More Nerfs?!?!

Solori.6025

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what I find annoying is that aside from Chronobunk and Condition Mirage, no other Meta SPvP build were evenly slightly touched this patch. Like, at all. I don't get it. Spellbreakers are dominating. Revenant are dominating. Holosmiths and Scrappers are dominating. Sic Em Soulbeasts are dominating. Firebrands are still the kings of support in MAT. It's not like February 2018 where it was literally nothing but Mirage and Chronobunk.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Koen.1327 said:blinding dissipation with ineptitude will now make your f2 shatter hit for 16 confusion, quite a buff i'd say

I don't play condi. So this does nothing for me.I guess for a condi chrono this would be great.Condi Mirage cant survive without Chaos so this rules them out too. ( since they gutted dueling vigor generation and Chaos traits are the only worthwhile source of vigor left)

Edit: Guess I should specifiy.More power mes nerfs. As Evasive mirror in light of the resurgence of LB rangers in WvW is already annoying enough. The blinding dissipation change to me is more annoying when fighting things that stick to you in melee, like a thief or warr.But owell, like I said, I'll just be away for a while longer until something changes for the better

Edit 2: and before I forget- You realize ineptitude competes with DE- which is vastly more superior.Like without question DE is Alpha of that trait line

Condi Mirage already takes Chaos and Dueling. With Evasive Mirror gutted, Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude might be worthwhile again with minimal changes.

Still I think the nerf to scepter will finally push the last few condition mirages onto GS Mirage or Chrono.

Mass Invisibility and Master of Manipulation were finally reworked but Mass Invisibility even buffed is still worse than Elixir S and Sneak Gyro by a significant margin.

If you feel bad, remember Daredevil which is already not doing so hot, got a kick in the teeth with Steal's range cut in half when taking Daredevil (Though it becomes unblockable)

About Daredevil, is it not a trait who changes your steal to swipe becoming 600 range unblockable?If you take that trait that happens, unless they made it a minor of daredevil and cannot be changed.

Minor.

I see...

So now the middle tree of Dueling in mesmer will be a kinda dead tree unless you run condi inept.Maybe people will use sword/sword and the sword reduction trait which is kinda meh and irrelevant...

We still don't know if the clones are also procing blind allowing you to get 8 confusion stacks off ineptitude.

That's why I said unless you run condi, but if you run power all the 3 traits seems pretty useless, a 1.5 second blind on F2 is useless.2 seconds reflects every 10 seconds, you will get melted by rangers like crazy right now, and fencers finesse doesn't do anything worth mentioning.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Koen.1327 said:blinding dissipation with ineptitude will now make your f2 shatter hit for 16 confusion, quite a buff i'd say

I don't play condi. So this does nothing for me.I guess for a condi chrono this would be great.Condi Mirage cant survive without Chaos so this rules them out too. ( since they gutted dueling vigor generation and Chaos traits are the only worthwhile source of vigor left)

Edit: Guess I should specifiy.More power mes nerfs. As Evasive mirror in light of the resurgence of LB rangers in WvW is already annoying enough. The blinding dissipation change to me is more annoying when fighting things that stick to you in melee, like a thief or warr.But owell, like I said, I'll just be away for a while longer until something changes for the better

Edit 2: and before I forget- You realize ineptitude competes with DE- which is vastly more superior.Like without question DE is Alpha of that trait line

Condi Mirage already takes Chaos and Dueling. With Evasive Mirror gutted, Blinding Dissipation and Ineptitude might be worthwhile again with minimal changes.

Still I think the nerf to scepter will finally push the last few condition mirages onto GS Mirage or Chrono.

Mass Invisibility and Master of Manipulation were finally reworked but Mass Invisibility even buffed is still worse than Elixir S and Sneak Gyro by a significant margin.

If you feel bad, remember Daredevil which is already not doing so hot, got a kick in the teeth with Steal's range cut in half when taking Daredevil (Though it becomes unblockable)

About Daredevil, is it not a trait who changes your steal to swipe becoming 600 range unblockable?If you take that trait that happens, unless they made it a minor of daredevil and cannot be changed.

Minor.

I see...

So now the middle tree of Dueling in mesmer will be a kinda dead tree unless you run condi inept.Maybe people will use sword/sword and the sword reduction trait which is kinda meh and irrelevant...

We still don't know if the clones are also procing blind allowing you to get 8 confusion stacks off ineptitude.

That's why I said unless you run condi, but if you run power all the 3 traits seems pretty useless, a 1.5 second blind on F2 is useless.2 seconds reflects every 10 seconds, you will get melted by rangers like crazy right now, and fencers finesse doesn't do anything worth mentioning.

Fencer's finesse could be decent, the problem is that sword skills are pretty fucking bad aside from ambush which carries the set.Blurred frenzy should be fewer hits so you don't kill youself in retal, sword 3 needs some change to reliability and maybe make it usable out of combat, sword 5 should be reverted to how it was pre-phantasm rework. In my opinion.

@"Curunen.8729" said:Wish they would have done something different reworking Evasive Mirror instead of slapping a 10s icd on top of conditional "on evade"... It's too convoluted to predict and is just going to end up being "luck" relfects that may or may not be influential in a fight. Way to make a trait useless.

And the changing all manipulations to superspeed is kind of lame/unimaginitive. Not happy about this one, they could have done far better.

Aren't they great at doing that?They just keep screwing things over and over making it less choices to make, you go that trait line pick this and this and that, that is it.

Also for Mesmer community pleeeeeeeeease people stop pointing at things to nerf for mesmer, every time mesmers point out at something "they should have nerf that or this" we end up getting that thing nerfed/killed next patch without getting anything useful of the other things mentioned =/

Dune cloak, rework that damn trait.Elusive mind, rework that damn trait.Egotism, rework that damn trait.So many things needs to be reworked or buffed.

Master of manipulation change is good except for the old reflect interaction with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror .I'm anticipating a wave of whinners crying about mesmer stealth + superspeed mobility.

That said I join others when talking about Dueling trait :There is three reasons currently to take this trait line :

• Having more damage in condi build. (duellist discipline, sharper images, blinding dissipation, ineptitude.)
  • Having more sustain in a power build. (usually blinding dissipation.)
  • Having sustain over ranged attacks with easive mirror.

So there will be only one reason left to take duelling : having increased condi burst ?

With no on demand blind on shatter when in melee on power builds, power builds should migrate to distance chaos line with PU gameplay. In a PvP environnement, I doubt it will be that usefull.

@"Heartpains.7312" said:Also for Mesmer community pleeeeeeeeease people stop pointing at things to nerf for mesmer, every time mesmers point out at something "they should have nerf that or this" we end up getting that thing nerfed/killed next patch without getting anything useful of the other things mentioned =/

You are right that mesmer community is the least involved to defend their class and mostly agreed with nerfs. Right also there isn't compensation to lost of gameplay/removal.Like where is the glamour trait ????

@"viquing.8254" said:Master of manipulation change is good except for the old reflect interaction with https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirror .I'm anticipating a wave of whinners crying about mesmer stealth + superspeed mobility.

That said I join others when talking about Dueling trait :There is three reasons currently to take this trait line :

• Having more damage in condi build. (duellist discipline, sharper images, blinding dissipation, ineptitude.)
  • Having more sustain in a power build. (usually blinding dissipation.)
  • Having sustain over ranged attacks with easive mirror.

So there will be only one reason left to take duelling : having increased condi burst ?

With no on demand blind on shatter when in melee on power builds, power builds should migrate to distance chaos line with PU gameplay. In a PvP environnement, I doubt it will be that usefull.

Indeed, stealth uptime will be one of the cries, in wvw will be cried even harder, at this point the only source of sustain is stealth, PU will be the choice there.Next patch a new wave of nerfs are coming to the newly buffed mass invisibility and CS.

Edit: some people talking about fencers finesse, fencers finesse is trash period.Similar traits have passive stat gain, this is the only one that requires 10 hits.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Also I think we can expect similar sacrifices to core shatters when picking Mirage or Chronomancer with what they did for Daredevil, Druid, and Berserker probably the balance patch after this one. If they're making changes like getting rid of F1 burst skills for warriror outside of Berserkering, cutting Steal's Range by 50%, and nerfing Druid Pet Stats there is almost certainly something in the pipeline coming for Chronomancer and Mirage that wasn't ready for this particular release. So brace yourselves for that.

im actually glad you pointed this out it had not occured to me that several professions dont give up anything for taking an elite spec.Such as scourge giving up shroud, reaper having increased life force cost over time, weaver no longer being able to rapid switch attuments, tempest having longer increased cd for overloading an attunment... and so onChrono and and Mirage didnt really seem to give up anything and just got pure bonuses tapped onto their base mesmer mechanics.

Mirage already got its sacrifice in the last patch, its dodge is now worse then the standard dodge. Chrono's sacrifice is having to go into the Chronojail.

What I don't understand is why they didn't just replace evasive mirror. They have to realize that the effect simply doesn't work on a 10s cd. It's completely worthless! You have to evade an attack to trigger it. This makes it more or less a passive effect. In other words, you don't use it as a planned counter to a ranged attack. That works with a short cooldown, but on a 10s cd you'll so rarely get any useful reflects out of this trait that it might as well not be an option at all. They should have replaced it.

Disappointing to see reflect Mesmer essentially removed as a playstyle. It was interesting to be able to create anti-projectile builds that actually forced Longbow Soulbeasts and Rifle Scrappers to reconsider their rote skill usage. Just another bit of build diversity essentially expunged. That Evasive Mirror ICD is way too high and is going to become boringly passive in its utilisation. Every 10 seconds, you'll get Mirror - not very engaging. There are better ways that this trait could be changed.

Anyway, Confusing Images nerf very much justified - maybe Anet will now try and reduce the amount of clunk inflicted in this skill. But yes, this skill was borked.

I'm very much looking forward to the increased CC potential of Mesmer. Confounding Suggestions change is very interesting when one considers how a staggered shatter could lead to consecutive stuns and utilising Mantra of Distraction (also buffed) to shorten the Diversion cooldown for even more stuns! Also Counter Blade with a 2 second piercing Daze is going to be delicious. More CC for Mesmer is always encouraging.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Edit: some people talking about fencers finesse, fencers finesse is trash period.Similar traits have passive stat gain, this is the only one that requires 10 hits.Moreover, 10 hits on a players with sword never happens.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:What I don't understand is why they didn't just replace evasive mirror. They have to realize that the effect simply doesn't work on a 10s cd. It's completely worthless! You have to evade an attack to trigger it. This makes it more or less a passive effect. In other words, you don't use it as a planned counter to a ranged attack. That works with a short cooldown, but on a 10s cd you'll so rarely get any useful reflects out of this trait that it might as well not be an option at all. They should have replaced it.

Actually yes it's more like a dead trait. I don't understand why they didn't go step by step like putting a 5 sec ICD first then go further if necessary.

@Simonoly.4352 said:I'm very much looking forward to the increased CC potential of Mesmer. Confounding Suggestions change is very interesting when one considers how a staggered shatter could lead to consecutive stuns and utilising Mantra of Distraction (also buffed) to shorten the Diversion cooldown for even more stuns! Also Counter Blade with a 2 second piercing Daze is going to be delicious. More CC for Mesmer is always encouraging.If you increase the CC potential of mesmers, the next whine wave will be about : mesmer is op, we can't play, always rupt and so on...

I'm presonnaly for a teamplay efficiency (many aoe buff.) to compensate the mesmer's duellist capacity mainly based on teamplay class who can't duel mesmers.... If a GWENR class can kill a mesmer then there should be as much mesmer as thoses class in teamfight WvW and PvP.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:What I don't understand is why they didn't just replace evasive mirror. They have to realize that the effect simply doesn't work on a 10s cd. It's completely worthless! You have to evade an attack to trigger it. This makes it more or less a passive effect. In other words, you don't use it as a planned counter to a ranged attack. That works with a short cooldown, but on a 10s cd you'll so rarely get any useful reflects out of this trait that it might as well not be an option at all. They should have replaced it.

Agreed so much. The more I think about it the more it annoys me how stupid this change is.

Not looking forward to this patch.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:Wish they would have done something different reworking Evasive Mirror instead of slapping a 10s icd on top of conditional "on evade"... It's too convoluted to predict and is just going to end up being "luck" relfects that may or may not be influential in a fight. Way to make a trait useless.

And the changing all manipulations to superspeed is kind of lame/unimaginitive. Not happy about this one, they could have done far better.

Aren't they great at doing that?They just keep screwing things over and over making it less choices to make, you go that trait line pick this and this and that, that is it.

Also for Mesmer community pleeeeeeeeease people stop pointing at things to nerf for mesmer, every time mesmers point out at something "they should have nerf that or this" we end up getting that thing nerfed/killed next patch without getting anything useful of the other things mentioned =/

Dune cloak, rework that kitten trait.Elusive mind, rework that kitten trait.Egotism, rework that kitten trait.So many things needs to be reworked or buffed.

To be fair, there was some buffs/Quality of Life changes this patch. They just didn't rework everything that needed to be done and didn't follow any of the suggestions on what to nerf or how. Which is insanely dissapointing compared to how much mesmer needs a thorough rework.

I would have been very excited to try out master of misdirection now that it won't reveal you when using mass invisibility.Confounding Suggestions was also a good change that was called for before the trait was nerfed into a daze % increase. However, I think this will be poorly thought out if it works with every single clone shattered. I originally thought it would be a 1.5 sec stun, period. If the trait works with clones and stacks stun then it will just be bagging for a nerf from the screaming crowds that follow. It probably needs like a 3 or 4 sec Internal cool down just so the clones don't stack. Sorry, I just realized I am doing the exact thing you said not to do.

@Xstein.2187 said:

Dune cloak, rework that kitten trait.Elusive mind, rework that kitten trait.Egotism, rework that kitten trait.So many things needs to be reworked or buffed.

To be fair, there was some buffs/Quality of Life changes this patch. They just didn't rework everything that needed to be done and didn't follow any of the suggestions on what to nerf or how. Which is insanely dissapointing compared to how much mesmer needs a thorough rework.

I am very excited to attempt trying out master of misdirection now that it won't reveal you when using mass invisibility.Confounding Suggestions was also a good change that was called for before the trait was nerfed into a daze % increase. However, I think this will be poorly thought out if it works with every single clone shattered. I originally thought it would be a 1.5 sec stun, period. If the trait works with clones and stacks stun then it will just be bagging for a nerf from the screaming crowds that follow. It probably needs like a 3 or 4 sec Internal cool down just so the clones don't stack.

I'm certain all clones now stun. Especially since they mentioned how they wanted mesmer shatter traits to be condensed to only effect one shatter, but to effect in a very powerful way. I think it'll be tuned down to 1s very, VERY quickly post patch because 1.5s stun is going to be nuts.

I think once it's at 1s all clones stunning won't be that problematic as really clones are going to land at very similar times and are never going to perfectly extend the duration when they overrwrite the previous stun just like how distraction is in game right now.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I am very excited to attempt trying out master of misdirection now that it won't reveal you when using mass invisibility.Confounding Suggestions was also a good change that was called for before the trait was nerfed into a daze % increase. However, I think this will be poorly thought out if it works with every single clone shattered. I originally thought it would be a 1.5 sec stun, period. If the trait works with clones and stacks stun then it will just be bagging for a nerf from the screaming crowds that follow. It probably needs like a 3 or 4 sec Internal cool down just so the clones don't stack.

I'm certain all clones now stun. Especially since they mentioned how they wanted mesmer shatter traits to be condensed to only effect one shatter, but to effect in a very powerful way. I think it'll be tuned down to 1s very, VERY quickly post patch because 1.5s stun is going to be nuts.

Mmm, if this is the case, then you would definitely be right in power coming ahead. I am just now finding myself scared shitless in how this will turn out if this is the case, particularly in future patches. With 3 clones hitting, that would be 6 sec of stun alone. With Superior Sigil of Paralyzation, it would be 7.8 seconds. I know that it a perfectly set up 3 clone hit, but I mean . . . ya, it will be 1 sec in no time if this is the case.

Past several mesmer balance patches over the year have turned me into a pessimistic, scared weiniBy the way, appologies for not thinking about the trait this way earlier. Another bad day for me. The descriptions are just vague and when reading the initial notes, I took the more pessimistic approach with both Confounding suggestions and Blinding Dissipation.

The new internal cool down on evasive mirror is insanely long still. If BD works with Ineptitude, who would take evasive mirror? Who would take evasive mirror even if it didn't work with Ineptitude? However, ya, I think it makes sense if both BD and CS worked the same way.

@Xstein.2187 said:

Sorry, I just realized I am doing the exact thing you said not to do.Its okay, we are used to it by now, i mean mostly our intentions are good, but it ends up with mesmer being nerfed on what some of us pointed at, but they ignore anything else that makes mesmer better xD

Not to mention the things that they nerfed and forgot about.And to be honest in wvw, there are things that are big threat to us if they got changed which is not related to the class directly, such as sigils and food.

@Heartpains.7312 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:

If you increase the CC potential of mesmers, the next whine wave will be about : mesmer is op, we can't play, always rupt and so on...

Don't forget to add the "mesmer comes from stealth and stun and insta kill" no counter play type of whining =p

People will whine anyway. Mesmer is in a boat with Thieves when it comes to PvP related content.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Other problem with confounding s. is that throwing in SoIllusions and continuum split will allow for broken stun uptime. It needs an ICD.

How is this even a feasible set up? I guess you could achive such a thing. But what are you going to do with it considering half your skills will be on cooldown?

CS us gated by the F3 CD any additional barrier will make it impractical to use.

@Koen.1327 said:blinding dissipation with ineptitude will now make your f2 shatter hit for 16 confusion, quite a buff i'd say..... I don't think so...blinding dissipation before, can be used 4 times, after the patch, just ONE time with Cry of Frustration who even make ineptitude USELESS.

@Solori.6025 said:This is why I left this game and it looks like my tenure away will be extended again.Same, i will not left the game but just put my mesmer in a cupboard instead of my rev (gonna be funny playing bunker rev soon) or the double dagger Elem reborn.

Endurance, the main mechanism of the mirage....Destroyed a bunch of patchs ago, axe ? Destroyed, scepter ? destroyed what left as main weapon ? the boring staff ? we'll play double staff now ?? or just the old power shatter (love it or hate it), how many viable build left for mesmer ? i don't know, all i know that I do not recognize this class anymore.

ARENA, pls nerf clones and mesmer will be ok XD

@Xaylin.1860 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:

If you increase the CC potential of mesmers, the next whine wave will be about : mesmer is op, we can't play, always rupt and so on...

Don't forget to add the "mesmer comes from stealth and stun and insta kill" no counter play type of whining =p

People will whine anyway. Mesmer is in a boat with Thieves when it comes to PvP related content.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Other problem with confounding s. is that throwing in SoIllusions and continuum split will allow for broken stun uptime. It needs an ICD.

How is this even a feasible set up? I guess you could achive such a thing. But what are you going to do with it considering half your skills will be on cooldown?

CS us gated by the F3 CD any additional barrier will make it impractical to use.

Not sure I follow your thought.Enter Cs, F3 SoI F3, throw in some clones in between for longer stun if needed, leave Cs. All your Cds except f5 are up.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:

Not sure I follow your thought.Enter Cs, F3 SoI F3, throw in some clones in between for longer stun if needed, leave Cs. All your Cds except f5 are up.

So you enter CS, stun with F3, use the 1.25s cast time SoI, stun again with F3, and leave CS. Congratulations, you've accomplished...nothing? You burnt all your clones when you entered CS, so you're not getting more time on your stun nor are you bursting with F1. You're not using other skills to burst because the only offensive instant skills mesmer has are mantras and you need to be casting SoI. So at the end of this little combo you've burnt all your clones, burnt your CS cooldown, stunned them for an additional 1.5 seconds, aaaaand that's it.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:

So you enter CS, stun with F3, use the 1.25s cast time SoI, stun again with F3, and leave CS. Congratulations, you've accomplished...nothing? You burnt all your clones when you entered CS, so you're not getting more time on your stun nor are you bursting with F1. You're not using other skills to burst because the only offensive instant skills mesmer has are mantras and you need to be casting SoI. So at the end of this little combo you've burnt all your clones, burnt your CS cooldown, stunned them for an additional 1.5 seconds, aaaaand that's it.

How come you accomplished nothing?First of all sieze the moment, so you have more then enough time to burst in between the refreshes. And even if you didn't this is a team based game, stunlocking an opponent is a guaranteed kill for your team-mate to score.