Warclaw Annoyance

jwaz.1908

• 1 year later...

I find this super annoying. I use my numeric keypad for everything except the Raptor/Warclaw, which I expect to just work with the X pre-bound key. Since I do a lot of both WvW and PvE, I am constantly having to adjust this. Now, when you go into WvW, it switches, of course because that is the only valid mount. But why change my settings?

It's been this way for a long time now and there have been multiple threads suggesting this to be changed for convenience. The only reason that I could think of for the devs not doing it (other than not being worth the time in their mind), is that there may be no way for them to easily add a way to remember the last mount that was bound to X before entering WvW.

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:It's an intermittent bug that doesn't always happen. I reported it awhile back on this thread.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71087/warclaw-as-default-mount-in-wvw-affects-default-in-pveThe bug is when the warclaw does not default in PvE after you've been in WvW, which I have seen many times (one time it occured 3 times in a row which made me think Anet had fixed it. But no, they disappoint).

Its kind of funny when the bug is literally supposed to be the feature. I mean all Anet need to do is have the bug occur 100% of the time and the bug is fixed.

At the normal rate WvW bugs are fixed, we should have this one fixed in 5-7 years so just sit back and wait. Either that or find a way to exploit raid bosses with it so its fixed overnight, but for this particular bug that is very unlikely :(

I've keybound all my Mounts to F6-F12, but the x is the 'Use Default Mount' Key.

What is OK is that that key switches automatically to Warclaw if I enter WVW.What is anoying that sometimes if I leave WVW it doesn't switch to the previous selection.

If it switches automatically to warclaw, it should automatically switch back - what it does in 90% of the time, but not always.

If it never switches back, OK, that is a missing feature.

But that it sometimes not switches back its a bug.

(Edit typos)