Acronyms used related to fractals

I have recently reached t4 of fractals and everytime i look at lfg room it says "chrono, dps, bs, 150k healer"....what does that mean?

Edit: i was abused and asked to leave for asking someone for what bs stands for....im so sad :(

Edit 2:Thank you guys! Also, im a fb and have minstrel stats. Are those stats good for fractals t4 and cms.?

What is mean about that? People looking for certain classes, probably the can do it better with that seup, most of the time it means they struggle with no boons and overheals or they juts copy-past what they saw.Dahell is 150K healer I dn't know. Maybe 150AR?

Crono is -CronomasterDPS-Damage per Second, abbriviation used to describe Damage DealersBS-Banner Slave, build of warrior

@"Anatolian Turk.4057" said:I have recently reached t4 of fractals and everytime i look at lfg room it says "chrono, dps, bs, 150k healer"....what does that mean?

I dont see anything particularly mean about that.

It states which comp of classes/builds the party is looking for.

Chronomance (mesmer's elite spec which buffs the group)Dps (some dps)Bs (a warrior build that also buffs the party and brings banners)Druid (another buffer/healer)

150k (i assume this was 150kp? If so it refer to kill proof that one of the two fractal cms drop, a method to check ppl if they know the fractal if you will)

https://discretize.eu This page has prob all the builds and tactics that ppl use in fractals (unless outdated).

Ppl cant really identify if someone isnt familiar with the content so they might end up being mean or ask you to leave, sorry if someone was toxic towards you, not everyone is like that.

150k - likely stands for kill proof, which means you joined a challenge mode group unknowinglychrono, dps, healer - obviousbs - banner slave (warrior providing banners)

People are not mean, they explicitly stated what they are looking for. You decided to ignore their LFG and what they are looking for and join.

What you could have done was: ask in public what those abbreviations mean, then decide if you want to join said group or not. You could have also asked on the forums, as you are doing now, and have people explaine why that group is not looking for people new to T4 fractals and what those abbreviations stand for.

Other noteworthy abbreviations for fractals are:p+f = potions (referring to fractal points) and food (referring to food and utility buff)fb - Firebrand, in general as quickbrand dps or quickbrand healren - renegade to provide alacrity (as again either dps or healer)kp - similar to k, stands for kill proof with a certain amount given (if no amount if given, a certain title can suffice)daily - obviously a full set of dailiesrecs - recommended fractal dailies, usually done after T4 or which ever tier of fractal dailies get run

Edit 2:Thank you guys! Also, im a fb and have minstrel stats. Are those stats good for fractals t4 and cms.?

Minstrel works for WvW and as heal Firebrand in fractals. It will perform worse then say Harrier (and you might get a tad more attention from enemies than other people in group due to higher toughness) but overall it works for support builds. Don't expect to do any damage though and don't run anything besides heal support in fractals.

People were mean because he asked what is BS, not because they had requirements for group composition. Saying that there is nothing mean about asking for group composition literally has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

@"Anatolian Turk.4057" said:I have recently reached t4 of fractals and everytime i look at lfg room it says "chrono, dps, bs, 150k healer"....what does that mean?

Edit: i was abused and asked to leave for asking someone for what bs stands for....im so sad :(

If someone was abusive to you, right click their name and report them.

Kinda got a point.If you don't understand what an LFG means, or is looking for, it's on you if you join it, and you'll be called out for it, and possibly kicked for your mistake on joining something you have no idea what you joined to.It's like asking in an LFG looking for Charr Mesmers with white fur, dressed in pink.

But a Dark Green Sylvari joins instead.

But you really want to be a part of the party of big, hulking furry Charr, wearing pink dresses, casting butterflies and glamours, in their full glam makeup, pink armor, and white speckled fur, but you have this, dark green salad, running around after you, wondering what's going on.It's not fun for the 4 Pink clad Charr Mesmers, chained to this, dark green salad, that doesn't know right from wrong. Day from night. Up from down. He just wants to have fun, to kill enemies and bask in glory of finishing a Tier 4 fractal without any hiccoughs, but doesn't know how, or when or why.Don't be that salad.This all boils down to:

Always read your LFGs, and always know what is requested before joining. If you don't understand an LFG, don't join it.

Kinda got a point.If you don't understand what an LFG means, or is looking for, it's on you if you join it, and you'll be called out for it, and possibly kicked for your mistake on joining something you have no idea what you joined to.It's like asking in an LFG looking for Charr Mesmers with white fur, dressed in pink.

But you really want to be a part of the party of big, hulking furry Charr, wearing pink dresses, casting butterflies and glamours, in their full glam makeup, pink armor, and white speckled fur, but you have this, dark green salad, running around after you, wondering what's going on.It's not fun for the 4 Pink clad Charr Mesmers, chained to this, dark green salad, that doesn't know right from wrong. Day from night. Up from down. He just wants to have fun, to kill enemies and bask in glory of finishing a Tier 4 fractal without any hiccoughs, but doesn't know how, or when or why.Don't be that salad.Always read your LFGs, and always know what is requested before joining.

I'm trying to figure out why spike is being hostile to the OP, i could care less about why the OP got kicked from a lfg group. Did i miss something?

@kasoki.5180 said:People were mean because he asked what is BS, not because they had requirements for group composition. Saying that there is nothing mean about asking for group composition literally has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

If someone was abusive to you, right click their name and report them.With all due respect, all we know is OP claimed (implicitly) they were asked to leave for nothing. It's just their words / perspective on the situation. For example, somebody saying "dude, if you don't even know what is bs, we can't take you into our group, you just aren't experienced enough, sorry, please leave now, and google all this stuff yourself" is completely justified behavior, even if OP didn't like it. Some people can be really entitled these days, so I wouldn't just blindly trust any such complaint, and OP hasn't backed up their words with anything, so far.

@fill.3106 said:

@"Spike.5073"

But you really want to be a part of the party of big, hulking furry Charr, wearing pink dresses, casting butterflies and glamours, in their full glam makeup, pink armor, and white speckled fur, but you have this, dark green salad, running around after you, wondering what's going on.It's not fun for the 4 Pink clad Charr Mesmers, chained to this, dark green salad, that doesn't know right from wrong. Day from night. Up from down. He just wants to have fun, to kill enemies and bask in glory of finishing a Tier 4 fractal without any hiccoughs, but doesn't know how, or when or why.Don't be that salad.Always read your LFGs, and always know what is requested before joining.

I'm trying to figure out why spike is being hostile to the OP, i could care less about why the OP got kicked from a lfg group. Did i miss something?

Because it's a non-post really. Many people can google 'bs guild wars 2' and find themselves at the gw2 wiki as this is the top result;

q4M8uF2.png

There's no genuine help needed beyond Google here.

Some worthwhile take-aways from this thread:

• Don't join a group if the LFG doesn't make sense. It's one of those, "if you have to ask..." situations.
  • Try not to take it personally if you're kicked (with or without comment). It could be more about them than you.
  • If someone does break the rules, report them (in game using /report or via support ticket).

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Spike.5073"

Because it's a non-post really. Many people can google 'bs guild wars 2' and find themselves at the gw2 wiki as this is the top result;

q4M8uF2.png

There's no genuine help needed beyond Google here.

There are tons of topics here that are "non issues" but its a forum, where people talk about ideas, opinions and rants. My deal is with spike being hostile to the OP with colorful language. And if you don't see that, you're just defending him then.

People who are experienced in a game or game mode tend to use acronyms that outsiders will not understand. Luckily there are resources available for those wishing to join in. If you wish to participate in a community that has its own language it is a good idea to do some homework.

Still not an excuse for said community to be offensive or abusive toward newcomers (if that is what happened).

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@kasoki.5180 said:People were mean because he asked what is BS, not because they had requirements for group composition. Saying that there is nothing mean about asking for group composition literally has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

If someone was abusive to you, right click their name and report them.With all due respect, all we know is OP claimed (implicitly) they were asked to leave for nothing. It's just their words / perspective on the situation. For example, somebody saying "dude, if you don't even know what is bs, we can't take you into our group, you just aren't experienced enough, sorry, please leave now, and google all this stuff yourself" is completely justified behavior, even if OP didn't like it. Some people can be really entitled these days, so I wouldn't just blindly trust any such complaint, and OP hasn't backed up their words with anything, so far.

With all due respect this is one of more toxic comments i have seen on these forums. I suggested to report verbal abuse and your comment is basically: "maybe they are just entitled". Like wtf??

Maybe they are, maybe they arent. Thats on Anet to decide once the person submits a report. Its definitely not on you to diminish on forums.

Im not saying that OP is in the right here but this jump to assumptions how anyone with problems is automatically an entitled brat is next level bs

@"kasoki.5180" said:Im not saying that OP is in the right here but this jump to assumptions how anyone with problems is automatically an entitled brat is next level bs

And when you read that as "Next level Banner Slave", is when you know you have written way to many LFG's.

But yea, I recommend looking up on what things like KP and profession acronyms stand for before blindly joining groups (Cyninja essentially gave you all the basics you need to know right here).I don't appreciate when people just kick beginners without explanation, but on the other hand, it's also rude to just join into a group looking for something specific without knowing what it means, and you can't always expect them to be happy about explaining things that are rather easily looked up, while they actually want to set up LFG again, look for what they need and go to start the content.

If they were really toxic about your lack of knowledge, sure, just forget about them and move on. Don't let that sour the content for you.On the other hand, keep in mind you could have been the 3rd or so person having no clue joining them that day, leading to them getting frustrated due to wasting time.

In short:People put things in the LFG for a reason, and it's reasonable for them to expect that whoever joins adheres to those requirements.If someone new and clueless joins your group, don't be a dick about it. New people joining the gamemode you enjoy playing is vital in the long term for the health of that gamemode. Worst case, you scare them away with your toxicity and lost a potential qualified player in the future and sit in LFG all day.

@"Anatolian Turk.4057" said:Edit 2:Thank you guys! Also, im a fb and have minstrel stats. Are those stats good for fractals t4 and cms.?

Don't join CMs in LFG if you just reached T4. It will be incredibly miserable experience. If you want to try those now, go with friends or guild who will be more patient than random people who just want to get their daily done.

Check out this site https://discretize.eu/ It has many guides, builds, tricks&tips for every class/fractal.

Emotions run high in some fractal groups, dont let it bother you :) If its too abusive, report them so they get a timeout and reality check. Anet has been really cracking down on that, which is good.

Cyn already told you the abbreviations necessary, and yes minstrel firebrand is okay. Harrier would be better, but the difference is rather marginal.

More important than harrier or minstrel is:a) when you join a lfg just looking for "fb", then ask immediately after joining if heal-fb is okay, some want a power fb and are then disappointed.b) you should bring GS and Axe for trashmob pulls. GS5 and axe3 are your mainpulls then, F1 tome skill3 is a smaller backup pull.c) use your tomes, so important. Take the time, maybe even make a sticky note with which skill gives what boons in your tomes. Your tome skills are the best skills you have, and I always cry when I see firebrands not using them - at all.d) usually either you or a weaver/tempest are initializing the "prestack" shenanigans at the mistlock singularity. Whenever possible, use all your boonbuffing skills (including tomes) at the mistlock singularity to stack up boons, and then reset cooldowns by interacting with the singularity. Some firebrands even buff twice, though imo thats nonesense, you want your tome cooldowns reset for the support they can offer. However, if your team does enough dmg it might be better to buff up twice and focus on doing dmg/healing in the first minute.

I swore to myself I wouldnt do this anymore, but since Ive been doing some pug raids/fractals over the last few days again I noticed theres a ton of healfirebrands that dont know where their healing comes from. So, maybe, Ill write another guide on firebrand heals in this forum. Or is there already one on SC or dt websites?

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

Because naming and shaming is against the rules, maybe? Actually reading the initial post indicates that they have at least some experience with fractals, if they're running T4. Either that, or there's a whole lot of BS on these forums about how much skill is needed to run fractals, else they wouldn't be running T4, right? Also, they weren't asked to leave "for nothing", they were asked to leave because they asked what bs means.

You can get to t4 fractals with ascended gear from pvp, wvw, crafted, achievements in less than a day. Thats in no way enough time to gather enough experience for exp'ed daily clears with cm. Hence why this thread even exists.Getting to t4, and being ready for fluedly clearing the dailies on t4 is two different kinds of things. Getting to t4 doesnt automatically equip you with an efficiently optimized build for your desired role, it doesnt teach you how to play said build in fractals.

Sure, you can clear normal t4 dailies without doing that. Quite honestly, the minimum standard for normal t4 fractals is quite low. But there IS a minimum standard and the game doesnt teach anything about that. And even what the game offers as teaching is often so obscured it gets overlooked a lot - for example, how many of you did know that breaking cc bar increases dmg for duration of the purple debuff? And that you can look for that effect by mouse-hovering over the red shield at the front of the cc bar?

So, no... just because someone reached t4 fractals doesnt automatically mean even the most basic understanding of how instanced group content works is there. To get that experience, you have to endure either quite some more rather unpleasant t4 fractal runs with people willing to teach you - or go on the internet and read up on builds, how to play them, as well as specific fractal guides telling you what to focus on.