WvW pugs kicking meta commanders/guilds

shiri.4257

@shiri.4257 said:We endure so much pain and misery as wvw commanders. Now, these certain pugs wish to discriminate against our squads and playstyle. They openly chastise us on teamchat, reddit, and official forums about their wants, needs, and desires. Many try to hold us accountable for various social contracts that we don't even remember signing! They ask us to take these camps, the towers, keeps, and castles all at our own expense! What do they do? They send us 2 blueprints as compensation and make more demands!

But do you know what the worst part is? When you're trying to raid, and these certain pugs think they're the reincarnation of Einstein start publicly theory crafting their builds. Oh my god! we have to sit through it and appease them in fear they might report us for not letting them play their game mode as they wish! Please Anet, can we get a reporting system for these unruly pugs?

Eh, it's just the responsibility that comes with wearing the mantle of leadership. It's that way whether you're the captain of a sports team IRL, a team leader at work, anywhere & any scene, when you decide to be a leader.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Oh great. This is what WvW needs now; more ineffective and SALTY commanders that want the whole world to be in meta classes, to be in voice comm, to be in big numbers to follow them so that they could claim credit when their squad wiped the entire enemies and then blame the pugs, scouts and roamers when things go wrong? Omg, the amount of salt here...

WvW is actually be meta and ktrain or gtfo gamemode.... it has been like this since release...

No it hasn't...It started when Siege was put on the trading post for the most part.

Before that there was a main zerg of like 20 people, rest were all roaming and havok guilds of 5-10 speead out. (Mid tiers, may have been different for high tiers)

20 zerg? some servers even used that to just camp flip... and hunting smaller non meta group comps... but yeah ic ur point and not only that,m with the forcing of stacking even more needed to overperform the aoe spam output with socurges / revs/ spambrands etc overtime gameplay got way worse, wich results in what bad players and bad performing guild wanted, aoe only classes for overperforming.

This is what actually kills other builds and non aoe spam classes being kicked out of the groups.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Reverence.6915 said:Just run tagless, let all the pugs do their own thing

Do you want to see a Borderland burn?

Honestly I don't care.

@shiri.4257 said:

I run tagless when I want to put my "Fight Guild" mantle of glory on. So the server doesn't know how many times I've respawned or reformed my guild.

Then deal with the entitled pugs who will troll you whatever you do

Well, I don´t tell you what to do and you don´t tell me what to do.I don´t join your team though I will tag along when you capture a tower/camp/keep if I´m in the right mood.Noone needs to endure anything nor does anyone need to obey certain rules.

If you want to make an effective team then make it invite only and recruit manually. As a commander/leader, you´re able to pick the ppl/classes you want and noone can say anything against it, so don´t let it get into your head if some random dude starts complaining in team-chat.

@Reverence.6915 said:

Do you want to see a Borderland burn?

Honestly I don't care.

I run tagless when I want to put my "Fight Guild" mantle of glory on. So the server doesn't know how many times I've respawned or reformed my guild.

Then deal with the entitled pugs who will troll you whatever you do

I am dealing with it, by letting the wvw world know about our plight as a wvw commander!

@"shiri.4257" said:Please, in this thread, the "Commanders" are the victims, not the pugs. stay on topic.

Quoting you from:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71429/wvw-commanders-guilds-kicking-non-meta-classes/p4

@"shiri.4257" said:I'd like to believe my attitude enriches my puggles daily lives by bringing discipline and order that they desire but are afraid to embrace. Not all resources are available and useful. Steak and fish are food, poop is not. Would you use poop to function as food? or would you buy steak to use as food?

It seems to me that you were going "off topic" there about pugs in squads (or not) are the victims of commander bias and toxicity. Is turn about not fair play? If you are to be permitted to disagree with the OP there, how is it then not the same if others reject your premise here?

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

@"shiri.4257" said:Please, in this thread, the "Commanders" are the victims, not the pugs. stay on topic.

Quoting you from:

@"shiri.4257" said:I'd like to believe my attitude enriches my puggles daily lives by bringing discipline and order that they desire but are afraid to embrace. Not all resources are available and useful. Steak and fish are food, poop is not. Would you use poop to function as food? or would you buy steak to use as food?

It seems to me that you were going "off topic" there about pugs in squads (or not) are the victims of commander bias and toxicity. Is turn about not fair play? If you are to be permitted to disagree with the OP there, how is it then not the same if others reject your premise here?

please define fair play.

My apologies, I should have been more direct in how I said that. "turn about is fair play" is an English figure of speech. Here is a link that explains it:https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/turnabout+is+fair+playMy point is that since you rather pointedly disagreed with the OP in that previous thread (and one whose title you have chosen to parody) that disagreement there means that those supporting the OP there have just as much right to disagree with you here without opening themselves to an accusation of going off topic.

@"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:My apologies, I should have been more direct in how I said that. "turn about is fair play" is an English figure of speech. Here is a link that explains it:https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/turnabout+is+fair+playMy point is that since you rather pointedly disagreed with the OP in that previous thread (and one whose title you have chosen to parody) that disagreement there means that those supporting the OP there have just as much right to disagree with you here without opening themselves to an accusation of going off topic.

Oh well then, they have as much right to disagree! I wouldn't want this thread derailed and suppressed by Anet. In the spirit of fair play of course. You are such a witty fellow!

I don't know how many people have blocked me for my sidecar driving comments for the last six years....lots. I'd like to believe hundreds, but that could be an overexaggeration. Or maybe not. Have you ever noticed when certain commanders "raid" and get pissed off that you started following them. It's like, "oh look a puppy, can we kick it's head in...." You ever get that feeling when running with certain "Raid Commanders"? The one thing that I loved about WvW...they can't kick you from the map :D