Take AR out of infusion

ANet Ben wrote (in November 2017)emphasis is mineIn response to questions

: Will the Agony Impedance buff be increased further in the future please?
It'd be a fantastic long term goal to have account-wide agony, rather than just focusing on Ascended armour for every toon.
:
We were worried about the impact on ascended crafting if we have too much account AR.

As I recall, there's another comment by @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" that more directly addresses the question of why (a) ANet agrees that account bound AR is a good idea and yet (b) we won't be seeing it any time soon. I'll see if I can find that.

Full context

! > The idea behind mist attunement is to provide a very long term prestige reward for people who have been playing fractals for years. It's not intended to be an accessible reward, it's something that you work towards when you have nothing else to buy. The power boosts are there to make the augmentation feel rewarding and make long term fractalers feel more powerful, but the boosts are small enough that nobody in their right mind should require it based on the power. They may require the title as they do already for 100CM, but due to the cost they will be waiting in LFG for a very long time to get a full party. The encryption and relic boosts are there to help recoup the gold cost (which is very high) but even then it will take you a very very long time to break even, so you shouldn't be buying this for the increased rewards either. All those things are just icing on the cake, the real purpose is prestige.!! And in the same thread, ANet Ben also writes:! > Yeah the point is for the costs to be higher than the power gain, otherwise it's too much power creep. As I said the point is prestige not stats.!! > I wanted to include matrices and infusions so that you could spend your stockpiles, and to help raise the value of those things. Matrices were getting lower than we want, such that salvaging rings was becoming unprofitable.!! > ...This is what you buy when there is nothing else.!! > Fractals is the only mode with more vertical progression, and that's by design. ... You are free to disagree with it as a design decision, but that's how things are now.!!!! ****! In response to questions! >> Q: Will the Agony Impedance buff be increased further in the future please? It'd be a fantastic long term goal to have account-wide agony, rather than just focusing on Ascended armour for every toon.! > A: We were worried about the impact on ascended crafting if we have too much account AR. So maybe?!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"Safandula.8723" said:Would bee nice, but what about ppl that spent 2k on +5+9 infusions?

I'm far beyond 2k honestly, more than 10k maybe and I know a bunch of ppl that were more min-maxing than me. Not even taking into account people from speed run & fractal guilds.

just another dude wanting to swipe his plastic card once, and have all he need from the gemstore

there comes such a thread every 2 days, if not for legendary armor then for something else you have to work for

inbefore next thread is "i want full hellfire skins, but don't want to play for 6 years and do all achievements add skins to gemstore"

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Safandula.8723" said:Would bee nice, but what about ppl that spent 2k on +5+9 infusions?

I'm far beyond 2k honestly, more than 10k maybe and I know a bunch of ppl that were more min-maxing than me. Not even taking into account people from speed run & fractal guilds.

just another dude wanting to swipe his plastic card once, and have all he need from the gemstore

there comes such a thread every 2 days, if not for legendary armor then for something else you have to work for

inbefore next thread is "i want full hellfire skins, but don't want to play for 6 years and do all achievements add skins to gemstore"

I still disagree to legendary armor because for as a vet raider there's no reason to deny a convenient item to others. An open world PvE armor - of course a long-term variant, different skin with gold & time sink comparable or even slightly bigger than the raid armor - would keep the majority of the player base further anchored to the game.Additionally they wouldn't feel excluded like they are now - PvP & WvW is a bad compensation for them because hey, they don't even do PvE raids why would they join game modes that are completely detached from PvE.Of course real time money advantages should be denied so that buying gold wouldn't hand out the armor. I support journeys in a bigger scale like for the first HoT weapons. And again, as someone with all 3 armors + huge amount of extra LIs I couldn't care less about others having a leggy armor nowadays. Keep the raid skin exclusive to raids and we are good to go. I mean no raider feels superior over others because he has the armor and if so those people need a psychiatrist. People don't even show up in the skin or post them in the chat regularly. There's really no reason to not implement those more connected to the majority especially when we have the raid armor for such a long time now.If you make the acquisition in the open world fair balanced towards the raid, PvP & WvW armor the only argument which is left: "I don't want you to have good things." which isn't an argument or only a very pitiful one.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:/Armor

Make AR account bound only and make infusions cosmetic effects only

Sell ur infusion in the gem store besides the ones fpdrop from game win win.

As a game designer ask urself is it fun to put AR on Armor or plus 1% dmg vs guards it’s just plain boring and once u have the AR on ur Armor it just sits there and the
vertical progression is over.

Big loss of opportunity so get rid of it thank uDouble standards much?You complain about existing vertical progression ending while in the same voice asking it to be removed?Good argument!"Fish is bad for you, it has mercury! We need to eat more fish!" Pretty much your post.

reading deficincy much ?

I said very clear remove character bound AR make it account bound I never said vertical progression is bad

Fish eat all alone is bad share the fish and make the fish more shiny instead

here hope now u get it

But that's the thing, make it account bound instantly removes that progression, because you do it once and it's done, at least now, even though not mandatory, you're more likely to progress once per character.Basically, your whole argument is disingenuous, what you want to say is that you don't care about progression, you just don't want to do it more than once.And that's what i was criticizing, your double standard that makes your actual intent very transparent.

What Vince and IWN said basically.

The system is flawed, but after over 6 years, and multiple reworks, it would be a very difficult balancing act to change.

For what benefit exactly? So people can skip some minor gold cost on further characters? Something which can already be mitigated mostly by potions, singularities and buying AR strait off the TP?

To have people in rares be able to enter T4? The only people benefitting from this change would be the group which just got a character geared but does not want to gear more characters, yet wants to play them. A very tiny subgroup I'd say. Fully new players are unaffected positively, neithet are fractal veterans.

I absolutely do not see the value in changing the system in this way.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

I still disagree to legendary armor because for as a vet raider there's no reason to deny a convenient item to others. An open world PvE armor - of course a long-term variant, different skin with gold & time sink comparable or even slightly bigger than the raid armor - would keep the majority of the player base further anchored to the game.Additionally they wouldn't feel excluded like they are now - PvP & WvW is a bad compensation for them because hey, they don't even do PvE raids why would they join game modes that are completely detached from PvE.Of course real time money advantages should be denied so that buying gold wouldn't hand out the armor. I support journeys in a bigger scale like for the first HoT weapons. And again, as someone with all 3 armors + huge amount of extra LIs I couldn't care less about others having a leggy armor nowadays. Keep the raid skin exclusive to raids and we are good to go. I mean no raider feels superior over others because he has the armor and if so those people need a psychiatrist. People don't even show up in the skin or post them in the chat regularly. There's really no reason to not implement those more connected to the majority especially when we have the raid armor for such a long time now.

not denying anything to anyone.you want something, you work for it hasn't this been allways the case?

you want fractal legendary backpack? u work for itu want wvw legendary backpack? u work for itu want ascended rings? u do the living season 3we could give evereything to everyone then you will have posts every week "we need more content/things to do" well gee how would that come if u simplify every long-term goal

IF fractal legendary gear becomes a thing, don't you fear the cost will be on par with fractal goddess title? the full set that is?not realistic, for a very large part of the fractal playerbase

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

As a game designer ask urself is it fun to put AR on Armor or plus 1% dmg vs guards it’s just plain boring and once u have the AR on ur Armor it just sits there and the

Big loss of opportunity so get rid of it thank uDouble standards much?You complain about existing vertical progression ending while in the same voice asking it to be removed?Good argument!"Fish is bad for you, it has mercury! We need to eat more fish!" Pretty much your post.

reading deficincy much ?

I said very clear remove character bound AR make it account bound I never said vertical progression is bad

here hope now u get it

But that's the thing, make it account bound instantly removes that progression, because you do it once and it's done, at least now, even though not mandatory, you're more likely to progress once per character.Basically, your whole argument is disingenuous, what you want to say is that you don't care about progression, you just don't want to do it more than once.And that's what i was criticizing, your double standard that makes your actual intent very transparent.

So u agree magic find should be soul bound ? Let’s test ur double standards

@"melandru.3876" said:you want fractal legendary backpack? u work for itu want wvw legendary backpack? u work for itu want ascended rings? u do the living season 3we could give evereything to everyone then you will have posts every week "we need more content/things to do" well gee how would that come if u simplify every long-term goal

There are several arguments against "work":

1. It's a video game.
  2. Acquiring the legendary fractal backpack is a joke compared to the armor especially in terms of gold.
  3. Even acquiring the legendary fractal backpack is hard for non-grouping or very unskilled players which is no drama since GW2 was announced to not be the standard MMO.
  4. Raiding needs 10 ppl (if you are new) which is even harder to achieve compared to the other stuff
  5. and the most important point:I said logging into the game shouldn't hand out the armor. Just have a proper look at Nevermore as a comparison. Take this as a starting point and then adjust a long-term, varying journey with gazillions of tasks ("Kill Fire Elemental at Night, hunt down 25 Vet Hydras in PoF maps, do xx JPs of your choice and so on).If done right that's "work" too even if it's on a different difficulty level and therefore it would last longer than the raid stuff for example. It would surely be a thing no beginner would like to start with once entering the game more like the real end game for open world. Plus I know that even most of the raiders and fractal players would go on a hunt for such an armor although they prefer raiding/fractals. It's only a very tiny minority who just logs in for raiding/fractaling all day long.

@Balsa.3951 said:So u agree magic find should be soul bound ? Let’s test ur double standards

Tbh Magic Find is a meme in this game. You cannot seriously compare that to AR.

@Balsa.3951 said:

reading deficincy much ?

here hope now u get it

Oh, false equivalences, i love those! But i'll bite:I never had a issue with soul bound magic find, but it works much better as it is now, and i'll explain why, and why, again you're being disingenuous:First, the problem with magic find as it was released, was that it was tied to specific Stat sets, not a tertiary slot on gear. For you to have magic find with the old system, you'd need to sacrifice your build choices to incorporate that, while with infusions, you don't, in fact, you can improve your stat choices with infusions. So basically, it's the opposite of the magic find system.Second, the progression with magic find is completely different, as is the objective. Magic find is something that is "nice to have", but only causes a slight improvement to your game play, so it's progression can be made intentionally slow (which it is, i haven't maxed mine, and never felt the need to actively do so). Basically luck and magic find don't need to be maxed to enjoy any content, and you can have it at middling tiers without any adverse effects to your gameplay.Agony Resistance, on the other hand NEEDS to be maxed (150) to enjoy specific content. The whole purpose of it was to introduce progression and gating into fractals, so it can't be worked in the same way as Magic Find.So yeah, thanks for proving me right, in that your arguments are disingenuous and trying to appeal to emotion and ignorance, instead of fact. Hey, you should go into politics!

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"melandru.3876" said:you want fractal legendary backpack? u work for itu want wvw legendary backpack? u work for itu want ascended rings? u do the living season 3we could give evereything to everyone then you will have posts every week "we need more content/things to do" well gee how would that come if u simplify every long-term goal

1. It's a video game.
  2. Acquiring the legendary fractal backpack is a joke compared to the armor especially in terms of gold.
  3. Even acquiring the legendary fractal backpack is hard for non-grouping or very unskilled players which is no drama since GW2 was announced to
    not be
    the standard MMO.
  4. Raiding needs 10 ppl (if you are new) which is even harder to achieve compared to the other stuff
  5. and the most important point:
    I said logging into the game shouldn't hand out the armor.
    Just have a proper look at Nevermore as a comparison. Take this as a starting point and then adjust a long-term, varying journey with gazillions of tasks ("Kill Fire Elemental at Night, hunt down 25 Vet Hydras in PoF maps, do xx JPs of your choice and so on).If done right that's "work" too even if it's on a different difficulty level and therefore it would last longer than the raid stuff for example. It would surely be a thing no beginner would like to start with once entering the game more like the real end game for open world. Plus I know that even most of the raiders and fractal players would go on a hunt for such an armor although they prefer raiding/fractals. It's only a very tiny minority who just logs in for raiding/fractaling all day long.

@"Balsa.3951" said:So u agree magic find should be soul bound ? Let’s test ur double standards

don't pretend you don't understand what i mean with work

do i really have to to type :"if you want something in the game play the game in a fun-way and achieve your goal as the game was intended to"

grind/farm/work/play/ all the samethe game gives you the option to do tasks, you have the option to do them

is it needed? nois it rewarding? yes

can i have rewards, while i do nothing? yes, but not the reward that you want

@"melandru.3876" said:don't pretend you don't understand what i mean with work

do i really have to to type :"if you want something in the game play the game in a fun-way and achieve your goal as the game was intended to"

grind/farm/work/play/ all the samethe game gives you the option to do tasks, you have the option to do them

See, and this is a design flaw for the overall majority as we all know that us, people that do raids, are definitely not more than 10% of the GW2 population (my estimation now is way below 5% after the recent developments). And if the majority doesn't fall under this: "if you want something in the game play the game in a fun-way and achieve your goal as the game was intended to" as you are saying then there is a problem that can't be disregarded. I don't have to tell you as a hardcore solo player that all these problems do not exist for you. You can solo fractals, I'm sure you did low-manning raids like I did (and if not you would easily be able to) so JPs, world bosses and other PvE stuff won't be a hurdle for you (except for dying of boredom ^^). Emma & Pete from next door do not share that due to various reasons. And since legendary armor still is and neither ever was some heavy prestigious item in the game but a heavy convenient one it's just logical to make it affordable for a broader spectrum if not the broadest audience in the game. We only have to look at the real interesting stuff in GW2 which are chak egg sacs & several infusions. There's a reason why it is called Fashion Wars 2 and not Legendary Wars.And again, since you repeated it: I've never said players should be rewarded for doing nothing (read my example again). People like you should really stop comparing things 1:1 when it comes to playing video games. It would also be doing something if I killed level 2 mobs in Queensdale over and over again for seven years.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@melandru.3876 said:you want fractal legendary backpack? u work for itu want wvw legendary backpack? u work for itu want ascended rings? u do the living season 3we could give evereything to everyone then you will have posts every week "we need more content/things to do" well gee how would that come if u simplify every long-term goal

1. It's a video game.
  3. Even acquiring the legendary fractal backpack is hard for non-grouping or very unskilled players which is no drama since GW2 was announced to
    not be
    the standard MMO.
  5. and the most important point:
    I said logging into the game shouldn't hand out the armor.
    Just have a proper look at Nevermore as a comparison. Take this as a starting point and then adjust a long-term, varying journey with gazillions of tasks ("Kill Fire Elemental at Night, hunt down 25 Vet Hydras in PoF maps, do xx JPs of your choice and so on).If done right that's "work" too even if it's on a different difficulty level and therefore it would last longer than the raid stuff for example. It would surely be a thing no beginner would like to start with once entering the game more like the real end game for open world. Plus I know that even most of the raiders and fractal players would go on a hunt for such an armor although they prefer raiding/fractals. It's only a very tiny minority who just logs in for raiding/fractaling all day long.

@"Balsa.3951" said:So u agree magic find should be soul bound ? Let’s test ur double standards

don't pretend you don't understand what i mean with work

See, and this is a design flaw for the overall majority as we all know that us, people that do raids, are definitely not more than 10% of the GW2 population. And if the majority doesn't fall under this: "if you want something in the game play the game in a fun-way and achieve your goal as the game was intended to" as you are saying then there is a problem that can't be disregarded. I don't have to tell you as a hardcore solo player that all these problems do not exist for you. You can solo fractals, I'm sure you did low-manning raids like I did (and if not you would easily be able to) so JPs, world bosses and other PvE stuff won't be a hurdle for you (except for dying of boredom ^^). Emma & Pete from next door do not share that due to various reasons. And since legendary armor still is and neither ever was some heavy prestigious item in the game but a heavy convenient one it's just logical to make it affordable for a broader spectrum if not the broadest audience in the game. We only have to look at the real interesting stuff in GW2 which are chak egg sacs & several infusions. There's a reason why it is called Fashion Wars 2 and not Legendary Wars.And again, since you repeated it: I've never said players should be rewarded for doing nothing (read my example again). People like you should really stop comparing things 1:1 when it comes to playing video games. It would also be doing something if I killed level 2 mobs in Queensdale over and over again for seven years.

and regarding legendary weapons, i have plentyi of them including nevermore and astralaria

i absolutly "hate" jumping puzzls, astralaria made me do alot of them, at night timesit's not something i enjoy, but i wore my big-girl pants and did them,i because it was a goal i set for myself

other option was to come to the forum and ask the developpers why i can't buy astralaria from tp, because i could buy other legendaries

@"melandru.3876" said:

and regarding legendary weapons, i have plentyi of them including nevermore and astralaria

i absolutly "hate" jumping puzzls, astralaria made me do alot of them, at night timesit's not something i enjoy, but i wore my big-girl pants and did them,i because it was a goal i set for myself

other option was to come to the forum and ask the developpers why i can't buy astralaria from tp, because i could buy other legendaries

Well, and here is the thing: Acquiring legendary weapons is doable for everyone even if they "hate" things. Raid armor is not - mostly due to skill differences & time commitment - neither is PvP/WvW since both have to be acquired from a completely different game mode.

I'm still not understanding why you bring in the "buying thing" since I already explained that Anet can and showed it in the past they are able to make things like HoT journeys as well as little stuff like the actual 3 rift weapons you can't buy directly from the TP.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"melandru.3876" said:

Well, and here is the thing: Acquiring legendary weapons is doable for everyone even if they "hate" things. Raid armor is not - mostly due to skill differences & time commitment - neither is PvP/WvW since both have to be acquired from a completely different game mode.

you take it out of contect. i sucked it up, and did the task the game has pointed out for mei did not ask for a new path because this and that

wvw can be done alone, pvp can be done alone

but here lol

@"Balsa.3951" said:I would add Legendary Weapons to it as well without special skins but swap able statshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/73110/legendary-fractal-armor#latest

why not add everything in 1 game mode?weapons, armor, jewerly, infusions (auras, because no ar remember)

a joke, and that's my last reply

@melandru.3876 said:you take it out of contect. i sucked it up, and did the task the game has pointed out for mei did not ask for a new path because this and that

Yes, because you have a different attitude than other people. In short: priorities. I also made myself doing stuff in the game I really hate and I've also regretted some things because I wasted time of my life for it. More in the past but nowadays I don't do it any longer due to rl stuff like work. On the other side there is this juicy red moto infusion I'd like to get but I get into a furious rage mode playing SAB tribulation mode so I leave that out. Sadly.

wvw can be done alone, pvp can be done alone

Although I made huge efforts in the game as I said above I'd never set a foot into both modes than absolutely necessary. PvP is toxic sh_t and WvW has 0 amount of fun for me. It's worse than every other PvE stuff and I know I'm not alone with this regarding the PvE player base.

The fun part of this debate is: You and I, both of us wouldn't have any disadvantage of a PvE armor I suggested. It wouldn't write down our leggy raid armor in value because I already mentioned no one cares about me having the armor in game in terms of a prestigious item even if I wear the skin or spam post them in the chat.It is far more concerning that many people having left/leaving the game due to design flaws in this case - and yes, Anet lost a lot of people when introducing raids and its exclusive armor. On the other hand there's no one who would flee asap if Anet implements the above mentioned structure for an additional PvE armor. If there are a few GW2 can easily get over them.

How many people enjoy getting +5 stats/9 AR? Its bad design. If you want a condi, healing, power, concentration infusion its a real chore. Then to pay to remove them off your armor just to juggle them between your heavy, medium and light ascended armors is icing on top. Balance patches and new metas can swing the direction desirable stats.

Now if you just buy AR only without the stats then its much less of headache. Then those players complain about people not using food, hey your missing your plus +5 stat infusions gtfo lol

@Cyninja.2954 said:What Vince and IWN said basically.

The system is flawed, but after over 6 years, and multiple reworks, it would be a very difficult balancing act to change.

For what benefit exactly? So people can skip some minor gold cost on further characters? Something which can already be mitigated mostly by potions, singularities and buying AR strait off the TP?

To have people in rares be able to enter T4? The only people benefitting from this change would be the group which just got a character geared but does not want to gear more characters, yet wants to play them. A very tiny subgroup I'd say. Fully new players are unaffected positively, neithet are fractal veterans.

I absolutely do not see the value in changing the system in this way.

The value would be an simplified system with more flexibility for players to enjoy a certain game mode.

Another would be AR would keep its value long after you finished gearing up your characters because it becomes a currency to buy Auras.

It would attract non dungeon runners to try the game mode for the sake of fashion wars.

It would free up infusion slots for wvw in case anet doesn’t want take that issue as well.

That’s just a few out of my head I’m not a fan of saying we have something so long time change is impossible, we also had no ability to sit on chairs and anets developers said it’s because the game engine.

Now we can do

I’m pretty sure anet can overhaul this system as well and players will be happy if they can use not needed AR to buy something else even so I know most people here are afraid of change

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

reading deficincy much ?

here hope now u get it

Oh, false equivalences, i love those! But i'll bite:I never had a issue with soul bound magic find, but it works much better as it is now, and i'll explain why, and why, again you're being disingenuous:First, the problem with magic find as it was released, was that it was tied to specific Stat sets, not a tertiary slot on gear. For you to have magic find with the old system, you'd need to sacrifice your build choices to incorporate that, while with infusions, you don't, in fact, you can improve your stat choices with infusions. So basically, it's the opposite of the magic find system.Second, the progression with magic find is completely different, as is the objective. Magic find is something that is "nice to have", but only causes a slight improvement to your game play, so it's progression can be made intentionally slow (which it is, i haven't maxed mine, and never felt the need to actively do so). Basically luck and magic find don't need to be maxed to enjoy any content, and you can have it at middling tiers without any adverse effects to your gameplay.Agony Resistance, on the other hand NEEDS to be maxed (150) to enjoy specific content. The whole purpose of it was to introduce progression and gating into fractals, so it can't be worked in the same way as Magic Find.So yeah, thanks for proving me right, in that your arguments are disingenuous and trying to appeal to emotion and ignorance, instead of fact. Hey, you should go into politics!

Was thinking u bring me the hammer now but that’s just falls flat

Ar is also a compromise in stats if u play WVW 20 % dmg lost to guards solved that for u

Ur other point is not even worth to answer who cares how different u acquire something is the effect is the same.

Next time bite harder that was just lol

And good that u brought that up I already forgot about magic find was ones gear bind. All those poor souls who lost their investment in magic find gear. Why not be upset for them now ?

I’m pretty sure everyone enjoys the new mf system.

Also mf is small ? I was bag farming with triple magic find of a friend I got almost a third more bags them him in the same amount of time. If magic find was so tiny why did anet changed how mf and unidentifiable gear works ? Why is there a treat right now on the forum where someone complain about the huge nerf anet did to unidentifiable gear mf?

@Trinnitty.8256 said:

How many people enjoy getting +5 stats/9 AR? Its bad design. If you want a condi, healing, power, concentration infusion its a real chore. Then to pay to remove them off your armor just to juggle them between your heavy, medium and light ascended armors is icing on top. Balance patches and new metas can swing the direction desirable stats.

Now if you just buy AR only without the stats then its much less of headache. Then those players complain about people not using food, hey your missing your plus +5 stat infusions gtfo lol

That’s the other bad idea from anet to put stats on infusions. It went very much against their non vertical progression idea which they still advertising.

I was made to please the gear grinder that’s how we got acendend gear as well.

With all the power creep atm anet May rethink that as well

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

reading deficincy much ?

here hope now u get it

AR is not a fun progression do u enjoy ur AR ? It’s just some grind wall like before u can enter a raid u need collect 250 gemstones per character. Yes it’s a progress but not a fun one.

Collecting different skins in game and wearing them when ever u like that’s a fun progression

There is no one who looks at his AR and is like wow that’s so cool

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:why u get unhappy when u suddenly have all ur chars max AR capped and the unused AR u can sell or use to buy shiny Auras ? what did u lost ?

Hundreds/Thousands of hours fractaling and therfore grinding AR + gold to get my chars to 150+ AR & some with +5 +9.

The suggestion you made is not going to happen Anet already addressed that. They are not really happy with the AR system and would have implemented in a different way but they are aware of an excessive amount of players have been investing time and gold to min-max their gear on several chars. The problem wouldn't be the implementation itself but the huge sum of refund that would destroy the market heavily.It would only make sense if players don't get compensated (much) leading to a massive skrittstorm of the already existing fractal player base which is bigger than the amount of newer players getting into this game mode.Additionally the gold cost for newer players isn't that big after having the first 150 AR. You are ready to play T4s then and the extensive amount of gold and +1 infusions you get on a daily basis (roughly 1 x +9 per day!) is more than adequate to equip the next char very fast (= 17 days). They shouldn't really give way to a minority who wants more and more and more. I mean even if you equip all your chars with 150 AR there will be a time when you can use the extra gold for legendaries. It's just a matter of priorities.

So ur main point against it is. I have other don’t I want be the best got it.

I wrote about 4 times already u can sell unused AR to get shiny infusion. So ur thousands of gold become shiny aura effects but u now have AR capped on all ur chars. Or when selling at the TP with the spiking demand because many ppl want the currency for shiny auras ur thousands of gold would triple in value.

It feels more u are against the idea other have AR capped for multiple chars as well.

@Balsa.3951 said:I wrote about 4 times already u can sell unused AR to get shiny infusion.That's a common misconception about game economics.

If ANet made AR account bound the way you have outlined, unused AR would be worth nothing. The entire reason why AR+9 is still worth 7 gold today (compared to 40 gold in 2015) is that it's character bound. Unless ANet spends the time to figure out new sinks (a) every Fractal veterans investment in AR is lost and (b) rewards for completing fractals drop as well.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:I wrote about 4 times already u can sell unused AR to get shiny infusion.That's a common misconception about game economics.

If ANet made AR account bound the way you have outlined, unused AR would be worth nothing. The entire reason why AR+9 is still worth 7 gold today (compared to 40 gold in 2015) is that it's character bound. Unless ANet spends the time to figure out new sinks (a) every Fractal veterans investment in AR is lost and (b) rewards for completing fractals drop as well.

I said u consume ar and its account bound the one u don’t consume stays the same ...

Hope that helps

@Balsa.3951 said:

I said u consume ar and its account bound the one u don’t consume stays the same ...

Hope that helps

I exposes the continued misunderstanding of the consequences of making AR account bound. Take a veteran with one of each profession equipped with AR 125, ignoring those who overcap (for stats), to keep things simple. That amounts to eighteen AR+7 on each of nine characters. That cost them approximately 275 gold to enjoy their workaround of account bound AR.

With you in charge of fractal rewards, each of veteran would use 1/9 of that to setup their new status and sell the remainder. The problem is: all of them would be selling that AR the same week (unless they were skritt out of luck and out of town that week). The supply would jump, while the demand would plummet... because no veteran would ever buy AR again and novices need only buy it once. So instead of having 245 gold to spend on shinies, they'd have closer to 5-10 gold, not even enough for ascended gear.

Worse, all the AR that currently drops from fractals would be worth the same as Mini Professor Mews, meaning that fractals would become less rewarding.

tl;dr If ANet made AR account bound the way you have outlined, unused AR would be worth nothing.Hope that helps you.