Aurora (Legendary trinket)

HeyI am just wondering, how do you get this these days? xDYou need to go into dead maps and try to get things done that requires many or if not many several people, either way, its like you need help of others ALL the way through dead maps, i know that it is "still" obtainable for me since i might have to ask the people i know, but what about those who doesn't have people to help them?

I know that this is mmo and you shouldn't play it alone, but seriously how do you progress through dead maps in such matters?

There are some group activities required but I don't see any that requires a particular large group. The larger group simply allows completion without having any knowledge about the events because statistically speaking with enough people around there is probably enough someone else who does know what is going on. A small group of knowledgeable people could do the same. All the maps still have people in them but being able to get random map people to join will depend on when you play. I would not expect to be able to gather enough people if I was trying to do it at 3am ...

Also: guilds and friends

@"Heartpains.7312" said:HeyI am just wondering, how do you get this these days? xDYou need to go into dead maps and try to get things done that requires many or if not many several people, either way, its like you need help of others ALL the way through dead maps, i know that it is "still" obtainable for me since i might have to ask the people i know, but what about those who doesn't have people to help them?

I know that this is mmo and you shouldn't play it alone, but seriously how do you progress through dead maps in such matters?

I'm just curious... by coming on to the forums and calling maps dead when they are obviously not, what do you hope to achieve?In your head does Arenanet just give you the legendary and say "our bad"?

I’ve been working on the Aurora collections and just completed them this last weekend.

It’s not hard. You can usually organize a group effort (like the Jade Construct in Ember Bay) without much time or effort. The amount of time you need to spend in Ember Bay to get the needed currency should be more than enough to finish the achiement collections.

Now, I understand there is a grind involved but I’ve been slowly and steadily completing everything (do reward tracks for the special skin required to complete each Master collection).

Good luck.

@"Heartpains.7312" said:HeyI am just wondering, how do you get this these days? xDYou need to go into dead maps and try to get things done that requires many or if not many several people, either way, its like you need help of others ALL the way through dead maps, i know that it is "still" obtainable for me since i might have to ask the people i know, but what about those who doesn't have people to help them?

I know that this is mmo and you shouldn't play it alone, but seriously how do you progress through dead maps in such matters?Why do you think the maps are dead? This is GW2, every map has resources that are interesting to players at endgame. No matter where I go, I find others to play with. There's no such thing as "dead maps" in this game.

I just got this a month ago. Never had a single issue with any of the stuff that needed to get done. In fact, I was clearing each map in an evening almost. Not sure what to tell you OP. The world is not handed to you for free, but item is easy to get. You just have to show up and put in minimal effort.

I consider that Aurora is not worth the effort to craft. If you don't really need the visual appearance, then (again, only my opinion) you can very well obtain the same thing by using the Amulet you can buy from Bloodstone Fen. With 100 Unbound Magic you can change the status for this Amulet as many times as you want.

I have the precursor for Aurora. But being able to craft only ONE trinket, that means I will spend a lot of resources (as many as for a Legendary weapon) for an incomplete solution. I have 9 toons. So, one Aurora will solve almost nothing. Only ONE is too expensive. If we will have the possibility to craft several in the future, then I may consider to craft one for each toon. Because in this way I can solve the "Amulet Problem".

Considering the ease of collecting trinkets in ls3, yeah, the tiny effect from Aurora doesnt exactly seem worth the effort.About finishing with ls3 mastery, just a few days more for henge away from home to start on the second collection. Will most likely stop at the precursor as its a free tinket.

The maps are not dead, i finished this about 3weeks ago.Generally after reset you will see people hitting the legendaries in DRaconis Mons.Besides that the only difficult thing i found was the Ember Bay JP, which a mesmer helped me out with.

PS. There is another backpiece but not for Aurora that requires a legendaries killed in Vabbi, that you might have difficulty with.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

I consider that Aurora is not worth the effort to craft. If you don't really need the visual appearance, then (again, only my opinion) you can very well obtain the same thing by using the Amulet you can buy from Bloodstone Fen. With 100 Unbound Magic you can change the status for this Amulet as many times as you want.

I have the precursor for Aurora. But being able to craft only ONE trinket, that means I will spend a lot of resources (as many as for a Legendary weapon) for an incomplete solution. I have 9 toons. So, one Aurora will solve almost nothing. Only ONE is too expensive. If we will have the possibility to craft several in the future, then I may consider to craft one for each toon. Because in this way I can solve the "Amulet Problem".

its earring, not amulet

for clarification, i do not have issues with gold or anything, but if you tell me the maps are not dead i mostly just see 5-7 people doing random things on these maps =p

only map i see a little bit of action in is lake doric, which people farm leather at.

As i said i am okay with jade and everything that requires whatever number, but that is because i do have people if i need.

Maybe it is the time i play at.

@Heartpains.7312 said:for clarification, i do not have issues with gold or anything, but if you tell me the maps are not dead i mostly just see 5-7 people doing random things on these maps =p

only map i see a little bit of action in is lake doric, which people farm leather at.

As i said i am okay with jade and everything that requires whatever number, but that is because i do have people if i need.

Maybe it is the time i play at.

The thing is that while your instance may have only 5-7 players, there’s no telling how many other map instances there are. Also, 5-7 players is way more than enough to complete those collections.