Berserker Overhaul next week!

DanAlcedo.3281

@Rettan.9603 said:

@Ferus.3165 said:and the ability to use the normal longbow burst which is quite often used in the condi zerker rotation.

Thats tragic :-( i liked the discipline berserker much more then the tactics one... but yeah, this is probably dead now )-:

There will be new rotations as we will be able to prolong berserk mode. With requirement of slotting up rage skills, it will be harder to take both banners and have very long (if not permanent - but most likely not) berserk uptime. This is imo good because currently, banner condi dps berserker is overperforming as dps and offensive support at the same time. This way, Anet can differentiate between support and dps better. The question is how good/strong new rotations/builds will be.

@SkyFurY.6057 said:NO change to mace f1 ?! lvl 3 mace is 4 sec stun while zerker f1 is 1 sec daze with confuse and bleed..... oh come on...............

3 seconds you mean which becomes 3.9 seconds if you take superior sigil of paralyzation (+30%)

but everyon eis forgetting one thing: no more normal burst skills, so you can kiss mace/mace goodbye..rip warrior breakbar damage.

and will be trash in pvp, people will just handle it like it's rampage. kite out the duration thenw arrior is gimped with no burst skills.most portion comes from burst skills and gs 3, which now dissapears

@cryorion.9532 said:

@Ferus.3165 said:and the ability to use the normal longbow burst which is quite often used in the condi zerker rotation.

Thats tragic :-( i liked the discipline berserker much more then the tactics one... but yeah, this is probably dead now )-:

There will be new rotations as we will be able to prolong berserk mode. With requirement of slotting up rage skills, it will be harder to take both banners and have very long (if not permanent - but most likely not) berserk uptime. This is imo good because currently, banner condi dps berserker is overperforming as dps and offensive support at the same time. This way, Anet can differentiate between support and dps better. The question is how good/strong new rotations/builds will be.

ah, youre right :-)So a new dmg rotation benefits from higher berserker uptime, makes sense.When we look at the Rage skills we get 2 seconds from Blood Reckoning, Shattering Blow and Headbutt. With that and Discipline we will end in one (with luck) two burst skills (maybe more with weapon swap). I wonder how big the difference will be with that.But yeah, the difference to the banner bi... will be there.

Edit: oh, and i wonder if we can create a hybrid build with griever gear... hm.. :-)

Edit 2: Spellbreaker bubble with Shield trait now reflecs projectiles, right?

@Rettan.9603 said:

@"Ferus.3165" said:and the ability to use the normal longbow burst which is quite often used in the condi zerker rotation.

ah, youre right :-)So a new dmg rotation benefits from higher berserker uptime, makes sense.When we look at the Rage skills we get 2 seconds from Blood Reckoning, Shattering Blow and Headbutt. With that and Discipline we will end in one (with luck) two burst skills (maybe more with weapon swap). I wonder how big the difference will be with that.But yeah, the difference to the banner bi... will be there.

Edit: oh, and i wonder if we can create a hybrid build with griever gear... hm.. :-)

Edit 2: Spellbreaker bubble with Shield trait now reflecs projectiles, right?

don't need shield for bubblebubble "destroys projectiles" now its changed to "block projctiles" shield has nothing to do with it, and even if it did..how would that even work?shield trait affects only shield skill bubble is a channeled skill, means you can't use a weaponskill while channeling so you can't use shield skills

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Rettan.9603" said:Edit 2: Spellbreaker bubble with Shield trait now reflecs projectiles, right?

don't need shield for bubblebubble "destroys projectiles" now its changed to "block projctiles" shield has nothing to do with it, and even if it did..how would that even work?shield trait affects only shield skill bubble is a channeled skill, means you can't use a weaponskill while channeling so you can't use shield skills

Nope, shield trait makes block skills reflecting projectiles (works with Sword or Mace block too). But i wonder if projectile block is affected by that too.

@cryorion.9532 said:

oh and btw condi zerker is nowhere near overperforming lol, trash burst and slow condi buildup so it's only mediocre on dps golem bosses without invuln phases and the only offensive support comes from nerfed banners. So the ONLY supportive thing in the condi zerker build are the two utility slots used for banners. and the dps variant is only 700 dps higher because there are not even any utility skills that grant condi dmg for warrior lol. Condi zerker also has almost no breakbar dmg compared to power war. Without banners the condi zerker would not be meta anymore, quite the overperforming spec...

@Rettan.9603 said:

@Rettan.9603 said:Edit 2: Spellbreaker bubble with Shield trait now reflecs projectiles, right?

Nope, shield trait makes block skills reflecting projectiles (works with Sword or Mace block too). But i wonder if projectile block is affected by that too.

should work then, a block is a block if it's a projectile or a melee attack it's still the same block

@Rettan.9603 said:

@Rettan.9603 said:Edit 2: Spellbreaker bubble with Shield trait now reflecs projectiles, right?

I think that was the intent behind the change. Probably just rephrased it to emphasize that unblockables will indeed go through projectile destruction instead of that not being 100% obvious unless you're doing it yourself

@"Ferus.3165" said:oh and btw condi zerker is nowhere near overperforming lol, trash burst and slow condi buildup so it's only mediocre on dps golem bosses without invuln phases and the only offensive support comes from nerfed banners. So the ONLY supportive thing in the condi zerker build are the two utility slots used for banners. and the dps variant is only 700 dps higher because there are not even any utility skills that grant condi dmg for warrior lol. Condi zerker also has almost no breakbar dmg compared to power war. Without banners the condi zerker would not be meta anymore, quite the overperforming spec...

That is why I wrote "overperforming as dps and offensive support at the same time". Roughtly 34k DPS while giving 100 power/precision/ferocity/condition damage to 10 people. And it used to be 170... Such buffs are reasonable for dps of core power warrior (which is roughly 25k).It is good that in order for warrior to deal highest damages, now you have to take proper utilities, too, and can't "cheese" things by just taking banners and use improved bannerslave instead. Anet did it in a very smart way (or at least it appears so), by not buffing rage skill damages directly to make them crucial for DPS builds, but rather reworking berserk mode and making those rage skills to prolong berserk mode.Also, berskerer has good CC, too. Head Butt and Wild Blow are very good CC skills.

We shall see, what happens after patch, maybe there will be permanent berserk uptime for bannerslave berserker which will be even stronger than now.I am hyped because I believe this change will improve Berserker quite a lot everywhere (also hoping that berserk cast time won't suck badly).

@"Mighty Cole.7849" said:"Savage Instinct: This trait no longer removes conditions. Instead, it gives 100% damage resistance for 1 second when activating berserk mode, in addition to breaking stuns."

Does this mean ALL damage or just physical damage?

... because when I have 15 stacks of burning and 25 stacks of torment on me, I'd much rather ignore them for 1 second instead of clearing them. /sarcasm:tongue:

@cryorion.9532 said:

@"Ferus.3165" said:oh and btw condi zerker is nowhere near overperforming lol, trash burst and slow condi buildup so it's only mediocre on dps golem bosses without invuln phases and the only offensive support comes from nerfed banners. So the ONLY supportive thing in the condi zerker build are the two utility slots used for banners. and the dps variant is only 700 dps higher because there are not even any utility skills that grant condi dmg for warrior lol. Condi zerker also has almost no breakbar dmg compared to power war. Without banners the condi zerker would not be meta anymore, quite the overperforming spec...

That is why I wrote "overperforming as dps and offensive support at the same time". Roughtly 34k DPS while giving 100 power/precision/ferocity/condition damage to 10 people. And it used to be 170... Such buffs are reasonable for dps of core power warrior (which is roughly 25k).It is good that in order for warrior to deal highest damages, now you have to take proper utilities, too, and can't "cheese" things by just taking banners and use improved bannerslave instead. Anet did it in a very smart way (or at least it appears so), by not buffing rage skill damages directly to make them crucial for DPS builds, but rather reworking berserk mode and making those rage skills to prolong berserk mode.Also, berskerer has good CC, too. Head Butt and Wild Blow are very good CC skills.

We shall see, what happens after patch, maybe there will be permanent berserk uptime for bannerslave berserker which will be even stronger than now.I am hyped because I believe this change will improve Berserker quite a lot everywhere (also hoping that berserk cast time won't suck badly).

but that's where you are wrong... it's not overperforming, neither the banner variant nor the "dps" variant (the "dps" variant sucks as dps). if condi war (without burst and slow dps buildup) has the same dps as power war (with alot more cc and instant full dps and even a small opening burst) then it's not balanced. Then the condi war is simply useless. You fail to understand that without banners condi zerker would not be meta for any boss.It was overpowered when warrior was the groups source of might aswell but those days are long gone. And 25k golem dps on a condi build with slow buildup and no burst whatsoever would mean A LOT less dmg on actual bosses... condi zerker with 25k dps is simply dead weight, that's not even up for debate, not even banners would save condi zerker from such a miserable state.

Condi zerker, aswell as power zerker, should be super high up in the dps charts given that you now even sacrifice surviveability for it and dps is literally the only thing berserker has going for it.

last thing... if you take wild blow your dps will fall down by quite a lot, because normally you only take shattering blow and with the nerfs to chrono in the last balance patches you don't have perma stab anymore in many groups. That means you kinda need the stab from shattering blow or headbutt is a 1.75 sec selfstun.

it's pretty obvious that you don't play condi zerker otherwise you would not bring up these useless golem numbers and compare then directly to a power build and you would know that there is no dps difference between a condi zerker bs and a condi dps zerker.

The change seem good on the damage side for power builds (not sure for condi). On the sustain side, the changes are mediocre and that is where berserker already struggles. 10% more healing and 300 toughness are noting compared to what you get from SB or defense line (if you play core).

It is still not clear how this will play out. Honestly, I think this is too much unnecessary work. Berserker could have been fixed for both PvP and PvE with a quarter of the effort that Anet seems to be putting into this. Reminds of the herald remake. Too much work for nothing.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

Decapitate: This skill has been reworked. It is now a long-range melee attack that does not leap forward and only hits 1 target. This skill recharges instantly if it hits and can be affected by quickness and slow.

uwotm8

It's probably easy to F1 F1 F1 F1 with Adrenaline Signet, that 10s cooldown stunbreak skill for adrenaline generation, the 33% adrenaline refund and a critical hit, assuming the bar is still 10 and not 30 once in berserk mode lol

@TheBravery.9615 said:I welcome the change as it's long overdue, but anet is moving in the wrong direction by reducing berserker's defensive capabilities. It's absolutely useless in PvP and WvW, and this would only further drag it down.

If only they kitten read

They read, they just have different plans and to be frank, those plans make sense. The idea that berserker is loaded up defensive capabilities is rather absurd for its theme. While I'm not thrilled with having to adrenaline camp to use it and load up on rage skills to get the most of it, the focus on DPS is exactly inline with what I would imagine a berserker to be; yet another example of where Anet 's class changes are based on theme, not relative class performance.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:hot dam that burst of aggression trait.Warriors already have a load of in-your-face skills.Now they can do it at hyper speed levels.I already feel intimidated just looking at that trait :s

Going from "Lawl a berserker?" to "OMFG A BERSERKER!?" is quite a jump.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:hot dam that burst of aggression trait.Warriors already have a load of in-your-face skills.Now they can do it at hyper speed levels.I already feel intimidated just looking at that trait :s

Going from "Lawl a berserker?" to "kitten A BERSERKER!?" is quite a jump.

Indeed. I feel like I'm going to have to fight Berserkers in Perma-Rampage mode.Or in Dragonball Z terms, Super Saiyan form!

@Blocki.4931 said:

Decapitate: This skill has been reworked. It is now a long-range melee attack that does not leap forward and only hits 1 target. This skill recharges instantly if it hits and can be affected by quickness and slow.

uwotm8

It's probably easy to F1 F1 F1 F1 with Adrenaline Signet, that 10s cooldown stunbreak skill for adrenaline generation, the 33% adrenaline refund and a critical hit, assuming the bar is still 10 and not 30 once in berserk mode lol

first of all outrage (10 sec cd stunbreak) does not grant adrenaline anymore. But decapitate is the axe primal burst and that means that adrenaline won't be a problem because of the adrenaline gained by axe mastery.

Ok so quick qestion.How the hell will you be able to get adrenaline on staight condi berserker setup? All rage skills wont give adrenaline.Longbow and sword is super slow to make adrenaline.So basicly you force ppl now to play power berserker?(If it will be even playable .Also GS+ 2 axe build .Yay we dont have enough of those meele boring wepons). Lets imagine start of fight . You use shater blow+ headbutt or Blood Reckoning and you good to go berserk mode and burst.When you in berserk mode you still can get nice flow of adrenline from rage skills and you burst more hence the "nice" dps(good enough dps to be able to feel like you do something). But after those changes you will be forced to get signet of fury to even start fight.Coz of that you drop 1 banner . You propably have to drop other banner just to get rage skill to make berserk last longer.When you do that you loose lot of personal damage and team loose dmg. (People will now consider well warrior is not giving buffs and not dpsing so we dont need him in party).But still in berserker mode you wont be able to burts that much at all with straight condi build.Now you lost basicly all fast adrenaline buildup skills and also " Smash Brawler: This trait no longer reduces recharge of berserk mode and primal bursts. Instead, it extends the duration of berserk mode by 5 seconds." and condi damage for this "Always Angry: Grants quickness and superspeed for 3 seconds when berserk mode is first activated." Did you guys actually think about this or you guys have bunch on monekys that do those balance patches? Basicly straight condi warrior wont be able to get adrenaline , wont be able to do enough bursts in berserk mode and his dps will be fluff .Why dont you delete warrior altogether if you guys hate him so much and why you change things that were kinda working.Rest of the classes must have lot of lolz and rofls etc.

@"Crusader.7460" said:Ok so quick qestion.How the hell will you be able to get adrenaline on staight condi berserker setup? All rage skills wont give adrenaline.Longbow and sword is super slow to make adrenaline.So basicly you force ppl now to play power berserker?(If it will be even playable .Also GS+ 2 axe build .Yay we dont have enough of those meele boring wepons). Lets imagine start of fight . You use shater blow+ headbutt or Blood Reckoning and you good to go berserk mode and burst.When you in berserk mode you still can get nice flow of adrenline from rage skills and you burst more hence the "nice" dps(good enough dps to be able to feel like you do something). But after those changes you will be forced to get signet of fury to even start fight.Coz of that you drop 1 banner . You propably have to drop other banner just to get rage skill to make berserk last longer.When you do that you loose lot of personal damage and team loose dmg. (People will now consider well warrior is not giving buffs and not dpsing so we dont need him in party).But still in berserker mode you wont be able to burts that much at all with straight condi build.Now you lost basicly all fast adrenaline buildup skills and also " Smash Brawler: This trait no longer reduces recharge of berserk mode and primal bursts. Instead, it extends the duration of berserk mode by 5 seconds." and condi damage for this "Always Angry: Grants quickness and superspeed for 3 seconds when berserk mode is first activated." Did you guys actually think about this or you guys have bunch on monekys that do those balance patches? Basicly straight condi warrior wont be able to get adrenaline , wont be able to do enough bursts in berserk mode and his dps will be fluff .Why dont you delete warrior altogether if you guys hate him so much and why you change things that were kinda working.Rest of the classes must have lot of lolz and rofls etc.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Furious