Please make raids 5 man

@OPAs much as i don't really like the fact Anet introduced challenging 10-man in the first place, i don't think that change would be a good idea now. There are a few cons you're not mentioning here. One is the unavoidable difficulty change. Either you keep individual difficulty the same, thus making the encounter easier, or, more likely, raiders would insist on retaining overall encounter difficulty, which would cause the individual difficulty to soar. The former i might agree with, but would probably make the intended target group of players unhappy. The latter on the other hand would end up actually lowering the pool of raiders even more, due to significantly raising the difficulty bar.Another con is the dev time used - redoing all encounters and changing mechanics to fit the 5-man groups is not trivial, and would likely require a lot of effort. Additionally, The change you ask for isn't really aimed at increasing the number of raiders, merely at making the life of the current raiders easier by requiring less players in a group. Thus, i don't think you can justify sinking a lot of effort that could be better used elsewhere, for a mode that already is suffering through population problems, when said effort can only slow the decline, but cannot help reverse it.

Basically, too much effort for too little gain.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"dodgerrule.8739" said:Except that there are no chances for people to learn even in training groups people exclude anyone

There are which have already been mentioned.

1) Look for training groups2) Create your own3) Join one that doesn’t have experience requirementsThis is the only MMO on the planet with """""""""""""Training groups""""""""""""""".

It's also the MMO with the easiest raids in the entire genre. Training groups are a sick joke and need to stop being suggested.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"dodgerrule.8739" said:Except that there are no chances for people to learn even in training groups people exclude anyone

1) Look for training groups2) Create your own3) Join one that doesn’t have experience requirementsThis is the only MMO on the planet with """""""""""""Training groups""""""""""""""".

It's also the MMO with the easiest raids in the entire genre. Training groups are a sick joke and need to stop being suggested.

Just because they’re the easiest according to you does not mean that training groups are any less needed.

I think that if you change raids to 5-man very jigh percentahe of raiders would quit. I hope you relise that there are players that play raids and not fractals because they enjoy 10 man squads more.

In my guild there is 500 players, some are inactive for more then 2 months (we clear those whenever space for new players is needed)Out of these 500 players 20 raid with our guild and another 15 raid oitside of the guild and those are the onse I know of. Thaf is 7 percent of players in our guild. There are some raiders there that doesnt do anything else in gw2 then raids, there are players that fullclears multiple times per week but there are also players that just started. I will ask in my guild how many out of these players would quit and how many of new players would join and post the results here but i know at least one would stop playing.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:I thought their new fractals already included several raid mechanics and it's already the direction they're taking?

Can we please stop labeling mechanics you have to do instead of ignoring everything and just smash the boss as 'raid mechanics'? Only because people prefer facetanking everything and collecting their loot mechanics don't become magically more difficult when you have to execute them.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Yes, this is also the only MMO on the planet where you can do the entire story, open world and general non challenging regular content by simply pressing 1.

When you have this casual of a basic approach and 0 practice on how to play your class, then training groups become a necessity.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Yes, this is also the only MMO on the planet where you can do the entire story, open world and general non challenging regular content by simply pressing 1.

When you have this casual of a basic approach and 0 practice on how to play your class, then training groups become a necessity.Additionally, it's not like in other MMOs players don't train, or don't make training groups. They just don't make training
guilds
. And that has nothing to do with GW2 difficulty, but a lot with GW2 multiple guilds system. You simply don't create (or join) training guilds when players can only be in one guild at a time. Training groups however aren't so uncommon as @Shiyo.3578 seems to think.

(in other words, it's not good to make such absolute statements like "the only MMO on the planet with X", if one doesn't really have any idea about the subject)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

When you have this casual of a basic approach and 0 practice on how to play your class, then training groups become a necessity.Additionally, it's not like in other MMOs players don't train, or don't make training groups. They just don't make training
guilds
. And that has nothing to do with GW2 difficulty, but a lot with GW2 multiple guilds system. You simply don't create (or join) training guilds when players can only be in one guild at a time. Training groups however aren't so uncommon as @Shiyo.3578 seems to think.

(in other words, it's not good to make such absolute statements like "the only MMO on the planet with X", if one doesn't really have any idea about the subject)

Fully agreed.

@MUDse.7623 said:id prefer they add challanging/rewarding solo content, so that players will improve past the pressing 1 for openworld/story to have an easier time getting into challanging group content.

they tried that with pof hero points (and some in hot) they can't even solo kill a hero point veteran

first map, crystal oasis, daily shout-outs for the 3 hero points that you need to score a kill, that alone says it no

core map (1-80) should have been what pof is open-world wise. hard, and unforgiving. once you get used to it, a walk in the park

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Yes, this is also the only MMO on the planet where you can do the entire story, open world and general non challenging regular content by simply pressing 1.

When you have this casual of a basic approach and 0 practice on how to play your class, then training groups become a necessity.

This MMO has the hardest open world on the market atm. Every other MMO I cannot die open world no matter what, it's very easy to die open world in this game.

It also has the hardest solo story missions. I cannot fail or die in other MMO's solo story but I can easily die in this games against the bosses.

"""""""""""Training groups""""""""""" are absolutely not needed for ANY raid boss in this game. A basic normal human being will learn every bosses mechanics in 2 pulls MAX.

Notice how there wasn't 5 man dungeon training groups and have never been fractal ones? Training groups are insulting to a normal video game/mmo player.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Yes, this is also the only MMO on the planet where you can do the entire story, open world and general non challenging regular content by simply pressing 1.

This MMO has the hardest open world on the market atm. Every other MMO I cannot die open world no matter what, it's very easy to die open world in this game.

It also has the hardest solo story missions. I cannot fail or die in other MMO's solo story but I can easily die in this games against the bosses.

"""""""""""Training groups""""""""""" are absolutely not needed for ANY raid boss in this game. A basic normal human being will learn every bosses mechanics in 2 pulls MAX.

Notice how there wasn't 5 man dungeon training groups and have never been fractal ones? Training groups are insulting to a normal video game/mmo player.

there, the proof has been delivered

claiming to have played raids, and in more difficult games..can't survive open world..

goodluck joining dhuum or qadim, without knowing mechanics. see what the outcome will be (you getting the kick)

did you also not notice the "zerk war/ele/mesmer exp only" dungeon parties? they were very frequent, if not allways like thatdid you also not notice the cm training groups?

and regular fractals do not need training because they explain themself, and the difficulty gets increased evey tier up

I would not be against a scaled down 'story mode' for raids that can be played in a smaller party size as easily as the Wintersday raid, and that has symbolic rewards with very tiny chances of getting tradable rewards, but no raid currency, account bound rewards, guild decorations or LI. So players with less skill or time to play the raids can check out the story in-game with their own characters.

But raids were designed for parties of 10. They have been already sold to players as such. Such a change would have too much of a negative impact. And the reduced party size would basically mean they are no longer raids, but just more dungeons.