Contesting while on Warclaw

banJelacic.4201

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non issue for most and non issue for all once the dismount skill is there. Other than that maybe try to not chase their tail and instead move unpredictably or use the fact that while you're there and they are running away they are wasting their time as well.

Besides yes, it is a valid point to say "ranged skills?" because I don't know a single build that is limited to their melee attack range?

@"Blocki.4931" said:Non issue for most and non issue for all once the dismount skill is there. Other than that maybe try to not chase their tail and instead move unpredictably or use the fact that while you're there and they are running away they are wasting their time as well.

Besides yes, it is a valid point to say "ranged skills?" because I don't know a single build that is limited to their melee attack range?

Oh gee idk? WARRIOR?

@"Blocki.4931" said:Non issue for most and non issue for all once the dismount skill is there. Other than that maybe try to not chase their tail and instead move unpredictably or use the fact that while you're there and they are running away they are wasting their time as well.

DD Tempest..I'm super keen for a dismount skill due to Tempest being the only class that gives me joy when playing it, it's my 2nd best reason to log in.. Friends being the first.Viper / Celestial build that can bounce between solo roaming/havok and zerging just by switching out DD for Staff but overall on both weapon sets my mediocre damage, cast times, class mechanics and most skills because they have some form of CC tied to them are completely worthless.

@bigo.9037 said:

Oh gee idk? WARRIOR?

You mean my main class with at least 4 dashes that deal a lot of damage? Just goes to show how bad people are at pathing.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"Hoon.1524" said:tl;dr... Playing the game the way I want is too hard ... please change it so I don't have to...

and you're just like "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" get real, man. Melee classes are screwed after mounts came to wvw and it has to change otherwise a big portion of players are helpless vs mounts.Ranged weapons are a thing. If you refuse to use them, that's entirely on you. Dismounting someone with ranged attacks in a capture circle isn't even
hard
, they're sitting ducks unable to leave the circle without ceding it to you and unable to harm you without dismounting themselves. Doubly so if you're inflicting conditions, since there's nothing a mounted player can do about them and they chew through the warclaw like it's made of paper.

@"bigo.9037" said:and you're just like "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" get real, man. Melee classes are screwed after mounts came to wvw and it has to change otherwise a big portion of players are helpless vs mounts.

I play warrior as well... so I don't get your argument... Please teach me...By your logic... If the enemy contesting without a mount, say a full bunker FB/Ranger/Scrapper/etc, that was just kiting you and healing forever cause they can (and likely can damage you back), would it actually be fair then? This isn't sPvP where you have to fight on the point to actually win the match... just mount up and go somewhere else...

@Hoon.1524 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:and you're just like "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" get real, man. Melee classes are screwed after mounts came to wvw and it has to change otherwise a big portion of players are helpless vs mounts.

I play warrior as well... so I don't get your argument... Please teach me...By your logic... If the enemy contesting without a mount, say a full bunker FB/Ranger/Scrapper/etc, that was just kiting you and healing forever cause they can (and likely can damage you back), would it actually be fair then? This isn't sPvP where you have to fight on the point to actually win the match... just mount up and go somewhere else...

At least they're putting themselves at risk by actually engaging in this scenario. You really don't see a difference between mount trolling capture points and a tanky class holding the point by staying alive?

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@"Hoon.1524" said:tl;dr... Playing the game the way I want is too hard ... please change it so I don't have to...

and you're just like "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" get real, man. Melee classes are screwed after mounts came to wvw and it has to change otherwise a big portion of players are helpless vs mounts.Ranged weapons are a thing. If you refuse to use them, that's entirely on you. Dismounting someone with ranged attacks in a capture circle isn't even
hard
, they're sitting ducks unable to leave the circle without ceding it to you and unable to harm you without dismounting themselves. Doubly so if you're inflicting conditions, since there's nothing a mounted player can do about them and they chew through the warclaw like it's made of paper.

Again. Warriors can't use ranged weapons. Longbow just isn't good enough to slot in. It has been that way for years..

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Non issue for most and non issue for all once the dismount skill is there. Other than that maybe try to not chase their tail and instead move unpredictably or use the fact that while you're there and they are running away they are wasting their time as well.

Oh gee idk? WARRIOR?

You mean my main class with at least 4 dashes that deal a lot of damage? Just goes to show how bad people are at pathing.

Let's see.. unless you wanna blow your elite rampage.. you have 1 "long" range dash utility... Are you using sword? Shield bash has a tiny range it's basically melee.. hmm.. gs#5? It's super slow and reeaalllyy easy to evade. Don't forget mount has 3 evades. It sounds more like someone has never done this to you, or those that tried were newbies and didn't know when to evade otherwise obvious skills.

Lol... Don't have ranged weapons... II love how someone with a Soulbeast icon is telling me how to Warrior...
I run zerker rifle... So I pop their mount, then pop them... then go along my way... if they're not 'newbies' that evaded my obvious skills, I wait till needed...

@Hoon.1524 said:Lol... Don't have ranged weapons... II love how someone with a Soulbeast icon is telling me how to Warrior...

I run zerker rifle... So I pop their mount, then pop them... then go along my way... if they're not 'newbies' that evaded my obvious skills, I wait till needed...

Rifle? Seriously?? You take rifle for the sole purpose of dismounting people? So if they evade your skills the first time.. use pillars in camps or just outrun you, continually evade most of your skills that would deal dmg to mount you would be totally fine with it?

I take rifle because it's fun for me... isn't that the reason you play ranger or engi, or w/e? Isn't that the reason we play the game? If I end up in a camp, i do what I do or die trying... I don't just stand there then complain on the forums that the mount is broken and needs to be changed... oh wait... I forgot... I'm a "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" kind of guy...

@"Hoon.1524" said:I take rifle because it's fun for me... isn't that the reason you play ranger or engi, or w/e? Isn't that the reason we play the game? If I end up in a camp, i do what I do or die trying... I don't just stand there then complain on the forums that the mount is broken and needs to be changed... oh wait... I forgot... I'm a "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" kind of guy...

Okay well clearly not everyone wants to play rifle. What are you gonna tell them? Suck it up? What I'm saying is if you happen to be playing a certain build that is NOT hindered by the mount it's very easy to say that people just need to adapt.I've mained ranger since I started playing. Am I gonna go tell everyone who doesn't have a longbow to "just adapt your play style and stop complaining" ?? No!

Just because I'm now more capable than other classes because I can reliably dismount people, doesn't mean that it's fair, good for the game, balanced and that the other players who don't like having to change their whole build just to be able to dismount people.

You see what I'm saying here??

@"Hoon.1524" said:You speak as if everyone is meant to have the same opportunities and advantages in the game... that's not balance or fair... that's entitlement sprinkled with "it's not fair and unhealthy for the game"...

I suppose it comes down to personal preference. I prefer that my PvP games require enemies to engage each other in order to contest a point. Given how new the mount is, I consider this an oversight to be fixed rather than intended consequence of the design. I suppose time will tell if the devs agree.

@"Hoon.1524" said:You speak as if everyone is meant to have the same opportunities and advantages in the game... that's not balance or fair... that's entitlement sprinkled with "it's not fair and unhealthy for the game"...

That's completely different. The fact that only 2 things can reliably dismount is simply a design flaw. Those two things being ranger RF and condi builds.

Imagine if only 1 player in spvp could actually cap points on each team.. that's kinda what is happening in wvw with mounts..