Justine.6351

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:if its only 2 strikes, then its worthless

... making sword5 or 4 into unblockable IS NOT WORTHLESS

i think you dont get it. If its only 2 hits vs 2 attacks able to hit max number of targets.No its not worth it at all if only 2 hits, plus having to give up espec too.

well then be happy with never buffed power shiro build

Thoughts from a random plat rev:-Changing staff skills around is annoying. I will give the new skills a chance but losing a CC is almost always a huge nerf. They should have just made a salvation trait that gives staff healing orbs and left the skills themselves untouched.-Depending on the amount of barrier granted by the new Resilient Spirit trait, Ventari will either remain trash become viable or potentially be broken. If it's anywhere near the amount that scrapper gets Ventari will be a very viable possible meta spec.-Depending on the recharge of the new Core rev skill, core rev could potentially gain a very strong bruiser build in the form of salvation/retribution/devastation. If it's anything less than 20 seconds it can replace charged mists in the Jalis/Shiro power jank build. If it's 10 seconds the build could even be as strong as herald.-Arcane echo on Jalis and shiro looks OP. For Jalis, rotgd is a blatantly better effect than just some boon. For shiro, you could use it on legend swap with charged mists and cast an unblockable jade winds and still have 50 energy left over.-If Unyielding Devotion procs off ALL healing including Revs main sustain traits ( Assassins Annihilation, Steadfast Rejuvenation ) It will be seen as free 15% damage reduction.

TL;DR it's hard to judge what exactly these changes will do because too many key details are left out. We don't know what the recharge of many of these new skills are. If Arcane echo is say a 90 second CD it will basically be non-impactful. If the amount of increase to healing on the orbs is something pitiful like only +20 healing a lot of these changes will end up being nothingburgers. But if it's some ridiculous +200% increase it will be exactly the opposite.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Thoughts from a random plat rev:-Arcane echo on Jalis and shiro looks OP. For Jalis, rotgd is a blatantly better effect than just some boon. For shiro, you could use it on legend swap with charged mists and cast an unblockable jade winds and still have 50 energy left over.

I though in Shiro it sounded enticing to chain between two PT's for 6 charges of unblockable, since the energy boost would fuel the 2nd PT... Although without Herald's damage modifiers, it might not pack enough of a punch, and you'd certainly be leaving yourself open to get dumped on without Glint's escape skills.

@narcx.3570 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Thoughts from a random plat rev:-Arcane echo on Jalis and shiro looks OP. For Jalis, rotgd is a blatantly better effect than just some boon. For shiro, you could use it on legend swap with charged mists and cast an unblockable jade winds and still have 50 energy left over.

I though in Shiro it sounded enticing to chain between two PT's for 6 charges of unblockable, since the energy boost would fuel the 2nd PT... Although without Herald's damage modifiers, it might not pack enough of a punch, and you'd certainly be leaving yourself open to get dumped on without Glint's escape skills.

That would actually usually be bad because you only need 1 unblockable attack to disrupt a block with staff 5 or any other CC. Chaining 2 PTs would normally be redundant.

@narcx.3570 said:

I am thinking more of Jailis. Rite of the great dwarf is a great skill, but at 40 energy it is hard to use (or use and use anything else). With it being free with Ancient Echo + 25 energy, Jailis could potentially be very strong PvP alternative.

We could see an alternative, less damage but more sustain power build, using retribution instead of herald. It depends on ancient echo CD and cast time.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

That would actually usually be bad because you only need 1 unblockable attack to disrupt a block with staff 5 or any other CC. Chaining 2 PTs would normally be redundant.

Have you never used PT+PS to kill some 1/2 life DH hiding behind f3? You could just triple burst somebody being blanketed by a FB support's aegis spam (assuming you'd still have the burst w/o elite modifiers).

PT+SotM is an old classic, but if you are swapping to staff every time somebody blocks, you're not always going to have the damage to kill them after you knock them out of their block.

@narcx.3570 said:

Have you never used PT+PS to kill some 1/2 life DH hiding behind f3? You could just triple burst somebody being blanketed by a FB support's aegis spam (assuming you'd still have the burst w/o elite modifiers).

PT+SotM is an old classic, but if you are swapping to staff every time somebody blocks, you're not always going to have the damage to kill them after you knock them out of their block.

Yes but you only need one PT to do it. And if you are dealing with aegis it's better to just auto.

Going to miss the weakness and daze on staff 2. It's such an useful skill in pvp/wvw.

I'm not a big fan of the healing orbs. Engineers had med packs for ages and they were never impactful in any gamemode. I don't see the healing orbs useful as a main source of healing unless Anet powercreep it.

Curious to see how good Ancient Echoes is and if any core builds will benefit from it instead of running elite specs.

@Queen.5837 said:Going to miss the weakness and daze on staff 2. It's such an useful skill in pvp/wvw.

I'm not a big fan of the healing orbs. Engineers had med packs for ages and they were never impactful in any gamemode. I don't see the healing orbs useful as a main source of healing unless Anet powercreep it.

Curious to see how good Ancient Echoes is and if any core builds will benefit from it instead of running elite specs.

The most obvious would be hammernants in wvw ignoring blockspam with it. But it depends on how effective it is, and the cd on the skill

@Knighthonor.4061 said:What does this mean?

Healing orbs now activate if they appear on a character.

I think it means if an orb spawns 'on' a character, it will automatically be consumed and heal, or do whatever orbs might do if traited, etc ... . I think right now, if an orb spawns on someone, they have to move out the activation radius and then move back in to trigger the orb.

OK so the orbs are bigger and more visible, heal more, hit 5 targets and trigger if they spawn on a player, great. But with a radius of 120 it's very hard to imagine them being anything approaching effective. Maybe if it were 240 -400 but 120 is pathetically small...