Please make raids 5 man

There is a huge issue in getting into raids for most players. Raids have declining participation rates that will only get lower as more and more people make these things exclusive. People are very rude and disrespectful to others in raids.

Pro's:-Easier to fill-More people doing them-As a single person,you contribute 20% to the groups performance instead of 10%-Less people you have to "herd" as a leader

Con's:-Slightly less interesting mechanics

There's really not many cons. The 10 man thing doesn't make raids feel more "epic" or "huge" or anything, it's just an arbitrary number that causes a much bigger barrier of entry for absolutely no reason.

The games combat does't even support raids, as boons started out at 5 people max. You've already started rebalancing entire specs and classes around giving boons to 10 people due to raids, instead of just making raids 5man.

Please re-examine raids player requirement and think of if the pro's outweigh the cons for 5 man vs10 man, anet.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I don't think that the number of players for raids needs to be changed. As others have stated there is already 5 man instanced content. However there has been a growing amount of toxicity in this game across all game modes compared to when I first started playing. I think that's what needs to be addressed. They could start by facilitating cooperation and diversity more. When it comes to raids the issue seems to be (at least to me) some people want to run a meta composition but others just want to have fun and play the profession they like.

I get that raids are suppose to be hardcore content but no matter how you market it this is a game built around casual play. Having the 'meta' zone out entire professions or force people to play something they don't enjoy isn't good. A quick and dirty fix might be to give each profession a unique 10 man passive buff that doesn't stack that is only provided in raids. This would probably still result in some professions getting optimized out of the meta. Another solution could be to increase the reward per unique profession in the squad. Also, this presents its issues. None of these idea's I'm saying are best but I'm just trying to provide some ideas centered around what I think the issue is.

• Sad 1

@"Shiyo.3578" said:There is a huge issue in getting into raids for most players.Sure, they are intended to be challenging group content. Why does it surprise anyone that skill and time are issues?

Raids have declining participation ratesEverything in the game has declining participation rates. That's par for all MMOs. The question is whether raid participation is declining faster than anything else.Spoiler alert: we don't know; we don't have the data to estimate.

more and more people make these things exclusive.Again, also par for MMOs. Experienced players aren't coaches; they don't want to spend hours on something that they know can be done in minutes.

People are very rude and disrespectful to others in raids.Some people are rude; that has nothing to do with raiding. If you peruse these very forums, you'll find that people encounter rudeness everywhere.

There's really not many cons.There are any number of cons that you haven't considered, not the least of which is that existing raids and rewards would have to be revamped, a massive expense with little justification.

The 10 man thing doesn't make raids feel more "epic" or "huge" or anything, it's just an arbitrary number that causes a much bigger barrier of entry for absolutely no reason.If you have trouble articulating the reason or understanding why 10-person content does feel more epic to many people, it's going to be rough going convincing ANet to change their minds.

Please re-examine raids player requirement and think of if the pro's outweigh the cons for 5 man vs10 man, anet.How about re-examine the existing 5-person content and explain why that isn't enough.

@sigur.9453 said:I think you'd enjoy dungeons and fractals. Raids are clearly not your content. Sincerely a rude and disrespectful person.

lol dude. I've done raids in this game and raided in other MMO's that are massively more difficult than this games raids will ever be and consistently cleared them in every game(including this).

I don't like raids, but I think the current state of raids is incredibly unhealthy for this games player base.

• Like 1

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@sigur.9453 said:I think you'd enjoy dungeons and fractals. Raids are clearly not your content. Sincerely a rude and disrespectful person.

lol dude. I've done raids in this game and raided in other MMO's that are massively more difficult than this games raids will ever be and consistently cleared them in every game(including this).I don't like raids, but I think the current state of raids is incredibly unhealthy for this games player base.

This explains a lot about the OP's perspective on "challenging" and "group" content.

wow man nice ad hoimem attacks really adding a lot to this conversation!

This explains a lot about the OP's perspective on "challenging" and "group" content.

wow man nice ad hoimem attacks really adding a lot to this conversation!

You stated specifically that you think that the raid team, dedicated to producing challenging group content, would be better suited to spend time on challenging individual nostalgia content. Taking your comment at face value, makes it easier to understand why you interpret the situation as "raids aren't popular" rather than as that you simply dislike how ANet views raids.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

lol dude. I've done raids in this game and raided in other MMO's that are massively more difficult than this games raids will ever be and consistently cleared them in every game(including this).

I don't like raids, but I think the current state of raids is incredibly unhealthy for this games player base.

I don't know how and why you bring difficultly into this now.So have I, whatever, raids are still the most fun content for me in gw2.Raids are exactly for the people that like.. You guessed it... Raids. This game luckily offers content for everyone's needs.I do not know what mental gymnastics you made with analysing that raids are unhealthy for this games playerbase. on the contrary, a lot of ppl would NOT play this game if it wasn't for raids.If your greatest concern is a part of pve that gets updated once a year, you must be having the time of you life anyway.

• Like 1

@dodgerrule.8739 said:Just have it to where raids difficulty scales to 5 players or more.

Fractals are the most fun content in the game dude.

There are already fractals in this game for five players as you’ve indicated that you’re aware of their existence. Raids are meant for 10 players just like how fractals are meant for 5 players instead of 1.

• Sad 1

@dodgerrule.8739 said:The toxicity of raid groups is held within the people themselves only letting those with the best experience in. Those who want to get into raids simply cannot due to this reason.

That’s not toxicity. If that’s toxic behavior then every company that has jobs with requirements in order to be hired must be toxic.

Those that want to get into raids can create their own groups with their own requirements (or lack of requirements).

@dodgerrule.8739 said:The toxicity of raid groups is held within the people themselves only letting those with the best experience in. Those who want to get into raids simply cannot due to this reason.

Of course they can. They can join training raids via lfg, via discords and via other communities. There are many ways to get into raiding of course the fastest way a.k.a. getting a free carry wouldn't be handed out so easily.

and this surprises you? that people seek equally skilled playes to pay with? the toxcity is those who fail to understand this. you want to force yourself in a good group, and get carried by better players.those same players that had to learn the whole mechanics from scratch with trial and error

effort of those players, that you now spit on

effort of those players that you want to skip because you somehow feel better then others, as you have no need for some basic practice and insight

@dodgerrule.8739 said:Except that there are no chances for people to learn even in training groups people exclude anyone

an you know this because?

You have tried joining:

• training discords?
  • guilds which do training raids?
  • PUG training raids?

Probably not or else you wouldn't write such nonsense.

EDIT: I responded to fast and you added something, so let me address the second part of your statement. If the training groups demand more than you can provide, then those are not training groups for you to join. There is 0 requirement trainings constantly, just maybe not in the LFG channel constantly.