How do you all deal with mental exhaustion.

Like for several in earlier replies, for me this game is the opposite, as in it changes my mind when I need it.

It maybe just needs to put things back in perspective? GW2 is a game "only". There is no obligation. It's not like a work or any other real life responsibilities. If a game brings you as far as reaching mental exhaustion, then simply stop and go do something else, preferably outside to get fresh air. :)

As my main content is PvP currently, which requires me to be in a sharp state, I don't play this game when I'm in a mentally exhausted state. Which happens a lot since my job is intensive in that regard.I play something else, watch Netflix or videos in YT, or hang out in Twitch. Or just not do PvP.

@adormtil.1605 said:If I can not finish the living story what is the point. But really how do you all bet jade constructs fast? They debuff you they hit like an tank and they become invincible.

Jade constructs are annoying, really annoying, and unless you have their mechanics pinned down, or plenty of survival + stability, fighting even one is challenging. I can imagine one wearing out mentally if they tried to farm those.

So, what I do is avoid them. If I need the heart completion, I go to the northern most part and check if the volcano-thing event is up, and... don't destroy it, but kill instead the destroyers that spawn around the beach area while the event lasts. If the event isn't up, I look for towers to break down.

To avoid wearing down in a game, just avoid the activities which feel like a chore or that exhaust yourself. Fortunately GW2 has lots of things one can do to pick from.

If you're feeling exhausted by playing the best solution is to stop playing and do something else for a while. If you're just fed up with GW2 maybe play another game, if you're feeling physically exhausted it's probably best to get off the computer and do something else for a while.

As for figuring out what to do my advice is to talk your time with it and be willing to experiment. This game often reminds me of the Legend of Zelda series in that each enemy (or group) has it's own strengths and weaknesses and finding the right way to beat them can make a huge difference. For example a ranger would have a very hard time fighting pocket raptors with a longbow because 4 of the 5 skills only hit a single target and the 5th has a relatively long cast time, plus they won't stay at range even with a pet to distract them. But that same ranger can kill them all in seconds by dropping a spike trap and using the AoE torch skill on top of it. But then for something like a Stonehead AoE's aren't so useful, because they don't stay still long enough, and ranged attacks would be much more useful because they hit hard so if you can keep your distance you're more likely to stay alive.

Of course it's not practical (or even possible) to change your build for each enemy, but it's usually not necessary either. If you know you're going to be facing something tough it could be worth thinking about what will work well against it, but as long as you have a few different options you can usually find something which works.