Next Rev Elite Spec Will be GS

Kamikazi.5380

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kanok.3027 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Into greatness. Mesmers use Greatswords and mesmers are great. Greatswords make classes great.

No, they don't. I barely, if ever, use Greatsword for my Power Chrono unless I need non-projectile ranged and most times, I don't. Ranger? I prefer other weapons or condi. Guardian? Non-GS FB please or Sw/Focus + Longbow DH. Warrior? I already barely use Warrior, but D/D SB or Ax/Ax. Really, GS is not that great. Rev doesn't need it and I'd welcome something OTHER than that. Also, pistol doesn't fit them theme...lol. I can't even.

Domination Chrono (sword/sword/greatsword) is the current top dps choice for small hitbox encounters...

Power Soulbeast uses greatsword and is a meta choice for top Fractal CM speed run comps. People also meme GS 1-shot builds all over WvW...

Longbow DH does like 20k less dps than a DH using GS.

Now I can tell you're probably talking about PvP by the fact that you even mentioned LB DH, but that brings me to Warrior who--if they aren't using GS--literally stands no chance in PvP/WvW roaming vs every other dueling class, due to the complete forfeit of mobility skills and non-burst skill immob breaks.

Not saying GS is what makes a class good, but every class that uses it, uses it in their META builds (even Reaper). Might be partial design bias on anets part, or just the fact that it's the only option for a lot of those classes in it's category, or whatever... But you can't deny that it is an effective weapon for every class that has it.

All that said, I would hate GS for Rev... I hate the idea, the redundancy, and I especially hate how we can't go a week without a new thread from someone QQ'ing about not being able to role-play as a Twilight Wielding, Hot Topic Assistant Manager...

Now an interesting Gun-kata inspired melee pistol spec, on the other hand... I could get behind that.

I think that the next legendary warrior whom we will invoke will be a norn, and mostly Asgeir Dragonrender OR Jora.Now, about the weapons: i don't want a GS, BUT i would like that our new elite to change the skills of an existing weapon we have. Like Hammer, on core Revenant its a ranged weapon, on let's just say Asgeir, our hammer will turn into a melee damage weapon and so on.

Revenant needs more one handed weapons. Like throwing daggers or Throwing axes for distant damage and condition damage. Because both ranged weapons of the revenant are 2 handed which one is locked behind an elite spec, to be fair the shortbow is more of a hybrid rather than condition. Because the bleeding is terrible on it.

@Shao.7236 said:Revenant needs more one handed weapons. Like throwing daggers or Throwing axes for distant damage and condition damage. Because both ranged weapons of the revenant are 2 handed which one is locked behind an elite spec, to be fair the shortbow is more of a hybrid rather than condition. Because the bleeding is terrible on it.

I made a suggestion a while ago was if Staff was going to stay a synergy weapon, a new dual support range weapon should be added to core. I had the idea of dual ranged support magical daggers that damage enemies and heal nearby enemies. Main hand and off hand. This way it syncs well with off hand shield being a sub for the off hand support weapon

Rev's current MH/OH setup makes anything else than another 2H weapon a meme. Every offhand currently available to Rev is beyond garbage, and the AA of the sword with whatever utility you want is straight up trash. The synergy between weapon sets is terrible, and throwing another 1 hander into the mix is just pointless.

Just give a greatsword to make up for what Revenents desperately lack. Or for all the people QQing make it a melee longbow so you can keep your "ohgoshimsouniqueandprojectmyselfintomyvideogamecharacter" mentality.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:since revs didnt get gs as a base weapon, we are clearly not meant to have it. Simple enough, and the whole kalla debacle also proved it. You lot are just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. But its moot anyhow, no expansion comming anytime soon.

Yet you troll these posts with naysay and tantrum simply because you don't want it. Go be constructive.

Also since dev's didn't include "literally insert any weapon here" I guess we weren't meant to have it. Flawed logic, no legitimate argument that isn't based solely on your personal preference. I'll take literally any weapon if it fills in the sustained power damage that rev is currently lacking, but you taking a negative stance on theory crafting ideas something solely because you don't like the aesthetics is pathetic.

If it's a moot discussion then jogoff.

@"Blue.1207" said:Rev's current MH/OH setup makes anything else than another 2H weapon a meme. Every offhand currently available to Rev is beyond garbage, and the AA of the sword with whatever utility you want is straight up trash. The synergy between weapon sets is terrible, and throwing another 1 hander into the mix is just pointless.

Just give a greatsword to make up for what Revenents desperately lack. Or for all the people QQing make it a melee longbow so you can keep your "ohgoshimsouniqueandprojectmyselfintomyvideogamecharacter" mentality.

Rather be more legend specific bonuses to the weapons that already exists and/or add weapons entirely because the whole entire profession is lacking in range options. You don't need an expansion to do any of that since they've already done it with the Trident.

To think Revenant "desperately" lacks is giving other professions too much credit just because they are simpler and straight forward, Revenant was never built that way in mind and it's not likely that the so called greatsword would be anymore useful than the already existing options by just making another weapon locked behind an elite.

You can't call something trash if you don't justify why it is, the synergy in between weapons is actually so good you can allow yourself to use either for hybrid setups without losing much depending on your main focused stats, biggest mistake to remove Duelist Preparation and make shield a necessary choice for a defensive offhand anyway. Just don't call one a carbon copy with an identity crysis when clearly either are meant to fulfill a role better than the other while still being relevant at decent level. Adding ranged main hands to the CORE of the profession would be more useful over the locked greatsword that we still can get later, we want options, not just one addition. Plus, all revenant offhands make up of distance in their own fashion anyway, how's that not helping "synergy" when you could have finally one handeds that aren't pathetically worthless without high precision and power or requiring an elite to use? Because it's better to always be forced to be right in someone's face?

It's just baffling that you think the ONLY options revenant has are trash anyway, why would you want a expansion to hotfix it instead of actually address the problem at face value? Like I said, justify why it's so bad because I personally don't think it is and so does many other players who just play fine with those.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Blue.1207" said:Rev's current MH/OH setup makes anything else than another 2H weapon a meme. Every offhand currently available to Rev is beyond garbage, and the AA of the sword with whatever utility you want is straight up trash. The synergy between weapon sets is terrible, and throwing another 1 hander into the mix is just pointless.

Rather be more legend specific bonuses to the weapons that already exists and/or add weapons entirely because the whole entire profession is lacking in range options. You don't need an expansion to do any of that since they've already done it with the Trident.

To think Revenant "desperately" lacks is giving other professions too much credit just because they are simpler and straight forward, Revenant was never built that way in mind and it's not likely that the so called greatsword would be anymore useful than the already existing options by just making another weapon locked behind an elite.

You can't call something trash if you don't justify why it is, the synergy in between weapons is actually so good you can allow yourself to use either for hybrid setups without losing much depending on your main focused stats, biggest mistake to remove Duelist Preparation and make shield a necessary choice for a defensive offhand anyway. Just don't call one a carbon copy with an identity crysis when clearly either are meant to fulfill a role better than the other while still being relevant at decent level. Adding ranged main hands to the CORE of the profession would be more useful over the locked greatsword that we still can get later, we want options, not just one addition. Plus, all revenant offhands make up of distance in their own fashion anyway, how's that not helping "synergy" when you could have finally one handeds that aren't pathetically worthless without high precision and power or requiring an elite to use? Because it's better to always be forced to be right in someone's face?

It's just baffling that you think the ONLY options revenant has are trash anyway, why would you want a expansion to hotfix it instead of actually address the problem at face value? Like I said, justify why it's so bad because I personally don't think it is and so does many other players who just play fine with those.

Hyperbole aside, compared to what is meta, rev only has 1-2 options in a group scenario, that is on par with other classes, and 1 of them is incredibly niche in that meta category (excluding WvW for obvious reasons). However looking at it solely from the perspective in which power rev is lacking viability, what we have available is not viable in said scenario (the meta), and therefore can be disregarded (aka trash). The whole reason of this post is Rev's viability as sustained power w/ frontload burst DPS. Something that it currently lacks as it's pdps exists as a support/boonbot role and is outclassed by even a reaper (yes I would rather take a power reaper in any end game content over a power rev, though both are outclassed hard so whoopdeedo).

Viable yes, optimal? Far from. If you read any of my other posts you'd know that I literally said "I'll take literally any weapon if it fills in the sustained power damage that rev is currently lacking". The most viable offhand Rev has in non meta group scenarios is the /oh swd, whereas shield is beyond a meme, it's probably the least used weapon in the entire game, plus it's locked to herald, so it will forever rot there as it currently is. As for /oh axe? Thank goodness it's condi otherwise condi rev's would be in the same situation as power rev's (having a nearly useless weapon).

As the class currently exists, no 1 handed weapon (or combination of) can fix the mess that rev is in. Add a strong offhand? Grats, sword and shield are still garbage, with 1 being locked to an elite spec. Add a strong mainhand? Grats, hope you like using a terrible offhand weapon (swd/axe, and assuming next elite spec is power based, which it ideally should be). Point being, unless rev gets more single handed weapons added to its base class, anything other than a powerful and hard hitting 2 hander can just peace out, because we'll end up exactly where we are now; a clunky class with the least amount of viable and useful weapon combos out of any class (sans ele/eng due to swap design).

• 10 months later...