Do you enjoy map completion? Why or why not?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, depends on the class used, plus the quests, some are cool, some are annoying as hell. Recently tried with mesmer and ranger bleh, will create a guardian again. (Done it with engineer, warrior, necro, elem , revenant, guardian) but mesmer, ranger, thief: never again. Simply don't understand my chrono is super weak with max power, precision, ferocity and condi... will do a bow dragonhunter, maybe weak but not as much as those classes..

Doing it once was good, doing it twice was tedious but doing it a 3rd time I ended up despising any and all PvE content from GW2...It can be a huge burn out for the sake of a legendary.

Its the hearts that get me the most, washing and feeding cows, throwing rocks into the water and stuff like that.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Doing it once was good, doing it twice was tedious but doing it a 3rd time I ended up despising any and all PvE content from GW2...It can be a huge burn out for the sake of a legendary.

Its the hearts that get me the most, washing and feeding cows, throwing rocks into the water and stuff like that.

Strange that you guys are only dissatisfied with hearts, though. To me, "gameplay" like "move to a point, check in there, move to another" is equally empty and dull chore-like activity which shouldn't be present in a game (unless the journey to them is a challenge on itself, which is not the case in GW2 since mounts were introduced in 80-90% of the cases; the remaining 10-20% are those difficult to reach places in certain maps from both DLCs, where you actually can be dismounted and even killed while trying to get there; at least attempt to reach those can be described as a game, still doing this again and again, and on such scale (i.e. visit every point in the world, for each character), is extremely tedious).

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:If the reward for completing a map would not be complete trash, maybe i would do it more often.

Its currently a boring chore for a mandetory crafting item.

Exactly that, I would like to speak shortly about bl keys which are a correct reward and not enough present:-sure you have your weekly keys: 1, 3 if enough determined to reach lvl 60 which is quite hard apart with scrolls.-0 from daily rewards-1/3 or 1/4 chance to have it as map completion. Btw quite long too if you start doing lvl 40+ maps rapidly boring.

What I'm suggesting, either add one-two keys in daily rewards (the log in table huh, not achievs), or make it guaranteed after doing 15-20 world bosses, a good compromise I think.

Btw, 0 chances to have them in PvP or WvW, I don't even speak about the drop rate.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Doing it once was good, doing it twice was tedious but doing it a 3rd time I ended up despising any and all PvE content from GW2...It can be a huge burn out for the sake of a legendary.

Strange that you guys are only dissatisfied with hearts, though. To me, "gameplay" like "move to a point, check in there, move to another" is equally empty and dull chore-like activity which shouldn't be present in a game (unless the journey to them is a challenge on itself, which is not the case in GW2 since mounts were introduced in 80-90% of the cases; the remaining 10-20% are those difficult to reach places in certain maps from both DLCs, where you actually can be dismounted and even killed while trying to get there; at least attempt to reach those can be described as a game, still doing this again and again, and on such scale (i.e. visit every point in the world, for each character), is extremely tedious).

Yea thats annoying too but atleast its fluid..Hearts is like stop and go stop and go stop and go and some hearts like cow feeding and paying tribute to kodan is mind numbingly boring

Yes I have not only done map completion for core but have went as far as to doing all the H.O.T. P.O.F. L.WS. 2,3 and 4 map and all the story lines that come with them not only once but on 3/16 of my toons still to this day ill come across a place on a map that out of the way that I haven't see and with 13 toons left to explore ill find more places like that so for you that like to wonder around if one day you see some one on an out of the way mountain peak it might be me give a wave

I have returned to some core map completion for new Gifts of Exploration and I had fun so far getting two more characters from around 70% to 100%. The mounts made the process a lot easier and less time consuming (mapping). Some hearts still drive me crazy.HoT, PoF and LS maps are another thing. I only have them completed on my main character. The amount of characters having partial completion has gone down over time (meaning I have quite a few that have DT and SW, but very few in PoF and LS3 and 4)

I looove map completion. I like to:

• pick one of my X characters without map completion
  • zoom almost all the way in (1-2 zoom outs on mid sensitivity setting from first person, height adjusted to race height), so I feel like I'm in Skyrim.
  • then I make minimap tiny as possible and set it on rotate, zoom it all the way in so it's useless. (I wish I could turn it off! Cmon Anet)
  • immerse myself into the map, talk to NPC's, use my EYES, do things
  • at the end when I think I explored all of it, check map and see what I missed.

You end up immersing yourself into what's going on on that particular map, races/groups/their issues, it's really nice. I love how I can just keep making characters and doing it all over again, as well. Would be neat if I could reset progress on an existing character. Then could do it forever! (And wouldn't have to roll as many characters as there are legendaries, I suppose, although I do have more than enough characters to cover all existing legendaries :D)

All the ppl who says "Yes" "Relaxing" blablabla are :

1- casuals2- do it for the first time, maybe the second3- too casuals .....4- doing some achievements

First time it's been nice, second time ! a rediscovery.

I'm doing it for the SIXTH time for god sake (yep i sell legendaries), i have Hearts nightmares now...... :anguished:

@PlagueParade.7942 said:Not after doing it 18 times and all of them except the last was before mounts were introduced.

:astonished: ... Man, i take a pic of ur post and I'll put it on the wall as motivation.

@"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:All the ppl who says "Yes" "Relaxing" blablabla are :

1- casuals2- do it for the first time, maybe the second3- too casuals .....4- doing some achievements

First time it's been nice, second time ! a rediscovery.

I'm doing it for the SIXTH time for god sake (yep i sell legendaries), i have Hearts nightmares now...... :anguished:

@PlagueParade.7942 said:Not after doing it 18 times and all of them except the last was before mounts were introduced.

:astonished: ... Man, i take a pic of ur post and I'll put it on the wall as motivation.

Hm, I do not think it is fair of you to state why others might or might not enjoy map completion. I have over 10k hours in this game and I still enjoy a leisure stroll through some of the open world maps. I do find hearts too grindy to enjoy map completing often, but still. I can see the appeal.