More Nerfs?!?!

Solori.6025

This is why I left this game and it looks like my tenure away will be extended again.Don't get me wrong some things are changed for the better.But then reading the concurrent nerfs along with it makes me scratch my head, and then re-realize that this team has no actual plan to improve the class they nerfed for a year with no actual compensation or redaction.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Mesmer

Mesmer traits that influence shatter skills typically affect all shatter skills, which has caused a lot of design bloat over the years. In this update, we're moving to change some of these traits to affect specific shatter skills in a stronger way, in order to both cut down on this bloat and to make the individual trait selections more meaningful. Other traits, such as Flow of Time and Seize the Moment, have had their boons changed from multiple stacks to a single stack in order to make it less likely that rapid shattering will cause the mesmer to run over the stack cap. Finally, Mass Invisibility has fallen behind other mesmer elite skills—as well as other sources of stealth over the years—so we're giving it a boost to help it compete.

• Magic Bullet: Stun duration for this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
  • Counter Blade: Daze duration for this ability has been increased from 1 second to 2 seconds.
  • Illusionary Counter: This skill now uses an 8-second cooldown in all game modes.
  • Confusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.
  • Signet of Illusions: This skill's recharge now begins at the same time shatter skills are recharged.
  • Mantra of Distraction: Daze time for this skill has been increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.
  • Confounding Suggestions: This trait no longer increases daze and stun durations. Instead, Diversion stuns foes for 1.5 seconds and no longer dazes foes.
  • Blinding Dissipation: This trait no longer blinds foes on the activation of each shatter skill. It will now cause Cry of Frustration to blind every target it strikes. Blindness duration is split between game modes, lasting 1.5 seconds in WvW and PvP and 3 seconds in PvE.
  • Dazzling: This trait now applies vulnerability when stunning a foe, in addition to when dazing them.
  • Flow of Time: This trait now grants the full alacrity amount as soon as it is activated instead of waiting for illusions to shatter.
  • Seize the Moment: This trait now grants the full quickness amount as soon as it is activated instead of waiting for illusions to shatter.
  • Master of Manipulation: Instead of granting the mirror effect, this trait now grants superspeed for 3 seconds. This superspeed is also applied to allies affected by your manipulation skills.
  • Mass Invisibility: Reduced the casting time of the land version of this skill to match the underwater version. Increased the base stealth duration from 5 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • Evasive Mirror: Increased this trait's cooldown from 1.5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Koen.1327 said:blinding dissipation with ineptitude will now make your f2 shatter hit for 16 confusion, quite a buff i'd say

I don't play condi. So this does nothing for me.I guess for a condi chrono this would be great.Condi Mirage cant survive without Chaos so this rules them out too. ( since they gutted dueling vigor generation and Chaos traits are the only worthwhile source of vigor left)

Edit: Guess I should specifiy.More power mes nerfs. As Evasive mirror in light of the resurgence of LB rangers in WvW is already annoying enough. The blinding dissipation change to me is more annoying when fighting things that stick to you in melee, like a thief or warr.But owell, like I said, I'll just be away for a while longer until something changes for the better

Edit 2: and before I forget- You realize ineptitude competes with DE- which is vastly more superior.Like without question DE is Alpha of that trait line

@Solori.6025 said:

@Koen.1327 said:blinding dissipation with ineptitude will now make your f2 shatter hit for 16 confusion, quite a buff i'd say

I don't play condi. So this does nothing for me.I guess for a condi chrono this would be great.Condi Mirage cant survive without Chaos so this rules them out too. ( since they gutted dueling vigor generation and Chaos traits are the only worthwhile source of vigor left)

Edit: Guess I should specifiy.More power mes nerfs. As Evasive mirror in light of the resurgence of LB rangers in WvW is already annoying enough. The blinding dissipation change to me is more annoying when fighting things that stick to you in melee, like a thief or warr.But owell, like I said, I'll just be away for a while longer until something changes for the better

Edit 2: and before I forget- You realize ineptitude competes with DE- which is vastly more superior.Like without question DE is Alpha of that trait line

Condi Mirage already takes Chaos and Dueling. With Evasive Mirror gutted, Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude might be worthwhile again with minimal changes.

Still I think the nerf to scepter will finally push the last few condition mirages onto GS Mirage or Chrono.

Mass Invisibility and Master of Manipulation were finally reworked but Mass Invisibility even buffed is still worse than Elixir S and Sneak Gyro by a significant margin.

If you feel bad, remember Daredevil which is already not doing so hot, got a kick in the teeth with Steal's range cut in half when taking Daredevil (Though it becomes unblockable)

i rather like the changes though I only play power-chronomancer in pve and condi-mirage in wvw, so not much changes for me except that now I no longer rely on my clones to shatter to get alacrity, which is a huge QoL-change.I really consider going for support-chronomancer now.^^

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? How is this a buff? With blinding dissipation, every shatter would blind. Now it is just one. They didn't say that each clone infects blind separately. I think it is wishful thinking that each individual clone will blind and that each individual blind will then work with ineptitude. It doesn't even make sense for them to make such a change. All they would be doing is decreasing build diversity and nerfing every single spec that takes the trait except for the mere exception that if you are playing condi and take ineptitude to go with it. When I read this, I took it as it being the same as the old skill and now just working on one shatter skill instead of all of them.

Now, Why the hell would they nerf power and core mesmer again???????Why didn't they put the blind on mind wrack instead of cry of frustration if it is the way you think it is?individual trait selection my ass.They are not making individual traits meaningful to choose.They are making certain exact builds or trait combinations and build styles MANDATORY.

How the hell did this idea even make it past the suggestion phase?

All of the changes are making me cry, as it seems they have no clue what to do and just changing stuff around to laugh how the forums explode. The chrono changes are kinda nice, but self boons were almost permanent anyway, that is more like a open world/PvP change, the nerf of this trait is kind understandable cough40k on desima and carin cough BUT they did not take into consideration the skillcap of the build so, i said nothing... They just have no idea about how the game works... And that is pretty sad

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Condi Mirage already takes Chaos and Dueling. With Evasive Mirror gutted, Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude might be worthwhile again with minimal changes.

Still I think the nerf to scepter will finally push the last few condition mirages onto GS Mirage or Chrono.

Mass Invisibility and Master of Manipulation were finally reworked but Mass Invisibility even buffed is still worse than Elixir S and Sneak Gyro by a significant margin.

If you feel bad, remember Daredevil which is already not doing so hot, got a kick in the teeth with Steal's range cut in half when taking Daredevil (Though it becomes unblockable)
  1. GS builds are nerfed again with Blinding dissipation - Severely nerfed. Just not in the right way that it should have. Should have been chrono line.
  2. You want to talk about worthwhile traits to condi, what about worthwhile traits for power? Master Fencer is a PvE trait. There is a reason people don't choose it in PvP and haven't since before HoT even came out.
  3. They should nerf stealth in other skills then. Why did they make stealth buffs to begin with? All the Core Class in this game are now so blatantly unbalanced that it's crazy. What do you think would happen if Elite specs were gone tomorrow? Would the game be balanced? Because that is where they need to start from again. They need to start from square one because of the disastrous changes that have accumulated over time.
  4. I don't give a kitten about Daredevil. Daredevil is one elite spec trait line (NOT core) and Core Thief did not even come close to getting the number of core trait nerfs mesmer has got over time.

All the other changes were good, but for me the entire patch suggestions are completely ruined and overshadowed by what they suggested for blinding dissipation. I don't think evasive mirror should be that badly nerfed either since it is a core skill. However, I didn't use evasive mirror before and wouldn't plan to since it would REVEAL you if you use MASS INVISIBILITY, the exact same problem they were trying to prevent this patch. Shakes head.

Now, the only reason I am even currently still trying to suggest positive changes to gw2 anymore is because I don't know any other game with a phycological themed class. Does anyone know any good games for people who liked mesmer as a replacement?

@Xstein.2187 said:

1. GS builds are nerfed again with Blinding dissipation -
    Severely nerfed
    . Just not in the right way that it should have. Should have been chrono line.
  2. You want to talk about worthwhile traits to condi, what about worthwhile traits for power? Master Fencer is a PvE trait. There is a reason people don't choose it in PvP and haven't since before HoT even came out.
  3. They should nerf stealth in other skills then. Why did they make stealth buffs to begin with? All the Core Class in this game are now so blatantly unbalanced that it's crazy. What do you think would happen if Elite specs were gone tomorrow? Would the game be balanced? Because that is were they need to start from again. They need to start from square one because of the disastrous changes that have accumulated over time.
  4. I don't give a kitten about Daredevil. Daredevil is one elite spec trait line and Core Thief did not even come close to getting the number of core trait nerfs mesmer has got over time.

You want to talk about Power Nerfs? Condition got hit with the nerf truck. Blinding dissipation might be an even harder nerf for the already dead Ineptitude builds since we don't know if the clones all proc blinding. Scepter 3 which is your only kill potential as a condition mirage got hit by 50% leaving condition mesmers with no good damage weapon since axe is still limp. Evasive Mirror was gutted. Like blinding disipation change sucks for power, but we don't even know if its not also a nerf for condition mirage, and even if its a buff condition mirage got gutted far harder than power in other parts of its build.

a few of them are 100% called for anyone who thinksConfusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.was not justified is insane. A condi weapon doing 1 shot level damage on a condi build using strike damage :astonished: yehhh ok...

Blinding Dissipation: This trait no longer blinds foes on the activation of each shatter skill. It will now cause Cry of Frustration to blind every target it strikes. Blindness duration is split between game modes, lasting 1.5 seconds in WvW and PvP and 3 seconds in PvE.

Was a bit too strong in pvp only when combined with alot of the other defensive / sustain tools offered by mesmer / mirage. Top this ontop of the current mesmer play style and it makes for a strong combo thats very unfun to fight... most people will tell you mesmer in general is no fun to fight and its about time anet started listening. They do it for every other class when it becomes unfun to fight mesmer should not be an exception here.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

1. GS builds are nerfed again with Blinding dissipation -
    Severely nerfed
    . Just not in the right way that it should have. Should have been chrono line.
  3. They should nerf stealth in other skills then. Why did they make stealth buffs to begin with? All the Core Class in this game are now so blatantly unbalanced that it's crazy. What do you think would happen if Elite specs were gone tomorrow? Would the game be balanced? Because that is were they need to start from again. They need to start from square one because of the disastrous changes that have accumulated over time.
  4. I don't give a kitten about Daredevil. Daredevil is one elite spec trait line and Core Thief did not even come close to getting the number of core trait nerfs mesmer has got over time.

You want to talk about Power Nerfs? Condition got hit with the nerf truck. Blinding dissipation might be an even harder nerf for the already dead Ineptitude builds since we don't know if the clones all proc blinding. Scepter 3 which is your only kill potential as a condition mirage got hit by 50% leaving condition mesmers with no good damage weapon since axe is still limp. Evasive Mirror was gutted. Like blinding disipation change sucks for power, but we don't even know if its not also a nerf for condition mirage, and even if its a buff condition mirage got gutted far harder than power in other parts of its build.

Yes, since you asked, I do want to talk about Power Nerfs. I don't know the best way of discussing potential, so I'm just going to use metabattle. However, if you have a better suggestion, let me know.

Every single change you listed besides the scepter 3 change is or is potentially a power nerf, oh wait! I guess they only nerfed the power damage of scepter too. Power mesmer has been in a fairly poor position since 2015. It has not been in a meta position for about 4 years now. 4 Kitten, Puppy years. Right now the top power build on metabattle is rated as good. Not meta, not great, but good. The last time a power build was ranked as great (the exact same position condi builds are currently ranked) instead of good, it was directly nerfed by the devs on March 27, 2018. No compensation for a power build was made based on the nerfs. Comparing Condi to Power directly is like comparing apples to oranges. Condi was in a much better state before it was severely nerfed (into the 'great' category I might add) last patch. Power mesmer was ranked as good before this patch and guess what? It got nerfed again. So, as soon as condi mesmer remains out of the meta for 4 years, is nerfed out of the 'great' category, and then is nerfed again (multiple times) while it is in the 'good' category, then, and only then, will we find a better comparison between the two. If you think condi got hit by the nerf truck, then power likewise got hit by the nerf truck. However, the difference is that power mesmer was already dead, rotting roadkill sitting on the sunny road constantly getting bombarded by one truck after another aimed at condi.

Point being, even if the new blinding suggestions works in the good way we suggest, the change was made, once again, without even giving an after thought about power builds. Not only that, but it would STILL only be useful precisely when combined with Ineptitude, cutting down on build diversity.No matter how you word it, this is a bad change that shouldn't have even been suggestedand I sill stand by that statement.

Now, can someone please suggest a new MMO style game with a phycological class?

@incisorr.9502 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:a few of them are 100% called for anyone who thinksConfusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.was not justified is insane. A condi weapon doing 1 shot level damage on a condi build using strike damage :astonished: yehhh ok...

1shot PEPEGA

Deadshot amulet lol. Literally an amulet with no power. One sages I see 5-7k crits. On Illusions Chronobunk I've seen 16k crits.

I was expecting the worse when I read what the reason for the design changes were but nothing here affects how I play Mesmer in PvE so for me its better then pretty much every patch post Mesmer rework.

PvP nerfs are to be expected because of the pathological hatred of Mesmer's from PvP whiners.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:a few of them are 100% called for anyone who thinksConfusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.was not justified is insane. A condi weapon doing 1 shot level damage on a condi build using strike damage :astonished: yehhh ok...

1shot PEPEGA

Deadshot amulet lol. One sages I see 5-7k crits. On Illusions Chronobunk I've seen 16k crits.

yes but he said " condi weapon "

on chrono it's not " condI " its fucking ferocity and power lmao

it still does TIMES less damage than other skills such as RAPID FIRE WITH ITS DOUBLE TIMES FASTER ATK SPEED AND DOUBLE RANGE

XD

never seen a developer retarded enough to nerf a value by 50%, what goes by 600%+ which is what mirrors got lmao. The mirror nerf was more deserved but it was still too much. The scepter nerf , however, was completely undeservedthe only reason chrono did damage was because of might stacks and ferocity

also if you're trying to convince me that 5k damage on a 3 sec cast time skill is too much you're going to have to try harder because it's a fucking joke in comparison to the damage other classes do

are you aware that a revenant can do 20k damage with unrelenting assault? iframe skill btw

Also I think we can expect similar sacrifices to core shatters when picking Mirage or Chronomancer with what they did for Daredevil, Druid, and Berserker probably the balance patch after this one. If they're making changes like getting rid of F1 burst skills for warriror outside of Berserkering, cutting Steal's Range by 50%, and nerfing Druid Pet Stats there is almost certainly something in the pipeline coming for Chronomancer and Mirage that wasn't ready for this particular release. So brace yourselves for that.

Confusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.Master of Manipulation: Instead of granting the mirror effect, this trait now grants superspeed for 3 seconds. This superspeed is also applied to allies affected by your manipulation skills.

HALLELUJAH!

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Confusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.Master of Manipulation: Instead of granting the mirror effect, this trait now grants superspeed for 3 seconds. This superspeed is also applied to allies affected by your manipulation skills.

HALLELUJAH!

"Master of Manipulation: Instead of granting the mirror effect, this trait now grants superspeed for 3 seconds. This superspeed is also applied to allies affected by your manipulation skills.Mass Invisibility: Reduced the casting time of the land version of this skill to match the underwater version. Increased the base stealth duration from 5 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 90 seconds to 60 seconds."

DAGyu2L.jpg

@"ZDragon.3046" said:

Was a bit too strong in pvp only when combined with alot of the other defensive / sustain tools offered by mesmer / mirage. Top this ontop of the current mesmer play style and it makes for a strong combo thats very unfun to fight... most people will tell you mesmer in general is no fun to fight and its about time anet started listening. They do it for every other class when it becomes unfun to fight mesmer should not be an exception here.

What mirage defensive tools? 2 seconds of vigor on shatter? Even if we say this is true, why nerf core mesmer?

Mesmer theme description from gw2 wiki"They weave deception magic that seeks to confound, disorient and dumbfound their enemies."You won't like every class you play against, especially if the reason why is displayed in the class description.However, this class description is also why I enjoyed playing the class in the first place.Blinding dissipation has been around for almost forever now, that was not the problem and you know it.

@incisorr.9502 said:

1shot PEPEGA

this patch is complete kitten, arena net just showed once again that they;re just about the most clueless and incompetent developer out there and the only reason their game was a success was because of GW1 and because of luck and maybe perhaps because the initial teams that worked on the game actually had some clue, unlike the clowns working in anet right nowook well if we were going by gw1 standards if i recall mesmer would be something similar to a support with fairly minimal damage.....

it just feels like targeted and biased nerfs. In top 100 in spvp there are like 3 miragesaccept when anet does balance changes its not focused on only the top players not to mention spvp is team based not single player based invalidating the results even more. There could be several more skilled mirages out there than many of those other 100 players but cant get there because spvp is a team based game and your rating will rise and fall based on your teams success.

to use this as a argument to justify if something should or should not be nerfed practically has no consensus.

if you wanna argue that mesmer was too strong cus of powercreep or w/e then you should make the argument for the other classes as well but we only see mesmer nerfsMesmer was no doubt strong and it still is going to be strong its just going to now have more risk involved with its reward. Mesmer was un fun to fight regardless of it was strong or not or in the hands of a skilled player or not and thats the issue here. Scourge, Reaper, Daredevil, Holo, Firebrand, and soulbeast have all had unfun builds and or mechanices in the past that caused people to find them unfun and they were culled down as a result. Mesmer by no means should be an exception here sorry. You can argue that not everyone finds mesmer unfun to fight but i know for a fact a large majority of people do.

there's no nerfs on ranger or warrior or holo or revenant or thief or anything, they just keep getting buffed while mesmer keeps getting gutted despite already being the least played class in the game(in plat3/legendary at least, which is what the game is for me)Because they already had them mesmer has been slipping through the cracks for who knows how many patches. in the past half of mesmer nerfs were not even realistic nerfs. (nerfing the strike damage on a condition weapon like the axe when the condis on the axe are over tuned is not a realistic nerf)

the patch notes are a complete joke overall, they literally don't address a single issue with the game. These people must be trolling at this point, the last 2 patches have to be the most kitten kitten ive seen in recent years , gratsThese are some of the most solid notes ive seen and i dont know if anet restructuring and focusing on gw2 had anything to do with it or not but they are now actively pursuing things that people have been asking for while now. (see berserker update and rework to necro focus 4)

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:a few of them are 100% called for anyone who thinksConfusing Images: The physical damage of this skill has been split and reduced by 50% in PvP and WvW.was not justified is insane. A condi weapon doing 1 shot level damage on a condi build using strike damage :astonished: yehhh ok...

1shot PEPEGA

this patch is complete kitten, arena net just showed once again that they;re just about the most clueless and incompetent developer out there and the only reason their game was a success was because of GW1 and because of luck and maybe perhaps because the initial teams that worked on the game actually had some clue, unlike the clowns working in anet right nowook well if we were going by gw1 standards if i recall mesmer would be something similar to a support with fairly minimal damage.....

it just feels like targeted and biased nerfs. In top 100 in spvp there are like 3 miragesMesmer was no doubt strong and it still is going to be strong its just going to now have more risk involved with its reward. Mesmer was un fun to fight regardless of it was strong or not or in the hands of a skilled player or not and thats the issue here. Holo, and soulbeast have all had unfun builds and or mechanices in the past that caused people to find them unfun and they were culled down as a result.

?

Holo, and soulbeast have all had unfun builds and or mechanices in the past that caused people to find them unfun and they were culled down as a result.

Are we playing the same game?

@incisorr.9502 said:

1shot PEPEGA

Deadshot amulet lol. One sages I see 5-7k crits. On Illusions Chronobunk I've seen 16k crits.

yes but he said " condi weapon "

on chrono it's not " condI " its kitten ferocity and power lmao

it still does TIMES less damage than other skills such as RAPID FIRE WITH ITS DOUBLE TIMES FASTER ATK SPEED AND DOUBLE RANGE

XD

never seen a developer kitten enough to nerf a value by 50%, what goes by 600%+ which is what mirrors got lmao. The mirror nerf was more deserved but it was still too much. The scepter nerf , however, was completely undeservedthe only reason chrono did damage was because of might stacks and ferocity

also if you're trying to convince me that 5k damage on a 3 sec cast time skill is too much you're going to have to try harder because it's a kitten joke in comparison to the damage other classes do

are you aware that a revenant can do 20k damage with unrelenting assault? iframe skill btw

Rapid fire has a 3.75 damage coefficient and no condition damage portion to the attack over 2.5 seconds.

Confusing images has a 5.32 damage coefficient and applies 7 stacks of confusion for 4 seconds over 2.25 seconds.

"Times less damage and double times faster attack speed".

Yeah ok, you have less than no idea what you're talking about. Confusing images is basically a mobile, 900 range, 2.25s cast time hundred blades. It's beyond busted and deserves the nerf.

The problem with the skill is that targeted beam attacks are inherently clunky and unfun to use. The proper way to fix that is not to buff them to absolutely brokenly obscene levels of damage.

@mortrialus.3062 said:Also I think we can expect similar sacrifices to core shatters when picking Mirage or Chronomancer with what they did for Daredevil, Druid, and Berserker probably the balance patch after this one. If they're making changes like getting rid of F1 burst skills for warriror outside of Berserkering, cutting Steal's Range by 50%, and nerfing Druid Pet Stats there is almost certainly something in the pipeline coming for Chronomancer and Mirage that wasn't ready for this particular release. So brace yourselves for that.

im actually glad you pointed this out it had not occured to me that several professions dont give up anything for taking an elite spec.Such as scourge giving up shroud, reaper having increased life force cost over time, weaver no longer being able to rapid switch attuments, tempest having longer increased cd for overloading an attunment... and so onChrono and and Mirage didnt really seem to give up anything and just got pure bonuses tapped onto their base mesmer mechanics.

So, after yet another round of random nerfs... can we get our Vigor uptime back now?

I do like the CC related changes. I also agree that shatters are bloated and I personally favour more F-specific traits. However, the change to Blinding Dissipation reads as a pretty big nerf. The change to Master of Manipulation just makes me extremly angry. It's so lazy and makes me never want to touch that trait. Mirror over Super Speed anytime.

Now... I'm wondering... will Chronomancers actually eventually lose Distortion for CS?