Upcoming map changes for Eternal Coliseum and Djinn’s Dominion

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi, folks!

We’d like to give you a preview of some upcoming changes to two PvP maps.

Up first is Eternal Coliseum. We wanted to give this map more spaces where players can jump around and try to break line of sight. Additionally, we wanted to differentiate between each side of the map a bit better so it’s easier to know where you are just by looking around. To do this, we’re adding hedges on one half of the map, and building supplies on the other.

http://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/34337newcol1.jpghttp://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ecc02newcol2.jpg

Next up is Djinn’s Dominion, where our goal is to reduce the ability to spawn camp the other team from the start of the game. To that end, we’ve added a wall between the spawn areas which stretches to the lamp platform. A gate will open in the wall after some time so players don’t have to run through the middle of the map to get to the far side through the whole match.

http://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/6c01anewdjinns.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Rodzynald.5897" said:Well, I am of two minds about Colisseum changes. Mostly because mobility-heavy classes will have it even easier to be an even greater nuisance.

It does favor LOS more, however I'm seeing a lot of platforms that require leap/jumping whereas shadowsteps will likely give "No Valid Path to Target".

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@"Rodzynald.5897" said:Well, I am of two minds about Colisseum changes. Mostly because mobility-heavy classes will have it even easier to be an even greater nuisance.

It does favor LOS more, however I'm seeing a lot of platforms that require leap/jumping whereas shadowsteps will likely give "No Valid Path to Target".

So basically I can put guardian back on the shelf and wait for buffs, or roll something else with easy access to quickness/mobility skills other than teleports.

@Rodzynald.5897 said:

@Rodzynald.5897 said:Well, I am of two minds about Colisseum changes. Mostly because mobility-heavy classes will have it even easier to be an even greater nuisance.

So basically I can put guardian back on the shelf and wait for buffs, or roll something else with easy access to quickness/mobility skills other than teleports.

ha well you already limited the class choices to rev/war and soulbeast (with less pewpew) now, which isn't very different from before.Not that guard has strong presence in Coliseum's side nodes anyway.

I think the hedges on Coliseum don't fit aesthetically, and should be crates instead. I'd personally prefer if both the hedges and crates weren't added at all, because currently breaking LoS on those control points requires anybody holding them to get off, and that makes for interesting mindgames -- if the person holding it gets off, am I tanky enough to decap, or do I also need to back off and wait for help? Instead they'll just be able to hide behind the hedge so nobody on respawn is able to deal with them from a distance.