Add a new WvW map

@"Dawdler.8521" said:We've been requesting Tangled Depths to replace EBG for WvW since HoT but alas, it never seems to happen.

Ack.

"Commander, the map says I'm right beside you! Is the squad in stealth?"

"N00b you could still see us if we were in stealth. Git back 2 zerg."

"I'm telling you, I'm right here!"

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:How well did it work out the last time ANet added a new map?

It's kind of like SAB world 2.

Players: OMG we love this can we have a new map?

A net: let's make them something really difficult to get around. Longer and bigger too. They'll love it!

Players: uh. We just wanted something that looks different but feels the same. This...wasn't what we wanted really. In fact we like the old ones better.

A net: well. Then we won't make anything else for you. Ungrateful players!

• Like 2

Frankly the game needs to bring it down to 3 active maps instead of 4. Don't know how you can do that with the current homebl/ebg map set up, other than removing ebg which won't happen, cause heh, if you thought removing alpines in the first place was bad... removing ebg would be an epic clusterf magnitude of 10 on the richter scale bad..

@XenesisII.1540 said:Frankly the game needs to bring it down to 3 active maps instead of 4. Don't know how you can do that with the current homebl/ebg map set up, other than removing ebg which won't happen, cause heh, if you thought removing alpines in the first place was bad... removing ebg would be an epic clusterf magnitude of 10 on the richter scale bad..

Yup.

Unfortunately the HomeBL system restricts it too much. Enforcing the 3 BL maps + EBG.

Keep hoping they make some slight changes to Desert and Alpine, to make them into full BG maps instead of BL, so they can start changing the number of maps dynamically to the need at hand.

They can, and they should, change alpine and desert to ebg/eotm type maps, desert is already kinda close to that anyways.Just need to add a couple more towers and camps to match ebg count, and the middle area has enough room for that, ruins are just about pointless anyways.

It would give them so much freedom on map usage and able to dynamically lock or open maps according to match populations through time zones.

But they won't.

@XenesisII.1540 said:They can, and they should, change alpine and desert to ebg/eotm type maps, desert is already kinda close to that anyways.Just need to add a couple more towers and camps to match ebg count, and the middle area has enough room for that, ruins are just about pointless anyways.

It would give them so much freedom on map usage and able to dynamically lock or open maps according to match populations through time zones.

But they won't.

They should add 4 towers and the team holding 2 or more gets a buff. You should only be able to attack gates, so you can't just keep cata/trebbing from places you already own.

They should make a huge pyramid where you play the bottom layer on day 1 and end up on the smaller top layer on day seven.

Each layer can be a completely different map, but by day seven, there is nowhere to hide! You wanted a dramatic end to the week. There it is.Alternatively, you could just put a point multiplier that increases every day (this way suggested many times previously by people who aren't me).

• 2 years later...

Although I’ve only been playing WvW A LOT for the past few months, I will say that 1 more new map to compliment the other 3 would add a ton of variety and be welcome.

The duplicate Alpine maps can get dull and if it was unique among the maps, it would be a welcome change.

We could have 3 themes: a desert, alpine bl and ebg, then a heart of thorns themed jungle map. Would be incredible. 

Of course additions to the existing maps would always be welcome along with the new map

Edited by IYield.1204
Corrected due to potential sugar rush
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, mechanicalman.8645 said:

With the current map state of WvW that being two original and one dessert Borderland would it make things more interesting by adding a third borderland map into the fray and make things more interesting?

I would say as most of Eu tier 1 to remove the last one that is new! Complete garbo! 😄

NO!

Just get rid of Desert borderland, because even after years the map sucks in so many ways, that it would better to have 3 identical Alpine borderlands and Eternal Battlegrounds. Less players play on Desert, because the map is not suited for WvWvW, but it could be resigned as a pve map.

What we need is better skill and population balance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

On 4/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, mechanicalman.8645 said:

With the current map state of WvW that being two original and one dessert Borderland would it make things more interesting by adding a third borderland map into the fray and make things more interesting?

Not if the new maps has 3 keeps, 4 towers, 6 camps and  some shrines, at the exact same locations as aspen and desert maps.  Also not with the one up one down scoring system. 

I've got and idea and it gotten too long.  

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
add some stuffs, and comas and this and that.

a new map would be really nice, the issue is it would need to be done properly. a new RBL would be really bad, a new alpine-like one or EBG-like one would be really good.

@Deniara Devious.3948 imo it would be so easy to fix.

copypaste the spawn on NC position (and vice versa), lower all heights to non-lethal (or, most) height levels and put all towers a bit closer to the keeps lol.

still, overall every single Wvw map has a lot of wasted space tbh.

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016

8 hours ago, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Just get rid of Desert borderland, because even after years the map sucks in so many ways, that it would better to have 3 identical Alpine borderlands and Eternal Battlegrounds. Less players play on Desert, because the map is not suited for WvWvW, but it could be resigned as a pve map.

TC loves that map, and many of that servers guilds will generally play on it. Just because you guys don't like it doesn't mean others feel the same.

What we need is a 3rd unique map so we don't have 2 clones. I suggest a Cantha-themed map with LOTS of water. Underwater Zerg fights are always a blast.

1 minute ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

TC loves that map, and many of that servers guilds will generally play on it. Just because you guys don't like it doesn't mean others feel the same.

What we need is a 3rd unique map so we don't have 2 clones. I suggest a Cantha-themed map with LOTS of water. Underwater Zerg fights are always a blast.

Man I love those. Helps that warrior has decent UW weapon skills though, not every class can say that.