Balance Changes Upcoming

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aylpse.6280 said:Druid changes aren't good, I don't know if I'd be able to find the quote, but back in HoT the devs promised up and down Druid would -always- be relevant in high end PvE. I concede I don't have much expertise here as a PvP player primarily but I feel like this unwarranted pet nerf is going to leave them on the fringes and even worse, negatively impact soloplay. I'm glad I've moved on to Ele and Guardian because if this keeps up there isn't going to be a Druid at all. Understand that it cuts me deep to see a class I care about so much take nerf after nerf after nerf.

I agree in regards to the solo play side of things. They should have adjusted Druid to be more viable in terms of solo play before adding the trade-off for the pets instead of solely focusing on the idea that they need to give a trade-off for the Druid Spec. The trade-off for Soulbeast works just fine because Soulbeast is viable in solo play and it can sustain itself well enough with the utilities and traits given but Druid just seems worse off because they are basically GW1 Monk at this stage (and we're talking bog standard monk, not the solo play 55HP Monk)

I think they need to rework Druid a bit more because all I see on it is GW1 Monk (heal, heal, more heals) and I'm pretty sure we have other Elite Specs capable of doing the same job on other professions that can adjust themselves for solo so I don't get why Druid can't do it. Then they can think about the whole trade-off with pet nerf.

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:"Soul Eater: This trait has been reworked. It now increases the strike damage dealt to all foes within a range of 300 by 10%, and it causes the reaper to heal for 5% of the damage dealt to foes within that range. It no longer reduces greatsword-skill recharge by 20%."Wow! i cannot tell you how disgusted and disappointed I am at this massive nerf, and don't kid yourselves it is a huge nerf. GS is so bloody slow as it is that the removal of reduction is going to seriously limit the use of this in all areas of the game, more so in WvW and PvP.Unneeded, unnecessary, and totally unbalanced, so disgusted I need to walk away from these boards and this game for a while!

It's a global 10% damage increase for Reaper (as I understand it), and all you lose for it is a few seconds recharge on Nightfall and Grasping Darkness (which you didn't take in most cases anyway over Decimate Defenses), and Grasping Darkness got a pretty major range increase.

Not sure what you are complaining about here, or how this is a nerf, let alone a massive one.

Druid nerfs seem really unjustified, you sacrifice so much damage by taking druid spec at all that even open world content is a pain to clear alone and now weaker pets will make that even worse, and Glyph of Empowerment is one of the only things keeping druid viable for group content at all since it brings poor healing and worse damage than firebrand/renegade. A pity I bothered getting medium harrier's instead of heavy I guess lmao.

@Doggie.3184 said:Hmm, so Pistol/Dagger Thief has been useless in both PvP and PvE since launch so lets focus on the skill that requires a Pistol with an empty offhand. Cool beanz.

Clarifying here: P/D 3 got buffed a patch or two ago to flip over to Repeater when it connects. This Repeater buff brings it in line with Sw/D's Flanking Strike->Larcenous Strike 4/2 initiative use.

Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 fancy adding a fix to woven strides that you guys broke with last patch so we can actually play pvp and try out these changes - or at least acknowledge to your customer base that you are aware of it with an eta!

What changes, do any of these buffs mean something? Cleansing Water and Healing cone already have low healing, and both are used for cleansing condis or some LUL healing. Changes to air is nothing but a bell ringing of the 130 range on sword. Changes to earth are the only thig that matter, but only one change. Changes to fire are meh, piercing means nothing now, air was the go to for auto attacks and the range got nerfed. The only buff is Arcane Abatement, better healing, that's it.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@"lordalucard.8096" said:every 3 months after the same class blance patch

we need something new
  • New Craft İtems Maybe Drop Dungeon Cm's
  • New Dungeon For New İtems
  • No Collection Farm Dungeon Tokens.

Dungeons are long dead, best get used to it. Fractals is where it is at.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/51844/my-advice-for-game-content

look this topic. I write to long ago...

@Zenith.7301 said:Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

It wasn't enough that power herald and reaper are about 30%+ behind the top power DPS specs in PvE, but you needed to divert your attention to revamping power warrior and daredevil, two of the meta specs. Obviously for PvP reasons, since we've established you only do inane token changes for PvE.

Then the poorly thought out nerfs to druid keep rolling in. It's not enough that renegade+firebrand completely outclass druid/chrono in PvE in healing, damage output, and boon provision, but you've felt it necessary to make the druid spec more like the healing elementalist specs (a pure healer with decreasing offensive utility) which is precisely what leaves healing elementalist specs irrelevant to begin with compared to support specs which boost the offensive performances of a group.

It's too bad the structural changes going on at Anet didn't happen to class development, because you alone are to blame for the dwindling raid and instanced PvE scene given your atrocious balance gimmicks which don't address the NUMERICAL DISPARITIES that are so vast across specs and which you refuse to bridge for some reason, instead choosing to implement strange changes to niche traits as if they were some solution.

Take the revenant changes. How in hell does 25 more energy help a power revenant compensate for their abysmal numbers? They already swap legends on cooldown and at best it's 3 seconds of extra impossible odds, which does absolutely nothing. POWER REVENANT ISSUES ARE ITS ABYSMAL SKILL NUMBERS, FIX THEM. Making the core spec have some worthless 5 unblockable attacks in PvE in shiro will change nothing; a 30% buff across the board to its skills in PvE only WILL. Same goes for reaper.

But who am I kidding, it's always this PvP/WVW first, PvE later garbage design for the past 5+ years. No wonder people have flocked away from the game when you show them what formats truly capture the attention of your developers.

Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

Another useless patch of powercreeping "unused" skills/traits and suggesting nerfs to random elite specs on the pretense of tradeoff instead of addressing overperforming ones, and the supposed tradeoffs "nerfs" aren't even nerfs that matter to make people want to seriously consider picking core over especs.

@Elrond.9486 said:

@"Zenith.7301" said:Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

Is this satire? If this is a PvP centered balance patch, it is one of the most misdirected patches ever, this does absolute nothing about any of the obvious problems in PvP balance.

Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

Hey, I main healer renegade, I guess I will abuse buffs to the best support class in PvE because Anet saw fit to blindly throw darts at the board when it comes to balance.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:Glad to see more PvP centric garbage changes dictating the direction of balance in this game.

Let's see, scepter nerfs on mesmer (because they were so good in PvE, NOT), ventari buffs (because it was struggling in PvE clearly, yes this is sarcasm), daredevil steal change for no reason whatsoever alongside those "offsets", a berzerker warrior revamp that wasn't even needed because condi zerker was a functional meta build in PvE.

No significant PvE buff for power herald or reaper, because those specs get cried about in PvP. More druid nerfs, because the babies in WvW are complaining about druid roamers alongside soulbeasts. And a couple more mirage and chrono nerfs just for further pandering to the pvp crowd, as if raids needed any more daredevil/weaver stacking with the only competitive condi build besides mirage, renegade, nerfed in an earlier patch to make sure no condi spec competes with the top power specs because god forbid condi specs be good, since the pvp/wvw crybabies will flood the forums with their tears about losing duels or eating an epidemic.

Soul eater gives +10% damage universally, how isnt that a significant buff?

power warrior (berserker) meta

thanks for the laugh