[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Quality of Life... With the risk of sounding cynical, the word 'life' in the term Quality of Life refers to the game's life and not yours. I don't think this is the place to ask for full on features or feature balances.

Also:

• Boar Bristles, please make them stop dropping after the relevant collections are done, like you just did recently with the Krait Scale.
  • A resized preview window has been asked for several times in this thread alone, I think. How about being able to zoom in on and move the previewed object?

Please make Aurora transumatable onto other rings, I know this has been requested a ton already, but it would be great to be able to transumate it’s cosmetic effect onto multiple characters. Not only that, but there should also be an option to transumate a ring without effects onto Aurora for people who don’t like its effect at all. That being said, this system should also be put into effect for rings with effects such as Coalescence, which will be released into the future. Additionally, we should be able to preview Aurora and trinkets with cosmetic effects as well

Depositing more than one guild decoration please make the vendor allow me to type in the number and deposit that amount of guild decorations, I don’t want to spam click like 1000 times to donate my decorations

Make it possible to preview infusions there are many infusions with cosmetic effects, along with the one enhancement Koda’s Warmth, infusions are not cheap nor easy to obtain, so before anyone goes to work towards one, they should be able to preview it so that they like it on their character, the same should go with legendary trinkets, as mentioned above

not sure if this has already been brought up but, Could we add a vendor in or be able to trade Items we get from Black lion chests that we don't want for Black lion Statues, Since i have over 60 self-style hair kits and the over 20 total make over kits just sitting in my bank along with other items i get and don't use , that i know others would be happy to buy for gold or trade if they could.Since the statue idea is good and trading items for statues doesn't break the gem store if you are just trading for other items you could of got anyway. Maybe have statues go up and down the amount depending on demand of items. also that if you sell an item you get less statues but it would cost more , for instance, 1 total make over kit would cost 40 statues to buy but to sell you would only get 15-20.

@"ginryu.3026" said:

Moreover, if one has the Permanent / Endless versions of one or more of these items, he should be able to exchange the consumable versions for a reasonable quantity of Black Lion Statuettes per consumable (e.g., an Upgrade Extractor could be sold to the Black Lion Statuette merchant for 5 Black Lion Statuettes, etc., etc.).

This please. I have worked and saved to get several permanent Contracts (which are awesome and completely worthwhile... especially in shared inventory slots), but the regular consumable version drops really discourage me from buying BL keys. Thanks.

@Jura.2170 said:Unlocking a skin shouldn't destroy it, just make it account bound

lFInMkg.png

I would actually prefer that when you add a skin to the wardrobe, it also adds a transmutation charge and deletes the skin. I have a ton of skins sitting in my bank and have actually started just deleting anything I don't plan on reselling or giving away.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@Jura.2170 said:Unlocking a skin shouldn't destroy it, just make it account bound

Or just turn the skins into a transmog if you don't instant skin.

Didn't see this until after I posted, and I don't have delete option.

@"Sepobi.2984" said:Hey Arenanet, with one of your latest patches, you changed the item loot with unidentified gear. I think this was a good idea, but it brings up another "problem".The space in my inventory is limited, but i often use the "salvage Stack"-option, but this selects all items up to the amount of Kits. I always want to open the unidentified gear items -> sometimes you get an "higher item".But now, lets say i open 15 unidentified gear (inventory full), i can't use the "salvage Stack" option anymore, cause it would salvage 10 of the unidentified gear items. I have to salavage each item manually.

Can you please bring a "unselect option" within the "Salvae Stack"-Method? Thank you.

I salvaged things I wanted too many times accidentally with the salvage all option. I worked around it by giving each character an invisible bag as last slotted and now stack the unidentified in there until I get a few stacks of each. Not great, but it is a workable solution until something is added to the game, which would be as awesome of a change as moving the collapse inventory button option.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:It would be nice if you offered a BYPASS option on the gem store, once a character finished the Path of Fire Campaign, to allow them to acquire the Griffon Mount.

Many people do not enjoy group content or jumping puzzles/collections - those people are impeded from getting a Griffon Mount, unless they engage in activities that they don't like.

This is completely unlike any other aspect of the game. Large game mechanics (like mounts and masteries) are granted to the player either through traditional play through the campaign (solo friendly), or by a multitude of different solo friendly options.

Please offer a gem store option, or integrate the griffon into the solo campaign - whatever (you guys are more creative than I am). Just please allow another solo method to acquire it.

I think it could be nice to have some kind of trading option where you give up a mastery point or something permanent to acquire completion on certain achievements like parts of the griffon collections (or the god awful requirements to complete the living story season 2 achievments). I am just extremely thankful that we did not have to do any raids for the collection.

This won't be popular, and I considered just submitting this as a ticket to be 'passed along' and resolved, but please remove the remaining champs from Shatterer. It causes the same sorts of problems that used to happen at Claw. If you get an imbalance of people trying to participate in an event as intended, and Netflix and Necros (#icanhasl3tz #nowurm4u), then it turns into a clock milking exercise to get as many champs as possible, and ruins WB cycles for the rest of us.

"You should never be unhappy to see another person."

@MikeG.6389 said:

Wood Economy Rebalance and Artifice Wood Cost Rebalance PLEASE

This isn't a Quality-of-Life change. It's a feature update.If you are having trouble levelling artificer,

Guides are not useful because the reality of the situation is it is poorly balanced, to begin with. The requirements for Artifice, in general, are much higher than any other profession. Since the supply is much lower and the requirements are much higher.

In order for Artifice to be balanced with other professions in terms of leveling vs quantity of materials needed. It needs major reduction in materials in relation to how much materials are obtainable from the map. Which is only half of the ore. So it would make sense the requirements should be half.

It seems you didn't follow the link, which is fine.
It draws prices real time, so there shouldn't be any arguments against relevance. But fine, I don't want to argue about that.

What you want is still not a simple Quality-of-Life change, but a feature update. And of something that you only have to do once on an account, really.

That is because it doesn't take buy back into account.Huntsman may "cost" the most but thanks to demand for power pistols which are used by Engineer \ Thief as well as Rifles and Longbows - you make a lot of money easily. Infact even low level power pistols sell for 30 silver.

If we add buy back into consideration Artifice single handedly becomes so much more expensive compared to other crafting that - it gets its own league of over priced uselessness.

PvP match, Mesmer, Warrior, Thief Dead eye, elemental, Engineer. Everyone gets 4-9 kills but the dead eye gets 42.... figure it out... invisible spec is top of the line idiotic, sorry, not being mean, but who ever tested this balance? No one.... hopefully removing 100 devs will allow more smarter ones to replace then and then to actually think.... maybe we should test this before we just release it? Wow, what a concept there! How many PvP anet fails are there? Revenant is pathetically terrible now also.

@Aeon.4583 said:With Unidentified gear all over GW2 now, add this:

• Inventory\Savlage kit Button: Identify All Gear

Button that will perform identification of all Unidentified gears.I belive everyone will understand why we needs this.

Exactly, here is a loot box with an item in it that you have to open that sometimes spawns another item that has to be opened... gawd....Did they invest in mouse making stock or what, click click click.... super duper bad to the bone loot box with crap inside you have to open again and again.

Right now many things for making bags are so expensive compared to the bag sales that its almost a loss and some people are loosing money just to provide them. Not sure what you mean yet it sounds like someone who buys 300k of one item, then puts a huge buy order in an over priced range in order to sell the 300k bought at a profit, hoping to rig the system which many people do. This shouldn't be allowed, no one needs 300k mithril ore except to manipulate the system. Not sure what your specifics are though in my world I cant even craft and sell things for two weeks now because the price of supplies is already too high and no one has noticed enough to alter the prices so everyone follows that, under cutting and loosing money lately. For the most part i disagree. They just nerfed Istan hard, so, that will probably change and you will soon see results on that, which in my description has caused harm to economy even more, not help it at all.

When we have templates, which is soon!!!Can we have account wide armor and weapon templates as well, that we can place account bound armor and weapons (legendary and ascended) into it.

For examplea) Template 1: I'll name it "Light armor zerk set" - has a full set of zerker ascended or legendary light armor with weapons and trinketsb) Template 2: I'll name it "Light armor minstrel set" - has full set of minstrel ascended or legendary light armor with weapons and trinkets

Let's say I'm playing my necro using "Template 1" (zerker set)I decide to do some T4's and use my chrono using "Template 2" (minstrel set), though the group gets an alacren and quickbrandI just load "Template 1" onto my chrono and I play zerker chrono
No need for swapping items between characters or having multiple sets of the same armor and trinkets for different characters, because I can just switch armor templates!

Is this still being read by Arenanet? @Stephane Lo Presti.7258

I've just broken my left alt key on my keyboard in a way that makes it impossible to split stacks of items in GW2 because the game only recognizes left alt (not the right alt) as the keybind for that action. I cannot remap the key inside my keyboard's software because it requires me to use the key in the first place which with the way the key is broken is impossible to do at the moment. I know this is a case that kind of is my own problem but the fact that this function is impossible to be keybinded ingame had me thinking how this could easily be a good QoL so here is my suggestion:

**- Add 'Split Stack' option under the right+click menu of an item in your inventory (or banks).

• Add the option to keybind it under the Control Options.**

I believe that either suggestion would solve my issue as well as being a benefit to everyone.

I'm not sure how, but some time after the summer - it seems that this stopped happening. I had about only ~15 mastery points for a long time and increased them during the winter. Some for the raptor, some for fractals and glider. Seems it stopped when maybe I got above 10 points. I haven't done any story or living world stuff at all. Now I've got 32 with all fractals maxed and some in the legendary crafting (2/4) and pact commander(2/5).