The epic PvP experience of a Thief.

Carnifex.3275

@Kraljevo.2801 said:

@Erzian.5218 said:ESO is a good game but it really suffers from performance issues (cyrodil always lagging, monthly login issues for steam users, now the newly found login queue during prime time, horrible fps drops on weaker cpus). What makes this is even worse is that the main difficulty of eso (attack weaving) is highly susceptible to low performance. If the their servers and game engine were better, it would be an amazing game (assuming you don't mind that pretty much every skills is instant and most cast animations can be canceled so that's impossible to actually see what's going on).If you like smooth movement and combat, you should stick to gw2 as ESO just feels super clunky compared to it.

Yep, the game is really sensitive to packet loss to the point where it can cause 10 minute loading screens. If you're using WiFi (for whatever reason) and want to play pvp in ESO, forget about it.

That's crappy.i never use wifi for online so been really good but that would definitely be anoying

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, if it's not the Thief's fault, it's the Necros. That Rev jump you out of nowhere and shreds you while your team chases the bunker Scrapper off node? You suck. Your bad. And you smell like a corpse.

Not a necro main either? Don't worry we got you covered! Kitten weaver sitting on home 1v2, it's YOUR fault we lost the 4v3 at mid because you aren't meta!

But Aylpse person, I don't play any of those classes! Fret not my ranked grinding monkey friend, because you just need to remember, no matter what you play, the team chat meta dictates that you shift the blame! Bronze player? Don't worry about it we got you covered. Just shift the blame!

The key here is to turn off team chat, even if it's a technical determinant. I've never seen team chat used for anything constructive or to alert you. Outside map pings, It's every man for himself.

@"Ralkuth.1456" said:Deleting everything is a little harsh. Certainly the strong of will can resist the temptation to play a game they abhor more than love?

! Half the time resisting works every time

for me its like completing an essay and puttin the last DOT. i delete somethin when i'm 100% sure i'm done with it. and also it's a way to prevent a come back. a certain way of "not repeating same mistakes again". so yea its harsh.. but that's what i just had to do to make sure.

Yeah that's totally understandable.my couple buds that left gw2 few months ago to go to ESO both bought all the add ons and sub for eso plus, I just got standard eddition cuz wanted to try it out and they definitely got alot of perks lol they definitely didnt grind to level 10 before getting a mount. I can see me checking out wvw in gw from time to time but that be about it with where this games heading,eso seems to far ahead of this game as far as everything else to return to this boring mess.

u see the thing is even later on in the game it really limits you. even to craft meta sets in pvp (cyrodiil) u need access to some kind of DLC crafting tables. also transmutation is locked behind DLC if u want to transmute nirnhoned lets say on your weap. and just overall.. the feeling of trying to avoid to pick up things and avoiding crafting mats just so your inventory doesnt get full.. rly a bad move with eso plus model. but still yea.. i do agree that having in mind performance of cyrodiil and eso plus (craft bag).. it still has alot more things that are done perfectly. even when it comes to balance.. u can be a 1v1 / 1v2 god just on any class with the right setup. gw2 is rly million miles away from that kind of balance.

@"Vancho.8750" said:Sorry for being negative, but in the whole thread i don't see what exactly is the problem with thief, what skill , what trait, what weapon is bad. I see people playing down the mobility of thief, it can traverse the SPVP maps in seconds if it had the big deeps of anything else it will force everyone in playing fully defensive, since no one can tell where the thief will pop out, which means more bunkers. Thief is less about mechanics and more about decision making and map awareness. The problem with spvp is that mobility is king and since when you get a thief on your team the other team has one too and most of the time the effort of the other 4 will be null and void by the better thief.Also i can't deny that many people are stupid and don't understand the roles of builds in sPVP and if they type in chat "this guy bad" that means they also don't understand they are wasting time and not helping. But that also applies to thief players, most of the time the "this guy bad" is a thief player, and on average you will get the bad thief on the team which feeds on the negative perception of the class. Most players assume being mechanically good=i'm the best, which feeds their ego but that free point being left not decaped is having more impact on the game then killing that dude.Average warrior, guardian, necromancer is good enough they can do their thing and have some impact, but having average thief is painful, cause it is really hard to cover for it,no one can really follow thief around , that is why bunkers started to be played more and more.

The problem with thief is that its extremely typecast as it were. There is one viable thief role. Any deviation means you lose your team the game. And that one role unfortunately just aint very fun. Sure, few things are more effective than decapping enemy points and turning all even fights uneven, and a well-played thief can turn the tide of most games. But at the same time, standing on a point, or going for pitiful but relevant burst on a guy engaged in a 1v1 or 2v2 are just boring. The PvP doesnt mean the same for thief as it does for others. Its Player vs Points, rather than Player vs Player.

And the problem is, that role means no other role gets to be viable. Any time any thief becomes close to being able to 1v1 anyone but other thieves, they get nerfed hard. To some degree, its understandable. But its frustrating. Thieves identity was supposed to be a deadly duelist. A class you should worry about when 1v1ing, instead of relaxing. And it wont change. Not as long as shortbow 5 exists. Just like, as long as shortbow 5 exists, thief will remain always good, no matter how terrible at fighting it gets. You could take everything but shortbow, and thief would still be very good.

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing ESO a couple nerfs ago and if Anet doesn't fix thief next balance patch im fully moving over and deleting GW2 after 6 years. the amount of nerfs for thief is unreal there is the dagger AA nerf, Lead Attack nerf, Unhindered Combatant Nerf, CD on backstab (that ones an old nerf but i hate it still to this day it killed a whole playstyle), and now the nerf to steal. when your in an abusive relationship you can only take so many beatin-I mean nerfs before you leave.

@ArcanistSeven.8720 said:I started playing ESO a couple nerfs ago and if Anet doesn't fix thief next balance patch im fully moving over and deleting GW2 after 6 years. the amount of nerfs for thief is unreal there is the dagger AA nerf, Lead Attack nerf, Unhindered Combatant Nerf, CD on backstab (that ones an old nerf but i hate it still to this day it killed a whole playstyle), and now the nerf to steal. when your in an abusive relationship you can only take so many beatin-I mean nerfs before you leave.

Dont forget Ricochet.. I liked that trait.