Eagle over Snow Owl?

Anput.4620

I'm thinking of using eagle over snow owl in wvw as it's ferocious but idk how much ill miss the heal, having smokescale on default and having no mobility when things go south is kinda meh but worldly impact is so shit tho.

You don't even have time to go out of smokescale and swap to owl anyways because you are dead by then, i guess you will lack smoke assault but swoop sounds like a good trade for that?

@Anput.4620 said:I'm thinking of using eagle over snow owl in wvw as it's ferocious but idk how much ill miss the heal, having smokescale on default and having no mobility when things go south is kinda meh but worldly impact is so kitten tho.

You don't even have time to go out of smokescale and swap to owl anyways because you are dead by then, i guess you will lack smoke assault but swoop sounds like a good trade for that?

Lol just pick the gazelle then. Movement skill that is also a daze. And gazelle f2 is a KD. Works well with WS traitline. The heal imo is just too slow to be any good.. so I always go ferocious.

@bigo.9037 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I'm thinking of using eagle over snow owl in wvw as it's ferocious but idk how much ill miss the heal, having smokescale on default and having no mobility when things go south is kinda meh but worldly impact is so kitten tho.

Lol just pick the gazelle then. Movement skill that is also a daze. And gazelle f2 is a KD. Works well with WS traitline. The heal imo is just too slow to be any good.. so I always go ferocious.

It is pretty good as it is a 4.6k heal with 3s resistance though, gazelle does sound good, idk why i thought about it, the dash does feel a bit slower though, and for some reason the bird dash goes slightly further.

@Anput.4620 said:You don't even have time to go out of smokescale and swap to owl anyways because you are dead by then, i guess you will lack smoke assault but swoop sounds like a good trade for that?

You shouldn't be dying before you can swap to your second pet. Something's going wrong with gear/build/play if that's the case. Ideally you want both your pets to serve a purpose. Smokescale is definitely a good first pick, and the second is typically of a different type as the beastmode skills (e.g. Worldly Impact) share cds.

About Spiritual Reprieve: the cast time is a pain unless you cast it while you have quickness. Personally, I like to use the pet swap quickness (Beastmastery grandmaster trait) to cast it, so I try and have beastmode off cd before I pet swap so I can merge immediately if necessary.

On my pure, pure dps build i run eagle over snow owl. My secondary is jacaranda. This because my build is literally the merge, sic' em, zephyr and rapid fire to absolutely destroy most classes.I use eagle over owl for ferocious, and because if my target survives for any reason i can quickly distance myself to not get absolutely splattered because i have no defensives. Gazelle has a good sprint, but not as good as the leap + swiftness

On a regular, more sustainy build i dont think eagle is better over owl.

@Anput.4620 said:

It is pretty good as it is a 4.6k heal with 3s resistance though, gazelle does sound good, idk why i thought about it, the dash does feel a bit slower though, and for some reason the bird dash goes slightly further.

Yes but bird merge has no CC. So by picking gazelle over a bird ( unless it has the root thing in merge ) you get 1 extra daze and one KD which is very valuable to me at least.

@bigo.9037 said:

Yes but bird merge has no CC. So by picking gazelle over a bird ( unless it has the root thing in merge ) you get 1 extra daze and one KD which is very valuable to me at least.

Bit of a double post, but raven. Gives you bird mobility + a knockdown/pull.