Port to a Friend Device

I believe a "Port to a Friend" Device, for purchase in the Diamond Store, would be a popular device with players. It would permit unlimited porting to other players in your party, in the same fashion as the current Port to a Friend "blue spot," which are available through Black Lion chests.

Honestly that would be a cool idea and fit in with the devices. However I think the value might be a little too high, since it allows you to skip all kinds of jumping puzzles or waypoint costs forever basically. I'd value the TP to friend items a bit higher than the usual "junk".

I'd rather see Teleport to Friend work both directions. Opening it would allow you to go to a party memember or offer them a teleport to you. That way if they didn't have any but you had a bunch you could use it. I think new players get the most usage out of TP2Friend devices. I have a bunch because I know fast and cheap ways around the game.

Way too overpowered for what it does.If it could only be obtained in the same manner that the existing teleport to friend device is, and had a much lower drop rate if its bi directional then OK, but no way for an endless contract device that everyone could have by simply buying it .Makes far too much of the existing content redundant because it can be skipped.The next obvious request would then be a teleport to anywhere device that could be bought.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have a bunch of teleport to friend devices, and rarely use them.Since you can currently get the teleport to a friend for 5 black lion status (5 black chests, 5 keys), one could come up with the value of what a permanent one should be - I suspect it would be a lot, and that not many people would find it useful. They could more easily just make it possible to by the teleport to a friend directly from the gem store for some amount of money (100 gems?)

The device would be useful to teleport to fellow guild members, and during events, to re-join a group promptly to assist, especially if you die. An example is Dragon's Reach., where it can take some time to get back with a team. I agree, for a person not active in groups it would probably not be much use. But it would be popular with guild members.