Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm having the same problems T.T I used 2 cards even paypal an would keep giving me error again. Last week it work but this time around keep doing it to me again. All I want is to get me my Noble's Folly pass before it leave in like 30 mins. I put a ticket but I'm not even sure that going help me in time.

@"headraver.4862" said:tryed two different cards on my account and the error msg occurs i even phoned my bank to see if was some how getting blocked and they said the purchases you tryed to make are not even showing up on your account to begin with

Yeah, its like the API to Digital River is down, doesn't even submit it but comes back with an error, "Unfortunately an error has occurred, please try again later."

Already mentioned it in another thread on this topic (which oddly didn't get merged into this) in january- it is totally beyond me how a company that actually wants to earn money just keeps ignoring this problem.Since last summer people repeatetly complain about being willing yet being unable to purchase gems due to this error. And still Arena.Net seems to insist on people opening support tickets?! I mean, it's THEM wanting our money, so THEY should be the ones digging into the problem and fixing it in general and not expect us to ask them to help us giving them our money.I for one will certainly not go down on my knees and begging them to take my money, either theya) just fix it and give us a notification that everything works as intended again orb) at least start a support topic here where we can just drop our affected accounts and they keep doing their individual fixes (which smell like fishy workarounds to me, but no accusation w/o proof)

I will certainly NOT open a ticket for it (I experienced first hand how "great" this works when my wife had some other payment issues a while back, long before this error occured. I certainly won't go through that bunch of false accusations, constant lack of understanding technical payment processes, ignoring statements of professional bank managers etc. again).I can only strengthen everyone affected in doing the same- vote with your wallet. Let them know here you're affected, but don't take the CS route. We might miss out on some great sales and other shiny/convinience stuff, but after all it's just a video game.

Wanted to buy some gems in order to pick up some of the storage expanders that are currently on sale, but now im getting said error message. Oh well, i guess they dont want to earn money.

As a sidenote, is there seriously no way to buy gems in the normal browser via the account.arena.net page? This seems to be like one of the most basic things to have, especially since the ingame-tp is so laggy lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is a surprise, I come back to the game, try to buy gems to move servers and Anet has a broken payment system, that seems to have been going on for over 6 months, and there answer, instead of fixing the issue, is for everyone suffering with the problem to submit a support ticket, I was trying to buy 16k gems, $200 and I cant, and I refuse to submit a support ticket to get a fix that Anet should be fixing double time, as they are losing money from I am sure alot more people then myself over this error.Anet if you want mine and other peoples money, i would suggest you figure this out quick and get a fix in place. Probably changing from Digital River would be a good start.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"B O N K.6210" said:Well there is a surprise, I come back to the game, try to buy gems to move servers and Anet has a broken payment system, that seems to have been going on for over 6 months, and there answer, instead of fixing the issue, is for everyone suffering with the problem to submit a support ticket, I was trying to buy 16k gems, $200 and I cant, and I refuse to submit a support ticket to get a fix that Anet should be fixing double time, as they are losing money from I am sure alot more people then myself over this error.Anet if you want mine and other peoples money, i would suggest you figure this out quick and get a fix in place. Probably changing from Digital River would be a good start.

The reason why we ask players to submit a ticket in these cases is that troubleshooting this kind of issue oftentimes requires sharing personal information, that we will not allow anybody to do on the forums for security reasons. Payment systems are also complex and we also don't want a back and forth on the forums, but an agent from the Customer Support team will help you if you do chose to contact them at help.guildwars2.com

Just in case you haven't checked them yet, there's a few Knowledge Base articles that could be helpful to you:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016021188-Problems-When-Purchasing-Gemshttps://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230515368-Managing-Payment-Information

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@"B O N K.6210" said:Well there is a surprise, I come back to the game, try to buy gems to move servers and Anet has a broken payment system, that seems to have been going on for over 6 months, and there answer, instead of fixing the issue, is for everyone suffering with the problem to submit a support ticket, I was trying to buy 16k gems, $200 and I cant, and I refuse to submit a support ticket to get a fix that Anet should be fixing double time, as they are losing money from I am sure alot more people then myself over this error.Anet if you want mine and other peoples money, i would suggest you figure this out quick and get a fix in place. Probably changing from Digital River would be a good start.

The reason why we ask players to submit a ticket in these cases is that troubleshooting this kind of issue oftentimes requires sharing personal information, that we will not allow anybody to do on the forums for security reasons. Payment systems are also complex and we also don't want a back and forth on the forums, but an agent from the Customer Support team will help you if you do chose to contact them at help.guildwars2.com

Just in case you haven't checked them yet, there's a few Knowledge Base articles that could be helpful to you:

Not to come across like a troll, but any other gaming company would have had this issue fixed and dealt with a hell of alot faster, its not good business practise to have something like that is costing you money, again its been over 6 months, I would love to see how much money has been lost because of it,

Just throwing in here that I'm having the same issue. It won't pull up the PayPal login, and trying to use CC gives an error. I don't know if my GameStop has any gemcards, let alone go out of my way to pick some up. :/ Can't even buy codes on Amazon to try to get around this.

Sending in a Support ticket, but, man, guys.

Edit: Husband having the same issue on his computer, lol.