Since now WvW is an EotM style ktrain...

Shadow Order.7258

@Klipso.8653 said:

@Shadow Order.7258 said:Since now WvW is an EotM style ktrain...What changed last week compared to last year? Since 2012,

Doors and walls no longer have resistance to siege after being upgraded

And so? ANet's made all sorts of changes and people always complain afterward, then weeks later, it turns out that some people are happy that there are more fights, some despair of defense or offense, some complain about those too focused on PPT, some about k-training.Take a look at all the posts made since the Warclaw was announced.

So again, what's fundamentally different about the diversity of playstyles that are found in WvW that makes it worth ANet's time to use the overflow maps for regular WvW?

Nothing is stopping the OP from working on EotM achievements.

Put another way, if WvW is really as borked as the OP claims, then isn't the best use of ANet's time to tweak doors & walls and/or siege instead?

You guys make light of the complaining, but the underlining problem is people actually leave when changes they absolutely don't like are implemented.Wvw isn't exactly swimming with a ton of new players after the mounts have been in for more than a month now.So make fun of the people venting their frustration I guess, it isn't exactly helping the continued population decline either way.

@XenesisII.1540 said:You guys make light of the complaining, but the underlining problem is people actually leave when changes they absolutely don't like are implemented.Wvw isn't exactly swimming with a ton of new players after the mounts have been in for more than a month now.So make fun of the people venting their frustration I guess, it isn't exactly helping the continued population decline either way.

There are only 2 games with active RvsR populations atm, and this is one of them. It's not like theres a ton of competition for this type of play, what they need is to stop pushing a PvE story that only gets updated 4 times per year and put their advertising and focus on a mode where they own half the market.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You guys make light of the complaining, but the underlining problem is people actually leave when changes they absolutely don't like are implemented.Wvw isn't exactly swimming with a ton of new players after the mounts have been in for more than a month now.So make fun of the people venting their frustration I guess, it isn't exactly helping the continued population decline either way.

I think only Anet really knows the in/out statistics of player population. To be fair, I'm pretty sure a lot of people who came into the mode just for the Warclaw are actually gonna stick around at least for a little while. I'm not saying there is no population decline at all, I'm just saying neither of us really know that.

What we do perceive is that the vocal group is always the one who feels wronged about something or that wants to complain about something, which is pretty much natural and expected. Those enjoying WvW do not come here as often to praise, as much as the ones who are tired of it. And if you have rank 1000+ and all that, frankly you've got your money's worth several times over and it makes sense that you'd be tired of the mode no matter what Anet does.

All in all, WvW has apparently been stable for years in spite of all our naysayers (and I've been one in-game for a long time too). Guilds may leave and experienced commanders get tired, but if we're still having talks about the mode such as "it's a massive k-train ride" that means there's still at least some folks to go around, enough that the OP even feels like he can't do other things he wants because a large portion of people want to k-train exclusively (which I doubt but I don't know his server and other conditions).

As the game matures some population drop in every mode is inevitable, and personally I think Anet is moving forward pretty well, considering all the time it has been since release. World restructuring is also still in development and that will probably bring in new people as well. Most importantly, I think Anet is going to better streamline their development cycle, including WvW, after the unfortunate events they've been through lately. And even if they keep making changes that everyone hates [in forums], I think it'll be healthy that people perceive the mode as something always going through updates and improvements (unlike now, but as I said, I think now is pretty stable for what it is).

@"XenesisII.1540" said:You guys make light of the complaining, but the underlining problem is people actually leave when changes they absolutely don't like are implemented.Wvw isn't exactly swimming with a ton of new players after the mounts have been in for more than a month now.So make fun of the people venting their frustration I guess, it isn't exactly helping the continued population decline either way.

No need to defend. Those who want this are all those "fight" guild. In fact I see one of the ones saying I'm crying as being in, from what I remember, a pretty large BG guild. The exact type of player who wants nothing but numbers to matter.

I am not surprised that the people who unironically "defend" objectives and care about PPT when winning means absolutely nothing, are the same people who come to the forums to complain about an insignificant change that slightly inconveniences their style of play which has been catered to (in the form of shield gens, hardened walls/gates, structural invulnerability, tactivators) since the dawn of WvW. Please stop making these threads.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

No need to defend. Those who want this are all those "fight" guild. In fact I see one of the ones saying I'm crying as being in, from what I remember, a pretty large BG guild. The exact type of player who wants nothing but numbers to matter.

So, the meme gets thrown out again. Lol

@"Shadow Order.7258" said:Those who want this are all those "fight" guild.Kitten no. I scoff at fight guilds, but they didnt have any logistical problems with dumping down 8 guild catas in 10 seconds and melt a wall if they really wanted. Which most dont, but thats another matter.

People that wanted this is smallscale, havoc and pug zergs far less than 50+. Keeping the tiers lower and easier to cap maintain the momentum for these groups and allow them to fight in upgraded objectives as well.

Because upgraded keeps have such a dominating presence there was rarely any point in even trying to attack them. And when you did, the armor effectivly halved the cost to repair T3 over T0 relative to the siege cost.

since scouting, roaming, and defense aren't important anymore.

Wow. So much wrong in so little room. Defenses are still important. If anything, I think scouts have become more important. It is easier to flip objective, but usually this primarily is true for non-defended objective. I've also seen quite effective ganking groups still being around despite the warclaw. (and remember, we might still expect a dismount trap and a mount skill to force-dismount someone else)

If your scouts report movement of the enemy zerg quickly and precisely, the defenders can react, rush into the objective, often barely in time and defend it. Or maybe decide not to, and instead put pressure on the enemy by opening their garrison.IF a number of defenders are already present, siege present is still imporant to slow down the enemy.

I think this objective-based offense and defense is going to become more important if improved rewards for flipping higher-tier objectives, as well as better rewards for defending hier tier objective are rolled out. I'm looking forward to these changes, because IMO the fights around objectives enhances the game mode. FIghting the enemy zerg for the sake of fighting the enemy zerg can be fun at times, but it can get boring quickly. I think the WvW mode as a whole is more fun, if you have a mixture of activities: Flip and defend objective, try to predict enemy movements, decide where to fight and where not to fight the enemy.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Shadow Order.7258 said:Since now WvW is an EotM style ktrain...What changed last week compared to last year?

Outrage culture. People today are in a mad dash to earn offended XP as quickly as possible.

Yep, had a team chat rager complain for over an hour that our group(<30) didn't break off from one of the few decently close fights we got that night to defend a paper hills that wasn't called until inner was below 50%. Map was queued, so there had to be a larger number of server mates that could have responded, but it was OUR fault the keep was lost.

@"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:I am not surprised that the people who unironically "defend" objectives and care about PPT when winning means absolutely nothing, are the same people who come to the forums to complain about an insignificant change that slightly inconveniences their style of play which has been catered to (in the form of shield gens, hardened walls/gates, structural invulnerability, tactivators) since the dawn of WvW. Please stop making these threads.

We won... BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN??? nothing.. sigh.. we wasted our time winning for nothing!! Ahhh!

Jokes aside people always want to win because humans. And if the gameplay is fun.. then ofc you'd wanna try to win. I don't care too much about winning or losing but I still think the game is fun and I try to do what I can for my server either way.

@"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:I am not surprised that the people who unironically "defend" objectives and care about PPT when winning means absolutely nothing, are the same people who come to the forums to complain about an insignificant change that slightly inconveniences their style of play which has been catered to (in the form of shield gens, hardened walls/gates, structural invulnerability, tactivators) since the dawn of WvW. Please stop making these threads.

+1

These guys wanna sit in their tower and or keep and shower you with ac's. Just learn how to fight and you can actually defend ez pz it's not hard at all

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@Shadow Order.7258 said:Since now WvW is an EotM style ktrain...What changed last week compared to last year?

Outrage culture. People today are in a mad dash to earn offended XP as quickly as possible.

Yep, had a team chat rager complain for over an hour that our group(<30) didn't break off from one of the few decently close fights we got that night to defend a paper hills that wasn't called until inner was below 50%. Map was queued, so there had to be a larger number of server mates that could have responded, but it was OUR fault the keep was lost.

Thought such things only happen on German servers :P

btt : No!