Account Has Been Terminated

Well just wanted to start playing this game again after some time and guess what! My account has been terminated beacuse of selling in game items for real world money, WHAT. Well i guess thats what you get for paying the game and all dlc even ultimate versions of the game........ Idk what to do now i really dont want to pay for all the dlc on another account, cant even afford that right now. I would never even get the idea of selling stuff for real world money. This week just got ruined, now i cant play with my friends. Btw ive played this game since 2015 i dont really want to lose my stuff. :'( :'( :'(

@phs.6089 said:That is what you get for RMT, ToS is there, you broke the agreement, Anet took action. Why are you complaining, I don't know.

Your jumping to a lot of conclusions and history has shown there is a good chance you are wrong. Many people in the past have had their accounts hacked and used for RMT, but gotten them back once reviewed. There have also been instances where accounts have been actioned but had it reversed after being reviewed so unless you have a crystal ball or work for Anet, you should keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@phs.6089 said:That is what you get for RMT, ToS is there, you broke the agreement, Anet took action. Why are you complaining, I don't know.

Your jumping to a lot of conclusions and history has shown there is a good chance you are wrong. Many people in the past have had their accounts hacked and used for RMT, but gotten them back once reviewed. There have also been instances where accounts have been actioned but had it reversed after being reviewed so unless you have a crystal ball or work for Anet, you should keep those kinds of comments to yourself.

I don't jump on any conclusion, I'm stating the fact and wondering why someone complains when they broke ToS?

@phs.6089 said:

I don't jump on any conclusion, I'm stating the fact and wondering why someone complains when they broke ToS?

The OP said:

@TerJiee.6429 said:I would never even get the idea of selling stuff for real world money.

I assume that means they're saying they did not do it.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@phs.6089 said:

The OP said:

@TerJiee.6429 said:I would never even get the idea of selling stuff for real world money.

You are correct, but apparently phs.6089 knows something we do not.

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@phs.6089 said:

The OP said:

You are correct, but apparently phs.6089 knows something we do not.

No, I think they just did not read the first post thoroughly.

@phs.6089 said:

The OP said:

They bought gold, gold seller got a hold of their info, and then used their account for further RMT.

The CS Team locks down ('terminates') accounts that have been hacked and used for RMT; often when a player takes time away from the game.No one on the forum, other than possibly the OP, knows what happened with the account. The CS Team will look into the matter, and either keep the account closed, or restore it to the rightful owner.

Good luck.

So fun getting acussed for something i did not do .... why would i even do that, ive spent 150 dollar on the game maybe more cuz i love it and will always do. But now it feels like i just got ripped off that money.. This is what i get for playing legally

@TerJiee.6429 said:So fun getting acussed for something i did not do .... why would i even do that, ive spent 150 dollar on the game maybe more cuz i love it and will always do. But now it feels like i just got ripped off that money.. This is what i get for playing legally

I feel for you and if you didn't participate in RMT, I hope this gets resolved fast.

The comments you are getting above are a big part of why they discourage posts like yours on these forums. Posting here really doesn't help resolve your specific issue and only serves to rile things up.

Again, I hope your issue gets resolved fairly by the devs through your report.

@TerJiee.6429 said:I also always thought that if you dont do anything against the rules you wont get banned, but now it feels like i cant trust that ......

You've never heard of someone getting hacked? What would you expect a company to do if your account was hacked by a gold seller and started selling gold? Leave it alone? Let them do it? Of course not.

You're complaining about a company taking steps to make sure the game is secure. If you didn't do this, it will be fixed, but it will take time. But if Anet didn't take action on a hacked account selling gold, they'd be a really bad developer.

@TerJiee.6429 said:I also always thought that if you dont do anything against the rules you wont get banned, but now it feels like i cant trust that ......

The jargon is a bit confusing. As @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" wrote above...If your account is hacked, ANet will disable it entirely, from anyone, to prevent further mischief. That has nothing to do with whether you broke the rules.

The problem is that they use the same terminology when they close an account in which the owner broke the rules, in which the owner of the account is disputed (and the question cannot be resolved), and so on. The account is "terminated" in each case.

Why does ANet leave it ambiguous? Because they want to discourage those that have done wrong from trying to appeal.

In short, don't worry about what any of us are saying, don't be overly concerned with ANet's choice of words.

As long as you have played/participated in good faith and can demonstrate you are the rightful owner, ANet will return control of the video game to you. (Even if it might take them a few days to work out the details with you.)

during my first longer break from the game, my account also got terminated as it got hacked and used. took a bit to proove that i am actually me (wich is good!), they usually ask for the serial number and/or last gemshop payment informations. then they did a rollback to my account and told me to activate SMS authentification.so yeah may take a bit, but if you didnt do anything wrong, then you will likely get your account back ultimately.

@"TerJiee.6429" said:Ye... I dident even know what RTM was until now. I still dosent know what RTM exactly stands for more than selling stuff for real world money.

It's "RMT", not "RTM", and it stands for "Real Money Trading", that is, buying and selling in-game stuff (gold, items, etc.) for real-world money. Some games have (or have had) real-money player-to-player marketplaces, and in such games, actionable RMT would mean trading outside the in-game service. (In the same way, in GW2, buying gems for real money and turning gems to gold in the Black Lion panel is OK, but buying gold from one of the goldseller types that advertise in-game is not.)

There are two scenario's.1: The OP actually does know what is going on, but is not telling us all, but uses this forum as leverage to regain control.2: The OP his account is hacked. If that is the case, support can verify this, help with a rollback and regain access. Make sure you understand that someone got your login details and might have access to a lot more.