Entering the rift "bug"

When I use the Branded riftstone to enter the rift I enter the instance, kill the riftstalker, exit the instance via portal and find myself in Tyria. Then the new event starts to enter the rift again, the event is successful i enter the rift, the rift loading screen comes up and then... the map I entered from loading screen appears and I'm back in Tyria. No was to enter the rift. Even if I have another riftstone I can't enter. Is that a bug or "as intended"?

Can confirm as well. It has been happening to me as well and I haven't been able to sort out what causes it but it will either cycle me to the map I entered the portal from, or bump me to a different one e.g. I entered in Brisban Wildlands and got punted to Kessex Hills or I enter in Iron Marches and got sent back to Iron MarchesEDIT to clarify: This is happening for me with or without the Riftstone

ok i can tell you for a fact its a bug becouse i got this after i waited for 5 min and it would not let in the rift but i changed my toon and then no issue. Since i changed my toon i did not get the bug for the rest of the play time so i am gesing its a issue with serten toons or it might be a timed issue but eather way its a bug and need fixed just like the sunin cheasts and some other stuff.