Legendary Fractal Armor

@"Asum.4960" said:So your suggested requirement for a Fractal Legendary Armor is about 1.5-4 years of doing CM's every single day depending on luck (including daily T4's + Recs for over one year for relics), 7000+ Gold, a Title that costs another few thousand Gold and takes another separate year and then some to get, plus "something more", because "It should not be free", you know, besides having to play challenging content for ~1h daily for 3+ years without spending gained rewards from those 1000+ hours on anything else.That's about 8 times as much in total time, 20 times the effort in play time and about 5 times the cost of a Raid armor (assuming it wouldn't also take all the usual Gifts etc. that Legendaries require).In short, you could make about 7 sets of Raid armor in time and cost of a single Fractal armor, with significantly less effort.Yes. I suggest that as minimum requirement. Is should be more and more hard that raid.

By that same logic you should also argue that Raid Legendary Armor should cost 400 LI per piece, as some people (real Raiders as you would say) have over 2000 LI stockpiled.I don't suggest change that. And think it is NOT good. .. BUT I perfect remember how was incrisead coast of pvp armor, then additional was addeded some Grandmaster Marks to ascend shards. I can't gurantee that something like this not will be done again whit raid leg armor )) Will se how it bee after few update path )

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@lare.5129 said:

@"Asum.4960" said:So your suggested requirement for a Fractal Legendary Armor is about 1.5-4 years of doing CM's every single day depending on luck (including daily T4's + Recs for over one year for relics), 7000+ Gold, a Title that costs another few thousand Gold and takes another separate year and then some to get, plus "something more", because "It should not be free", you know, besides having to play challenging content for ~1h daily for 3+ years without spending gained rewards from those 1000+ hours on anything else.That's about 8 times as much in total time, 20 times the effort in play time and about 5 times the cost of a Raid armor (assuming it wouldn't also take all the usual Gifts etc. that Legendaries require).In short, you could make about 7 sets of Raid armor in time and cost of a single Fractal armor, with significantly less effort.Yes. I suggest that as minimum requirement. Is should be more and more hard that raid.

By that same logic you should also argue that Raid Legendary Armor should cost 400 LI per piece, as some people (real Raiders as you would say) have over 2000 LI stockpiled.I don't suggest change that. And think it is NOT good. .. BUT I perfect remember how was incrisead coast of pvp armor, then additional was addeded some Grandmaster Marks to ascend shards. I can't gurantee that something like this not will be done again whit raid leg armor )) Will se how it bee after few update path )

I wan't a bit of what you smoking.You literally want item that you as a vet can get within 2-3 hours, leaving new players works for it for ages?stands and slow claps

Was using this page as a resource: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor Under the heading PVE Components.

I thought it would be fun to come up with a possible list of what would be needed to make a piece of Fractal Legendary Armor.

Gift of Prosperity (equivalent):Keep the same but the new Gift of Craftsmanship will be a Gift of Ascension.

Gift of Prowess (equivalent):Keep the same but instead of needing 25 Legendary Insights change to 30 Fractal Insights. Keep the limits the same as LI per week. This way the harder content is able to obtain their armor faster. These new Insights should be purchased from a vendor using a combination pristine and regular fractal relics up to 15 per week.

Gift of Dedication (equivalent):We have 8 dungeons. I figure if we are making something for PvE why not tie them in.Have an items on the dungeon vendor for 100 of each specific dungeon currency and you will need it from every dungeon.Ascalonian Catacombs Item + Caudecus's Manor Item + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of ....Twilight Arbor Item + Sorrow's Embrace Item + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of ....Citadel of Flame Item + Honor of the Waves Item + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of...Crucible of Eternity + The Ruined City of Arah + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of ...Use those 4 gifts to create the new gift needed.

Like it or hate it I had fun trying to come up with this :bleep_bloop:

@"Excursion.9752" said:Was using this page as a resource: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor Under the heading PVE Components.

I thought it would be fun to come up with a possible list of what would be needed to make a piece of Fractal Legendary Armor.

Gift of Prosperity (equivalent):Keep the same but the new Gift of Craftsmanship will be a Gift of Ascension.

Gift of Prowess (equivalent):Keep the same but instead of needing 25 Legendary Insights change to 30 Fractal Insights. Keep the limits the same as LI per week. This way the harder content is able to obtain their armor faster. These new Insights should be purchased from a vendor using a combination pristine and regular fractal relics up to 15 per week.

Gift of Dedication (equivalent):We have 8 dungeons. I figure if we are making something for PvE why not tie them in.Have an items on the dungeon vendor for 100 of each specific dungeon currency and you will need it from every dungeon.Ascalonian Catacombs Item + Caudecus's Manor Item + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of ....Twilight Arbor Item + Sorrow's Embrace Item + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of ....Citadel of Flame Item + Honor of the Waves Item + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of...Crucible of Eternity + The Ruined City of Arah + Agonized Essence + one agony infustion = 1 gift of ...Use those 4 gifts to create the new gift needed.

I was thinking to add something lets call it Fractal Insights(as you suggest) to t4 rewards, so daily 3 FL-21 per week, to make it long 20 weeks 420 for full set, meaning 70FL per items.All legendary armors are locked on HoT, to make it easy for devs, instead of Gift of Dedication asking those HoT trash and to make it expensive as some suggest, to ask for 50 Crystalline Ingot or 50 Funerary License per item

This is all of thought for make it as painless for devs as it could be, cus adding new items might take some work.Also I was thinking to make it even more expensive as some wish, ask for gift of metal for heavy set, gift of wood for medium and gift of energy for light.

@phs.6089 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:Was using this page as a resource:
Under the heading PVE Components.

I was thinking to add something lets call it Fractal Insights(as you suggest) to t4 rewards, so daily 3 FL-21 per week, to make it long 20 weeks 420 for full set, meaning 70FL per items.All legendary armors are locked on HoT, to make it easy for devs, instead of Gift of Dedication asking those HoT trash and to make it expensive as some suggest, to ask for 50 Crystalline Ingot or 50 Funerary License per item

This is all of thought for make it as painless for devs as it could be, cus adding new items might take some work.Also I was thinking to make it even more expensive as some wish, ask for gift of metal for heavy set, gift of wood for medium and gift of energy for light.

lmao "expensive lets add gift of metal" gift of metal costs 19g to make

this guy

lets totally ignore a valid gold sink (ar infusion) uniqge to fractals. every piece will need 2 +13 ar infusions, there expensive

will it also need mystic clovers, so i can buy them in fractals for 2 per day as i can't buy those in raids

lets say 30 days in a month on average 30 * 2 is 60 clovers, + 7 from daily log-in end chest4 times wvw reset, where alot of people farm skirmish tickets, so lets say 1 weekend 1 reward track which is low, it's closer to 3-4 tracks per weekend with booster

from doing fractals, and wvw that's 77 clovers per month

i'll ask to remove this, and add it to raids. fractals have no need for clovers because fractals have no legendary armor besides a backpack

@"melandru.3876" said:fractals have no need for clovers because fractals have no legendary armor besides a backpackhow I see the one of main ideas in gw - for one item that belogs one zone farm other ..This get additional motivate to player share and make content exp wider .. Also I wait some "magic items" for last LS part in dungeons.

@phs.6089 said:All legendary armors are locked on HoT, to make it easy for devs, instead of Gift of Dedication asking those HoT trash and to make it expensive as some suggest, to ask for 50 Crystalline Ingot or 50 Funerary License per itemmay be better ask Gift of Maguuma Mastery for each item? will be fun

@lare.5129 said:

@phs.6089 said:All legendary armors are locked on HoT, to make it easy for devs, instead of Gift of Dedication asking those HoT trash and to make it expensive as some suggest, to ask for 50 Crystalline Ingot or 50 Funerary License per itemmay be better ask Gift of Maguuma Mastery for each item? will be fun

That would be mean, making 6 characters for a set? Crystalline Ingots or Funerary License would be fine really, that is 300, enough of time spend in HoT or PoF.OFC that does not exclude usual gifts of /gimme all your mats/ as for any legendary armors.

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to create a thread for this and then saw this one. I think it would fit the game if fractal legendary armor existed. Fractals are as brain dead to do as raids and WvW Ticket farming, I don't see why I can get legendary armor by being inactive in WvW but not in doing fractals, which is harder content. I did get an armor set from WvW, simply because changing stats and runes is awesome. I don't care about legendary skins at all, and I think many people do it for the benefits legendary gear gives and not for the skin.

I don't think Ad Infinitum did any harm to the game either, it was fun going through the process. I wouldn't mind adding more legendary accessories instead or in addition ^^

@Faaris.8013 said:I was about to create a thread for this and then saw this one. I think it would fit the game if fractal legendary armor existed. Fractals are as brain dead to do as raids and WvW Ticket farming, I don't see why I can get legendary armor by being inactive in WvW but not in doing fractals, which is harder content. I did get an armor set from WvW, simply because changing stats and runes is awesome. I don't care about legendary skins at all, and I think many people do it for the benefits legendary gear gives and not for the skin.

I don't think Ad Infinitum did any harm to the game either, it was fun going through the process. I wouldn't mind adding more legendary accessories instead or in addition ^^

If raids are so brain dead to do, why can’t so many players do them? I’m all for fractal armor skins but there doesn’t need to be another legendary armor set.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Faaris.8013 said:I was about to create a thread for this and then saw this one. I think it would fit the game if fractal legendary armor existed. Fractals are as brain dead to do as raids and WvW Ticket farming, I don't see why I can get legendary armor by being inactive in WvW but not in doing fractals, which is harder content. I did get an armor set from WvW, simply because changing stats and runes is awesome. I don't care about legendary skins at all, and I think many people do it for the benefits legendary gear gives and not for the skin.

If raids are so brain dead to do, why can’t so many players do them? I’m all for fractal armor skins but there doesn’t need to be another legendary armor set.

So much reasonable arguments in 'There is no need'. Much wow.

@phs.6089 said:

Each game mode (i.e. PvE, WvW, and sPvP) already have access to obtain it.

I didn’t list the arguments again because they’ve been given numerous times in this thread and the countless others. There’s really no need to regurgitate them every time someone necro posts a thread as if every newer post needs to include them all.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@phs.6089 said:

sPvP and WvW are PvP mods of this game, have 2 separate armor sets.PVE mods have only ONE from raids, your point is?

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Faaris.8013" said:I was about to create a thread for this and then saw this one. I think it would fit the game if fractal legendary armor existed. Fractals are as brain dead to do as raids and WvW Ticket farming, I don't see why I can get legendary armor by being inactive in WvW but not in doing fractals, which is harder content. I did get an armor set from WvW, simply because changing stats and runes is awesome. I don't care about legendary skins at all, and I think many people do it for the benefits legendary gear gives and not for the skin.

sPvP and WvW are PvP mods of this game, have 2 separate armor sets.PVE mods have only ONE from raids, your point is?

WvW is technically a cross between PvP and PvE so you can consider PvP and PvE as having 1.5 sets.

World versus World (also known as WvW) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Faaris.8013" said:I was about to create a thread for this and then saw this one. I think it would fit the game if fractal legendary armor existed. Fractals are as brain dead to do as raids and WvW Ticket farming, I don't see why I can get legendary armor by being inactive in WvW but not in doing fractals, which is harder content. I did get an armor set from WvW, simply because changing stats and runes is awesome. I don't care about legendary skins at all, and I think many people do it for the benefits legendary gear gives and not for the skin.

WvW is technically a cross between PvP and PvE so you can consider PvP and PvE as having 1.5 sets.

World versus World (also known as WvW) is a
combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode
where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists.

Keep telling that to yourself ignoring the fact that even on wiki, wvw listed under pvp categoryhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Player_versus_Player

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

where players from three different worlds (which can involve 6+ servers), battle in the Mists.

Keep telling that to yourself ignoring the fact that even on wiki, wvw listed under pvp category

Well considering there’s no hybrid category...

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Keep telling that to yourself ignoring the fact that even on wiki, wvw listed under pvp category

And wiki is made by players so I could go in and put it in the pve category if I wanted making this argument moot.

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

And wiki is made by players so I could go in and put it in the pve category if I wanted making this argument moot.

And class balance made by Anet, where classes get balanced for WvW/sPvP and PVE.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

And class balance made by Anet, where classes get balanced for WvW/sPvP and PVE.

Making it 3 modes congrats mate.

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Can you read? Have you seen patch notes? Did ever say skill/trait balanced for WvW separate for sPvP and separate for PVE, it's WvW/sPvP AND PVE, how is that makes 3 mode?This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:Game mode version PvE Game mode version WvW / PvP Game mode versione.g. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Portal_Entre

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Can you read? Have you seen patch notes? Did ever say skill/trait balanced for WvW separate for sPvP and separate for PVE, it's WvW/sPvP AND PVE, how is that makes 3 mode?This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:Game mode version PvE Game mode version WvW / PvP Game mode versione.g.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Can you read? Have you seen patch notes? Did ever say skill/trait balanced for WvW separate for sPvP and separate for PVE, it's WvW/sPvP AND PVE, how is that makes 3 mode?This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:Game mode version PvE Game mode version WvW / PvP Game mode versione.g.

Pve 1 wvw 1 spvp 1 3 modes and 3 legendary armors all good.They should really make a way for wvw and spvp to be able to get gift of explortaion for the weapons + add ring and trinkets in those modes aswell.

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Pve 1 wvw 1 spvp 1 3 modes and 3 legendary armors all good.They should really make a way for wvw and spvp to be able to get gift of explortaion for the weapons + add ring and trinkets in those modes aswell.

When they start balancing classes for WvW separate from sPvP you statement will start making sense till that it's nothing.

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:

And wiki is made by players so I could go in and put it in the pve category if I wanted making this argument moot.Fun fact: that goes for both definitions equally.