Make EoTM as the new map! (Special Week Event)

Ryudnard.2587

The main issue would be the differences between the map design of EotM map and the BL system maps, they're flat out constructed differently, and it would likely take some non-trivial effort for ANet to change that.

And if they wanted to do that, I think they'd be better off changing the BL maps into BG maps, so they could rotate all the 4 maps as they saw fit.

One of the most interesting ideas regarding this, is adding the EotM map into WvW, and then replace the EotM map in the EotM-Mode with EBG, so we can have multiple instances of EBG while in queue. I wonder how this would have increased interest in EotM-Mode as a whole, or not ?

@"joneirikb.7506" said:The main issue would be the differences between the map design of EotM map and the BL system maps, they're flat out constructed differently, and it would likely take some non-trivial effort for ANet to change that.

And if they wanted to do that, I think they'd be better off changing the BL maps into BG maps, so they could rotate all the 4 maps as they saw fit.

One of the most interesting ideas regarding this, is adding the EotM map into WvW, and then replace the EotM map in the EotM-Mode with EBG, so we can have multiple instances of EBG while in queue. I wonder how this would have increased interest in EotM-Mode as a whole, or not ?

I don't think the map format of ONE of the WvW maps is the main problem of this game mode. But, if the EoTm will become a real WvW map and EBG will become the new EoTM, if Anet will keep the actual rewards, I think the new role EBG will be as populated as the EoTM is now. I mean, no players.

I think one of the the most important detail for WvW is the reward system (together with class balance for WvW and population/coverage balance). Only after fixing this we can think to some "cosmetic" changes.

EoTM was never something most long term WvWers wanted or liked, it was a much more PvE focused map. It's prime was not because it was a good map, or WvW players enjoyed it, it's because rewards were over the top, zergs avoided each other for flipping structures without a single enemy in sight. EoTM was also the place to level alts, constant ktrain with no real fights to stop it and with the rewards there was always a tag up. Anet then nerfed the rewards into the ground and BOOM, EoTM was a waste land in short order.

Remember, EoTM is still there, you don't need to bring it into the normal WvW map rotation to play it if you want, the option is already there.

Shit can desert bl and ebg for a couple of weeks and make 5v5 instead of 3v3. Try something fucking new. Make all 5 or 6 in matchup equal with Alpine BL. Scramble up the stacking and ANET would prbly make triple on revenue from mad dash to change servers and buy gold.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"joneirikb.7506" said:The main issue would be the differences between the map design of EotM map and the BL system maps, they're flat out constructed differently, and it would likely take some non-trivial effort for ANet to change that.

I don't think the map format of ONE of the WvW maps is the main problem of this game mode. But, if the EoTm will become a real WvW map and EBG will become the new EoTM, if Anet will keep the actual rewards, I think the new role EBG will be as populated as the EoTM is now. I mean, no players.

I think one of the the most important detail for WvW is the reward system (together with class balance for WvW and population/coverage balance). Only after fixing this we can think to some "cosmetic" changes.

Well, I'm sure quite a few players would complain, and loudly at that, to find their AlpineBL replaced with EotmBG map, because as long as ANet locks itself to the HomeBL system, 3 maps has to be similar enough that people can't complain (overly much) about the fairness. Adding a full BG map like Eotm or Eternal would skewer that and negate the "home advantage" for which ever server got that.

So either ANet would have to convert Eotm into a BL map, or convert Alpine/Desert into a full BG maps, I prefer the later. But I realize they're not going to, which I find sad.

But if they actually did that, I'd like to see this setup:

Wvw:

• EternalBG
  • AlpineBG
  • DesertBG
  • EotmBG

EotM (Mode)

• EternalBG

Considering how many people have complained about the map over the years, and claimed they would never go there even as overflow, and I've seen people state they'd rather stand AFK'ing in OS than go there when all other maps are queue'd. Consider it is the most popular map, I'm wondering if people might at least use it as a viable overflow again (whenever that is needed).

Mostly just my curiosity.

Sure. While we're at it, let's fix EotM so all WvW dailies are doable there for more casual players to do them, or even when a regular WvW'er wants to get a daily done but doesn't really have the time to contribute. Why do the supply depots there not count as camps? Some vet toward daily vet?

For that matter, might as well let people get pips there too, even it if leaves placement out of it.