Legendary Fractal Armor

@zealex.9410 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:My reason why i dont want legendary armor from fractals is that it is another step in making the game easier.The difficulty of fractals wouldn't change if Anet decided to make a legendary armor set for that content.

If this goes on i will leave because it will be too easy to enjoy when you get everything for freeNoone's talking about giving anyone anything for free. Well, apart from you of course.And armor from fractals would be no more (or less) free than the one from raids is.

If you get something by just playing what you want it is not rewarding

I'm not asking for reward, I'm asking for convenient items. QoL.Again PvPer beg to differ, there are lots of sPvP players never step foot in WvW and vice versa.Why this double standard applies to PVE players?

You are asking to be rewarded with qol for playing what you want, how you want.

That would make this qol thingy not rewarding for other parts of the game.

Other parts of game have that QoL. Double standards are double standards, I have nothing more to say.I'll wait for the day, when fractals population will be like raiding 10% as toxic as sPvP and as chaotic as WvW, maybe that day fractals will get QoL.Or I won't, Ill be playing something else instead.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:My reason why i dont want legendary armor from fractals is that it is another step in making the game easier.The difficulty of fractals wouldn't change if Anet decided to make a legendary armor set for that content.

If this goes on i will leave because it will be too easy to enjoy when you get everything for freeNoone's talking about giving anyone anything for free. Well, apart from you of course.And armor from fractals would be no more (or less) free than the one from raids is.

I'm not asking for reward, I'm asking for convenient items. QoL.Again PvPer beg to differ, there are lots of sPvP players never step foot in WvW and vice versa.Why this double standard applies to PVE players?

Other parts of game have that QoL. Double standards are double standards, I have nothing more to say.I'll wait for the day, when fractals population will be like raiding 10% as toxic as sPvP and as chaotic as WvW, maybe that day fractals will get QoL.Or I won't, Ill be playing something else instead.

As much as I'm for an additional legendary PvE armor I'm really against the fact it should come to fractals (only). It was stated before: A huge part of the relevant player base is playing both so the armor still would be very exclusive to a small proportion.In addition the fractal player base has the same amount of toxicity and chaos as you mentioned for raids and WvW. It just depends on the groups you are joining but that also applies to raids.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

As much as I'm for an additional legendary PvE armor I'm really against the fact it should come to fractals (only). It was stated before: A huge part of the relevant player base is playing both so the armor still would be very exclusive to a small proportion.In addition the fractal player base has the same amount of toxicity and chaos as you mentioned for raids and WvW. It just depends on the groups you are joining but that also applies to raids.

Hell, that applies to ow as well.

@zealex.9410 said:

@phs.6089 said:

That would make this qol thingy not rewarding for other parts of the game.Currently it's raiders that are being rewarded with this QoL for playing what they want, how they want. In your words that would make this "qol thingy" not rewarding for other parts of the game already. And yet, i don't see raiders complaining about it, so i must assume they consider it to be perfectly fine.Well, if it's perfectly fine in this case, it will be perfectly fine in all other cases as well.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

If you get something by just playing what you want it is not rewardingYet raiders do get it by playing the content they want. And they apparently consider Legendary Armor to be rewarding enough, or they would not bother defending its exclusivity. You also seem fine with that mode of getting it, while also liking the content itself. So it seems that only getting it by playing content you think is not worthy of it is not rewarding, but if you do like the content, it's okay.

By the way, by your reasoning, we should place the legendary armor in a content you don't like to play, because only then it will be rewarding. So, i think... open world?

Right now you need openworld collections for raid legendary armor. I would never went there if i wasnt required to. Also i learned about raids from legendary armor collection and that was why i started raiding.Also fractals are much more rewarding then raids goldwise while raids provide quality of life rewards like legendary armor and white mantle portal device.If fractals get those rewards then i think it would be fair to get 10g for each raidboss so you get similar gold value in a week

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

That would make this qol thingy not rewarding for other parts of the game.Currently it's raiders that are being rewarded with this QoL for playing what they want, how they want. In your words that would make this "qol thingy" not rewarding for other parts of the game already. And yet, i don't see raiders complaining about it, so i must assume they consider it to be perfectly fine.Well, if it's perfectly fine in this case, it will be perfectly fine in all other cases as well.

Its fine because raids are not as proffitable as fractals or ow farm. Qol rewards compensate this fact.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

If you get something by just playing what you want it is not rewardingYet raiders do get it by playing the content they want. And they apparently consider Legendary Armor to be rewarding enough, or they would not bother defending its exclusivity. You also seem fine with that mode of getting it, while also liking the content itself. So it seems that only getting it by playing content you think is not worthy of it is not rewarding, but if you do like the content, it's okay.

By the way, by your reasoning, we should place the legendary armor in a content you don't like to play, because only then it will be rewarding. So, i think... open world?

Right now you need openworld collections for raid legendary armor. I would never went there if i wasnt required to. Also i learned about raids from legendary armor collection and that was why i started raiding.Also fractals are much more rewarding then raids goldwise while raids provide quality of life rewards like legendary armor and white mantle portal device.If fractals get those rewards then i think it would be fair to get 10g for each raidboss so you get similar gold value in a week

By that logic one could also demand to get the same amount from doing Fractals just once a week like they do from Raids.It doesn't really make sense to compare daily content with weekly content in terms of rewards earned per week.

Not that I would mind Raid rewards being increased slightly, although 10g seems way too much.

@Asum.4960 said:

By that logic one could also demand to get the same amount from doing Fractals just once a week like they do from Raids.It doesn't really make sense to compare daily content with weekly content in terms of rewards earned per week.

Not that I would mind Raid rewards being increased slightly, although 10g seems way too much.

10g per boss is still less gold per week then doing fractals. How many minutes do you need to complete t4+recomended? 45 minutes? So its 5 hours and 15 minutes weekly. You FC faster but you can also do fractals faster

10g per boss is still less gold per week then doing fractals. How many minutes do you need to complete t4+recomended? 45 minutes? So its 5 hours and 15 minutes weekly. You FC faster but you can also do fractals faster

10g per boss, plus the exotics you get as well as Call of the Mists doubling Gold gain for a wing seems like it would be a lot more Gold each week than what I typically get from doing CM's + T4 + recs every day In a week, for less effort, condensed into one play session, instead of 7.And making a good 300g in 2-3 hours seems a bit extreme.

In general I get the feeling Raids is the only content you enjoy or care about, and you just want exclusivity or mass rewards for content you already like.To come back to the topic of legendary armor, as someone who plays all the modes be it Raids, Fractals, PvP and WvW at times, I still really don't see what the issue is with providing more options for people.Proclaiming people just want free armor from other places when implementation and requirements haven't even been mentioned seems like a straw man as well.

I firmly believe Raids is good enough content on it's own without having to hold Legendary armor hostage for PvE players to be played.

@phs.6089 said:

Its fine because raids are not as proffitable as fractals or ow farm. Qol rewards compensate this fact.

Clearly not fine. sPvPs get much more gold (some get more then fractal runner) then WvWs ever will. So double standards again.Raids have own compensation, don't you think? 5/5 infusion, unique skins, unique gizmo, possibility to get ascended items as drop and direct buy with no crafting whatsoever etc.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Clearly not fine. sPvPs get much more gold (some get more then fractal runner) then WvWs ever will. So double standards again.Raids have own compensation, don't you think? 5/5 infusion, unique skins, unique gizmo, possibility to get ascended items as drop and direct buy with no crafting whatsoever etc.

Wvw has a mount i guess? Also, do raids give the infusions i thought u mostly got those from fractals again.

Most of the things u credit for raids aply to fractals but fractals are daily with a much bigger number of gold per week. Also raids dont have a back piece, fractals have a backpiece.

@zealex.9410 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Wvw has a mount i guess? Also, do raids give the infusions i thought u mostly got those from fractals again.

Most of the things u credit for raids aply to fractals but fractals are daily with a much bigger number of gold per week. Also raids dont have a back piece, fractals have a backpiece.

I'm not going to comment on wvw mount, lol that is ridiculous.yes raids have 5/5 infusion.If you not happy with gold from raids, you should be opening new topic.Check sPvP gold per week on season btw. Why not ask Anet to give same to raids.And yeah top tier PVPers get chest with legendary weapons on top of large sum of gold

Kinda i don't understand why pepole did start to compare Gold, if this thread theme is about Alternative Ways to get Legendary Armor from PvE content.Gold can be farmed from any game mode, and gold itself, at some point, will become insignificant.

Gold alone will not buy you any of Legendary stuff(weapons maybe), so i really don't understand why discussion turned into 'which game mode makes more gold'.Locking Legendary armor only in raids, doesn't work for all.Making a weekly limit of Skirmish Claim Tickets also will not work for all. Espiecially for low WvW ranks.

Like i mentioned before. I have my bank tab filled with all kind of ascended stuff from Fractals. I can make like 5 more characters and instantly gear them into ascended armors+weapons. Winterberry farm will do the rest. But i rather trade this all for some Legendary Armors.

I would be ok with fractal legendary armor If it either require some additional challanges in all T4 fractals including CMs or required high enough amount of pristine relics so it would be as long of a grind as the wvw one is.Interesting fact is that than it would be for only fraction of population as the rest legendary armors are

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Its fine because raids are not as proffitable as fractals or ow farm. Qol rewards compensate this fact.I'm not really supporting putting second PvE legendary armor in Fractals. Third maybe, but not second. Fractals are too similar to raids, and share most of the same problems - at this point we don't need another legendary armor for a niche content played by minority. As for SW being a good farm, it's not like SW is the only OW content - we don't need to put legendary armor collection there.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Its fine because raids are not as proffitable as fractals or ow farm. Qol rewards compensate this fact.I'm not really supporting putting second PvE legendary armor in Fractals. Third maybe, but not second. Fractals are too similar to raids, and share most of the same problems - at this point we don't need another legendary armor for a niche content played by minority. As for SW being a good farm, it's not like SW is the only OW content - we don't need to put legendary armor collection there.

This. I feel like rewards from both quite similar contents are balanced. Second pve legendary armor could come out from lws4 maybe? I think there will be something legendary there. Or maybe from guild missions + pof maps.

Raids are a tiny, limited and hard entry part of PVE. In fact, the smallest part of PVE, and by far.Having a RAID legendary armor is not having a PVE legendary armor, because the access to that armor is, and will continue being very limited. The RAID legendary armor will remain unreachable for the big majority of the PVE exclusive players. And I believe it's a good thing.

Regular PVE, casual PVE, open world PVE, fractal PVE, dungeon PVE, world boss PVE, farming PVE, Guild PVE, roleplaying PVE and ultimately every non-raid PVE don't have a way to get that armor (and I insist that they shouldn't have it). But at the same time, it would be a good idea to allow them to get a long term, big effort and high cost mode to acces ANOTHER, DIFFERENT armor set with the basic characteristics of the RAID legendary armor (stat and rune swapping), but without the "shiny" skin and without the legendary status.

I was think, why not? It is bad, like dungeon leg armor, but idea.Imagine, that this bad idea anyway comes, we should add that and no way back.So how if we have that road only few comments:1)anyway items to craft that can be accessed only for fractal gods,2)one(1) piece should coast:250kp from cm100 (if you like fractals - your should do dayli cm100)250 mystic coins (it shoudl not bee free)250 integrated matrix (relic + gold or dropped destroyed armors and rings)

• something more ..

You can ask why 250kp from cm100 .. So people who make fractals, main tops of then have now aprox 1000 .. so this is enough to make fist set in first day who a real fractal player.

So, we are basically picking the one content that most closely resembles raids as the first alternative route to acquiring legendary armor in PvE?Which means the idea is to neglect raids in favour of instanced content that is more to your liking? Interesting choice. Many would argue against it, though. With their idea of completely removing any need to take part in group content, let alone any remotely "challenging" content.Rather than, once again, picking content which already so closely resembles raids in the first place. Something they are going to hate almost as much as having to do raids. Would certainly be fun to see the drama.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:Raids are a tiny, limited and hard entry part of PVE. In fact, the smallest part of PVE, and by far.Having a RAID legendary armor is not having a PVE legendary armor, because the access to that armor is, and will continue being very limited. The RAID legendary armor will remain unreachable for the big majority of the PVE exclusive players. And I believe it's a good thing.

Regular PVE, casual PVE, open world PVE, fractal PVE, dungeon PVE, world boss PVE, farming PVE, Guild PVE, roleplaying PVE and ultimately every non-raid PVE don't have a way to get that armor (and I insist that they shouldn't have it). But at the same time, it would be a good idea to allow them to get a long term, big effort and high cost mode to acces ANOTHER, DIFFERENT armor set with the basic characteristics of the RAID legendary armor (stat and rune swapping), but without the "shiny" skin and without the legendary status.

Wvw you can kill sentrys, cap monuments, kill veteran creatures maybe even the odd camp or two all pve mate.

@Linken.6345 said:Wvw you can kill sentrys, cap monuments, kill veteran creatures maybe even the odd camp or two all pve mate.It's PvE only if no opponents show up. And quite often they do show up, because it is a PvP mode, not a PvE one.Also, you are giving examples for wxp, not for progress bar - some of the things you mentioned offer no progress at all.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:Raids are a tiny, limited and hard entry part of PVE. In fact, the smallest part of PVE, and by far.Having a RAID legendary armor is not having a PVE legendary armor, because the access to that armor is, and will continue being very limited. The RAID legendary armor will remain unreachable for the big majority of the PVE exclusive players. And I believe it's a good thing.

Wvw you can kill sentrys, cap monuments, kill veteran creatures maybe even the odd camp or two all pve mate.

In https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_of_Kyhlo you can treb whole matchin https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forest_of_Niflhel you can kill Mobs and literately win the matchin https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legacy_of_the_Foefire you can go straith to lord and kill it, depending on how stupid your opponent is, the odds are you can win the match without a single kill.Don't let me start on this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Battle_of_Champion%27s_Dusk as it's a moba, so you can rush base, without event seeing your opponents that are rushing your baseDoes that make sPvP -pve mod?

@lare.5129 said:I was think, why not? It is bad, like dungeon leg armor, but idea.Imagine, that this bad idea anyway comes, we should add that and no way back.So how if we have that road only few comments:1)anyway items to craft that can be accessed only for fractal gods,2)one(1) piece should coast:250kp from cm100 (if you like fractals - your should do dayli cm100)250 mystic coins (it shoudl not bee free)250 integrated matrix (relic + gold or dropped destroyed armors and rings)

• something more ..

You can ask why 250kp from cm100 .. So people who make fractals, main tops of then have now aprox 1000 .. so this is enough to make fist set in first day who a real fractal player.

As soon as they lock raids armor on CMs KP (all of them)and make it almost 2 years long to get, I would agree with you.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Wvw you can kill sentrys, cap monuments, kill veteran creatures maybe even the odd camp or two all pve mate.It's PvE only if no opponents show up. And quite often they do show up, because it
is
a PvP mode, not a PvE one.Also, you are giving examples for wxp, not for progress bar - some of the things you mentioned offer no progress at all.

The mode may be PvP but that does not change the fact that sentries, monuments, camps, and veterans are PvE (don’t require interaction with others). It’s just like adding open world PvP to Kessex won’t suddenly make waypoints, hearts, vistas, jumping puzzles, and so forth into being PvP.

All of those to impact the progress bar as they maintain your participation with some doing so better than others. They don’t just provide wxp. I also very rarely encounter other players when I go for these. I’m most likely to encounter them at camps but usually only if someone is dumb and contests it early drawing attention to it.

@"lare.5129" said:I was think, why not? It is bad, like dungeon leg armor, but idea.Imagine, that this bad idea anyway comes, we should add that and no way back.So how if we have that road only few comments:1)anyway items to craft that can be accessed only for fractal gods,2)one(1) piece should coast:250kp from cm100 (if you like fractals - your should do dayli cm100)250 mystic coins (it shoudl not bee free)250 integrated matrix (relic + gold or dropped destroyed armors and rings)

• something more ..

So your suggested requirement for a Fractal Legendary Armor is about 1.5-4 years of doing CM's every single day depending on luck (including daily T4's + Recs for over one year for relics), 7000+ Gold, a Title that costs another few thousand Gold and takes another separate year and then some to get, plus "something more", because "It should not be free", you know, besides having to play challenging content for ~1h daily for 3+ years without spending gained rewards from those 1000+ hours on anything else.

That's about 8 times as much in total time, 20 times the effort in play time and about 5 times the cost of a Raid armor (assuming it wouldn't also take all the usual Gifts etc. that Legendaries require).In short, you could make about 7 sets of Raid armor in time and cost of a single Fractal armor, with significantly less effort.Glad to precisely know how out of touch on this topic you are.

By that same logic you should also argue that Raid Legendary Armor should cost 400 LI per piece, as some people (real Raiders as you would say) have over 2000 LI stockpiled.

Now I don't now why you are so adverse to this idea, since your "arguments" so far are just platitudes and strawmen, but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.