[WvW] Suggestion Make EotM a battleground

spectrito.8513

I mean, the more I think about it, a "battleground" in GW2 would just be a Conquest map for more than 5v5. If anything, I could see them creating a 10v10 or maybe even 20v20 Conquest map, but that would end up in sPvP mode as that mode already has a queueing up system and instanced fights.... :disappointed:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I mean, the more I think about it, a "battleground" in GW2 would just be a Conquest map for more than 5v5. If anything, I could see them creating a 10v10 or maybe even 20v20 Conquest map, but that would end up in sPvP mode as that mode already has a queueing up system and instanced fights.... :disappointed:

I like it, could be a good start for a GvG scene for one ;)

@joneirikb.7506 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I mean, the more I think about it, a "battleground" in GW2 would just be a Conquest map for more than 5v5. If anything, I could see them creating a 10v10 or maybe even 20v20 Conquest map, but that would end up in sPvP mode as that mode already has a queueing up system and instanced fights.... :disappointed:

I like it, could be a good start for a GvG scene for one ;)

Sure, but it would also work (in my thoughts anyways) with the sPvP amulet system and stat split, which might be a deterrent to some.

For me, the only reason I haven't tried sPvP is I don't care much for arena fighting, and would rather participate in large scale combat. If sPvP did offer a 10v10 or 20v20, along with the ability to queue up as a squad so you can play with friends/guilds, I would totally give it a try.

@spectrito.8513 said:You already have the map and is running dead for years.People want to PvP but they just cant in WvW right nowJust small changes and introduce something like battlegrounds in wow.For example Eye of the storm battleground. EotM already looks like itWithout mounts, please.

Why can't they PvP in WvW right now? I PvP in WvW every single night, and have for years.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:You already have the map and is running dead for years.
People want to PvP but they just cant in WvW right now
Just small changes and introduce something like battlegrounds in wow.For example Eye of the storm battleground. EotM already looks like itWithout mounts, please.

Why can't they PvP in WvW right now? I PvP in WvW every single night, and have for years.

Because warclaw.Melees have little to no chance to dismount people.Even if Anet implement what they want, traps, dismount skills etc it will not fix the real issue.Warclaw has too much on its own, unless they remove hp, immunity to CC and evade frames, leaving it just as a mobility tool, the issue will persistSince mount a lot of people who used to roam quitted/stopped playing wvwRoaming is not fun anymore unless you're in a gank squad (if you think that's fun).

@Dawdler.8521 said:Problem with this idea is that if its good, it just means WvW becomes worse. Theres only so many ways you can cut a cake before it becomes a mess.What do you mean by that ?Are you worried that this could drag people out from WvW ?

@spectrito.8513 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:You already have the map and is running dead for years.
People want to PvP but they just cant in WvW right now
Just small changes and introduce something like battlegrounds in wow.For example Eye of the storm battleground. EotM already looks like itWithout mounts, please.

Because warclaw.Melees have little to no chance to dismount people.Even if Anet implement what they want, traps, dismount skills etc it will not fix the real issue.Warclaw has too much on its own, unless they remove hp, immunity to CC and evade frames,
leaving it just as a mobility tool
, the issue will persistSince mount a lot of people who used to roam quitted/stopped playing wvwRoaming is not fun anymore unless you're in a gank squad (if you think that's fun).

@Dawdler.8521 said:Problem with this idea is that if its good, it just means WvW becomes worse. Theres only so many ways you can cut a cake before it becomes a mess.What do you mean by that ?Are you worried that this could drag people out from WvW ?

Just hard nerf the kitty

Wow battlegrounds comes in a variety of game play.Players - 10v10, 15v15, 40v40Game types - Capture the flag(warsong gulch, twin peaks), 3 point resource conquest(Battle for Gilneas), 5 point resource conquest(Arathi basin), 4 point resource conquest with capture the flag(eye of the storm), 2 rounds push for best attack time(strands of the ancient), payload resource gain(Silvershard Mines), hold the artifact resource gain(Temple of Kotmogu), 3 point conquest with resource capture(Deepwind Gorge), 3 point conquest(Tol Barad), and then the big ones of dropping enemy resource to 0 or kill their commander and capture their keep(Alterac valley, Isle of Conquest, Ashran, Wintergrasp).

A lot of these could easily work with eotm, my only problem would be with any of the capture the flag ones as I don't think fly hacking has ever been fully fixed by anet, hence why the orbs never came back. I could see the dropping enemy resource(killing players capping towers) or kill the commander and capture keep be the way to go (alterac valley gameplay basically), and instead of 40v40 I could see 25v25v25 working fine.

The only problem is, yeah it would take away from wvw, that's like asking 3-5 guilds to participate, good luck getting those numbers consistently, they would probably have to do it certain days of the week like the weekends to fully get it rolling.

@XenesisII.1540 said:The only problem is, yeah it would take away from wvw, that's like asking 3-5 guilds to participate, good luck getting those numbers consistently, they would probably have to do it certain days of the week like the weekends to fully get it rolling.

Population will only be a problem if it uses the current servers system.

WvW itself is already pushing people out from WvW since last changes.People who wants to PPT will continue to fight for empty towers and kill npc's.This will only drag people who doesnt care to win WvW, are there to PvP and dont want to hold a circle in a 5v5 match with 5 min queue or play a 50v50 with 10 sec delay.It also could possibly bring many people who quitted the game because sPvP/WvW is bad