Future change to Raid Reward Delivery

@"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:I agree with that. I think that if players dont have time to play raids then also they wouldnt have time to do the other way to get legendary armor.It's the learning time - you don't need a lot of that for WvW for example. You can start earning your legendary from day 1. In raids, there's no "partial success" on encounter - only kills count. A wipe at 5% boss hp still earns you no LI. So, you need to sink a lot of time into it before you even start earning any progress on your path towards legendary.

I dont understand how could vg require that much dedication but i will take your word for it.

I was helping crossroads inn teach raids for half a year and outside of dhuum, soulless horror and deimos they killed at least 1 boss each training. There was only one player that havent seen improvement and he never came in with right gear etc.Key points here being "helping" and "teach". Training groups from training guilds always have at least one veteran leading the group, often one or two more to help, and the rest is a mix of new players and those that have already seen the fight a number of times.The group i was talking about however was completely made up of new players (not new to the game, but new to raiding and the demands this level of play places on both group and individual players), and all of them started raiding practically completely fresh (that included dps players having to learn rotations, and some players having to make and learn support classes). Try to do VG when your healers and chronos are completely new to both class and role, and the rest of the players think at the start that 10k (on boss, not on golem) is good dps, and you will understand what i mean. Ah, also, overheal strat didn't exist yet then, and chronos weren't good enough for dependable distort share, so the group had to run greens.

That's the impact of the social factor here. You learn better in a group where most of the players are veterans that have this fight already mastered. Especially if the key roles are covered. A group consisting of new players without even a single veteran to help will progress much, much slower.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:I agree with that. I think that if players dont have time to play raids then also they wouldnt have time to do the other way to get legendary armor.It's the learning time - you don't need a lot of that for WvW for example. You can start earning your legendary from day 1. In raids, there's no "partial success" on encounter - only kills count. A wipe at 5% boss hp still earns you no LI. So, you need to sink a lot of time into it before you even
start
earning any progress on your path towards legendary.

I dont understand how could vg require that much dedication but i will take your word for it.

I was helping crossroads inn teach raids for half a year and outside of dhuum, soulless horror and deimos they killed at least 1 boss each training. There was only one player that havent seen improvement and he never came in with right gear etc.Key points here being "helping" and "teach". Training groups from training guilds always have at least one veteran leading the group, often one or two more to help, and the rest is a mix of new players and those that have already seen the fight a number of times.The group i was talking about however was completely made up of new players (not new to the game, but new to raiding and the demands this level of play places on both group and individual players), and all of them started raiding practically completely fresh (that included dps players having to learn rotations, and some players having to make and learn support classes). Try to do VG when your healers and chronos are completely new to both class and role, and the rest of the players think at the start that 10k (on boss, not on golem) is good dps, and you will understand what i mean. Ah, also, overheal strat didn't exist yet then, and chronos weren't good enough for dependable distort share, so the group had to run greens.

That's the impact of the social factor here. You learn better in a group where most of the players are veterans that have this fight already mastered. Especially if the key roles are covered. A group consisting of new players without even a single veteran to help will progress much, much slower.

Yes. But everyone cal learn from veterans if they open some search engine and type in training discord. I did that when walking to the dentist. I know that learning by yourself is way harder so why not use the help some players (and highly skilled i may add) offer for free

Over the years I met a bunch of players who weren't able to succeed in "harder" stuff like dungeons, fractals & raids. These people didn't have any kind of diseases or anything related they just had their strengths in other areas. Still, they had and want to have things like legendary weapons and made huge effort getting them. Defeating raid and some fractal bosses in higher Tiers like 3 or 4 are a different level (for them). Heck, even dedicated and very fast jumping puzzle players weren't able to react and execute mechanics properly so the "they can/will learn thing" won't fit to everyone. And GW2 is a game that attracts such kind of players more than other MMOs which is totally fine as GW2 is sort of a harbour for them.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Yes. But everyone cal learn from veterans if they open some search engine and type in training discord. I did that when walking to the dentist. I know that learning by yourself is way harder so why not use the help some players (and highly skilled i may add) offer for freeLanguage barrier.

I totaly forget that. In my country basicaly everyone under 35 years speaks english. I havent relised that in some places english is not compolsoury in schools.

• 4 weeks later...

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

Why?

Because obviously he can't be bothered with doing it the way it is and wants it easier and use every thread, as opportunity to let his wish be known. Well, too bad. It isn't happening. On the topic on hand. A wonderful QoL change indeed. I never had problem at obtaining my rewards, however I can absolutely see how frustrating it would be to people that had that issue before.