Next Rev Elite Spec Will be GS

Kamikazi.5380

Put it simply, we will get a new weapon to fill a void the class doesn’t have. What does the class have currently? Tl;dr at the bottom

✔️ Sword/sword: fast, agile power weapon set✔️ Hammer: long range power set✔️ Staff: Defensive/support weapon set✔️ Shield: Off hand defense set✔️Mace/axe: Condi melee set✔️Shortbow: long range condi set

What are we missing? A two handed power burst melee ranged weapon.

So what are Rev’s options? Let’s knock them off, the next elite spec will not be supportive or condi since we already got Glint and Renegade for those roles. It will have to be a power based build.

Mainhand axe: Will it be condi? We already have mainhand mace for that. Will it be power? We already have mainhand sword for that.

Focus: Already have shield for defense, would have to be compete with both condi and power core offhands to be usable with the mainhands

Warhorn: Glint already a support spec, Renegade arguably also

Torch: Would have to compete with axe, we already got a condi elite spec with Renegade

Offhand mace: Can’t be condi because we have Renegade, we already have our one handed power set

Longbow: Already got shortbow

Rifle: Already got hammer for long range dps

Pistol: Not aligned with Revenant theme

Torch: Already got our condi elite spec with Renegade, would compete with axe

Daggers: We literally already have an assassin spec, and sword sword fulfills this role

Scepter: Again wouldn’t be condi because we have Renegade, wouldn’t be power because it lacks synergy with Rev’s only two offhands

✔️Greatsword: Power based spec, would fulfill Revenant’s missing two handed melee damage based weapon. Wouldn’t clash with any synergy core offhands have.

Tl;dr: Next elite spec will be a selfish power based spec, because both Herald and Renegade are support the latter being condi. Revenant is missing a two handed power melee option, greatsword is the only likely candidate.

Remember this thread, see you in two years.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why would it be power mainhand axe? What would it possibly achieve that mainhand sword doesn’t? Would it be hybrid like offhand axe? Then that would mean the next elite spec would have some condi elements, but it’s unlikely as we just got Renegade which is used both by condi and power.

Thread is not misleading, by process of elimination the most likely weapon is GS.

The thread is misleading, Anet could do anything with any weapons. Like an axe is condi for some specs and power for another. Dont presume that some weapons will be condi only as possible choices.And so far it doesnt look like we get a third espec anytime soon with season 5 comming.

They absolutely could introduce two weapons at the same time. They functionally did that with spelbreaker, even though it was “the same” weapon (really it’s not though since it’s coded as both mainland and offhand).

I want scepter + focus. Shield is pure defense and healing, but that doesn’t mean focus can’t be defensive utility or damage. Scepter can fill the void for a one handed range power option with good power AoE.

Revenant is a flawed designed class in the get go. Should have had a few of those named as base weapons when they decided that the no weapon swap concept didnt work well for this class. The number of weapons was limited because of that, but we all know how that turned out. Ventari needs a real support stock weapon. Which should have been a baseline scepter and focus. Ranged dual daggers should have been a stock weapon as well like the alpha datamine leaks. Staff should have stayed a defensive weapon like the datamine.

Can always count on LucianDK to naysay the gs threads.

Anyways OP, some of your reasonings need refining. For example, short bow is not long distance, it’s short range.

However, your reasons for getting GS are pretty sound, although, I’d argue not as a power weapon but as a hybrid Condi/power weapon.

With Rev a very important thing is also what legend is tied to what weapon. GS really atm seems only some of those norn legendary mercenary like Svaard could possibly be one. Ofc Anet can just make up some random new ancient xxx person anytime.

Also can somehow make Balthazar make work too, would fit well the "Magical Warrior" description revs have with some fiery greatsword schenanigans.

@"HyperLooser.2698" said:With Rev a very important thing is also what legend is tied to what weapon. GS really atm seems only some of those norn legendary mercenary like Svaard could possibly be one. Ofc Anet can just make up some random new ancient xxx person anytime.

Also can somehow make Balthazar make work too, would fit well the "Magical Warrior" description revs have with some fiery greatsword schenanigans.

Which is exactly what the guardian is doing, just with axe.

@"HyperLooser.2698" said:With Rev a very important thing is also what legend is tied to what weapon. GS really atm seems only some of those norn legendary mercenary like Svaard could possibly be one. Ofc Anet can just make up some random new ancient xxx person anytime.

Which is exactly what the guardian is doing, just with axe.And I am naysaying gs threads because they are just trying to homogenize the classes and wanting to be edgelord. And I do have a twilight.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Which is exactly what the guardian is doing, just with axe.And I am naysaying gs threads because they are just trying to homogenize the classes and wanting to be edgelord. And I do have a twilight.

Guess you didn’t like GW1 then :D

Does double swords make you an edge lord too?

Also, I can one up you, I have Eternity. Guess what, I’ve transmuted it, lol.

Honestly, ANet could also just make Dagger/Dagger baseline with the current sword skills and add main hand sword for a S/x power build.

The inertia for Sword main hand is completely tied up in Rytlock being the "first" Revenant and needing to still use Sohothin. Doing the above still preserves this idea while honoring Shiro as a D/D assassin.

@"digitalruse.9085" said:Honestly, ANet could also just make Dagger/Dagger baseline with the current sword skills and add main hand sword for a S/x power build.

The inertia for Sword main hand is completely tied up in Rytlock being the "first" Revenant and needing to still use Sohothin. Doing the above still preserves this idea while honoring Shiro as a D/D assassin.

Shiro was sword sword, but GW1 didnt have that as a game mechanic so it was display alone.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Into greatness. Mesmers use Greatswords and mesmers are great. Greatswords make classes great.

No, they don't. I barely, if ever, use Greatsword for my Power Chrono unless I need non-projectile ranged and most times, I don't. Ranger? I prefer other weapons or condi. Guardian? Non-GS FB please or Sw/Focus + Longbow DH. Warrior? I already barely use Warrior, but D/D SB or Ax/Ax. Really, GS is not that great. Rev doesn't need it and I'd welcome something OTHER than that. Also, pistol doesn't fit them theme...lol. I can't even.

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Into greatness. Mesmers use Greatswords and mesmers are great. Greatswords make classes great.

No, they don't. I barely, if ever, use Greatsword for my Power Chrono unless I need non-projectile ranged and most times, I don't. Ranger? I prefer other weapons or condi. Guardian? Non-GS FB please or Sw/Focus + Longbow DH. Warrior? I already barely use Warrior, but D/D SB or Ax/Ax. Really, GS is not that great. Rev doesn't need it and I'd welcome something OTHER than that. Also, pistol doesn't fit them theme...lol. I can't even.

Name one class with a Greatsword and so happens to be a bad class. I will wait