Please make raids 5 man

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@"steki.1478" said:How come raid accessibility wasnt a problem when HoT was fresh but now it's somehow a big deal?Of course it
was
a problem. Anet even admitted that (somewhere after 2nd wing release if i remember correctly). It just wasn't a problem to
you

Not it was not and ArenaNet never said anything about accessibility.

The lead raid designer did say that accessibility from a grouping perspective "could be better" but its not an easy problem to solve:

@"Crystal Reid.2481" said:Could they be more accessible from a "finding 9 other players to play with" side? Sure. That isn't always an easy problem to solve, and any solution would detract away from the team making more raid content. We'd love to get more content out to you guys faster really.

There will be no easy mode and ArenaNet doesn't want difficulty scales in raids.You're right here. From the same quote:We won't be adding a different difficulty tier at this time. Raids need to continue to remain the most challenging content in the game, and they aren't designed to be accessible by everyone from a skill perspective.

Discussion and post can be found here. It may be old but considering it looks like the philosophy hasnt changed; its still valid.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"steki.1478" said:How come raid accessibility wasnt a problem when HoT was fresh but now it's somehow a big deal?Of course it
was
a problem. Anet even admitted that (somewhere after 2nd wing release if i remember correctly). It just wasn't a problem to
you

The lead raid designer did say that accessibility from a grouping perspective "could be better" but its not an easy problem to solve:

@"Crystal Reid.2481" said:Could they be more accessible from a "finding 9 other players to play with" side? Sure. That isn't always an easy problem to solve, and any solution would detract away from the team making more raid content. We'd love to get more content out to you guys faster really.

There will be no easy mode and ArenaNet doesn't want difficulty scales in raids.You're right here. From the same quote:We won't be adding a different difficulty tier at this time. Raids need to continue to remain the most challenging content in the game, and they aren't designed to be accessible by everyone from a skill perspective.

It may be old but considering it looks like the philosophy hasnt changed; its still valid.

Yeah never was not right, but at that point which Astral mentioned was about releasing raids without open world part and not about raids are bad.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

was
you

It may be old but considering it looks like the philosophy hasnt changed; its still valid.

Yeah never was not right, but at that point which Astral mentioned was about releasing raids without open world part and not about raids are bad.It was about "raid accessibility wasn't a problem when HoT was fresh" not being true. Nothing more, nothing less.

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@steki.1478 said:How come raid accessibility wasnt a problem when HoT was fresh but now it's somehow a big deal?Of course it
was
you

Not it was not and ArenaNet never said anything about accessibility. They said it was a problem to release 3 raid wings in a row without LS or open world content. That's why they bound the next 3 wings to LS chapters. And they will release an open world area with the next raid. There will be no easy mode and ArenaNet doesn't want difficulty scales in raids. The effort they are making to release an additional open world part so all players get something with that release clearly shows their stance.

They said that they could prob try and find ways to make finding a group easier.

Raids are 5 man content if your a god like player. If not then i guess 10 man is more your thing. And for everyone else, raids is considered hardcore endgame content in every mmo invented, so stop asking it to be dumbed downed. Put in your time and get good. I swear, i thought the get good mentality was for every game, sport and whatever else there is in life. Thats like asking to sell a color by numbers painting for as much as a salvatore dali painting. Makes no sense.

Id rather just drop raids in favor of other forms of content that is not limited to a small percentage of the player base, raids are not difficult and I've done them frankly while being pretty id of rather gone to ALOT of these zones in a living world. Have them flushed out with maybe a challenging dungeon I Can do with my friends without the need for pugs; Or for constant recruiting. I only stick in my family guild with those I know; I don't care for having more than that and I Feel its a mistake to allow it as the original guild wars was something that offered "Guilds" meaning. Here its just meaningless crap above your head.

Raids all'n'all seem like a waste of such talented developers who could be helping elsewhere; Hell make fractals harder and make them more fun because those are boring as hell as some of the older ones are dated. What about the Abbadon fractal they promised would come out later? Or other such mentions of events happening either off screen or in guild wars 1 that we can revisit? Nah raiding is lame, thats WoW's thing and frankly as its all they really have to call their own they nail it alot of the time. These ones are kind of just... I mean here?

It also brought a crowd I didn't want in this game to the game; One I had hoped would of been left in other games but sadly it seems Anet refuses to adhere to the core philosophy of their game for some things while making sure to stand by it for others.

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Id rather just drop raids in favor of other forms of content that is not limited to a small percentage of the player base, raids are not difficult and I've done them frankly while being pretty id of rather gone to ALOT of these zones in a living world. Have them flushed out with maybe a challenging dungeon I Can do with my friends without the need for pugs; Or for constant recruiting. I only stick in my family guild with those I know; I don't care for having more than that and I Feel its a mistake to allow it as the original guild wars was something that offered "Guilds" meaning. Here its just meaningless kitten above your head.

Challenging dungeons or fractals have the same audience as raids. They are still as nice and it won't change anything other than you run it with 5 than with 10 players.And your only reason for 5 people is that you can run it with friends and without pugs. Not a valid reason tbh, just selfish.Raids all'n'all seem like a waste of such talented developers who could be helping elsewhere; Hell make fractals harder and make them more fun because those are boring as hell as some of the older ones are dated. What about the Abbadon fractal they promised would come out later? Or other such mentions of events happening either off screen or in guild wars 1 that we can revisit? Nah raiding is lame, thats WoW's thing and frankly as its all they really have to call their own they nail it alot of the time. These ones are kind of just... I mean here?

The Abbadon fractal will likely never happen. They said they never promised it will be created. Only the fractal that wins the vote will be created. The other one is gone.https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/cutthroat/IMO-ArenaNet-favors-Evon-Unfair/page/1#post2473417It also brought a crowd I didn't want in this game to the game; One I had hoped would of been left in other games but sadly it seems Anet refuses to adhere to the core philosophy of their game for some things while making sure to stand by it for others.

So what is the core philosophy in the game? There a lot of people claiming to know that but most of them are actually wrong...

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Id rather just drop raids in favor of other forms of content that is not limited to a small percentage of the player base, raids are not difficult and I've done them frankly while being pretty id of rather gone to ALOT of these zones in a living world. Have them flushed out with maybe a challenging dungeon I Can do with my friends without the need for pugs; Or for constant recruiting. I only stick in my family guild with those I know; I don't care for having more than that and I Feel its a mistake to allow it as the original guild wars was something that offered "Guilds" meaning. Here its just meaningless kitten above your head.

Raids all'n'all seem like a waste of such talented developers who could be helping elsewhere; Hell make fractals harder and make them more fun because those are boring as hell as some of the older ones are dated. What about the Abbadon fractal they promised would come out later? Or other such mentions of events happening either off screen or in guild wars 1 that we can revisit? Nah raiding is lame, thats WoW's thing and frankly as its all they really have to call their own they nail it alot of the time. These ones are kind of just... I mean here?

It also brought a crowd I didn't want in this game to the game; One I had hoped would of been left in other games but sadly it seems Anet refuses to adhere to the core philosophy of their game for some things while making sure to stand by it for others.

Hate to burst your bubble but the crowd that wanted content with a minimum skill floor have been here since launch. It's just that anet missed on the difficulty bar so bad that anyone could complete what was supposed to be challenging instance content aka dungeons.

Having hard content that's 5 man isnt going to change anything. There will still be a minimum skill floor required where most of the playerbase will still be too incompetent to learn it and throw salt at those who can. You only need to look at how many people have completed 100cm to see that it honestly fares no better than raids in terms of clear rate.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:When your individual skill is more of an impact on your groups performance(20% vs 10%, 5 man vs 10man) the content feels harder and more satisfying as an individual.

It just feels harder for ppl that "do not perform that well" in 10 ppl content. Current 5man content does not feel a lot more different then 10 man, except less complex mechanics and less ppl to chat with on the ts. Your math is also a bit flawed, would be OK if everyone is a dps without having a mechanic to do, but that happens not too regularly in raids.

Constantly adding content that only huge Guilds with trained groups can play won't make the majority of players buy your products. Think of how hard Fractals and Dungeons were at the time of the release. It's time make them available to everyone.

Ditch the raid content you're not reaching your playerbase with it, instead put your efforts into content for less players. GW1 had some instances for large player groups and the content was fun. But you should consider adding raids targeted at another group of players.

Also the raids already existing should have an expert mode and a normal mode. You did that really well in GW1 with the HM. I dont get why you don't bring back working mechanics. Most people don't wanna play for loot... They wanna play because they like your game.

I agree with Turkeyspit though. You cannot make it for everyone right if you choose the number of players. Just add a feature so the group size is variable.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:When your individual skill is more of an impact on your groups performance(20% vs 10%, 5 man vs 10man) the content feels harder and more satisfying as an individual.

Actualy some of us enjoy teamworkCaddle herding =/= teamwork.

Well I am not herfing caddle but another 9 players that work together to achieve as smooth runs ay we are able to. We play diferent compositions that cannot be done without whole group effort. This is teamplay. Percentages cannot cover someones participation since without one player others would be weaker too.

Anet said that raids are ment for organised groups and not pugs when relesed. I guess they are easier then anet intended to

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I sometimes wonder if legendary armor didn’t exist at all, if these threads would still exist.Depends on whether raids would be a desirable content without legendary armor or not. If it's envoy set that makes people want to do raids, then yes, without it noone would care. But then, in such a case, why bother having raids at all?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Anet said that raids are ment for organised groups and not pugs when relesed. I guess they are easier then anet intended toThey also said you'd need full ascended gear to do them, while at the same time also claiming that they fully expect people to eventually do them naked. I'm pretty sure most of those statements were only meant to generate hype, and had nothing to do with actual design goals.

@Exatherion.3075 said:Constantly adding content that only huge Guilds with trained groups can play won't make the majority of players buy your products. Think of how hard Fractals and Dungeons were at the time of the release. It's time make them available to everyone.

Ditch the raid content you're not reaching your playerbase with it, instead put your efforts into content for less players. GW1 had some instances for large player groups and the content was fun. But you should consider adding raids targeted at another group of players.

Also the raids already existing should have an expert mode and a normal mode. You did that really well in GW1 with the HM. I dont get why you don't bring back working mechanics. Most people don't wanna play for loot... They wanna play because they like your game.

I agree with Turkeyspit though. You cannot make it for everyone right if you choose the number of players. Just add a feature so the group size is variable.

How can 1 raid wing a year be constantly adding something?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I sometimes wonder if legendary armor didn’t exist at all, if these threads would still exist.Depends on whether raids would be a desirable content without legendary armor or not. If it's envoy set that makes people want to do raids, then yes, without it noone would care. But then, in such a case, why bother having raids at all?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Anet said that raids are ment for organised groups and not pugs when relesed. I guess they are easier then anet intended toThey also said you'd need full ascended gear to do them,
while at the same time
also claiming that they fully expect people to eventually do them naked. I'm pretty sure most of those statements were only meant to generate hype, and had nothing to do with actual design goals.

What i am saying is this:I raid with 3 diferent guilds regulary. It wasnt hard to find a guild for raids. I have no problem making a squad because each day one of the guilds raid. If OP have problem find group in lfv then he should join a guild which will eliminate that problem

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:What i am saying is this:I raid with 3 diferent guilds regulary. It wasnt hard to find a guild for raids. I have no problem making a squad because each day one of the guilds raid. If OP have problem find group in lfv then he should join a guild which will eliminate that problem

Good to be you, i guess. Not everyone is you, however.