Fishing in GW2/Relaxing in game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Durzlla.6295" said:" - The combat is great and all but fighting for like 98% of gameplay gets a little old."Agree 100%For a game that is meant to be a lifestyle game and is marketed as a MMO Action RPG, so much of this game's resources is concentrated solely on combat, and mechanics that are aids to combat (such as weapon and armour crafting). More non-combat 'lifestyle' and 'RP' mechanics would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to fully immerse myself in Tyria, not just kill in it.

The single biggest problem this game has , and its not the games design , is the mindset of most of the players who are only after 1 thing and thats rewards, and not only rewards, but as many as possible in the shortest possible time.This is why just about all the events are rushed thru as fast as possible to maximise the rate of rewards.I cant see how fishing which is an activity totally the reverse of the above would appeal too much of the player base.Its also an immense amount of work to implement to make it a useful activity.

There's definitly room for fishing in this game.Regular cane fishing and net fishingEven small boats (basically a slow water mount), where you can go to deeper water and use skill 1- Rod or skill 2- cast netRod and boat skins for monetisation purposes

I would gladly pay 20 dollars for an unbreakable fishing pole to fish in the game. I would love it even more if there was a cute little fishing hat (that doesn't make hair disappear of course) and fishing boots. I mean lets be honest it would make sense for the commander to know how to fish and survive off what s/he/they/it/(put whatever you refer to your commander as here) with all their journey around. Yeahhhhh I knowwww way points and all that and they can just go back to LA for a meal. But like if your off fighting joko or a dragon I don't think you have that luxury. It would just make sense for there to be a survival profession.

I also love the hell out of fishing >.> be it afk or non afk fishing. it relaxes me and NO i don't wanna fish irl -_- have you SEEN the state of some of these fishing areas :S its not a relaxing time. I'm kinda tired of just stab stab stab reward stab stab stab stab stab stab stab seven hours of stabbing reward. If implemented correctly they could probably make a fair bit of money off the new profession as well.