im too toxic in pvp i need help

@melandru.3876 said:

@derd.6413 said:try to focus on your own mistakes and just stop caring about things like winning.

other then that you could stop playing

do you also play to lose? me too

oh wait

did you know you can try to win and still have fun when you loose?and did you also know you can response without being sarcastic or condescending?i know those might be alien concepts but you should look into them

have u read the first post? and some posts?if some people just don't care, or are just in ranked for "the dailies" then how do you plan on winning?

where is the fun in that, imo it's pretty selfish to ruin the game for 4 other people if you are just there with such attitudebut hey, 1 > 4 right

you can try your absolute best to win and still have fun when you loose.

i'll rephrase: don't get your fun from winning but get your fun from trying to win

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:try to focus on your own mistakes and just stop caring about things like winning.

other then that you could stop playing

do you also play to lose? me too

oh wait

did you know you can try to win and still have fun when you loose?and did you also know you can response without being sarcastic or condescending?i know those might be alien concepts but you should look into them

have u read the first post? and some posts?if some people just don't care, or are just in ranked for "the dailies" then how do you plan on winning?

where is the fun in that, imo it's pretty selfish to ruin the game for 4 other people if you are just there with such attitudebut hey, 1 > 4 right

you can try your absolute best to win and still have fun when you loose.

i'll rephrase: don't get your fun from winning but get your fun from trying to win

if a random guy decides to go to enemy spawn, and keep going to fight there and lose, how do you plan on winningthat's a 4 vs 5. "fight on point" is unknown to those

you can't win, there is no point in trying to win as u will be outnammed where it actually matters.

it works the same in pve, if i decide to not do any mechanic, and just have fun then the group will kick me.why would it be any different in pvp.

fun is everyone puts his weight in a common goal be that winning, defeating a boss, getting a title/achievbement, killing a bounty you name itreality is, you are limited to the actions of your own, but also the actions of others and they can do whatever they want

@carforsale.9462 said:so many bad low player in pvp, it just make me sick, mistakes from other player during match just trigger me, i spend half the time typing in chat yelling them where to go wat to do, what do i need to do now so i won be so toxic, i luv pvp, the only thing i can think of now is just to uninstall this game and move on

'Toxicity seek disconnection not connection'You were trying to connect with those players in hopeful that they would listen and to hopefully allow you to influence them in a positive way They didn't, they refused. Reasons because toxicity teaches them that for the past 7 years, the game caters to all of their needs freely and shelters them of all wrongdoing without having any consequences whatsoever.

In other word; the only way you would connect with them was to join their toxic paradise.

Bottom line; Guild Wars 2 is a Refuge and a Paradise for Toxicity because the game design allows it.

(7 Years of toxicity can not be changed but can be avoided until Anet changes it)

Don't let toxicity change you-ruin you with its poison; lesson its influence as much as possible

:)

Some great points here. I think the cool thing about this game is even when you are losing you can still keep playing and win individual battles. This is huge because there are other mmo pvp games where once you are down you just just get worked over and over (swtor being the worst that I have played). Someone here mentions that people facetanking is the thing that drives them crazy, but I would say the thing that separates the noob from the advancing player is learning when and how to run. It takes time to learn your character and then it takes time to learn how to run. Anyway, I stand by my comment: if you really find yourself getting angry a lot and lashing out, then go play other games. Or hop on twitter and vent there, I have been genuinely moved by the graciousness of both winners and losers in this game. I hope we never lose that.

at this point in time, i don't think i "enjoy" pvp anymore. bots scam my rank so hard.
i love this game mode but it's in a very bad state right now. i just think hey at least now we got a dedicated spvp dev team. not so shady right?after tonight, i just tell myself my teammates are all bots since no team communication at all. so what do you expect from bots? nothing.
having low to zero expectations from people helps a lot. it also gives you perspective. you'd be like ooh if i were them, i shouldn't have done that when they make a grave mistake.tell them what to do and where to go aren't going to help your heart. i'd get tilted, then do something else to get me out of the negative zone.this game is fun but this game mode needs a serious fixing.

Hello, I'll put all sarcazm away :) Straight to the point!1) If system puts you in team with less experienced players - it means, you have high value - ANET thinks you could carry your team, yo know. It's a good thing. It's a privilege.2) EVERY player has exact same issue with matchmaking - so, statistically - we are in the same boat.3) Most of players are really trying to do their best in PVP - keep that in mind while flaming. I believe, if someone is even trying PVP - he or she deserves some respect initially.4) You was a 'less experienced player' too, long ago - one does not just born with skill.

@TorQ.7041 said:Honestly. If you are at a certain rating you prob deserve to be in that rating and the players you are playing with are basically at the same level. They are likely making the same mistakes you are making.

If you really don't belong in that rating you would notice that you will win way more games than you lose and then at a certain point your games even out to 50/50.

So I would really refrain from being rude to other ppl in the same game as you.

At least that's what I realize from climbing from silver to gold to plat. At each game you can only really focus on what you can do.

Sure u can comment that if u r bunker n u own node n some one comes to + but he doesn't kill anything, u can say plz leave. If they don't then yelling at them to make every one annoyed won't change anything.

I disagree. From what I see of spvp lately, the match making is really, really really bad. Hence I don't play spvp atm. I haven't even finished placements this season because it's just so horrible. Even tho I win most of my games it's so obvious that the teams just aren't balanced at all cus there aren't enough players in queue. I could stand afk on home node all game and win about 60% of them. I notice the players on enemy team are like silver-low gold tier but there's always 1 player on my level. One time it was even one of my friends who I know is good but he's team was so bad it was impossible to carry. I belong in plat 2-3 . I'm not gonna grind there if I'm going to get unbalanced matches like that. It's just not fun. Ofc sometimes it happens to me too that my team sucks in the same way but it's the exact same thing just that now it's my turn to lose. So I get OPs frustration, but the toxicity is another thing.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@carforsale.9462 said:so many bad low player in pvp, it just make me sick, mistakes from other player during match just trigger me, i spend half the time typing in chat yelling them where to go wat to do, what do i need to do now so i won be so toxic, i luv pvp, the only thing i can think of now is just to uninstall this game and move on

You need to start realizing what mistakes you are making, and stop giving people a hard time for theirs. You are on the same rating as those people for a reason. The Matchmaking is not treating YOU specifically unfairly, it recognizes your mistakes and places you accordingly.

A general advice I'm making here based on pure guessing: Don't tell people to fight on points. It is bad advice and almost always gets taken the wrong way.

Stop pretending match making is any good, please.

@Yannir.4132 said:

You need to start realizing what mistakes you are making, and stop giving people a hard time for theirs. You are on the same rating as those people for a reason. The Matchmaking is not treating YOU specifically unfairly, it recognizes your mistakes and places you accordingly.

A general advice I'm making here based on pure guessing: Don't tell people to fight on points. It is bad advice and almost always gets taken the wrong way.@TorQ.7041 said:Honestly. If you are at a certain rating you prob deserve to be in that rating and the players you are playing with are basically at the same level. They are likely making the same mistakes you are making.

If you really don't belong in that rating you would notice that you will win way more games than you lose and then at a certain point your games even out to 50/50.

At least that's what I realize from climbing from silver to gold to plat. At each game you can only really focus on what you can do.

Sure u can comment that if u r bunker n u own node n some one comes to + but he doesn't kill anything, u can say plz leave. If they don't then yelling at them to make every one annoyed won't change anything.

Yeah when you get games where you hold 3 people off point for a while and your whole team( 4 players ) manages to lose to a single scourge..it's because you belong at that level

You shouldn’t play a game and expect to win every time or even half the time.

Play to just play. If you start raging calm yourself down and try a different strategy the next time. If you always go in with the same strategy people will catch on and learn how to counter you quicker. The second you get angry is the second you lose.

Just play for the fun of playing.

Match making is messed up completely due to the huge amount of match manipulators this season in pvp. I’ve been piping since day 1 and about one fourth of these games have people throwing the match deliberately.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

A general advice I'm making here based on pure guessing: Don't tell people to fight on points. It is bad advice and almost always gets taken the wrong way.@"TorQ.7041" said:Honestly. If you are at a certain rating you prob deserve to be in that rating and the players you are playing with are basically at the same level. They are likely making the same mistakes you are making.

Yeah when you get games where you hold 3 people off point for a while and your whole team( 4 players ) manages to lose to a single scourge..it's because you belong at that level

Sure. You may get games like that once in a while. Where there was really nothing you can do. But alot of the times when you think you are carrying. You are actually not.

There's a vid by this ranger called Trevor detailing how to had the most dmg n kills literally killing mutiple people but yet he realized he was the reason the team lost. I don't like the guy but he's one of the "vets" and he has a point.

You need to play according to what your team is doing as well as what you supposed role is. Else you will just lose.

One example is when I was playing warrior. I ready own the node. The guy contesting me was a bunker that was never going to kill me. Another guy comes, basically sirs there with me and won't leave and even though I told him to. So what are my options? I stay and we lose? Or I leave

Another example was. I was playing a dps role. I was literally killing every one. But my team was consistently dying to a scourge. What do I do? Do I keep killing the other team? No. I focused and killed the scourge over and over again. Untill we started winning. Because it seemed like my team only died to Condi.

Some times you will notice games where u r losing by. Landslide. 200-15 then u catch all the way back up. You gotta ask yourself what happened? What likely happened was the players learnt which guy they can face and which guy his team could face and rotated to fight favored match ups.

Blindly sitting and fighting 1vX does not mean you will carry the team. Maybe it's unfair? I dunno but that's how the game works. Maybe u r warrior u r 1 vX no 1 caps. Ur plat 1 n every 1 is g1. U just gotta play with the hand you got.

It's totally possible to climb. I climb from silver 2 to plat 1. Prob g3 now. Haven't played for a week. But really, how do you think every 1 else climbed? They climbed the same way u did. Most plat1-2 players get placed in gold and go back up to play in the first 2 weeks.

@bigo.9037 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:Honestly. If you are at a certain rating you prob deserve to be in that rating and the players you are playing with are basically at the same level. They are likely making the same mistakes you are making.

I disagree. From what I see of spvp lately, the match making is really, really really bad. Hence I don't play spvp atm. I haven't even finished placements this season because it's just so horrible. Even tho I win most of my games it's so obvious that the teams just aren't balanced at all cus there aren't enough players in queue. I could stand afk on home node all game and win about 60% of them. I notice the players on enemy team are like silver-low gold tier but there's always 1 player on my level. One time it was even one of my friends who I know is good but he's team was so bad it was impossible to carry. I belong in plat 2-3 . I'm not gonna grind there if I'm going to get unbalanced matches like that. It's just not fun. Ofc sometimes it happens to me too that my team sucks in the same way but it's the exact same thing just that now it's my turn to lose. So I get OPs frustration, but the toxicity is another thing.

If you really belong in plat 2-3 you would really destroy players in silver. I am plat 1. When I am on warrior I literally shred thru s2-g2. Some times literally 1 shoting them over and over. The 2nd week when the players shuffled to around their league. I basically won 7 games in a role and then some,plowing through g2-p1

All my plat friends moved right back to plat from g2 after just 2 weeks n so did I. If we can do it I don't see why you. Who is a superior player at p2 can't.

@TorQ.7041 said:

If you really belong in plat 2-3 you would really destroy players in silver. I am plat 1. When I am on warrior I literally shred thru s2-g2. Some times literally 1 shoting them over and over. The 2nd week when the players shuffled to around their league. I basically won 7 games in a role and then some,plowing through g2-p1

All my plat friends moved right back to plat from g2 after just 2 weeks n so did I. If we can do it I don't see why you. Who is a superior player at p2 can't.

Well heres the thing right. I see silver players, who are mostly pve players, ending up in plat games. How do I know? Because I ask them. Every 3rd or 4th game there is 1-2 players in either the same team or opposite teams that are out of place compared to the rest. Usually I just ask nicely and talk to them about their rank and they say they are either gold or silver. But there are not enough ppl for the MM to match only p1 with p1, only p2 with p2, only p3 with p3 etc. And I think this is what OP is talking about. Those few, miss matched players who end up in his game and are far worse than other team mates on his level.

@bigo.9037 said:

Well heres the thing right. I see silver players, who are mostly pve players, ending up in plat games. How do I know? Because I ask them. Every 3rd or 4th game there is 1-2 players in either the same team or opposite teams that are out of place compared to the rest. Usually I just ask nicely and talk to them about their rank and they say they are either gold or silver. But there are not enough ppl for the MM to match only p1 with p1, only p2 with p2, only p3 with p3 etc. And I think this is what OP is talking about. Those few, miss matched players who end up in his game and are far worse than other team mates on his level.

Yeah. I agree that happens. But it also happens to the top 200 players. So in the end it's all fair since they go through the same thing. If u watch sindrener n his stream. He regularly gets these gold 1 players. He still wins the game. On arguebly one of the hardest class to carry.

So I was whining to someone about all the ap I'm missing because I am terrible at pvp. And this person said, so? Go play anyway. One match a day. So yep, for one match, I totally drag my team down(I really AM terrible at this game mode. Terrible. Beyond terrible.) I am likely one of the folks you're raging at. I get raged at pretty much every game and y'know what? After about ten of these I stopped caring. I do leave chat on because sometimes it's helpful(stay mid) but usually here is what happens: guy yells at me. I miss the comment since I'm busy trying to stay alive against a ranger pet or minion I should probably be able to defeat but can't. He yells some more, which I see since I'm waiting to rez, but it isn't anything helpful, just omg you idiot, sort of stuff. So when I am alive again I just run back to mid(I usually hang out there) until I die again. And when I rez, he is sitting there in spawn just yelling in chat. Eh, ohwell, run back out!

I'm not high enough yet to play ranked(but almost!) but will when I am, even though I am terrible, because there are ap to be gained. And every now and then, about 1 in 20, our team actually wins. So theoretically, /eventually/ I will get there.

So carry on yelling, hifive and all that, at least it's only one match a day. With me, at least. I used to care, but it's just a game. And I want those ap.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Yeah when you get games where you hold 3 people off point for a while and your whole team( 4 players ) manages to lose to a single scourge..it's because you belong at that level

Bunker weaver Busted :D

@TorQ.7041 said:If you really belong in plat 2-3 you would really destroy players in silver. I am plat 1. When I am on warrior I literally shred thru s2-g2. Some times literally 1 shoting them over and over. The 2nd week when the players shuffled to around their league. I basically won 7 games in a role and then some,plowing through g2-p1

My main account is Gold 2 at this moment, 3 others accounts between Gold 1 and Gold 3 BUT my 5th account...... Plat 2 :astonished: an account where i play 1-2 games per day XD

At this point, we can't talk about skill.....

Sometimes and without a warning, i notice i've become toxic with my team (or the other team), 2 ppl trying to capture close (i'm pretty sure just one can do it), 3 ppl chasing a single bunker out point (hi Arheundel :D ), ppl who don't stomp, ppl who don't rez....

When it happen, it's not the right solution but i make my self offline, new free tab and focusing in my game to try to win, i don't ask for anything and i don't tell ppl what to do, just focus in my game and do it in my way, sure sometimes it's work, sometimes not, some games from the begining you know you gonna lose.....

Stop playing whats good, start playing whats fun

@TorQ.7041 said:

Yeah. I agree that happens. But it also happens to the top 200 players. So in the end it's all fair since they go through the same thing. If u watch sindrener n his stream. He regularly gets these gold 1 players. He still wins the game. On arguebly one of the hardest class to carry.

Yea I know! Exactly. I often end up in games with these ppl but I can carry my own weight at least. I don't think OP is talking about losing matches necessarily, he just gets mad/toxic at those bad players and that was my point from the beginning :)

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Yeah when you get games where you hold 3 people off point for a while and your whole team( 4 players ) manages to lose to a single scourge..it's because you belong at that level

Bunker weaver Busted :D

@TorQ.7041 said:If you really belong in plat 2-3 you would really destroy players in silver. I am plat 1. When I am on warrior I literally shred thru s2-g2. Some times literally 1 shoting them over and over. The 2nd week when the players shuffled to around their league. I basically won 7 games in a role and then some,plowing through g2-p1

My main account is Gold 2 at this moment, 3 others accounts between Gold 1 and Gold 3 BUT my 5th account...... Plat 2 :astonished: an account where i play 1-2 games per day XD

At this point, we can't talk about skill.....

Sometimes and without a warning, i notice i've become toxic with my team (or the other team), 2 ppl trying to capture close (i'm pretty sure just one can do it), 3 ppl chasing a single bunker out point (hi Arheundel :D ), ppl who don't stomp, ppl who don't rez....

When it happen, it's not the right solution but i make my self offline, new free tab and focusing in my game to try to win, i don't ask for anything and i don't tell ppl what to do, just focus in my game and do it in my way, sure sometimes it's work, sometimes not, some games from the begining you know you gonna lose.....

I ve notice this happen too. It's easier for me to stay plat if I play at certain hours and only 1 or 2 games a day. I think that this comes down to 2 interactions.

1. You are capable of doing ok in a plat level environment. 2. You can carry players who don't necessarily play to their build roles.

You can just be 1 and not 2 or 2 and not 1. Or both.

This is just my theory. Based on my own ability on diff classes. I find that I do better at higher lvls with my warrior. But I do poorly at lower. While I do much better at lower levels with my scrapper but worse at higher levels. Admittedly this might come down to easiness of builds since lower level people don't know how to deal with scrapper.

Personally I don't do that. I just play 10 games a day or more lol

I know I have the same problem.As soon as you click the "rank me down" button it starts.

E-v-e-r-y-time , everyone plays the blame game.People are only nice when you are winning but as soon as the points shift just a bit in a bad direction, everyone is hateful as hell and it turns me hateful and angry as well.I wish it wasn't like that but I can't take it as soon as you lose one duel or one base people go like "noob" , etc...

Then I start to adopt the same behavior, it's annoying.

1. Move onto acceptance stage and understand that GW2 is a PVE game and Anet doesnt care enough about pvp/wvw.
  2. Understand that unless you truly are a God of PvP you cannot carry your team if they are crap.
  3. Move to a different game mode
  4. Move to a diff game.
  5. Just farm pvp for the rewards and never ever look at your pvp rank. (blissful ignorance)