DuoQ is out of control. This is NOT acceptable

Fortus.6175

I just had a match where I went agaisnt not one, but TWO premades, with the #1 ranked player on it to top it off:  

https://imgur.com/tmgvm54https://imgur.com/ljFM5zU  Ok, Anet, in what world is this ok? Why is stuff like that and this https://imgur.com/F0VrrUg so common? How many more pictures must clutter my screenshot folder?Are you really ok with this sh$t? Are we supposed to be ok with this? And no, this isnt an outlier, I have had several of these games over the past week, 1 premade usually, but this gems pops nearly once a day for me. You can see Im doing everything I can, i try to be positive, I do well as far as stats are concerned. But at the end of the day nothing beats build coordination and voice chat coordination. And of course, they abuse the system by partying up with someone with artificially low MMR (an alt, on which they purposely try to get the MMR as low as possible so that they are put agaisnt low MMR opponents when they queue up).

What part of competitiveness do you not grasp? Letting people queue up together makes it so that if you dont do it yourself, you are not being "competitive", this is the f#cking definition of having an edge over others. This is unfair and not fun for the receiving end, and eventually wont be fun for the premades either as they wont have players left to fight at this rate. I just dont understand it, do you value "playing with friends" worth your competitive integrity? Because if it so then Im out, Im not having fun. I have been loyal Pvp player since beta, having clocked nearly 6k games, have gone through all your crappy metas, stuck with underwhelming ele for 3 years, but this is the last straw for me.   

edit: it seems other people abusing the PvP system are making it on reddit too: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bcpwrj/do_you_ever_look_at_stuff_and_wonder_how_it_got/eksnu7z?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unranked: bring your PvE friend and introduce them to PvP. Also for those who "cant pvp without a friend" crowd as these abusers so try to defend this.Ranked: everyone on the same ground, all rules even across the board, no advantagesAT: for those who wants to play with friends AND be competitive.

We already have the system in place. Not sure what is the explanation Anet has for this system currently. But of course, their heads are so far up the arse that they cant be bothered to check their own forums and see whats happening in their game. Im honestly trying to stay civil but my blood is just boiling at the thought of seeing this descent to crappiness from my favorite game. I feel like Im in a sort of abusive relationship at this point and I need to learn to let go....

No, it is not competitive anymore and does represent personal skill even less than it used to. With some exceptions, most people from top20-30ish are all more or less equally good in my experience (not talking about people being carried by duos, OP classes and stuff).

I had a discussion here on the forums some months ago. We tried to have a closer look at the matchmaker and how it forms teams with duoQ. And guess what, it probably does matter for the matchmaker if there is a duoQ on the enemy team (when you soloQ). But it also probably does not matter if there will be two. So the matchmaker gives you credit for soloQing against one premade, but not more for playing against two.

That is what we could see in the code, might be wrong, probably isn't. But as I said in some other thread, I doubt we will ever get official details.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:start duoing yourself lol. not an elegant solution but its something you can do right away to tilt things slightly more in your favor.

THAT is the issue though, you should NOT be forced to duoQ up to be at "fair" competitive stand. I should not have to get someone I know get a second account, lose games on purpose to lower their MMR and then queue up with them for the easy wins and queue times. Playing the system should not be rewarded.

Easy answer:When they had team queues, they had a match maker that took into account the teams, and would restrict the matches so that teams didn't outmatch solos by too much.They got rid of team queues, so they didn't need that algorythm. They also kept the shitty balance, and allowed toxic behaviour to thrive, now they can't do anything about it, because there's just not enough players to have a healthy matchmaker.But hey, everything is alright, i mean the guy in charge of PvP survived the lay off, so he must be doing a good job, right?

@Fortus.6175 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:start duoing yourself lol. not an elegant solution but its something you can do right away to tilt things slightly more in your favor.

THAT is the issue though, you should NOT be forced to duoQ up to be at "fair" competitive stand. I should not have to get someone I know get a second account, lose games on purpose to lower their MMR and then queue up with them for the easy wins and queue times. Playing the system should not be rewarded.

uh all I said was to duoQ as well. you don't have to wintrade if you don't want to, unless you want to get into top (insert # here). otherwise yeah being forced to duoQ to be competitive isn't a great solution, but like I said, it is one that you can do.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:start duoing yourself lol. not an elegant solution but its something you can do right away to tilt things slightly more in your favor.

uh all I said was to duoQ as well. you don't have to wintrade if you don't want to, unless you want to get into top (insert # here). otherwise yeah being forced to duoQ to be competitive isn't a great solution, but like I said, it is one that you can do.

I didnt say anything about wintrading though. All I said was playing the system, by having someone to play with which is decent and they being on a artificially deflated MMR account (aka alts).

Win trading is when you queue up with another premade, and wait until queue pops up, then if one of the premade have a different queue pop up than the other, then one of the alts cancels the queue, and the party that still hasnt had their queue pop up cancels their queue as well. While the dishonor wears off, they go on either another alt, or their main, and they try queueing up again. If they have the queue pop at the same time, they are either put in the same team, or opposite. If on opposite, then one of the party "gives up" by feeding or afking or playing extremely suboptimal but not in any way that can be punished or be easily recognized (this win trading). If they fall in the same team (like my screenshot) then just proceed to steamroll the other people since in order for the matchmaking to "balance" out the dude in the party with "low MMR", they put low MMR people on the team opposite to the parties. Again, thats playing (abusing) the system, not win-trading.

I agree. And I'm so sad I spent all this time learning this game and not LOL or some game actually built for this format. Half of me is upset at Anet, the other half is upset with myself for being such a chump. The weird thing is it didn't really much matter until I got somewhat competent. Once you know what is actually going on you can see what a disaster the whole thing is. But you have to put in the time to see the man behind the curtain, and that is the cruel joke.

They introduced duoQ to try to please both soloQ and TeamQ people.But at the end, it doesn't please soloQ and TeamQ people, none of them.

As it was suggested, the best option would be a 2 separate ladder, a full soloQ and a full TeamQ. But it would need some time and resssources and Anet prefer to spend them in pve.

@Delweyn.1309 said:They introduced duoQ to try to please both soloQ and TeamQ people.But at the end, it doesn't please soloQ and TeamQ people, none of them.

As it was suggested, the best option would be a 2 separate ladder, a full soloQ and a full TeamQ. But it would need some time and resssources and Anet prefer to spend them in pve.

The teamQ is already there, the tournaments. Unranked is the one that should be DynamicQ, for all of those people who want to play PvP with their friends. Ranked should be the one with equal rules for everyone.

@Delweyn.1309 said:They introduced duoQ to try to please both soloQ and TeamQ people.But at the end, it doesn't please soloQ and TeamQ people, none of them.

Nah, the time and resources wouldn't be that great, since they had those in place before... It's just reviving old code, in fact it might be very much possible that they just need to change one keyword in the whole code to make that happen.The problem is, that the PvP has been allowed to fester and rot since 2016, this led to most pvp players just quitting, and right now the matchmaking algorythm is struggling with duo queues. Imagine how badly it would work if there were two separate queues.

PvP is dead, it has been led past the point of no return. And, not trying to be mean or anything, personally it stung seeing guys like the creator of SAB and most of the best jumping puzzles get laid off, while the guy that has been mismanaging PvP for these years, the guy that told me in this forum, in one of those forum "AMAs" that he didn't think Team Queue was competitive, in a team game, based around capturing points and team strategy, not a Deathmatch, but map movement and organization, that guy was left to keep steering PvP into the abyss.> @Fortus.6175 said:

The teamQ is already there, the tournaments. Unranked is the one that should be DynamicQ, for all of those people who want to play PvP with their friends. Ranked should be the one with equal rules for everyone.

Tournaments are not a replacement for Team Queue, they're time-constricted single elimination tournaments, they don't replace a ladder system. And the fact that apparently the devs agree with you, just shows how competent they are!

As much as I loath DuoQ and how you can potentially manipulate MMR with it I think having it is a good sweet spot between both types of players. I think the viable solution{?} is to get more people playing PvP so you don't get dragged into matches where the other team gets most of the mechanically skilled players. We need more people playing like R1-10 spread across both teams. I mean even if DuoQ were to go you'd still need mechanically sound players on your team to win. And honestly some of this team stacking seems to product of the matchmaker trying to balance professions across teams - which has been freaking great - But I'm hypothesizing on that. Scared that if DuoQ were to go it would take a lot of potential matches with it.

I didn't want duo queue back, but I know a lot of people did... The solution to fighting duo queue isn't to duo queue yourself. Most people that duo queue aren't even that strong together and won't hold a candle to a strong duo queue. At least with solo queue the chances of 2 strong people being on the same team was low... I felt like it was more balanced in that aspect. "Fun wise" I get why people like playing with their friends. My thoughts now? Combine NA & EU PvP and create 2 separate leaderboards - one for duo queue & one for solo queue

lol

@Marxx.5021 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:As a community we cried about forced solo Q and voted to bring Duo Q back

All is vain

Only the try hards want duo queue to farm lower rated player.

Can't really write off over half of the population as all being tryhards. I doubt there's more than 25 players in GW2 PvP who are hitting the off-peak hour duo Q's, queue dodging, and playing noob-farmer classes who would be accurately considered tryhards. Over 50% thought duo queue was a good idea, so in a word, no. Casuals want to play with a friend too, and do.

@"mrauls.6519" said:I didn't want duo queue back, but I know a lot of people did... The solution to fighting duo queue isn't to duo queue yourself. Most people that duo queue aren't even that strong together and won't hold a candle to a strong duo queue. At least with solo queue the chances of 2 strong people being on the same team was low... I felt like it was more balanced in that aspect. "Fun wise" I get why people like playing with their friends. My thoughts now? Combine NA & EU PvP and create 2 separate leaderboards - one for duo queue & one for solo queue

lol

Server ping what?

I have a 75% win rate while solo quing so if you're having issues, it's your personal skill that's the issue.

I just want to point out that a majority of the people duo quing aren't even in voice chat. It's too much of a hassle. Sometimes, people just want to play and have fun with their friends. So, it's not a bad thing. In fact, nor is it right to force people to play alone in an online game. Furthermore, isolating, alienating, and punishing high rated players for being good at the game by taking away their ability to play with friends created one of the most TOXIC environments I've seen since release. That was a mistake and I sincerely hope it doesn't happen again.

You had a decent team. However, judging by the chat window, your soulbeast seemed to have given up before it even began (which probably didn't help).

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually enjoy quing into duos as a solo player because the matches are more entertaining. As long as my teammates don't give up and afk, I'm usually able to carry or force a close match.

Even solo quing into Helio + x duo is more than fine to me. Those matches definitely aren't unwinnable by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, people don't want to take responsibility for anything. If duo que was removed, people would (and have in the past) blame their losses on a single, high-rated player on the enemy team and cite "unfairness" as the issue. If people really had an issue with duo ques being unfair, they'd complain when they were on their team as well. However, they don't. And, since they blame others instead of themselves, they don't get better.