E-Spec: Shaman

VocalThought.9835

(I also been waiting to post this till I came up with the trait system, but... I bad with creating traits. )

I give you the Shaman, the Ranger's version of a Necromancer. This is an elite specialization for the Ranger that's professional mechanic allow them to transform into their pet, replacing their weapon skills with their pets abilities and (maybe their pet archetype ability) new skill. It also has a Sustain bar that's like the celestial meter or Necro's Life Force, which determines how long you can stay in Animal form. They also use the focus in the off hand and conjure Totems to buff their allies and rejuvenate their sustain ability while their in the Totems' radius.

Prof. Mech.: Shape-shift: Transform into your pet gaining the abilities of the pet, replacing your weapon skills. Being in this form and using the weapon skills and taking damage while in this form will drain from your “Sustain” energy pool.Weapon: FocusSkill 4: Slumbering Breeze: Daze foes and curing conditions on allies.Skill 5: Forest Guardians: Summon Wisps to a targeted area, damaging foes, while confusing them.Skills: Totem- Objects summoned that pulses out buff to you and allies. When tapped on again, it unleashes an animal spirit that grants some additional buffs on allies and/or conditions on foes, destroying the totem. All totems pulse Sustain to the Shaman while within range.Healing SkillTotem of Life: Summon a totem, regenerating health.--Releases the “Eagle”, granting swiftness to you and allies in the area, destroying the totem.Utility SkillsTotem of Destruction: Summon a totem increasing Critical Damage and Condition Damage to you and allies in the area.-- Releases the “Serpent”, poisoning foes in the area, destroying the totem.Totem of Protection: Summon a totem, granting Protection and Retaliation to you and allies in the area.-- Releases the “Wolf”, stunning foes, destroying the totem.Totem of Wisdom: Summon a totem, pulses the area, increasing Boon Duration and Condition Duration to you and allies in the area.-- Releases the Owl spirit, giving aegis to allies.Totem of Power: Summon a totem, increasing grants Resistance to you and allies in the area.-- Releases the Jaguar spirit, that improves Direct Damage and regains endurance to you and allies in the area.EliteTotem of Honor: Summon a totem, pulses the area, granting Fury and Stability to you and allies in the area. Recharges “Sustain” while in range. Tapping on the skill again releases an animal spirit, Bear, granting Might to you and allies while knocking down foes, destroying the totem.

While it look cool with all the shape-shifting and totems, i prefer they add elite spec for ranger that isn't about magic like a rifleAlso isn't merging with your pet is the same as shape-shifting into your pet but without the ability to use your weapon skill (which is to me is a big downside). Totems act like Warrior's banners, do we need another 1?Also also "replacing your weapon skills. Being in this form and using the weapon skills drain from your “Sustain” energy pool." the second "weapon skill" you meant pet skill right?

@"Ultramex.1506" said:While it look cool with all the shape-shifting and totems, i prefer they add elite spec for ranger that isn't about magic like a rifleAlso isn't merging with your pet is the same as shape-shifting into your pet but without the ability to use your weapon skill (which is to me is a big downside). Totems act like Warrior's banners, do we need another 1?Also also "replacing your weapon skills. Being in this form and using the weapon skills drain from your “Sustain” energy pool." the second "weapon skill" you meant pet skill right?

Thanks for saying it looks cool. I really can't see a class like this using a rifle. Plus I really can't see a ranger using a rifle or pistol. I know "Totems" seem like Warrior's "Banners", but I guess you can say the same for Wells and Traps. The main difference is that totems will support extending the duration Ranger's can extend their Animal Form while in it's radius. Merging with your pet like SoulBeast is different than Shaman, because SoulBeast retains your true form whereas Shamans adopt the form of their pet. While in Animal Form Weapon Skills are replaced with pet skills. F Skills, except F5 are inactive. F5 will change you back. The weapon/pet skills are referring to keys 1-5 while in animal form, not F1-F5. Actually looking at it, I don't think that' a good idea.

Shaman definitely is a name that would fit a Ranger elite spec, but I don't expect there to be another elite spec that involves merging with the pet.

However, a magical melee-oriented spec that has additional synergy with their pet could be awesome, particularly if it could take some inspiration from the bunny thumper in GW1.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:totems seem like the old spirits, could use a bit more originallity

Got any ideas that could make it more original?

idk. spirit pets? like guardian spirit weapons but animals instead?

That's a good one! I like that a lot. Would you like to come up with some traits for this E-Spec?

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@derd.6413 said:totems seem like the old spirits, could use a bit more originallity

Got any ideas that could make it more original?

idk. spirit pets? like guardian spirit weapons but animals instead?

That's a good one! I like that a lot. Would you like to come up with some traits for this E-Spec?

i'm not that good at traits or balance, i'm more about the flavor and lore