Risen and Demonic servants : Zhaitan, Dhuum, Kralka next ?

DrFox.8091

So Risen are Zhaitan's minions. In the past, Eyes of Zhaitan was the Old Kings and Queens of Orr (humans). As a "dragon champion" we also have Mouth of Zhaitan. Wiki say - "it is never specified what the Mouths were before corruption, but it appears to be made out of more than just one being..."

Now we got Demons like Eye of Fate or Eater of souls wich are demonic servants of Dhuum, guarding specifics places in the Mist.Those creatures looks pretty similar, especially Mouth and Eater of souls.https://www.zupimages.net/up/19/16/uwnz.jpgWe know Elder Dragons are more powerfull than gods, so can we suppose that Mouth of Zhaitan was a demon before?A corrupted demon wich could mean Zhaitan had an access to the Mists maybe ?

So i'm wondering.. Where Zhaitan found his demonic servants at the first place?Will we see Mists creatures corrupted by Kralka too? Like Demons or other kind?

Model rigging reuse and simple texture replacements is a common usage in game development. The models feel different enough that the chances of similar origins is incredibly unlikely and it was just an act to save resources on what was ultimately small (and in the case of the eyes, hard to see) foes of little importance. If pulling resources to make a better Eater of Souls model meant taking quality away from, say, Kralkatorrik's model or the Warbeast, then everyone would choose to skimp out on the Eater of Souls.

Nothing suggests that Zhaitan had access to the Mists except an apparent ability to pull a few souls.

And we've already seen Mists creatures corrupted by Kralkatorrik. They're called Riftstalkers and Riftcrawlers. They may look like karka but they're confirmed as creatures from the Mists.

Yep like Konig said, this is unfortunately a side effect of saving resources on not creating a whole new enemy type, model, base animations etc.

A common practice in MMO's and many RPG's tbhOften times it's little more than a slight alteration or reskin or a different colour palette.. but you can clearly the same foundation as another creature in the game.

That could be a neat concept, but I don’t expect that’ll apply to zhaitan. The only story left for zhaitan and Orr right now is the continued purification if the land and thinning of risen number, and possibly arah being relevant if we get more god stories. Point is, if we see demons being corrupted it’ll probably be done by kralkatorrik now.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:And we've already seen Mists creatures corrupted by Kralkatorrik. They're called Riftstalkers and Riftcrawlers. They may look like karka but they're confirmed as creatures from the Mists.Thanks for the info, I admit I thought it was a kind of branded Karka, lost into a rift create by Kralka..I hope we'll see more unknown creatures from the Mists, Because on the Skyscale trailer we can see a Branded Hydra (i think)https://www.zupimages.net/up/19/15/kgvk.pngIf we can have (at least) a mix between Elonian and Mists branded mobs that would be great!

I understand about the game developement choices, maybe they just should be more specific about the origins of the Eater of soul, to avoid any confusion.And yes I guess Zhaitan had limited powers on the souls, so he cant corrupt the ones who are not linked to Orr.

@Fenom.9457 said:Point is, if we see demons being corrupted it’ll probably be done by kralkatorrik now.Well there is some demons in vanilla maps sometimes (Queensdale for expl), maybe we'll see them become purple one day.. ;)

@DrFox.8091 said:I understand about the game developement choices, maybe they just should be more specific about the origins of the Eater of soul, to avoid any confusion.And yes I guess Zhaitan had limited powers on the souls, so he cant corrupt the ones who are not linked to Orr.

They're pretty clear about the Eater of Soul's origins. It's a demon that devours souls and wandered into the Underworld upon Grenth's departure, like many of the demons that wander into Kormir's Sanctum after her departure.

The Mouth of Zhaitan's origins are no doubt human, given that 90% of Orrian risen are human, and many are twisted drastically in shape, such as Risen Knights.

Eheh, proof of my confusion. I meant origins of Mouth of Zhaitan yeah. As high ranking Risen minions, Eyes got "powerful" origins and i thought Mouth could have some too.. I mean all abominations got a several corpses composition, the Mouth as a "dragon champion" could have been several corpse of Orrian sorcerer or else.. idk.Anyway i'm more interested about Demon and Nightmare races, since they are connected to the Mists.If Kralka can disrupt several realms, he could bring us new branded mobs again. Also if I remember, the Hall of Chains release gave us extra time of Halloween festival.., because of the Mists perturbations and all.I know, i have too much hope..