Warrior is broken and each match has 1-4 warriors

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@rng.1024 said:You have options.
  • Bring a sidenoderWhether it be a Scrapper, Weaver, Soulbeast or Spellbreaker you can atleast contest 1 of the nodes for your team.
  • Bring a +1Herald is an excellent choice. This means you can come in and kill the already low warrior's in outnumbered fights on node.
  • Bring a teamfighterTake your pick, Chronomancer, Necromancer, Firebrand and Holosmith, how about dominating mid and then sending people back and forth to close leaving that poor enemy warr forever alone on far giving you a 4v5?
  • Bring a Mesmer!Portal is your friend. Take your other friends with you the world of side nodes. Take two. Even three!

The options are there.

isn't portal disabled,since like..ages?

Nah, it's just really bad now.

i know it got smiter boon'd that's why i say disabled no healthy mesmer would ever use it again

should have never been a thing. also delete daggerstorm

Yeah let’s get rid of the one and only useful ability thief has except mobility lol

You cant deny it is really over tuned for what it does. I mean the meta sd thief or even acro staff already has a ton of evades adding a 4 second that reflects too is kinda silly

I see your point, when someone specs for an evasion build, then and only then it is too much.

Is it OP for someone like me who uses DD/PP build and withdraw? Hell no.

spam that deathblossom !there are very few ways to stop DS which is an issue imo

Im playing Trickery/DA or CS daredevil/core with Infiltrator's signet... I dont play thief much anymore but when I do its the same build variant I've had since the game started lol

Solution to the movement issue:

1. Make a warrior.
  2. Run from point to point.
  3. Measure time.
  4. Same for mesmer (or anything else).
  5. ???
  6. Prof-... solution!

I did that with mesmer vs boonbeast. Took like 15 minutes and it's not that hard.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 is absolutely right abouth the velocity thing.

Just a number example: Blink and Rush both have 1200 range. Running speed is 210/s in combat. So: Rush is 1200/2s = 600/s. Blink is (1200+2*210)/2s=1420/2s = 710/s. That's not considering CDs or verticality/area of course.

@Dami.5046 said:Every class is broken by someone's standards. Except thief. No one complains about them so I guess you all play thief?

lol no one complains about thief? this is a joke? thief is the 2nd best class in the game and has always been #1 or #2 since release and it's the only one class that has been meta since 2012 and is objectively broken

thief's entire concept is unfair for a game mode like conquest and it'll never be fair unless they add line of sight to their teleports and even then it'll still be very strong

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"glennypenny.9625" said:Look I just dislike the way they play currently and it’s never been an issue until this season.

Rev Holo scrapper and blood Necro all seem overturned too but spellbreaker has too much too easy and that’s why people like shorts are playing it

I would argue people are playing it because it is a very fun class to play. Certainly more fun than a condi chaos scepter/staff mirage.

Its also not overtuned, it has difficult 1v1s vs ele/necro and can't reliably kill scrapper. It stands no chance against a competent condi mirage.

Wait.. spellbreaker can't reliably kill scrapper?

Not if the scrapper is good, knows when to use blind field/reflect and takes mortar kit, no. It should be a stalemate in all cases, unless the warrior gets a plus on his side.For months now everyone on the forums have been screaming at me Spellbreaker hard counters Scrapper EZ kill.

If the scrapper is bad and doesn't use the elite mortar kit, yes, countered. If the scrapper is good and does use the kit, no, not countered. Pretty simple. I dunno who's been screaming at you, not me. P.S. You left this out: "You're ignoring that you use something not in the meta."

Just step into any one of the scrapper threads. People like Chaith and Vagrant insist scrapper gets 100-0 every time ez by spellbreaker and that scrapper is no longer relevant since barrier nerf.

I'll dip my toe in.

You're still ignoring that you use a weapon in your warrior movement calculations that is
not
in the meta.

Throughout my platinum games I see a lot more sword shield warriors as I do dagger. I personally play dagger, but at the end of the day I see more on sword.

You are using a calculation that is NOT in the meta. Why do you keep arguing? That build is inferior, and it is a fact that dagger is the more used weapon among competitive players presently.If you doubt what I'm saying, check the "meta" tab of Metabattle. I'm not saying it's gospel, but it backs up what I'm saying 100%.

Metabattle
sucks
and is loaded with inferior builds across almost all classes, voted on and curated by completely inept players who are largely golds. There's a reason Angeels made Gods of PvP before he quit.

It might "suck" but it is correct in this instance, whereas you are
incorrect
if you think sword is superior, and should be used in a broad movement comparison, which you clearly are putting across the forums in an attempt to say warrior movement should be nerfed. Which it shouldn't.

To further emphasize my point, the build youre referencing was used commonly in November of 2018. It's currently April of 2019, and it has long been recognized as not in the meta.

I don't think sword is superior. I use Dagger Shield when I play spellbreaker. I simply see sword shield more often.

I know Gods of PvP is out of date. I literally talked about Angeels, the guy who ran it, quitting.

When did I mention Gods of PvP being out of date? Of course it is. Your "seeing" sword more often is confirmation bias.

Here:

To further emphasize my point, the build youre referencing was used commonly in November of 2018. It's currently April of 2019, and it has long been recognized as not in the meta.

I just played 5 matches in a row. 5/5 had me 1v1ing sword+shield spellbreakers. You are getting bizarrely bent out of shape over this.

I haven't faced a Sword Shield spellbreaker this season.

Also, what I said is correct and doesn't reference Gods of PvP. November is when that build was commonly used and fell out of service not long after.

Okay. Great. I just fought five Sword+Shield spellbreakers across 5 matches in a row this afternoon. That's also correct, doesn't reference anything outside of my actual experience in platinum. Get off my kitten and deal with the fact that you suckling off of metabattle isn't the end all be all when
is the guy who decides what SPvP builds you are even allowed to see on meta battle.

Sorry, who's getting bent out of shape? You "seeing" five sword shield spellbreakers doesn't equate to a need for this class to be nerfed or unfairly compared to a mirage build that can use superior movement skills (instant blinks) to achieve nearly the exact same amount of movement.

I'm pushing you on this because you aren't correct in your movement calculation, and I have the information to be able to say you're wrong.

Me "suckling" off metabattle is just laughable. It's a website that newbies can use to find semi-accurate and semi-up-to-date builds, and even it says the build you're referencing is inferior. I use builds that I see folks utilizing in monthlies, and sword-shield SpB hasn't been used in a monthly in how long? Exactly.

@glennypenny.9625 said:There I said it.

Mobility sustain and damage, it’s too much, it’s even worse than scrapper, Rev or Holo in terms of stupidity.

PS.Sword dagger thief sucks and I hate it. Bring back daredevil and dead eye to good level please.

Dude, if you play thief and try to use it to 1v1 wars and such then you're a terrible thief. S/d, d/p thief are both used to: 1st: Decap, 2ndary: PLUS fights, 3rd: and hardly ever finish downed (as this should be done by the guy you are plusing with which would allow you to go and do the other two at a diff. cap point).

@Quadox.7834 said:Is greatsword op compared to other weapons on war? Heck yes. Do I care? Not really.

What I dislike about warrior is how much damage it does for how much sustain and mobility it has. That's it.

I guess what frustrates me is that Spellbreaker on a conceptual level is a more defensively orientated, counter attack based specialization that takes away it's opponents advantages like their boons, their condition damage, their stealth, their projectiles, heck even their mobility with magebane tether and is forced to fight the spellbreaker on even ground with no fancy tricks. And as a guy who historically plays protection warriors in other games, sword+board heavy armor and no fancy magic stuff I looooooooved spellbreaker the moment it was announced.

I liked fighting Spellbreakers 1,000,000x more even when they were objectively much more difficult fights back when they were running stuff like break enchantments, featherfoot grace, Endure Pain, when full counter was actually threatening and could slap you in the face for 4k damage. I prefered that playstyle of Spellbreaker from a player perspective too.

And instead Spellbreaker is literally just power crept core warrior now. There isn't even anything special about it's playstyle anymore. It just ramps 25 might with Magebane Tether and runs fast and hits hard, literally no different from Core Warrior in terms of playstyle anymore. It doesn't focus on counter attacks because Areanet nerfed Full Counter's damage into the ground even though 1v1 its one of the most fair skills in the game and spellbreakers weren't in team fights that often anyway, (Maybe look into giving them all their full counter back if they go with Revenge Counter so that trait actually provides more than 100 damage in value and so that literally 100% of them aren't running Magebane Tether which the might ramping aspect kind of doesn't make a lot of sense thematically for the spellbreaker anyway, even if the pull and reveal are super cool).

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I'm the only one on this forum that looks at what Spellbreaker has become with disappointment; sure it's strong but literally in the most boring flavorless way possible and that the current meta build points towards something seriously wrong with the spec design and balance wise at this point. It's like if deadeyes only ever ran Dagger Dagger Condi we all would be raising an eyebrow at that.

@glennypenny.9625 said:I’m fed up of 1 to 4 warriors every game, they sit on points and dominate all or nearly all 1v1s they stun lock and kill you into oblivion with ease where as a mirage for example will have to burst you down with combos and correct timing, which actually requires more skill.If you manage to nearly kill one warrior they can kite with amazing mobility or go invulnerable and they hit like a truck when they feel like it or they can just run to the other side node quicker than everything except a thief

Condi thief absolutely destroys warrior just FYI. Condi most things destroy warrior, mirage is easiest then druid. If u go fresh air Weaver u can 1 shot warrior.

@mortrialus.3062 said:I guess what frustrates me is that Spellbreaker on a conceptual level is a more defensively orientated, counter attack based specialization that takes away it's opponents advantages like their boons, their condition damage, their stealth, their projectiles, heck even their mobility with magebane tether and is forced to fight the spellbreaker on even ground with no fancy tricks. And as a guy who historically plays protection warriors in other games, sword+board heavy armor and no fancy magic stuff I looooooooved spellbreaker the moment it was announced.

I liked fighting Spellbreakers 1,000,000x more even when they were objectively much more difficult fights back when they were running stuff like break enchantments, featherfoot grace, Endure Pain, when full counter was actually threatening and could slap you in the face for 4k damage. I prefered that playstyle of Spellbreaker from a player perspective too.

And instead Spellbreaker is literally just power crept core warrior now. There isn't even anything special about it's playstyle anymore. It just ramps 25 might with Magebane Tether and runs fast and hits hard, literally no different from Core Warrior in terms of playstyle anymore. It doesn't focus on counter attacks because Areanet nerfed Full Counter's damage into the ground even though 1v1 its one of the most fair skills in the game and spellbreakers weren't in team fights that often anyway, (Maybe look into giving them all their full counter back if they go with Revenge Counter so that trait actually provides more than 100 damage in value and so that literally 100% of them aren't running Magebane Tether which the might ramping aspect kind of doesn't make a lot of sense thematically for the spellbreaker anyway, even if the pull and reveal are super cool).

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I'm the only one on this forum that looks at what Spellbreaker has become with disappointment; sure it's strong but literally in the most boring flavorless way possible and that the current meta build points towards something seriously wrong with the spec design and balance wise at this point. It's like if deadeyes only ever ran Dagger Dagger Condi we all would be raising an eyebrow at that.

Now all this I can get on board with!

Spellbreaker marketing and PoF at release made Spellbreaker feel like this boon-hate defensive class, but now it's boiled down to little more than stacking damage multipliers that play around a single skill(rampage.)

Break enchantments was a really fun skill to use compared to other warrior utilities like Endure Pain, and while some of the FC nerfs might of been justified; nerfing it to hit like a pool noodle was most definitely a mistake. After all it requires someone to actually hit into it to even proc, and it can be cancelled with sigil of annulment and various thief and necro skills that actually turn it into a liability for the warrior. That's like the definition of counterplay, but; nope. FC op, pls nerf.

@Fortus.6175 said:My problem with spellbreaker is GS. Specifically #3 and F1.

Fair.

! Consistency dictates that everything should have the consistency I think they should have without question. I think consistency is a term that only I can define, and it has a specific and personal connotation that matters only to me and nobody will understand and I don’t expect you to understand at all because I made up the rules regarding that and it would actually be a problem if you understood that I didn’t intend for you to understand anything. You just have to believe me like you believe in Jebus.That aside, what else does a Warrior have for damage without GS3 and F1? Rampage?

So I guess we should remove the damage on GS3, double the CD on GS5, turn F1 into a 3/4s cast time skill (oh and knock 20 range off F1 to make it consistent with other melee skills)? Sounds good I don’t play Warrior all that much let’s knock it off the meta like Berserker was. I hate Warriors that play well against me anyway and I hope they all suffer for my resentment.Then again Strength Spellbreaker doesn't feel like a monk-like Warrior anymore, but a Core Warrior on permanent 25-might steroids. I've had a problem with Spellbreaker hitting harder than Power Berserker for a long time anyway.

And about the skill comparison on Ele, are we actually going to isolate one single skill to compare rather than consider the whole toolkit? Because I’m sure we don’t just play with one single skill. And even if mobility skills are weighed more heavily, don’t Ele’s also have Lightning Flash and how does that value compare with Bull’s Charge? So are mobility skills of a different nature graded the same?

! I actually don’t care if they nerf Warrior and it would be interesting to see the explosion of emotions in the subforum when Spellbreaker gets the bat. I hope Berserker changes are good.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@glennypenny.9625 said:They can move as fast as Mesmer they hit as hard as Necro and they can survive better than guard

I think we move a bit faster than Mesmers. Mesmers are one of the slowest classes in the game, especially condi.

I can also confirm that we don't hit harder than Necro as Necro has the highest potential multi-target DPS in the game and most of our damage is single-target and melee.

Surviving better than guard depends on both the guardian and the warrior's build. Core guard and DH have some impressive sustain, but a core warrior or defense spellbreaker might have them topped through healing signet, adrenal health, and Rousing Resilience in longer fights. Strength Spellbreaker has very little sustain and doesn't even come close. And if you're trying to compare it Firebrand, um... no?

A mirage can outpace a meta warrior now but it requires a number of fringe picks and assumptions; sword ambush+plus mimic blink+ blink + illusionary ambush + jaunt + jaunt. And desert distortion for 3x sword ambushes.

6,300 units of movement speed. Plus it requires sword which is not great for 1v1 builds and illusionary ambush requires a target and mimic is a very fringe choice. So really the only build that can come close to running this load out is powermirage and its giving up 2 best in slot utilities to do so.

Meta condi mirage currently has phase retreat, blink, maaaaaybe illusionary ambush, and jaunt.

=3,900.

Ive already calculated that meta spellbreaker has 5,800 units of pure unbroken movement chaining in previous threads.

It's a bit of a disingenuous way to compare them purely by distance traveled for example rush and blink are both 1200 range yet rush takes much longer to travel that distance resulting in much lower velocity.

Not really. Distance is distance and for the mirage that beats warrior they're both completed in the same amount of time even with a lot of mesmer's being instant teleports.

So a long time ago when I was doing a task in the laboratory my old boss told me it’s ok to put a reacting emulsion, currently at room temperature, in the walk-in 4 Celsius fridge for the same amount of time, because “it would be better”.

I explained to her the basic concept of kinetic energy and that the reaction would go faster at room temperature (which was the guideline).

She just laughed at me and went, “what does kinetic energy have to do with anything?”

! My incredulity rose like the yeast bread I made yesterday. Slowly and irrevocably.

@Axelteas.7192 said:Whats really broken is the d.a.mn rune of the earth, whean a warrior wears the rune (earth shield) + a offhand shield a ranged class has no possibility, and melee warrior wins, thats annoying and unplayable.

Strength spellbreaker uses the earth runes. Core and defense spellbreaker do not, and those are the only two classes that take defense; which is required to reflect projectiles with blocks. There is no earthly way a Core warrior or Defense spellbreaker could take Rune of Earth and still be viable. Core has no sort of access to protection, and defense would do like 0 damage with the reflects.

And let's say you come across a Strength Spellbreaker running Rune of Earth, because that's pretty common. If you're playing Soulbeast, unstoppable union which makes your attacks unblockable will nullify the Magnetic aura. That goes for any other unblockable ranged attack too. Even then, the aura only lasts a few seconds and has a 60 second cooldown. Really not a big deal.

compared to some of these other specialization that overall are just more contributing towards aoe damage and have insane burst and sustain I'm referring to scrapper,holo, soulbeast or mesmer and even reaper double life pool. Warrior would be the definition of trash like thief, the class has purely direct damage with like no actual aoe which is intended it will hit hard but as a whole dmg is lacking in aoe which this game revolves around team fight.

As i already had posted in a previous post about a top non-gw2 streamer being curious about the state of gw2 after the latest balance patch. No surprise here; she was +1 shotted by rifle warrior with Gun Flame.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gun_Flame

Itr is nothing new because +1 shooting rifle warrior is not new news. As the saying goes, 'been there...done that'. With the increasingly of Power-Creep- what was there before returns--and the cycle repeats and continues and repeat itself.

Rifle warrior will be nerfed than will be un-nerfed and will be nerfed and will be un-nerfed....the cycle continues= Rinse+Repeat

Anyhow i am not angry or anything but am tired of the continuously choice of direction Anet has set for the game. (Power-Creep, +1 shotting, Perma-Stealth, Broken mechanics including the recycle of broken builds and the tolerance of toxicity....keep me away from the game including potential dedicated gw2 players including non-gw2 players.

(I would think Anet would rethink their decisions of their direction of the game after the lost of staffs including the declining sales to decrease what is keep players from being dedicated to the game resulting in them investing but they did not. Instead; the choice was to continuously to increase Power-Creep with increasing +1 shotting with more toxic to what was already toxic before.)

Instead of promoting a healthy fun competitive experience and environment where players can enjoy their time and relax-instead, give them more reasons to stay away from the game and to shorten their devoted time in seconds.

(I will no longer make long posts like this ever again because after 7 years; nothing has changed and will not change for the better. It's all Rinse+Repeat All Over Again= No Lessons Learned )

Anyhow, the streamer linked us a video of her experience

'GW2 - Rifle warrior 1 shotting everyone! - Too OP! 'by Enagez

I found a much similar video of her toxic experiences. (see the date??) Why has it returned??

'GW2 Beta | GUN FLAME MLG INSTAKILL MONTAGE'by HolltsPublished on Oct 8, 2015