[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

The only way to see if a new skin is nice is to use a transmutation charge to change your item to itThe preview window isnt good

But if we dont like it, we have to spend another charge to change it back

Changing an item back to its original skin should be free and not use a charge

I know people loaded with legendary gear won't care much, but weapon/armor sets would be kinda sweet. Maybe ANet could even apply it to legendary armor/weapons so that it auto changes stats?

Also, it would be really cool to be able to look at your main inventory, but not withdraw or deposit anything, as an option of your character inventory. Maybe put a little icon next to the wallet icon that allows you to click and view.

Could we please have a choice in the game menu which, if we turn on, stops all windows appearing when we're in a fight. Stuff like the wvw map, inventory, guild window, they all get accidentally turned on during a fight, and it would be nice if they didnt

Suggestion: Make collection achievements for every armor and weapon set. This would add some more core AP of varying difficulties and could be a small gold sink.I would also suggest "Weapon Enthusiast" collections for collecting all of (x weapon) in core Tyria.

@Uthrax.4975 said:I know people loaded with legendary gear won't care much, but weapon/armor sets would be kinda sweet. Maybe ANet could even apply it to legendary armor/weapons so that it auto changes stats?

I am not sure what you mean by weapon/armor sets. Do you mean in terms of looks or stats? Could you maybe give an example?

Also, it would be really cool to be able to look at your main inventory, but not withdraw or deposit anything, as an option of your character inventory. Maybe put a little icon next to the wallet icon that allows you to click and view.

Not that this is a bad suggestion, at least for the ability to look, but I don't think it is likely this would be implemented given the permanent bank contract and the bank access express consumable.

@Jura.2170 said:The only way to see if a new skin is nice is to use a transmutation charge to change your item to itThe preview window isnt good

But if we dont like it, we have to spend another charge to change it back

Changing an item back to its original skin should be free and not use a charge

It works best if you pull off all of the other armor you are not previewing. I hate doing it, but until they let us toggle view pieces for previewing it is the best way to do it without consuming charges.

@BlueIce.6951 said:It works best if you pull off all of the other armor you are not previewing. I hate doing it, but until they let us toggle view pieces for previewing it is the best way to do it without consuming charges.

It isnt good for weapon skins. We cant move the preview up and down, only left and right, and we cant zoom in either

When mousing over / comparing items currently equipped stuff should be more pronounced. It's grey letters on the dark background.

I have recently watched a few new player experience streams on twitch. And people get confused too often about this. The solution is also very easy - change the size and colour of two words. It might prevent new players from getting confused and maybe even deleting better equipment.

Please do not override PvE mount selection with the Warclaw after visiting WvW.

Scenario: I always use the Griffon as my mount. I logged into the Bloodstone Fen map. Pressed X to mount up and jumped off a cliff. Crap. Warclaw. Oh, darn, I played WvW last evening. *Craters Warclaw into the ground below

A QoL solution would be if the game remembered the last-used mount if PvE and WvW independently.

The "in combat" functionality of the new Poison Master needs tweaking. Currently, the buff then poison do not trigger if you initialize combat with a beast skill.Primal Cry will trigger it because it is a multihit move, so you get put in combat before the end of the skill. The other Soulbeast F3s and most pet Beast skills do not trigger Poison Master if used to enter combat.It's an edge case but annoying. I suggest removing the in-combat modifier as the proc is tied to pet and SB cooldowns.

If we're in wvw helping to take a place like a castle or keep, and then we have to go to another map to rescue another place, we don't get wvw exp when the ppl on our team who stayed behind finally take it

We only get exp when we're on the same map

Please change it so that we can get exp, even if we're in another map

This issue has been in game for like 9 months so i will say this I do not see this geting fixed any time soon just look at this. We have blinks still brocken for 6 years were you will get invalid pathing for no reson and for over 6 months now ele mist form from when they go down is still brocken. I do not see this geting a fix untill they decied to fix the older bugs as well. I am not being mean here i am just stating facts hard core look upable facts. The devs have not learned this yet so I will say this untill they get it "The small thins and the small issue can make or breack your game no mater how mutch love you put into it" I am doing this to help you all out but i seem to get hate every time it try to help them out so if this get removed i will put the company on my perma balck list.

Not sure if this has been said or not, but could you maybe look into doing a dye overhaul? Part of what makes Fashion Wars hard is the fact that it only allows you to dye your clothes based on what section square you put it on. Could you give us more control by adding more color sections to the clothes and have us be able to manually color them by clicking on those parts instead of making it so that several parts will always be dyed even if the color you want doesn't look good in that particular section? For example, I want the ability to color the glowy, circular parts of my Savant chest piece, but I can't because it's only one section that changes its color, but it also changes the color of several cloth sections. I hope I wasn't too confusing, but I thought a coloring overhaul would be a nice QoL change.