Disengagement

Psycoprophet.8107

Love the revanant (herald) class and find it really enjoyable in wvw but having a hard time disengaging when being focused by multiple players and no hope of winning/surviving the fight. U kno rev has ports that need enemy or non friendly targets with sword and staff 5 gains u some distance but they are very undependable for the purpose of escaping. I'm not asking or saying rev needs more disengagement skills at all just wondering what the long time rev players do if they need to escape situations that are dire for them?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Love the revanant (herald) class and find it really enjoyable in wvw but having a hard time disengaging when being focused by multiple players and no hope of winning/surviving the fight. U kno rev has ports that need enemy or non friendly targets with sword and staff 5 gains u some distance but they are very undependable for the purpose of escaping. I'm not asking or saying rev needs more disengagement skills at all just wondering what the long time rev players do if they need to escape situations that are dire for them?

Not a long time Rev player but Shiro is what I use to escape. First I'll use Reposting Shadows to break stuns and clear any movement impairing condi. Then I'll switch to staff and and walk away while blocking, then use staff 5, and after that pop impossible odds to get super speed. If I run out of energy, I'll swap to Glint and use the ultimate for more super speed.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Love the revanant (herald) class and find it really enjoyable in wvw but having a hard time disengaging when being focused by multiple players and no hope of winning/surviving the fight. U kno rev has ports that need enemy or non friendly targets with sword and staff 5 gains u some distance but they are very undependable for the purpose of escaping. I'm not asking or saying rev needs more disengagement skills at all just wondering what the long time rev players do if they need to escape situations that are dire for them?

Not a long time Rev player but Shiro is what I use to escape. First I'll use Reposting Shadows to break stuns and clear any movement impairing condi. Then I'll switch to staff and and walk away while blocking, then use staff 5, and after that pop impossible odds to get super speed. If I run out of energy, I'll swap to Glint and use the ultimate for more super speed.

Thanks for the tips. I'm still in the process of getting all the skills trained to muscle memory,wvw is fun during this process lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Thanks for the tips. I'm still in the process of getting all the skills trained to muscle memory,wvw is fun during this process lol

Me too. I've been doing GvG with Herald and it's a lot of fun to bomb people with hammer. I've been practicing more small scale pvp in the sPvP arena, it's not been going well. xD

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Me too. I've been doing GvG with Herald and it's a lot of fun to bomb people with hammer. I've been practicing more small scale pvp in the sPvP arena, it's not been going well. xD

Yeah dont feel bad I would get destroyed in pvp right now lol but more experienced people are doing well with rev in pvp si atleast we hopefully have that to look forward to with some practice:)

Aside from knowing your skills, it's also important to be aware of your surrounding and not focused too much on the fight - once you noticed a zerg or group of enemies, kite and prepare your energy to get away. Also it's good to know where the ambient creatures are, where the targets you can Phase to (which is your most effective escaping skill if usable) are, things like that.

As for the skills, phase, IE, staff 5, and riposting shadows are your best friends. Staff 3 can also be used to walk away safely, and if you have Facet of Chaos available you can use the consume skill to get superspeed too. Also you can activate the CC while walking away and turn around at the last second to CC people right behind you, then turn around again and run away with superspeed - although I don't recommend this too much, it's more useful when kiting to surprise your opponents.

Both phase traversal and sword 5 are shadowsteps allowing you to teleport through the walls or on them. If there is any bridge or other high ground you can teleport to just mark something quickly, jump down and teleport back after they chased you all the way down. Helped me escape some angry blobs sometimes, not much you can do if they got semi-competent thief or mesmer however. But again revenant isnt your boon up, stealth and jump ahead for days profession. I mean, there is a reason our bunker builds are worst out there because of how poorly rev can withstand focus

Don't underrate upkeeping Impossible Odds when you know your opponent has burned their ports or some gap closers. The superspeed can be kept up long enough to usually get staff 3/5 or sword 5 off cooldown. Of course if you have a valid target, go for the phase, and abuse terrain so that you bypass a hill or even end up on the top of the bridge. That takes map knowledge of course as well as a good sense of what exactly 1200 range is and where you're going to end up. Riposting Shadows is something that I use more as a directional change than a true escape tool.

If stuck in Glint, drop Elemental Blast behind you, put Facet of Light on passive, and use Facet of Chaos to give you the superspeed that will keep you going until legend swap is off cooldown.

If I'm solo, I usually call target on an ambient critter in the area, so I can quickly target it for PT/sw5... If you can get off a PT and still have the energy to maintain impossible odds for a few seconds, nobody will generally be able to catch you before you can drop combat to mount up/waypoint out.

Obviously this only confuses/gets messed up by people if you're in a group tho. :bleep_bloop: