Druids vs soulbeasts — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Druids vs soulbeasts

So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.
Ty

Answers

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2019

    Many ppl try out spirit druid as an alternative to firebrand support.
    The meta is fluid right now so nobody has a clue how good stuff is until it settles.

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Most people are trying out the new spirits to see how they work in PvP because they got a little rework in the March 5 balance patch.

    Karras The Engineer

  • Eurantien.4632Eurantien.4632 Member ✭✭✭

    Soulbeast is still superior to druid in PvP but with the meta shake up druid isn't terrible.

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    That is a really nice video. Cheers for your time and effort.

  • Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497 said:
    So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.
    Ty

    Pretty sure I'm the only person left that is seriously playing Druid in ranked and ATs. If you want to Druid, here is how you do it in 2019:

    hey man very fun looking build you actually convinced me to redownload gw2 since i got my pvp goals in destiny2. question though any thoughts on the upcomming balance changes? and i think I've qued against you in the past thats a hard build to fight

  • Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eleazar.9478 said:

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497 said:
    So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.
    Ty

    Pretty sure I'm the only person left that is seriously playing Druid in ranked and ATs. If you want to Druid, here is how you do it in 2019:

    hey man very fun looking build you actually convinced me to redownload gw2 since i got my pvp goals in destiny2. question though any thoughts on the upcomming balance changes? and i think I've qued against you in the past thats a hard build to fight

    Nothing will change in terms of the Druid build that you'd want to use. But due to the 20% reduction to Druid pet attributes, Druid will struggle with viability afterwards unfortunately. That's a large hit to the Druid's DPS department.

  • i want to try this build in pvp but what gear should i use in WvW roaming ?

    and is this build viable for fractal and open world ?

  • Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @blackjinx.4975 said:

    i want to try this build in pvp but what gear should i use in WvW roaming ?

    and is this build viable for fractal and open world ?

    For end-game pve, you want to set a Druid up like this -> https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/ranger/druid/heal/ Its meta role is a team support for T4 Fractals/Raids. For open world or DPS options in general, you should be using Soulbeast.

    For wvw, I also suggest using Soulbeast LB/GS setups that utilize Eagle and the GS3 double swoop for the greatest mobility & highest DPS possible. You can run cheap Berserker/Scholar setups, and be one of the current most effective roam builds. If you insist on running a Druid for roaming, there is a slightly alternative Druid build that you would want to use:

    Wilderness: 1 2 2
    Nature: 1 3 2
    Druid: 1 1 2

    Staff: Energy & Geomancy
    Axe/Warhorn: Energy & Geomancy
    Harrier or Plaguedoctor stats & Mad King Runes

    6 - Troll Unguent
    7 - Quick Zephyr
    8 - Sig of Stone
    9 - Lightning Reflex
    0 - Entangle

    Pet 1: Electric Wyvern
    Pet 2: Bristleback

    Why Mad King Rune? Well for actual DPS oriented builds, something like Scholar is going to add much more damage. For low DPS builds that don't have the attributes to be amplified by something like Scholar, Mad King Rune surprisingly adds a lot of damage. So the Druid keeps itself stacked to 25 might easily right. This makes the bleeds off Axe 2 Splitblade and Entangle dangerous. Mad King adds +45% to bleed duration, which is a lot of damage boost. Then each time Entangle is used, the #6 bonus on Mad King activates, where the birds come down in an AoE and attack anything in the radius. Most people aren't aware that the #6 bonus off Mad King functions exactly as the Ranger Warhorn 4 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter's_Call There is a lot of damage to land here with: Quick Zephyr - Warhorn 4 - Bristleback F2 - Entangle w/ Birds - Axe 2 - Axe 3. For a sustainy Druid, this build packs a lot of mid-ranged DPS and is capable of 1vXing n wvw due to it.

  • @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497 said:
    So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.
    Ty

    Pretty sure I'm the only person left that is seriously playing Druid in ranked and ATs. If you want to Druid, here is how you do it in 2019:

    I watched your entire video and I really wanna thank you (and everyone involved in the video) for your time and effort. It was easy to understand and it is very informative. I especially like the part where you show gameplay vs. the current meta builds - it was very interesting to watch and it felt like the video was barely 10 minutes long even though it is almost reached 40 minutes.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.