DuoQ is out of control. This is NOT acceptable

Fortus.6175

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Lol I went back in the recordings for my now-deleted twitch vods and found some really good examples of me stalemating/winning 1v3+'s all game on a neutral node and my team still can't manage to cap a single point elsewhere on the map.

I will upload it to youtube if you or anyone else is interested in watching it.

I'd like to see them, if only for a point of reference.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"mrauls.6519" said:I didn't want duo queue back, but I know a lot of people did... The solution to fighting duo queue isn't to duo queue yourself. Most people that duo queue aren't even that strong together and won't hold a candle to a strong duo queue. At least with solo queue the chances of 2 strong people being on the same team was low... I felt like it was more balanced in that aspect. "Fun wise" I get why people like playing with their friends. My thoughts now? Combine NA & EU PvP and create 2 separate leaderboards - one for duo queue & one for solo queue

lol

6v6 or 4v4 :)

@shadowpass.4236 said:For PvE players, imagine this. You can only que alone. Some people complained that's it's not fair for groups of PvE players to clear -insert group-based PvE content here- (raid wing/fractal/etc. etc.) in under X minutes. As a result, Anet made them solo que only. Now, whether or not you'll successfully be able to win is by relying on a team of completely random people.

What would happen? The gamemode would die and those who stayed would be constantly frustrated. This is what happened in PvP. However, instead of the entire population suffering from this, it was only people who worked hard enough to get above 1600 rating.

The result? Good players got rewarded by being unable to play with friends. And, instead of us bringing players into the game to play with, we would simply find another one entirely.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:As a community we cried about forced solo Q and voted to bring Duo Q back

All is vain

Only the try hards want duo queue to farm lower rated player.

Can't really write off over half of the population as all being tryhards. I doubt there's more than 25 players in GW2 PvP who are hitting the off-peak hour duo Q's, queue dodging, and playing noob-farmer classes who would be accurately considered tryhards. Over 50% thought duo queue was a good idea, so in a word, no. Casuals want to play with a friend too, and do.

What? Duo queue lost last time I checked. At best it was neck and neck.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:What? Duo queue lost last time I checked. At best it was neck and neck.

When duo queue was reinstated it wasn't due to an insignificant minority wanting it, so I stand by what I said. It actually does not matter what the latest unofficial poll says. Let's not kid ourselves here, it just flip flops between 45%-55% favor perpetually, and every season we see either threads saying: "Save PvP by removing Duo Queue" or Save PvP by bringing back Duo Queue!".

Put it this way, PvP isn't going to get any better if ArenaNet keeps flicking one switch from the ON to the OFF position on repeat (Duo Queue).

@"mrauls.6519" said:I didn't want duo queue back, but I know a lot of people did... The solution to fighting duo queue isn't to duo queue yourself. Most people that duo queue aren't even that strong together and won't hold a candle to a strong duo queue. At least with solo queue the chances of 2 strong people being on the same team was low... I felt like it was more balanced in that aspect. "Fun wise" I get why people like playing with their friends. My thoughts now? Combine NA & EU PvP and create 2 separate leaderboards - one for duo queue & one for solo queue

lol

This is probably actually the best idea I've seen in this forum in a long time. Although it could be viewed as a band-aid fix in the long run, what we really is just larger margins of population from low to high rated players so the match maker can do its job again.

I don't know about the experience of other players, but I don't seem to get any better or worse lag when in EU than I do on NA. My ISP is located in SW Michigan. It SAYS ping wise that I should be getting worse lag in EU but it doesn't feel that way at all.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:I didn't want duo queue back, but I know a lot of people did... The solution to fighting duo queue isn't to duo queue yourself. Most people that duo queue aren't even that strong together and won't hold a candle to a strong duo queue. At least with solo queue the chances of 2 strong people being on the same team was low... I felt like it was more balanced in that aspect. "Fun wise" I get why people like playing with their friends. My thoughts now?
Combine NA & EU PvP
and create 2 separate leaderboards - one for duo queue & one for solo queue

lol

This is probably actually the best idea I've seen in this forum in a long time. Although it could be viewed as a band-aid fix in the long run, what we really is just larger margins of population from low to high rated players so the match maker can do its job again.

I don't know about the experience of other players, but I don't seem to get any better or worse lag when in EU than I do on NA. My ISP is located in SW Michigan. It SAYS ping wise that I should be getting worse lag in EU but it doesn't feel that way at all.

ANET tried combining queues to increase population, when they merged Team Arena and Solo Arena. That has led to many of the problems wee currently have, including duo queues stomping solos.

This is really not a good plan.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:As a community we cried about forced solo Q and voted to bring Duo Q back

All is vain

Can't really write off over half of the population as all being tryhards. I doubt there's more than 25 players in GW2 PvP who are hitting the off-peak hour duo Q's, queue dodging, and playing noob-farmer classes who would be accurately considered tryhards. Over 50% thought duo queue was a good idea, so in a word, no. Casuals want to play with a friend too, and do.

The vote was very close.

I have not known or met anyone who duo queued "for fun." Duo queue is a method of taking advantage of the system, full stop.

I duo q for fun. I don't always duo q but when the 2 ppl I duo with r on I do it. Epic saves and last min match's I get to talk about with a friend is what makes it more fun

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

All is vain

The vote was very close.

I have not known or met anyone who duo queued "for fun." Duo queue is a method of taking advantage of the system, full stop.

I duo q for fun. I don't always duo q but when the 2 ppl I duo with r on I do it. Epic saves and last min match's I get to talk about with a friend is what makes it more fun