Gve us a tiny sneak-peek to new legendary GS >:3 please

phs.6089

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dodgerrule.8739 said:There are already 2 in fact they had three since release.

I think people aren’t realizing the fact that there’s also underwater legendarys.

Last in set would include underwater legendaries you know.

Generation 3 won’t start till end of next season atleast in my opinion

They've already stated that there will be no Gen 2 underwater legendaries. They also haven't made black lion skins for underwater weapons for a while now.

Greatsword is the only weapon (aside from underwater ones) to not have a Gen 2 legendary, ergo it will be in the next episode.

I get being annoying the greatsword has had three legendaries since the beginning, but Sunrise, Twilight, and Eternity are particle effect nightmare surfboards—a new one that has a different design can only be a good thing and players shouldn't be punished for a design choice made ~7 years ago because the devs at the time thought something was cool.

@dodgerrule.8739 said:I think people aren’t realizing the fact that there’s also underwater legendarys.

Last in set would include underwater legendaries you know.

Generation 3 won’t start till end of next season atleast in my opinionIdeally you would be right about underwater but they originally said they would not be including underwater legendaries in the set, and that was when they thought they'd be shipping a full set in a timely fashion during the relevant expansion. Then they had to just stop for a bit, then they resumed but without the journeys, and even then they only managed one per LS episode. Then they got severely downsized. They never promised underwater ones and they have fewer resources to work on them now, so if they deliver any such it will be a very nice surprise but there should be no expectation it will actually happen.

As to a Gen 3, there has been zero hint from them that such a thing might happen. Again, nice surprise if it does, not a good idea to expect it (and then possibly get angry at them for not doing it even though they never promised it at all).

In fact I'd hope they didn't add in underwater ones just yet. After all there's a lot of player hope (and a lot of dismay, depends on who loves/hates underwater combat) that there will be a major story push to deal with Selbbub, and that would be the time to offer underwater legendaries, possibly even new underwater weapons entirely. If they add onto the spear/trident/speargun trio and add legendaries to that, probably a lot of people will be glad they didn't sink resources into the current ones.

As to the greatsword, I'm looking forward to it. If it's not a joke to wield, I may be tempted ... not that I've fully made any legendary other than HOPE but there are a few I really like and might push towards at some point. Once the GS is released, I'll know all the options expected to be available and can work towards the one I like most.

@phs.6089 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I have been wondering for months now: where did you guys get the information that a new legendary GS is coming in the first place?

There isn't anything left but GS. There would be no more aqua weapons, they said.

Okay, but that still doesn't explain why you think there will be another legendary to begin with.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I have been wondering for months now: where did you guys get the information that a new legendary GS is coming in the first place?

There isn't anything left but GS. There would be no more aqua weapons, they said.

Okay, but that still doesn't explain why you think there will be another legendary to begin with.

They gotta finish gen 2,2.5 with last episode?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@phs.6089 said:

The precedent of 10 Living World episodes, without any break? Statements that they'll keep introducing Legendaries with LW episodes? For 100% honesty, I can't remember if they said something like "until the set is done" or if they just said they would keep on.

The only deviation since they resumed production of legendaries is that ep 3.6 dropped two weapons and a trinket...

With only one weapon left in the originally promised gen 2, I find this out-of-the-blue questioning (both you and Dami above) perplexing...As I said above, if we'd gotten a real, full, trailer and that didn't even hint about a greatsword, then I could understand doubting.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@phs.6089 said:

The precedent of 10 Living World episodes, without
any
break? Statements that they'll keep introducing Legendaries with LW episodes? For 100% honesty, I can't remember if they said something like "until the set is done" or if they just said they would keep on.

The only deviation since they resumed production of legendaries is that ep 3.6 dropped
two
weapons and a trinket...

With only one weapon left in the originally promised gen 2, I find this out-of-the-blue questioning (both you and Dami above) perplexing...As I said above, if we'd gotten a real, full, trailer and that didn't even
hint
about a greatsword,
then
I could understand doubting.

It's also fitting to have the new legendary greatsword—arguably the legendary type that tops the popularity chart—be in the final episode of LW4. It caps off both the story and the gen 2 legendaries. Not releasing it means starting LW5 with a random gen 2 legendary and possibly messing up their rhythm of whatever they're planning on replacing legendaries with in future releases.

Plus the only break in gen 2's releases was when they literally did not have the resources to keep doing detailed world-wide quests, hence why when they resumed with Eureka, new legendaries were pure crafting.

Unless they explicitly state there will be no legendary release, it's strange to assume after all this time that they wouldn't release a legendary with this upcoming episode. Among other things, I can only imagine the blowback from the community if that happened, and Arenanet's run down their reserves of banked goodwill.

@SnowHawk.3615 said:I really hope it is NOT a paddle blade. Like an actual claymore style would be nice.all i need to get ready for a gen2 is tangled depths map completion which isn't as bad as mystic curios

My only fear is that it will be another pink/purple crystal looking blade, like the riftstalker and dragonsblood weapons they recently added.