Druids vs soulbeasts

Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497

• 4 weeks later...

@"Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497" said:So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.Ty

Pretty sure I'm the only person left that is seriously playing Druid in ranked and ATs. If you want to Druid, here is how you do it in 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJwTjfSYlA

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497 said:So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.Ty

Pretty sure I'm the only person left that is seriously playing Druid in ranked and ATs. If you want to Druid, here is how you do it in 2019:

hey man very fun looking build you actually convinced me to redownload gw2 since i got my pvp goals in destiny2. question though any thoughts on the upcomming balance changes? and i think I've qued against you in the past thats a hard build to fight

@Eleazar.9478 said:

@Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497 said:So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.Ty

hey man very fun looking build you actually convinced me to redownload gw2 since i got my pvp goals in destiny2. question though any thoughts on the upcomming balance changes? and i think I've qued against you in the past thats a hard build to fight

Nothing will change in terms of the Druid build that you'd want to use. But due to the 20% reduction to Druid pet attributes, Druid will struggle with viability afterwards unfortunately. That's a large hit to the Druid's DPS department.

@blackjinx.4975 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524"

i want to try this build in pvp but what gear should i use in WvW roaming ?

and is this build viable for fractal and open world ?

For end-game pve, you want to set a Druid up like this -> https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/ranger/druid/heal/ Its meta role is a team support for T4 Fractals/Raids. For open world or DPS options in general, you should be using Soulbeast.

For wvw, I also suggest using Soulbeast LB/GS setups that utilize Eagle and the GS3 double swoop for the greatest mobility & highest DPS possible. You can run cheap Berserker/Scholar setups, and be one of the current most effective roam builds. If you insist on running a Druid for roaming, there is a slightly alternative Druid build that you would want to use:

Wilderness: 1 2 2Nature: 1 3 2Druid: 1 1 2

Staff: Energy & GeomancyAxe/Warhorn: Energy & GeomancyHarrier or Plaguedoctor stats & Mad King Runes

6 - Troll Unguent7 - Quick Zephyr8 - Sig of Stone9 - Lightning Reflex0 - Entangle

Pet 1: Electric WyvernPet 2: Bristleback

Why Mad King Rune? Well for actual DPS oriented builds, something like Scholar is going to add much more damage. For low DPS builds that don't have the attributes to be amplified by something like Scholar, Mad King Rune surprisingly adds a lot of damage. So the Druid keeps itself stacked to 25 might easily right. This makes the bleeds off Axe 2 Splitblade and Entangle dangerous. Mad King adds +45% to bleed duration, which is a lot of damage boost. Then each time Entangle is used, the #6 bonus on Mad King activates, where the birds come down in an AoE and attack anything in the radius. Most people aren't aware that the #6 bonus off Mad King functions exactly as the Ranger Warhorn 4 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Call There is a lot of damage to land here with: Quick Zephyr - Warhorn 4 - Bristleback F2 - Entangle w/ Birds - Axe 2 - Axe 3. For a sustainy Druid, this build packs a lot of mid-ranged DPS and is capable of 1vXing n wvw due to it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497" said:So I'm seeing more and more druids in spvp at the moment which to be fair is quite refreshing, are they viable at all as im thinking of trying one out, not just pvp but all game modes.Ty

I watched your entire video and I really wanna thank you (and everyone involved in the video) for your time and effort. It was easy to understand and it is very informative. I especially like the part where you show gameplay vs. the current meta builds - it was very interesting to watch and it felt like the video was barely 10 minutes long even though it is almost reached 40 minutes.