I'm getting bored of playing ranger only

Anput.4620

@Obtena.7952 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I still agree with you, I know you don't like it which is why you're arguing but you are absolutely right, this is Anets game. If they want to turn a warzone into something friendlier than PvE then they can.

Really? So you don't think Anet's game changes make toxicity or that they are killing off the player base now? Finally, a convert!!! SUCCESS!!!

What?You really need to read and focus man and actually understand the words being used.

If you're trolling then 0/10.

It's not trolling ... you continually tell me you agree with me and I continually tell you I don't think Anet's game changes make toxicity or that they are killing off the player base. What's the problem here?

That you're diverting from what I agreed with. Absolutely no comprehensive skills too.

Ill say it a third time: I agree this is Anets game and can take it any new direction they feel wether people like it or not.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

The mount is a new game mechanic. It was introduced by anet. It's not like it's a hack or something . . .I'm pretty sure that's by design tho . . .

So why don't people just admit that the mount is bad for a PvP mode but that the real reason behind it is:

I'm pretty sure the mount was introduced to get ppl back to their zergs faster. This seems like a rational motivation to me bc when ppl asked for the ability to hide their comm tags anet said no bc a lot of players won't play if they log in and don't see a tag to follow. So it seems to me if anet thinks having tags for ppl to follow is a good thing then getting ppl to those tags quickly would also be a good thing. It's pretty much a straight line of rational thought, not terribly difficult to follow . . .

I had a game in Smite a while ago where i as a solo just farmed my lane opponent over and over til they where like 7 levels behind and barely worth any gold/xp, should i just not attack them anymore when they massage me to stop ganking them from corners on spawn?

I am not familiar with this 'Smite' game you speak of but you certainly make it sound like the game was letting you know you should consider changing your behavior, yeah . . .

And you still haven't answered my question :)

Howeso? Killing them over and over is rewarding as it prevents them from getting levels, it also allows me to rotate and help the team in teamfights.

What question again?How is fighting a player that doesn't want to fight different from fighting an npc . . ?

The player character is controlled by a player making it player versus player combat whilt the NPC is an AI mob.:pWhat I am asking you to do is explain what you get out of fighting a player that doesn't want to fight you vs. fighting an npc. What appeals to you about it? When you decide to fight a player that doesn't want to fight what is your motivation . . ?

I'm asking bc it seems like a lot of players regret that this type of fighting is less common after mounts while I actually appreciate that mounts have removed a lot of those fights. So I'm trying to figure out what the ppl who want to use their roaming build to fight zerglings or pver's doing dailies feel like they are missing out on now that those fights are harder to find . . .

Because killing someone on the enemy team is fun regardless whom it is, i will oneshot some necros over and over as gladly as i went back to die to the same wanderers condi berserker warrior 6 times in a row yesterday without giving up, swapping characters each time, trying new things and learning how to counter them, seeing what i did wrong as i finally beat them on my weaver after dying a lot.

But nah let's just press space 3 times and run because that is interactive and intelligent world PvP design lul.

But yeah you probably don't get PvP, if i play a MOBA it is fun whether i stomp them, had a good fight and win, had a good fight and lose. Sure being stomped isn't fun but it's PvP, i just try to get better.

The only people praising the mount are the ones that just go for PPT and want to be left alone while farming their GOB, their opinions frankly don't matter as it is not the target audiance of the specific mode, the reason they do cater to them now is because they can sell skins to them though. Why not sacrifice a few players to get more gemsales? It is a net revenue increase so why care for them rite?

I don't give a shit that billy doesn't get killed while farming his GOB now, i give a shit that my friends whom have cherished this mode for years quit the game though.

It is a simple balance matter, but for some reason yall don't get how balancing works, these new PvE people in WvW saying they don't like the "feel" of things getting nerfed, i just think: ever played an actual PvP game? Things get nerfed and buffed all the time. Also the way they call a dismount skill a nerf when it ads new functionality to the mount, making it a buff, these people are clueless.

But nah just wave the word ganker around, using the word incorrectly immediately stating it is an objectively bad thing when it isn't while also admitting that the mount is OP af but it is fine because it works in your advantage.

Seriously i haven't played an actual PvP game with a community more of a joke than the WvW forums these past few weeks (many of the people saying they only started when mounts came).

@Anput.4620 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

The mount is a new game mechanic. It was introduced by anet. It's not like it's a hack or something . . .I'm pretty sure that's by design tho . . .

So why don't people just admit that the mount is bad for a PvP mode but that the real reason behind it is:

I'm pretty sure the mount was introduced to get ppl back to their zergs faster. This seems like a rational motivation to me bc when ppl asked for the ability to hide their comm tags anet said no bc a lot of players won't play if they log in and don't see a tag to follow. So it seems to me if anet thinks having tags for ppl to follow is a good thing then getting ppl to those tags quickly would also be a good thing. It's pretty much a straight line of rational thought, not terribly difficult to follow . . .

I had a game in Smite a while ago where i as a solo just farmed my lane opponent over and over til they where like 7 levels behind and barely worth any gold/xp, should i just not attack them anymore when they massage me to stop ganking them from corners on spawn?

I am not familiar with this 'Smite' game you speak of but you certainly make it sound like the game was letting you know you should consider changing your behavior, yeah . . .

Howeso? Killing them over and over is rewarding as it prevents them from getting levels, it also allows me to rotate and help the team in teamfights.

What question again?How is fighting a player that doesn't want to fight different from fighting an npc . . ?

The player character is controlled by a player making it player versus player combat whilt the NPC is an AI mob.:pWhat I am asking you to do is explain what you get out of fighting a player that doesn't want to fight you vs. fighting an npc. What appeals to you about it? When you decide to fight a player that doesn't want to fight what is your motivation . . ?

I'm asking bc it seems like a lot of players regret that this type of fighting is less common after mounts while I actually appreciate that mounts have removed a lot of those fights. So I'm trying to figure out what the ppl who want to use their roaming build to fight zerglings or pver's doing dailies feel like they are missing out on now that those fights are harder to find . . .

Because killing someone on the enemy team is fun regardless whom it is, i will oneshot some necros over and over as gladly as i went back to die to the same wanderers condi berserker warrior 6 times in a row yesterday without giving up, swapping characters each time, trying new things and learning how to counter them, seeing what i did wrong as i finally beat them on my weaver after dying a lot.

But nah let's just press space 3 times and run because that is interactive and intelligent world PvP design lul.

But yeah you probably don't get PvP, if i play a MOBA it is fun whether i stomp them, had a good fight and win, had a good fight and lose. Sure being stomped isn't fun but it's PvP, i just try to get better.

The only people praising the mount are the ones that just go for PPT and want to be left alone while farming their GOB, their opinions frankly don't matter as it is not the target audiance of the specific mode, the reason they do cater to them now is because they can sell skins to them though. Why not sacrifice a few players to get more gemsales? It is a net revenue increase so why care for them rite?

I don't give a kitten that billy doesn't get killed while farming his GOB now, i give a kitten that my friends whom have cherished this mode for years quit the game though.

It is a simple balance matter, but for some reason yall don't get how balancing works, these new PvE people in WvW saying they don't like the "feel" of things getting nerfed, i just think: ever played an actual PvP game? Things get nerfed and buffed all the time. Also the way they call a dismount skill a nerf when it ads new functionality to the mount, making it a buff, these people are clueless.

But nah just wave the word ganker around, using the word incorrectly immediately stating it is an objectively bad thing when it isn't while also admitting that the mount is OP af but it is fine because it works in your advantage.

Seriously i haven't played an actual PvP game with a community more of a joke than the WvW forums these past few weeks (many of the people saying they only started when mounts came).

Okay, so basically what you are saying is

@Obtena.7952 said:AH I know the answer to this one ... fighting an NPC doesn't bring the false sense of awesomeness and PWN that ganking a player does.

That's pretty much what I figured. But I wanted to give you the opportunity to present any alternate motivations I may not have considered. I am different from you in that I come to competitive game modes from pve bc I am looking for competition, so that is why our reaction to the mount has been so different. Ty for taking the time to explain your perspective . . .

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I still agree with you, I know you don't like it which is why you're arguing but you are absolutely right, this is Anets game. If they want to turn a warzone into something friendlier than PvE then they can.

Really? So you don't think Anet's game changes make toxicity or that they are killing off the player base now? Finally, a convert!!! SUCCESS!!!

What?You really need to read and focus man and actually understand the words being used.

If you're trolling then 0/10.

It's not trolling ... you continually tell me you agree with me and I continually tell you I don't think Anet's game changes make toxicity or that they are killing off the player base. What's the problem here?

That you're diverting from what I agreed with. Absolutely no comprehensive skills too.

Ill say it a third time: I agree this is Anets game and can take it any new direction they feel wether people like it or not.

I'm diverting from it because I'm not here to high five you on agreeing with me on a point that is a obvious fact. Great, you agree that Anet controls the game ... and so what? No one cares.

Otherwise, you are wrong; it's not game changes that make toxicity (or me because I don't agree with you) and they aren't killing off the player base because they want to make those changes. And since you don'y think you need anything more than playing the game to make your claims, I don't think I need anything more than that to make mine either.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I don't give a kitten that billy doesn't get killed while farming his GOB now, i give a kitten that my friends whom have cherished this mode for years quit the game though.

Okay, so basically what you are saying is

@Obtena.7952 said:AH I know the answer to this one ... fighting an NPC doesn't bring the false sense of awesomeness and PWN that ganking a player does.

That's pretty much what I figured. But I wanted to give you the opportunity to present any alternate motivations I may not have considered. I am different from you in that I come to competitive game modes from pve bc I am looking for competition, so that is why our reaction to the mount has been so different. Ty for taking the time to explain your perspective . . .

Jesus did you even read anything i said? Also, why do motivations even matter in the first place? We are talking about game design and balance here. Also, the main thing before is that you said i must only look for easy fights, when that isn't the truth. What you keep waving around makes zero sense for a PvP game.

You ignored about 90% of what i said, i am done here, you are not worth argueing with if you couldn't even understand what i just said.

@Zaraki.5784 said:I get dismounted pretty easily by mirages, you could try that.

The problem isn't that it's hard to dismount or that there aren't many classes that have builds that can do it.

The problem that the OP has is that doesn't want to have to dismount people to fight them and the thread is a thinly veiled ruse to complain about the fact that mounts ruin his fun in WvW. Hhence since mounts have been introduced and he's been playing ranger, he's already bored of it. It's not about the class, it's about disliking dismounting.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:I get dismounted pretty easily by mirages, you could try that.

The problem isn't that it's hard to dismount or that there aren't many classes that have builds that can do it.

The problem that the OP has is that doesn't want to have to dismount people to fight them and the thread is a thinly veiled ruse to complain about the fact that mounts ruin his fun in WvW. Hhence since mounts have been introduced and he's been playing ranger, he's already bored of it. It's not about the class, it's about disliking dismounting.

Then he should've been more explicit, not everyone can read through words...understanding english is putting enough of a toll to me, don't hide hidden meaning behind your words xD

Well thanks for clarifying Obtena, if I knew the real question from the start I wouldn't have commented but since I'm already here....get used to it, a few nerfs to Warclaw are in development but be sure that core mechanic won't change.

@Obtena.7952 said:

The problem is that you can't catch up with said people to dismount them, and even when close on a melee class you can't dismount because they can easilly bolt off.

In the past i could easillly chase anything but a daredevil, now i can't chase anything anymore. Literally no class can dismount someone if their intention is to get away as soon as they entered WvW.

I asked again and again, but no one answers:

So let's say you are swimming across the river in ascension bay to go into enemy territory to roam, you go and move to the sentry as soon as you are out of the water, another player sees you, they are capping the sentry, as soon as they see you they mount up and bolt, give me your sucessful engagement plan.

No class can dismount the person in this situation when before mounts this would have ensued a fight.

I don't dislike dismounting, if the mounts where swiftness walkspeed and had 2 dodges i'd have zero problems with them, nor the dismounting @Zaraki.5784

CC immunity, free swiftness, 2 extra dodges and a 10k barrier would still be seen as OP if given for free if you would ask anyone pre-mounts, so it wouldn't be useless before people will wave that around again.

I don't see how asking for the mounts to not be unbalanced to the point it is free passage in a pvp mode is a bad thing.

@Anput.4620 said:

The problem is that you can't catch up with said people to dismount them, and even when close on a melee class you can't dismount because they can easilly bolt off.

In the past i could easillly chase anything but a daredevil, now i can't chase anything anymore. Literally no class can dismount someone if their intention is to get away as soon as they entered WvW.

So let's say you are swimming across the river in ascension bay to go into enemy territory to roam, you go and move to the sentry as soon as you are out of the water, another player sees you, they are capping the sentry, as soon as they see you they mount up and bolt, give me your sucessful engagement plan.

No class can dismount the person in this situation when before mounts this would have ensued a fight.

I don't dislike dismounting, if the mounts where swiftness walkspeed and had 2 dodges i'd have zero problems with them, nor the dismounting @Zaraki.5784

CC immunity, free swiftness, 2 extra dodges and a 10k barrier would still be seen as OP if given for free if you would ask anyone pre-mounts, so it wouldn't be useless before people will wave that around again.

I don't see how asking for the mounts to not be unbalanced to the point it is free passage in a pvp mode is a bad thing.

If there are some situations you can't dismount players, so be it. I don't see what that has to do with being bored of ranger though ... the purpose of the thread? or maybe just a way to launch another complaint about mounts in WvW.

@Obtena.7952 said:

...or maybe just a way to launch another complaint about mounts in WvW.

That is literally all this is. Months later and he still hasn't learned to adapt. He likely spent years mashing the same 3 buttons and winning, and now it doesn't work anymore so he isn't having fun, so he comes out here and blames anet for his struggles.

@Obtena.7952 said:

If there are some situations you can't dismount players, so be it. I don't see what that has to do with being bored of ranger though ... the purpose of the thread? or maybe just a way to launch another complaint about mounts in WvW.

Because i am forced to play it to dismount.

Also what justifies the so be it game design-wise.

@Graymalkyn.8076 said:

...or maybe just a way to launch another complaint about mounts in WvW.

That is literally all this is. Months later and he still hasn't learned to adapt. He likely spent years mashing the same 3 buttons and winning, and now it doesn't work anymore so he isn't having fun, so he comes out here and blames anet for his struggles.

So why is some peoples fun justified while other peoples fun isn't? Necros that spam F skills in ktrains aren't affected in their combat by this. Why does it have to be skewed? Also, it isn't about losing combat, it is about not even having the combat lol.

Why does it matter if i'm complaining if i am being perfectly reasonable? I have provided more arguments than the people waving words around and giving them negative implications stated as fact.

Also tell me how what you said was true when i died to the same warrior 6 times but i kept fighting them and beat them the 7th? I care for quantity of fights, running all night to find 1 person so fight isn't fun and makes no sense for a world PvP game/mode.

The way you tell me to "adapt" also indicates that the change made to the game was simply not balanced.

@Anput.4620 said:So why is some peoples fun justified while other peoples fun isn't?

That's not true at all ... the game changes in ways that affect all people's fun, both in a negative and positive way. Don't try and play like you are the first person ever affected by Anet's game changing decisions here. It happens all time. It just so happened to you this time.

No one has a problem with complaining, but it isn't clever to complain behind the ruse that there is something wrong with the class because you are bored with it. If you are bored, go play another class. If you can't find a class/build that doesn't make you bored, then it makes no sense to complain about that because Anet isn't going to change the game around you.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Anput.4620 said:So why is some peoples fun justified while other peoples fun isn't?

That's not true at all ... the game changes in ways that affect all people's fun, both in a negative and positive way. Don't try and play like you are the first person ever affected by Anet's game changing decisions here. It happens all time. It just so happened to you this time.

No one has a problem with complaining, but it isn't clever to complain behind the ruse that there is something wrong with the class because you are bored with it. If you are bored, go play another class. If you can't find a class/build that doesn't make you bored, then it makes no sense to complain about that because Anet isn't going to change the game around you.

So making a game-changing change to something that has been stable to people and loved in certain for 6 years isn't insensitive towards the community?

@Obtena.7952 said:Whether it's insensitive or not is irrelevant; if Anet only made changes to the game that people were not sensitive too, they would never make changes.Game changes happen all the time that people don't like. It's not exceptional.

There is a difference between general/balance changes and game-changing/breaking(for a specific group of people) changes.

For many players i know this is basically the equivalent of removing a gamemode, all of them but 3 quit, and of the 3 only 1 still playes regularly while the other playes once per week now, while before they all played almost every day. And there isn't even a real gain except anet making more money, but when other companies do these kinda things for money people don't symphatize with them either. You can't tell me it's not a cashgrab.

I'm talking game design, nothing else, not PR, not profits, just game design.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Whether it's insensitive or not is irrelevant; if Anet only made changes to the game that people were not sensitive too, they would never make changes.Game changes happen all the time that people don't like. It's not exceptional.

There is a difference between general/balance changes and game-changing/breaking(for a specific group of people) changes.

For many players i know this is basically the equivalent of removing a gamemode, all of them but 3 quit, and of the 3 only 1 still playes regularly while the other playes once per week now, while before they all played almost every day. And there isn't even a real gain except anet making more money, but when other companies do these kinda things for money people don't symphatize with them either. You can't tell me it's not a cashgrab.

I'm talking game design, nothing else, not PR, not profits, just game design.

Anet makes all kinds of changes that players think are game-changing but that has never stopped them from making those changes. Players leave, players come ... not reasons to simply sit back and not change the game.

What I said still holds. The fact you DON'T consider this is a business is exactly the reason your complaint can't be looked at seriously. You're just another player that only sees the change as something that negatively affects them, in their own little bubble of the game environment ... no ability (or attempt more like it) to see the bigger picture.

@Obtena.7952 said:What I said still holds. The fact you DON'T consider this is a business is exactly the reason your complaint can't be looked at seriously. You're just another player that only sees the change as something that negatively affects them, in their own little bubble of the game environment ... no ability (or attempt more like it) to see the bigger picture.

Why should i be concerned with their business? I should be concerned with the product i am paying for. This is the normal stance to have as a consumer, why wouldn't it be?

If you at a consumer not look at game-design but profits for the company then i don't even know what to say.

Also, this is how the pro mount players think especially;

You're just another player that only sees the change as something that positively affects them without caring for how it affects others/balance, in their own little bubble of the game environment ... no ability (or attempt more like it) to see the bigger picture.

You can be on the left or right side of the fence but you can't say it isn't skewed.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:What I said still holds. The fact you DON'T consider this is a business is exactly the reason your complaint can't be looked at seriously. You're just another player that only sees the change as something that negatively affects them, in their own little bubble of the game environment ... no ability (or attempt more like it) to see the bigger picture.

Why should i be concerned with their business?

You want Anet to take you seriously and tell them how to change their business, but you could care less about how they conduct their business? There you have it I guess. Like I said, you only see things in your microcosm, then there isn't much reason to listen to you. As much as you want to, you can't remove the fact that the game is a front for a business. Changing the game has a business impact, ESPECIALLY with the introduction of mounts in WvW.

@Obtena.7952 said:

You want Anet to take you seriously and tell them how to change their business, but you could care less about how they conduct their business? There you have it I guess. Like I said, you only see things in your microcosm, then there isn't much reason to listen to you. As much as you want to, you can't remove the fact that the game is a front for a business. Changing the game has a business impact, ESPECIALLY with the introduction of mounts in WvW.

Ignored everything else i said.

@Anput.4620 said:

No, I'm just making it clear what is relevant. How many of your friends left ... irrelevant. How this change offends your sensibilities of WvW as an open world PVP area .... irrelevant. How you think mounts in WvW are poor game design ... irrelevant.

Somehow you concluded the game is about you so changes you don't like shouldn't happen. That's not how it works.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No, I'm just making it clear what is relevant. How many of your friends left ... irrelevant. How this change offends your sensibilities of WvW as an open world PVP area .... irrelevant. How you think mounts in WvW are poor game design ... irrelevant.

Somehow you concluded the game is about you so changes you don't like shouldn't happen. That's not how it works.

Why is this not relevant? Why are you vouching for the company instead of the customer anyways?

How is any of this not relevent to the consumer.

Never heard of a community not backlashing against something that is clearly imba with zero counterplay in any PvP game ive played before.

@Anput.4620 said:

Why is this not relevant? Why are you vouching for the company instead of the customer anyways?

Because the game doesn't cater to individuals. It can't.

Your other question doesn't make sense ... this isn't a fight where you take a side and if you win, you get your way. There is one way and it's the way Anet wants it to be; they control the game. That shouldn't bother you if you choose to play online games.