like the dervish outfit. I would be in two camps however IF season five was Cantha, 1, like OMGZONG at last!! and then I would be disappointed that it wasn't given it's own expansion. It is part of the GW universe and deserves its place. Then we can go to others places or even a new completely different land so would make the haters happy.I just wish they would say either way.BTW If cantha had come before POF, would you still have wanted the desert? I know I would off, anyway.

What's in Cantha that's so amazing, besides sheer nostalgia? The Kurzicks and Luxons have been assimilated (forcibly) into Canthan culture (or wiped out), all of the Tengu are driven out, and the xenophobic aristocracy rules with an iron fist. After over a century, there would be nothing left of the old cultures. If we go there to fight Bubbles - sorry, I mean Selbbub :tongue: - the storyline will be entirely human-centered...which is what Path of Fire is.

Yeah...no, thanks. :/

This is an example of reading too far into gem store releases. We’re seen this throughout the years and they have never, or maybe in a very few circumstances, foreshadowed upcoming locations in the scope of an area like Cantha.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread-Merged/page/45#post4167690

We also saw people making that connection during LS2 and four years later...

Oh, and Dervish is from Elona, not Cantha.

@Batel.9206 said:What's in Cantha that's so amazing, besides sheer nostalgia? The Kurzicks and Luxons have been assimilated (forcibly) into Canthan culture (or wiped out), all of the Tengu are driven out, and the xenophobic aristocracy rules with an iron fist. After over a century, there would be nothing left of the old cultures. If we go there to fight Bubbles - sorry, I mean Selbbub :tongue: - the storyline will be entirely human-centered...which is what Path of Fire is.

Yeah...no, thanks. :/

Why do you think it will all be about shiro and the jade sea? 250 years have passed, we have no idea what is out there now. There might be a race we haven't even discovered yet.