Mount Skins Ideas

Nury.3062

Hello!I was thinking about mount skins i would love to see in the shop and i had 2 ideas:1."Guild" Mount Skins - Mount skins that display the guild emblem (on a caparison or saddle with a long"cloth" part attached to it )2.Adventure/Exploration Mount Skins - Skins with bags/sleeping bag , hanging sword etc.

What do you think ? What skins would you like to see in the shop?

• 1 month later...

hoping for some sylvari themed mounts. Oof and can't wait to see the different dragons skins for the upcoming skydrake, although always wanted an Aurene mount </3 sounds weird but maybe even mounts inspired from defiant glass armored mounts would look cool or even passed Black lion weapon skins can inspire more mount skins.

@Danikat.8537 said:I like the idea of guild mounts.

I also really want sylvari themed mounts. Ideally ones which can be dyed to suit a normal sylvari, nightmare or mordrem theme. But I'd be happy with just sylvari ones, I love the idea of my character riding around on a giant fern hound.

Fern Hound sounds so much like a no-brainer for the Jackal. And when you blink it would leave behind a swirl of leaves (preferred) or if they want to go econo, green mist.

To the OP's suggestion, that sounds more like "Saddle skins" than actual mount skins though. Wouldn't be surprised if they actually added something like that, so players had another thing to buy all the skins for to have every single saddle skin in the game, I'm guessing the usual-suspects would go wild on that.

Personally, I'm just hoping they eventually make some skins that will actually make me want to use some of the mounts. I generally dislike most of the skins so far, and the only one I've found more than a single skin I like for is the Raptor. Ah well, everyone has different taste.

Edit: If I see that *** ** ** Whale from ff14 in GW2 I quit!

One idea that would be somewhat cost extensive would be an actual racial set.Now, hold your non-existent horses.

What i mean is, you buy the raptor, but it will have 5 skins depending on your character.For example, the raptor will be a normal raptor in Defender Armor for a human.It will be a golemoid- for an asura. Dryadic for a sylvary. Etc.For the norn, it could actually be a Wild Spirit (or a minotaur), and for the charr it would look like a raptor in armor, with mechanic parts with a forge-like chestpiece. Pistons along the legs to support its jumping power

@OP, guild mounts are a great idea.But maybe they would be even better if they were unlocked by a great effort of the guild working together, rather than a simple gem store purchase. That would give them some emotional value as well

@Ayakaru.6583 said:One idea that would be somewhat cost extensive would be an actual racial set.Now, hold your non-existent horses.

What i mean is, you buy the raptor, but it will have 5 skins depending on your character.For example, the raptor will be a normal raptor in Defender Armor for a human.It will be a golemoid- for an asura. Dryadic for a sylvary. Etc.For the norn, it could actually be a Wild Spirit (or a minotaur), and for the charr it would look like a raptor in armor, with mechanic parts with a forge-like chestpiece. Pistons along the legs to support its jumping power

@OP, guild mounts are a great idea.But maybe they would be even better if they were unlocked by a great effort of the guild working together, rather than a simple gem store purchase. That would give them some emotional value as well

We kinda have that already in a way...Exo Suit>Asura Shiverpeak > Norn

@Nury.3062 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:One idea that would be somewhat cost extensive would be an actual racial set.Now, hold your non-existent horses.

We kinda have that already in a way...Exo Suit>Asura Shiverpeak > Norn

Exo suit, sort of, yeaBut I was thinking more golem than just a few attached parts.And for the norn I was thinking spirit, or greater beasts, since they’re hunters. Not regular mounts in Braham’s bra

• 4 weeks later...

Well how about some mythology themed mounts and some used from Guild Wars 1. The Kirin/Pixiu & Chimera mount for Warclaw. The Bat mount for Skyscale. The Celestial Dragon mount for Skimmer. The Phoenix mount for Griffon. Bonebreaker/Rolling Devil mount for Roller Beetle. The Maguuma Toad for Springer. The Stonehead mount for Raptor.