Which old maps would you like to see “expand” or update?

@"phs.6089" said:R9NKl50.png

Guess which map I want to be expanded :s

I saw somewhere that it was originally planned to play as a Tengu and their racial city would have been the Dominion of Winds.... Which later was not implemented in the game.

Damn it... How much I'd give to be able to explore this or play as that race...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Svennis.3852" said:The future of GW2 blog post had a lot of exciting stuff. What caught my eye in particular was the notion we might revisit old maps with expanded boarders and/or content.

Is there a particular map you’d like to return to? What kind of updates or new content would you like to see?

The first notion that comes to mind is revisiting Gandara and revamping the meta event. I would love to see more inside the fort besides 1 hallway!

Any map with significant landmarks, probably historical or otherwise significant will do.

I feel like most locations lack depth, like the gate of torment being unused, jahai fortress has no own character to it, (awakened everywhere, has become boring), bloodstone locations, mursaat locations. Basically any LW map designed with one "event" in mind rather than a permanent location.

I’d like to see them re-release living story season 1 as a new fractal type. Instead of containing fractals to 100 separate the new ones into a different set with different types. Have battle for lions arch a big group fractal with tower of nightmare being the same.

The fact that they take up 4 different fractals at the moment leaves less room for new fractals.

Why not separate and call it fractals of the past? Different encounters that were once playable but cut off as they were live only but now once again replayable?

@Blocki.4931 said:

@zityz.6089 said:Only place I would like to see expanded upon is Fields of Ruin in Ascalon region. Mostly near Ebonhawke area.I'm sure the guards should be able to let us through the gate now. They can't have anything on the other side of that gate we haven't already seen that's worse.Maybe even make Ebonhawke a bit more useful overall. Its a cool city that's not even a hub and kind of serves as an afterthought now.

Behind the gate isn't really interesting though. It's basically just the tunnel, which we know from a PoF NPC has completely caved in and they have to dig through it all the way again to establish a connection.

Sure they could do that now, I even think that they will do it, but there still wouldn't be much to see.

In general I would love there to be more connections between LS maps and normal maps. Not just between themselves like Kourna and that other map. Tons more of that wherever it makes sense. Make the world feel more connected again. Back in the day it was awesome that there were multiple actual ships that took you to different locations in Lion's Arch, like Southsun.

Exactly! I can not stand that the trend now is to maps that are not connected to everything else. Two maps in season 3 connected to other maps but even then you had to complete some of the story before you could enter the map.

I would like to have everything HoT has to offer everyplace in the game pve wise. Adrenal Mushrooms, Bounce Pads, Ley lines, Nuhoch Wallows and Wind Gusts. If people don't have HoT and the proper masteries they wont be able to use them. Just don't make it required to use them but a added benefit for those who do. I was thinking like shortcuts to aid in map completion. Example a bounce pad that leads to a Vista.

Lets not forget the use of the Ancient Magic mastery tracks. I never understood why we can't have use for those in other areas as well rather than specific maps. Thermal Propulsion and Oakheart's Reach could easily be added to spice up maps.

I don't think its a big ask because we can use all the PoF masteries with our mounts but our HoT masteries are pretty much useless except for Gliding.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Thorns_mastery_trackshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Path_of_Fire_mastery_tracks

Ascalon.I love moderate and beautiful color harmony of Central Tyria, especially Ascalon.Recent maps, Path of Fire and Living Story season 3 - 4 graphic colors are too intense for me. It looks like 'unnatural'I remember GW2 manifesto said 'paintary, hand crafted' and that was the top reason I started to play GW2.So I hope the beautiful color harmony of nature like Ascalon.

The one thing I want the most is the one thing I know I'll never get, challenging mobs in core tyria (or most anywhere else). I'd love something like instanced versions of the core maps with mobs etc set to beta levels of difficulty etc. So I could go solo or up to full party of 5 and take on it. Would also save me from zergs reducing any challenge to spam attacks etc.

Know I won't get it. I mean Orr these days are about the same difficulty as Queensdale used to be around launch. And the best PVE in the game is fighting the dummy NPC's in the pvp lobby.